• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think i met a homophobe on Saturday

axelthefox

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Because i went out to a restaurant on Saturday night and was about to eat dinner, but met this homophobe in the parking lot and he said "how can you turn from girls to guys?" which made me very offended and he said stuff like "don't you know what this says about you,what you are doing?"

And he started trying to attack me, but thankfully i got out of the way.

I never turned from girls to guys.

I'm bisexual, why can't some understand that?

Last edited:
Because i went out to a restaurant on Saturday night and was about to eat dinner, but met this homophobe in the parking lot and he said "how can you turn from girls to guys?" which made me very offended and he said stuff like "don't you know what this says about you,what you are doing?"

Even at Anthrocon theres a mcdonalds and a burger king that will purposely screw up your order if you go in suit.

So this was some random stranger that attacked you in a parking lot?
Did you call the police?

1. Why did a stranger verbally attack you? Do you think that your appearance gives off gay vibes?

2. That's the problem: A lot of people nowadays do not stay in their lane. He had no right to speak to you like that.

3. I wish you the best of luck and the greatest happiness in this short and sad phenomenon called "life."

4. I assume that the following will not offend you. (I am sure that you are a very confident person.) I was looking at a rerun of "Friends" when the character who is a goofy singer said something like: "People who call themselves bisexual are only kidding themselves." (P.S. Today a line like that would never be allowed.)

Have a nice weekend!

1. Why did a stranger verbally attack you? Do you think that your appearance gives off gay vibes?

2. That's the problem: A lot of people nowadays do not stay in their lane. He had no right to speak to you like that.

3. I wish you the best of luck and the greatest happiness in this short and sad phenomenon called "life."

4. I assume that the following will not offend you. (I am sure that you are a very confident person.) I was looking at a rerun of "Friends" when the character who is a goofy singer said something like: "People who call themselves bisexual are only kidding themselves." (P.S. Today a line like that would never be allowed.)

Have a nice weekend!

Victim-blaming is dumb. And childish.

It was a random stranger, but i was shaking and scared.

Of you were in a red state you could have legally shot him as you likly felt fear for your life from his comments.

Wait - you were "about to eat dinner.... in the parking lot?"

Why would some random stranger ask you how you can turn from girls to guys?

His second question, or statement, was rather innocuous and has zero red flags imho that he's about to "try to" attack you.

But he tried... and you "got out of the way." And then what? He quit... trying?

And... if he tried to attack you - how would that translate to him being afraid of you?

None of this makes any sense whatsoever - and frankly doesn't come close to passing the smell test, if you ask me.

Easy explanation: OP got intercepted in the parking on their way in to eat.

The stranger got some sort of impression that OP is trans or bi
His second question, or statement, was rather innocuous and has zero red flags imho that he's about to "try to" attack you.

And... if he tried to attack you - how would that translate to him being afraid of you?

None of this makes any sense whatsoever - and frankly doesn't come close to passing the smell test, if you ask me.
Cool.

Reread your definitions of 'homophobe' see if you can figure out your own mistake. I can't keep retyping them over and over again.

Reread your definitions of 'homophobe' see if you can figure out your own mistake.
Well, first off it's one, not plural 'definitions.'
And that definition is in all accuracy and point of fact - fear of homo[sexuals].
It is also a pejorative, created by the homosexual community to describe someone who opposes homosexuality. They selected the word "phobos" - Greek for "fear" - to pejoratively label such people. It's an inaccurate term and obviously so since most opposition to homosexuality is either religious, cultural, or otherwise moral. Actual "fear" really doesn't play a role at all in such opposition.
I can't keep retyping them over and over again.
Then.... don't; because they weren't ever a 'they' in the first place.

This story doesn't seem to add up. Either that or there are some pages missing from it.

Have a nice weekend!
Why would a line like rhat never be allowed?

Well, first off it's one, not plural 'definitions.'
And that definition is in all accuracy and point of fact - fear of homo[sexuals].
It is also a pejorative, created by the homosexual community to describe someone who opposes homosexuality. They selected the word "phobos" - Greek for "fear" - to pejoratively label such people. It's an inaccurate term and obviously so since most opposition to homosexuality is either religious, cultural, or otherwise moral. Actual "fear" really doesn't play a role at all in such opposition.

