• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I think i met a homophobe on Saturday

Because i went out to a restaurant on Saturday night and was about to eat dinner, but met this homophobe in the parking lot and he said "how can you turn from girls to guys?" which made me very offended and he said stuff like "don't you know what this says about you,what you are doing?"

And he started trying to attack me, but thankfully i got out of the way.

I never turned from girls to guys.

I'm bisexual, why can't some understand that?
Glad you were unharmed - even though it did little to increase your victimhood rating.

Because i went out to a restaurant on Saturday night and was about to eat dinner, but met this homophobe in the parking lot and he said "how can you turn from girls to guys?" which made me very offended and he said stuff like "don't you know what this says about you,what you are doing?"

It's too complex.

Or more accurately, someone told them it was bad and they believed that person.

I’ll take “shit that never happened” for 500 Alex

I wonder if he or someone saw me looking at the Target pride collection one day and decided to film me against my will.
so you think this person is stalking you?
I noticed a lot of people when i been going out, been telling me to get away from them.

So someone must have outed me.
I said these are your acquaintances or people you maybe have some sort of connection to. I may live in a very different place than you do I was really rather astounded by how little everyone cared when I came out and I have a pretty diverse cast of Friends.

I don't think I've ever had someone psychically know I was gay and then proceed to physically assault me over it this is just such a strange occurrence to me.

Oh hi, Jussie 😃

Well, first off it's one, not plural 'definitions.'
And that definition is in all accuracy and point of fact - fear of homo[sexuals].
Well, if you're going to be literal about the definition, it would be fear of similarity. Very few old compound words are literally defined on the basis of their archaic components though. Words are defined by (common) usage.

Why would a line like rhat never be allowed?
Because it implies that bi-sexuality does not exist.

That line got a big laugh at the time (the series ran from 2004 -2014).

Today the sexuality zeitgeist is different.

Because it implies that bi-sexuality does not exist.

That line got a big laugh at the time (the series ran from 2004 -2014).

Today the sexuality zeitgeist is different.
Nonsense.

Who told you a line like that wouldn't be OK today?

i'm a straight, white guy. i never even think about people considering me as a lesser human.

nor has anyone ever approached me to talk shit to me about being straight.

it makes one wonder if heaven accepts the haters who hate just to hate.

Nonsense.

Who told you a line like that wouldn't be OK today?
Nobody told me.

Although I am very old (85), I am still able to sense the current zeitgeist.

Today we are all more sensitive to people's feelings. If someone feels that s/he is bisexual, then we should accept their claim.

At the time of "Friends" (1994 - 2004), people (such as that character) could say something like that.

In fact, I am surprised (and pleased) that "Friends" is still allowed to be aired. Some of the dialogue has occasionally been considered to be culturally incorrect or at least insensitive (for example, jokes about being overweight).

Nobody told me.

Although I am very old (85), I am still able to sense the current zeitgeist.

Today we are all more sensitive to people's feelings. If someone feels that s/he is bisexual, then we should accept their claim.

At the time of "Friends" (1994 - 2004), people (such as that character) could say something like that.

In fact, I am surprised (and pleased) that "Friends" is still allowed to be aired. Some of the dialogue has occasionally been considered to be culturally incorrect or at least insensitive (for example, jokes about being overweight).
Such nonsense.

I suspect you watch way too much fox news.

Well, first off it's one, not plural 'definitions.'
And that definition is in all accuracy and point of fact - fear of homo[sexuals].
It is also a pejorative, created by the homosexual community to describe someone who opposes homosexuality. They selected the word "phobos" - Greek for "fear" - to pejoratively label such people. It's an inaccurate term and obviously so since most opposition to homosexuality is either religious, cultural, or otherwise moral. Actual "fear" really doesn't play a role at all in such opposition.

Then.... don't; because they weren't ever a 'they' in the first place.
I love it. The objection is supposedly moral or religious, that makes it acceptable to you. How would you react if you and your wife were on the receiving end? Riiiigggght. That only happens to “those” people.

Such nonsense.

I suspect you watch way too much fox news.
Actually I watch little news.

That's why I watch "Friends."

But when I do dip into the news for a few minutes, it is -- of course -- FOX (and recently CNN only for Ukraine coverage).

Naturally I would never lower myself to watch the crazies on MSNBC or the politically correct on the network news.

Actually I watch little news.

That's why I watch "Friends."

But when I do dip into the news for a few minutes, it is -- of course -- FOX (and recently CNN only for Ukraine coverage).

Naturally I would never lower myself to watch the crazies on MSNBC or the politically correct on the network news.
Fox is lying to you and manipulating you.

so you think this person is stalking you?
I said these are your acquaintances or people you maybe have some sort of connection to. I may live in a very different place than you do I was really rather astounded by how little everyone cared when I came out and I have a pretty diverse cast of Friends.

I don't think I've ever had someone psychically know I was gay and then proceed to physically assault me over it this is just such a strange occurrence to me.

Well, i live in Hawaii.

And it's like everyone knows everyone here and where you reach the end of dating apps like tinder.

My mom said i made some kind of face when he said a gay slur that begins with F and ends with T
Yeah again there are straight people that are offended by that term it get angry about it. So how did he know you were bi what face do bi people make that everyone else doesn't?

Is someone who hates gay people just that familiar with bisexual face?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom