• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have to wonder if many who support the gop stop to think what they are supporting could end up making america into a version of russia today?

Trump thought he could make a divided America based on Race and Politics to a degree to weaken America, so America would not be able to support any efforts to stop Putin's agenda in Russia and China's aims to take over Taiwan.

• Trump wanted to be over America, like Putin is over Russia, and Kim is over N. Korea and like Xi is over China and wanted to weaken NATO and the UN to try and achieve those objectives.

1. Now, is the time for People of Russia to take down Putin and all his high level supporters and wipe his military clean of Soviet Era Autocratic Officers.
  2. Now, is the time for People of China to take down Xi and all his high level supporters and wipe his military clean of Autocratic Officers.
  3. Now, is the time for People of N. Korea to take down Kim and all his high level supporters and wipe his military clean of Autocratic Officers.
  4. Now, is the time for People of Belarus to take down Lukashenko and all his high level supporters and wipe his military clean of Autocratic Officers.
When the People of these Nations wipe "Autocratic Tyrants Out"...

The other countries that have these type of leaders will know, The Powerful Nations of The World have a NEW GLOBAL IDEOLOGY, and with such a collectively it can push forward to get leaders in countries that don't push Autocratic Tyranny. It's won't be any more East against West, it will be a Global Agreement that will change the nature of what "United Nations" means and how it functions. Instead of NATO, we can have a Global Nation Alliance Treaty Organization.

We will then be on a pathway to build a Peaceful World,

I think with countries like Hungary and their White Supremacist Ideology, is showing the world how much savagery mentality that white supremacy is.
If Hungary was attacked and Nations sent soldier to help them and they have to face the fact that soldier are not "all white only"... and that non whites came to help save their asses, they'd be forced to face a truth of the vile ignorance of their White Nationalist Ideology.
If Ukraine survives this madness, they too will have to rethink their concepts about race. The money that is currently he;ing them is not just money from white people who pay taxes, but from people of all races in each NATO country who pays taxes.

It's crazy that in the middle of this madness that they would "interject racism" when it comes to saving the lives of the people trying to exit Ukraine.

It's showing the world that White People who support Racism is a Pure Evil that should not be tolerate by 'any country of people".

Many the people of Ukraine will have to face the truth and realize the damage and devastation they are suffering is being done by a white skin man, Putin, NOT by any non white skin person or people.

I honestly fear what they will do if they gain control of all three branches of government again with all of their talk about being weak and how america needs to be strong right on down to the street level cops and no more of this woke shit. Nationalism is fine when the japanese attacked pearl harbor, otherwise it looks like thousands of nazi flags celebrating nationalism and the leader.

Which america will we choose? A free america or an america ruled by a strong dictator?
You don't get it! The Constitution Protects the people from the Government and the Nation from the Mob Rule.
The Reps in general are far more likely to follow the Constitution than are the DEM's ! (i.e. the Tea Party, The Congressional Constitution Caucus ect..)

Now to calm your fears, just remember how Obama and the DEM's had a Super Majority back in 2010!
Obama was promising all kinds of Free stuff, and liberal Agenda policies to his Sheep follower.....
What did he/they do while they had a Super Majority and could pass any legislation they wanted???.......
Answer is (Drum roll) ................ NOTHING!...................
A lot of the LIES they Promise to the Greedy Sheep are unconstitutional and would get stopped in court! They know this so they just
manipulate the Sheeple of America with these lies and then just tell the sheep, "The GOP Stopped us" and move on..... It's been working for
decades! The Sheep still have not caught on to the Fact that the DEM's are the Wealthy Elite in DC, yet they still pretend like they are there to help the little guy....

Here's why ALL AMERICANS should only upport people who uphold and follow the US Constitution!

1.Democrats are good at lying their ass off about the opposition. Just like you are right now accusing republicans of supporting dictatorships. ITs more of the usual republicans are racist, republicans are nazis, republicans are this or that or some other untrue thing.

2.Racist lib-tards ostricise and redicule any black person who votes GOP. They call black people "uncle toms", "Oreos" and other racist vile names for voting for republicans.

3.Lib-tards are good using other peoples money to bribe voters with welfare and other similar programs.

Portland and other cities where BLM terrorist were allowed to run amok.
Where's the part where you explain why the gop is ninety five percent white like I asked?

When I voted yesterday, this preposterous notion never even crossed my mind.