Then.... don't; because they weren't ever a 'they' in the first place.
The etimology of a word, with its prefixes and suffixes is a pretty unreliable method to figure out its meaning. We do not live in Greece and we sure do not live in 1960's Greece. Should I beleive you, or my lyin eyes that actually took the time to show, more people than you can count, that the definitionS are broader in scope than you want them to believe? I just look them up and post them , and I let the professional lexicographers do what they do and if word use reflects changes in the course of time, accept those changes, because the definitions of words are not trapped and locked in a time box from 50 years ago. Word usage changes at we end up with newly edited dictionaries every few years, or online dictionaries than never stop and lexigraphers keep employed by studying and documenting those changes. One last point here Edwin, Word meanings get to change, without asking your permission.

How about I go through this exercise AGAIN just for you, and you give me 5 bucks for every noun in these definitions that is not a synonym for 'fear' or 'fear of" These definitions never stop with just the phrase 'fear' or fear of' because that has really never encapsulated the concept sufficient to leave it at that.

Last edited:

Have a nice weekend!
These questions are irrelevant. They come from the same place as accusing a rape victim of bringing it about by themselves. It make no difference whether the victim was "too gay", and your post reflects a bias.

I am so ****ing tired of the bigotry disguised as opinion/discussion. We put that shit to bed four decades ago. Who has the right to judge anyone? What people do in private is none of anyone's business, and as the late Pierre Trudeau said "the government has no business in the bedrooms of the nation" about 1969 (Few then realized he was specifically referencing what then called "homosexuals).

Always, the leaders of this assault on "alternative lifestyles, originates in the church and the moralist religions. But then the accusers won't even acknowledge they **** little boys and girls and remain protected by the most savage institution in the galaxy..."The Holy Roman Church", a collection of old white guys with closet secrets who have only ever known the company of other old white guys dictating everything from what position to use, to whether a woman can terminate a baby implanted in her by one of these soon-to-be old white guys.

Oh, just had a laugh. I was polled by phone this evening. I love polls. I know how they work etc. and hate them as they are usually wrong. So I lie to them.

Tonight I played along until the personal questions, I was sort of truthful except at the end where I declared I am "non-binary" I'm sort of sure what it means, I will have to ask my friend who is transgendered. In any event their numbers will be really ****ed, A 74 year old living in Vancouver, a retired non binary.

But **** them for asking. What ****ing difference does my gender make?

This is what I immediately thought of when I read your post.

It's a comedy routine and there is some foul language just so you know.

Easy explanation: OP got intercepted in the parking on their way in to eat.

The stranger got some sort of impression that OP is trans or bi

Cool.

Yes.

I got intercepted in the parking lot, while i was waiting on my food to be takeout, the restaurant was like taking 2 hours just to get my food.

Yes, the stranger for some reason felt i am bi.

The Korean restaurant also had these jack chick tracts out in front by the entrance and some Korean language church thing.

I wonder if i should have informed the Korean restaurant owners that the Jack chick tracts could count as hate speech.

Yes.

I got intercepted in the parking lot, while i was waiting on my food to be takeout, the restaurant was like taking 2 hours just to get my food.

Yes, the stranger for some reason felt i am bi.
How did he know what made him think that
The Korean restaurant also had these jack chick tracts out in front by the entrance and some Korean language church thing.

I wonder if i should have informed the Korean restaurant owners that the Jack chick tracts could count as hate speech.
He probably wouldn't care as I had to Google it and I'm still unsure what it is.

How did he know what made him think that
He probably wouldn't care as I had to Google it and I'm still unsure what it is.

He used a slur that is offensive to gay people that starts with f and ends with t and i started looking very angry at him for saying the term.

He used a slur that is offensive to gay people that starts with f and ends with t and i started looking very angry at him for saying the term.
That doesn't mean anything. I know quite a few straight people that would get upset about that and react that way.

How did he know you were bi

That doesn't mean anything. I know quite a few straight people that would get upset about that and react that way.

How did he know you were bi

I wonder if he or someone saw me looking at the Target pride collection one day and decided to film me against my will.

I noticed a lot of people when i been going out, been telling me to get away from them.

So someone must have outed me.

For the life of me I can't figure out why some people are so threatened by what consenting adults find sexy.

Back
Top Bottom