• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think i met a homophobe on Saturday

That's your tribalistic opinion.
No, it's objectively true.

What happens when a group of Fox News viewers watch CNN for a month?​

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All​

No, it's objectively true.

What happens when a group of Fox News viewers watch CNN for a month?​

STUDY: Watching Only Fox News Makes You Less Informed Than Watching No News At All​

I think i read somewhere about a daughter that used a parental chip to prevent someone from watching foxnews.

Yup, right here.

No you didn't. You people don't understand that studies aren't evidence. What they are is manipulation. It doesn't determine a causal link so it isn't evidence.
Lol.

Studies are, in fact, evidence.

There's studies of correlation correlation doesn't equal causation so they're not really evidence.
I know the difference between causation and correlation. That isn't the case hear.

I love it. The objection is supposedly moral or religious, that makes it acceptable to you. How would you react if you and your wife were on the receiving end? Riiiigggght. That only happens to “those” people.
No, it doesn't make it "acceptable" to me.

I merely pointed out the obvious, that labeling people who disagree with homosexuality as "homophobes" is not accurate; moreover, the label is intentionally pejorative, intended to insult and intimidate, not accurately label. And, for what it's worth, my wife and I are routinely on the receiving end of such insults and intimidation because of our beliefs about such behavior.

No, it doesn't make it "acceptable" to me.

I merely pointed out the obvious, that labeling people who disagree with homosexuality as "homophobes" is not accurate; moreover, the label is intentionally pejorative, intended to insult and intimidate, not accurately label. And, for what it's worth, my wife and I are routinely on the receiving end of such insults and intimidation because of our beliefs about such behavior.
Here’s what I don’t get…
You don’t “agree” with homosexuality. Fine. Nobody cares. Nobody is going back in the closet. Gay people exist and have rights just like you.
If you are against homosexuality, don’t have gay sex.
If you’re being insulted routinely, maybe you are the problem.

Here’s what I don’t get…
You don’t “agree” with homosexuality. Fine. Nobody cares.
Well, here's what I don't get, you claim "nobody cares" what people think about homosexuality, and yet, you demand our acquiescence to your agenda, to your teaching and promotion of homosexuality as something natural, good, and somehow normal. And if you can't get our acquiescence, you then demand our silence - all in the name of "rights."
Nobody is going back in the closet. Gay people exist and have rights just like you.
Rights like what? Like the [supposed] "right" to teach our children that homosexuality is somehow 'normal,' to teach them your version of sex long before they're even capable of logically or rationally analyzing the facts themselves? Or like the [supposed] "right" to indoctrinate them at the earliest impressionable age possible, before they even know what sex is, that they might be homosexuals?

I am 100% for your rights under our system of government - but adamantly opposed to your [supposed] rights that have zero to do with democracy or constitutionality - which is pretty much the entire homosexual agenda.
If you are against homosexuality, don’t have gay sex.
LOL - at least you admit what homosexuality actually is - having sex with someone of the same gender as yourself - which has nothing to do with "identity" or how one might have been born - it's simply same-sex sex.

Well, here's what I don't get, you claim "nobody cares" what people think about homosexuality, and yet, you demand our acquiescence to your agenda, to your teaching and promotion of homosexuality as something natural, good, and somehow normal. And if you can't get our acquiescence, you then demand our silence - all in the name of "rights."

Rights like what? Like the [supposed] "right" to teach our children that homosexuality is somehow 'normal,' to teach them your version of sex long before they're even capable of logically or rationally analyzing the facts themselves? Or like the [supposed] "right" to indoctrinate them at the earliest impressionable age possible, before they even know what sex is, that they might be homosexuals?

I am 100% for your rights under our system of government - but adamantly opposed to your [supposed] rights that have zero to do with democracy or constitutionality - which is pretty much the entire homosexual agenda.
LOL - at least you admit what homosexuality actually is - having sex with someone of the same gender as yourself - which has nothing to do with "identity" or how one might have been born - it's simply same-sex sex.
What agenda? What promotion? That they exist? Equally? You seem to think views are being “forced” on you. You don’t have a right to not feel icky. There’s a lot of people I’d prefer not to see everyday. I’m not in charge of this big blue marble.

FFS, the GOP would have a field day with “Mr. Ed”…

Sexuality is not something you catch like a cold. I mean, I don’t generally gravitate towards things I’m not attracted to “naturally.” Do you?

If you can’t swing from a chandelier in a leather thong, is it really freedom?

Edit: That is sarcasm, (hopefully obvious!) I don’t get why anyone cares what others do in private? That much? Sexually inappropriate is sexually inappropriate. Full stop. Wouldn’t distinguish between heterosexual and homosexual.

Last edited:
4. I assume that the following will not offend you. (I am sure that you are a very confident person.) I was looking at a rerun of "Friends" when the character who is a goofy singer said something like: "People who call themselves bisexual are only kidding themselves." (P.S. Today a line like that would never be allowed.)

Sadly, this is still a common line among the homosexuals about bisexuals.

Actual "fear" really doesn't play a role at all in such opposition.

Playing devil's advocate, if they do not fear the homosexuals, why do they need to attack them in the first place? I am including the verbal and political attacks in that.

This is what I immediately thought of when I read your post.

It's a comedy routine and there is some foul language just so you know.

This is why we need some of those extra reaction emojis like FB has.

Playing devil's advocate, if they do not fear the homosexuals, why do they need to attack them in the first place? I am including the verbal and political attacks in that.
Believing homosexuality is fundamentally wrong is not a phobia, or reason to label it a phobia.

That some "attack" homosexuality verbally or politically or otherwise does not equate to being a phobia either. One could just as easily label the homosexual lobby "heterophobes" for their attacks on heterosexuals.

Does that mean there is no fear in some (on either side) driving such attacks? No. The point is general and is directed explicitly at those who wield the pejorative "homophobe" at anyone who disagrees with homosexuality.

Because i went out to a restaurant on Saturday night and was about to eat dinner, but met this homophobe in the parking lot and he said "how can you turn from girls to guys?" which made me very offended and he said stuff like "don't you know what this says about you,what you are doing?"

And he started trying to attack me, but thankfully i got out of the way.

I never turned from girls to guys.

I'm bisexual, why can't some understand that?
Tis why my purse has a pocket, that pocket has a holstered pistol with a round chambered. Because crazies are everywhere and one might get verbally assualted but you know never know if...

Carry protection of somesort, the next crazy might make it physical.

Tis why my purse has a pocket, that pocket has a holstered pistol with a round chambered. Because crazies are everywhere and one might get verbally assualted but you know never know if...

Carry protection of somesort, the next crazy might make it physical.
I'm sorry that you live in fear.

That must suck.

I'm sorry you're willing to be a victim.
I'm not. Nor did I live in fear.

I do everything I do with confidence. No fear. No flinching at shadow's, no fear that I might be attacked at any moment.

I really do feel sorry for you.

I'm not. Nor did I live in fear.

I do everything I do with confidence. No fear. No flinching at shadow's, no fear that I might be attacked at any moment.

I really do feel sorry for you.
Don't, if I'm wrong then nothing ever happens. If you're wrong... you'll wish you had been more prudent.

Muggings happen, rapes happen, crime happens. Believing one to be immune from reality is absurd. I don't live in fear, at all. I am just honest about reality.

Back
Top Bottom