What's preposterous are those who would rather vote for someone acts strong, though has the wrong policies, than who is perceived as weak but has the right policies. Obama was called weak by the RW, as is Biden be called week no by the RW. Whereas the RW always talked about how strong Trump was. Obama brought us out of the Great Recession and the economy improved at a rate unsurpassed by Trump. Trump was riding on an Obama economic wave. Biden is repairing the damage Trump did in our relations with the countries that are our greatest allies, as demonstrated in Ukraine. Trump withheld funds to Ukraine for a "favor". Trump moved wealth more to the rich and large corps through the Trump/Rep tax plan. Biden gave stimulus money to those who needed it the most. Obama repaired the Bush1 tax plan that favored the rich and large corps. All the above are facts.

Imagine that, a government that has gained a huge increase in power is unwilling to give it up, and continues the ‘public health emergency’ justified by the COVID fear they’ve sown. Didn’t the politicians of the left declare the uninsured a health care emergency? Is this how they achieving their public policy agenda justified on the back of the waning COVID pandemic?

Biden administration extends public health emergency for Covid-19
Health Secretary Xavier Becerra announced Friday that the government would extend the declaration for the eighth time.​
By Phil McCausland, Jan. 14, 2022​

and:

Partially redacted documents released on Thursday night by the US intelligence community reveal a secret CIA surveillance dragnet that has collected some Americans' data under a program that did not have congressional approval or oversight. Senate Intelligence Committee members Ron Wyden (D-Oregon) and Martin Heinrich (D-New Mexico) sent a letter to the director of national intelligence and CIA director on April 13, 2021, demanding that information about the program be declassified. “Among the many details the public deserves to know are the nature of the CIA's relationship with its sources and the legal framework for the collection,” the senators wrote in their letter.​

The mask mandates were all the politics of control. That they are dropping now is also all politics. That the public health emergency for Covid-19 is extended is again, the politics of control, as is the CIA spying on, i.e. bulk data collection, of Americans.
No you don't
Those who support the GOP have already made up their minds they want a strong Putin style leader. So, they have thought about it to that extent.
There is a tendency towards authoritarianism in part of the GOP, and some on the right have in this forum would - absurdly in my view - compare mandates that come from the left (environmental, consumer laws, political correctness) as the same sort of thing. But what saves us as a country, is our ornery national character. Witness our impatience with mask mandates and other COVID measures. Yes, that people elected Trump, despite his bigoted demagoguery and suggestion of torture and war crimes, could be interpreted as troubling. In addition, the unprecedented “what a relief”-like celebrations of his defeat suggest that many believed we dodged a bullet in 2020, but his election came in significant part as a result of years of Hillary-bashing and the arrogance of some liberals. Nevertheless, I contradict my self by my fear that an authoritarian figure that wasn’t so obviously crooked and bigoted could get our support in the future.

There is a tendency towards authoritarianism in part of the GOP,
Ignoring the authoritarianism from the left, as expected and anticipated.

and some on the right have in this forum would - absurdly in my view - compare mandates that come from the left (environmental, consumer laws, political correctness) as the same sort of thing.
There's a good deal of federal government overreach in these areas. Obama's EPA, for example:

How is it authoritarianism to curb the EPA when they clearly overreach their Constitutionally restricted powers? It's more like playing by the established rules.

But what saves us as a country, is our ornery national character. Witness our impatience with mask mandates and other COVID measures. Yes, that people elected Trump, despite his bigoted demagoguery and suggestion of torture and war crimes, could be interpreted as troubling. In addition, the unprecedented “what a relief”-like celebrations of his defeat suggest that many believed we dodged a bullet in 2020, but his election came in significant part as a result of years of Hillary-bashing and the arrogance of some liberals.
Some 'bullet' the nation dodged :roll.
From the frying pan into the dumpster fire, and some are deluding themselves that it isn't a dumpster fire.

Though I would agree with you about the nation's character on that point.

Nevertheless, I contradict my self by my fear that an authoritarian figure that wasn’t so obviously crooked and bigoted could get our support in the future.

Ignoring the authoritarianism from the left, as expected and anticipated.
Yes, our tyranny involves overreach here and there on the environment, the fascist requirement that someone get a permit. Our most recent GOP president endorsed police brutality, torture and war crimes.
There's a good deal of federal government overreach in these areas. Obama's EPA, for example:

How is it authoritarianism to curb the EPA when they clearly overreach their Constitutionally restricted powers? It's more like playing by the established rules.

Some 'bullet' the nation dodged :roll.
From the frying pan into the dumpster fire, and some are deluding themselves that it isn't a dumpster fire.

Though I would agree with you about the nation's character on that point.
You may be willing to overlook the hatred and bigotry that Trump preached, his obvious crookedness and contempt for the law. I’m not.

If Trump somehow gets elected President again, Putin is going to have a friend in the White House,

CNN reports, "It's not just that Donald Trump recently hailed the "genius" of Putin's strike against Ukraine. Since his political career began, Trump has backed Putin in ways connected directly to the Russian's quest to subjugate that country.

"Putin seized Crimea from Ukraine the following year. Protests in Kyiv had forced a Kremlin ally to quit the presidency. The ousted president, who fled to Russia, had been advised by an American political consultant. That consultant, Paul Manafort, subsequently became Trump's 2016 campaign manager.

"Candidate Trump spoke forgivingly about Russia's violation of Ukrainian sovereignty. He mused about lifting sanctions to smooth relations with Putin."

"The people of Crimea, from what I've heard, would rather be with Russia than where they were," Trump told ABC News in July 2016. That had been Putin's justification for the invasion.

CNN continued, "President Trump sought to undo one punishment imposed on Putin by proposing that Russia rejoin the G7, an organization of the world's major industrial economies.

"His administration implemented some new sanctions on Russia at the insistence of national security officials and Congress. Trump himself objected. In almost every case, the sanctions were imposed with Trump complaining about it and saying we were being too hard," his former national security adviser John Bolton.

"Trump cast doubt on America's decades-old commitment to defending European partners in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization. Aides feared he might try to withdraw from NATO if he won a second term.

"He fomented discord at home, advancing Putin's objective of sapping American resolve. "Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people," his former Defense Secretary James Mattis said in 2020.

"Trump shielded Russia from opprobrium. Echoing Russian propaganda, he led fellow Republicans in smearing Ukraine by falsely suggesting that Kyiv rather than Moscow had interfered in the 2016 US presidential election."

At Helsinki Trump rejected American intelligence and accepted Putin's word that Russia did not interfere in the 2016 election.

Putin isn't to blame for the war in Ukraine, according to Trump. Biden is.

'While we need to help stop this brutal invasion, we also have to clean out the rot of our failed foreign policy establishment -- it is indeed rotten to the core -- before these total lunatics lead us down the path of national ruin and World War III," Trump said at a recent rally in South Carolina.

Yes, our tyranny involves overreach here and there on the environment, the fascist requirement that someone get a permit. Our most recent GOP president endorsed police brutality, torture and war crimes.
So much over blow bullshit, sorry.

You may be willing to overlook the hatred and bigotry that Trump preached, his obvious crookedness and contempt for the law. I’m not.
Yet more. Which crimes has he been convicted, much less indicted on? 0

In fact, the politically motivated NY DA's case has blown up in her own face, exposing that it was nothing more than politically motivated.

Feb 23, 2022The two prosecutors leading the Manhattan district attorney's investigation into former President Donald J. Trump and his business practices abruptly resigned on Wednesday amid a monthlong pause in...​

Ivanka Trump Businesswoman Two New York prosecutors who had been leading a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump's business operations have departed the Manhattan District...​

Feb 23, 2022Carey Dunne and Mark Pomerantz, who have been at the helm of the probe, quit on Wednesday, the person said, less than two months after Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg took office.​

Yet another example of how leftists use and abuse the power of government and the criminal justice system for political ends. It's called tyranny and authoritarian, and well more abuse of government power than the claimed 'requirement that someone get a permit', which is just gaslighting on your part.

Leftists and progressives should never be permitted political power. Period.

So much over blow bullshit, sorry.
++ Fact: Trump suggested that police not be so gentle with suspects (presumably not referring to Manafort et al.) Fact: Trump approved of torture and water boarding and the killing of relatives of terrorists, things the Nazis did to fight resistance terror attacks in occupied Europe, and for which some were hanged after the war. And of course the Japanese were punished for water torture as well.

Yet more. Which crimes has he been convicted, much less indicted on? 0
++ I said he was a crook. Look up Trump U and the Trump Foundation, both put out of business. Trump paid $25 million for the former scheme, and $2 million to various charities for the foundation scam. There also was Trump steaks, too small a grift to make a bigger deal over.
In fact, the politically motivated NY DA's case has blown up in her own face, exposing that it was nothing more than politically motivated.

Feb 23, 2022The two prosecutors leading the Manhattan district attorney's investigation into former President Donald J. Trump and his business practices abruptly resigned on Wednesday amid a monthlong pause in...​

Ivanka Trump Businesswoman Two New York prosecutors who had been leading a criminal investigation into former President Donald Trump's business operations have departed the Manhattan District...​

Feb 23, 2022Carey Dunne and Mark Pomerantz, who have been at the helm of the probe, quit on Wednesday, the person said, less than two months after Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg took office.​

Yet another example of how leftists use and abuse the power of government and the criminal justice system for political ends. It's called tyranny and authoritarian, and well more abuse of government power than the claimed 'requirement that someone get a permit', which is just gaslighting on your part.

Leftists and progressives should never be permitted political power. Period.
++ The fat lady hasn’t sung yet on Trump’s NY case.

++ The fat lady hasn’t sung yet on Trump’s NY case.
Hope propels a man. Keep hoping. But it's a typical leftist, politically motivated nothingburger. 🤷‍♂️

Hope propels a man. Keep hoping. But it's a typical leftist, politically motivated nothingburger. 🤷‍♂️
Trump got nailed for his university and foundation, riduculed for his birtherism. Before that, dinged for housing discrimination. Not nothing burgers. After NY, he has to deal with Georgia. But go ahead, keep backing the crook. Donate money when he is allowed to open a foundation down the road, no doubt to fund another portrait of himself. And when he shoots someone on Fifth Avenue, I am sure he can count on your continued support.

Think of Roger Stone and Nixon. Consider a tattoo. When Trump is restored to office, having proved that 2020 was rigged, that might get you invited to the White House for a Big Mac.

“There’s a sucker born every minute” — PT Barnum (attributed)

The NY DA's politically motived case against Trump will do whatever it will, but I rather doubt that cases which have prosecutors resigning rather than continuing with those cases have a high rate of going to conclusion, much less indictments and convictions. You are free to have hope in your heart, regardless of how improbable. That's all up to you.

Trump got nailed for his university and foundation, riduculed for his birtherism. Before that, dinged for housing discrimination. Not nothing burgers.
Why this diversion to past history than the case in question?

After NY, he has to deal with Georgia.
That case will proceed as it will.

But go ahead, keep backing the crook. Donate money when he is allowed to open a foundation down the road, no doubt to fund another portrait of himself. And when he shoots someone on Fifth Avenue, I am sure he can count on your continued support.
Citing assumed facts not in evidence.

Think of Roger Stone and Nixon. Consider a tattoo. When Trump is restored to office, having proved that 2020 was rigged, that might get you invited to the White House for a Big Mac.
Don't think I'd accept.

“There’s a sucker born every minute” — PT Barnum (attributed)
Self identifying?

The NY DA's politically motived case against Trump will do whatever it will, but I rather doubt that cases which have prosecutors resigning rather than continuing with those cases have a high rate of going to conclusion, much less indictments and convictions. You are free to have hope in your heart, regardless of how improbable. That's all up to you.

Why this diversion to past history than the case in question?

That case will proceed as it will.

Citing assumed facts not in evidence.

Don't think I'd accept.

Self identifying?
I don’t get it. As a liberal, I can understand your support of Trump because he made decisions as president that were according to the conservative playbook. But how can you overlook his appeals to bigotry, his record of crooked dealings, his unwillingness to accept the results of any election that displeases him? Pence, Rubio, or other Republicans would make the same decisions, but without insulting half the country, offering support to dictators, suggesting war crimes and lying anything close to the number of times Trump does.

I don’t get it. As a liberal, I can understand your support of Trump because he made decisions as president that were according to the conservative playbook.
Presidential elections are always a decision between the lesser of two evils.

Hillary was so thoroughly compromised by foreign contributions to their 'Clinton Foundation slush fund' that had she been elected, there would have been a queue of contributors at the back door of the White House demanding presidential favors.

Trump is a flawed human being, yes. He posts mean Tweets. He's bombastic and hyperbolic, and he doesn't express himself in a PC way, but more often than not, he ends up being correct about the point he raised. Just have to take a look at the 'Russian Collusion' hoax and the spying on his campaign and administration that we now know took place.

And yet, the governance in his administration was over all pretty good, at least from the larger policy standpoint, in spite of his personal all too human foibles.

Support him? See the first sentence above and the sentence directly above.

I can separate the man and his foibles from the governance he brought. Can you?

But how can you overlook his appeals to bigotry, his record of crooked dealings, his unwillingness to accept the results of any election that displeases him? Pence, Rubio, or other Republicans would make the same decisions, but without insulting half the country, offering support to dictators, suggesting war crimes and lying anything close to the number of times Trump does.
Just because the main stream media is protecting Biden and his administration, example Hunter's laptop reporting suppression, doesn't mean Biden and his administration doesn't lie, they lie all the time, just that the media doesn't 'count' them like they do with non-Democrat presidents and administrations.

Looking forward to 2024, I sure hope that Trump decides not to run. I'd rather he step aside and let another GOP political leader run for president.

If he does, then we are back to sentence #1.

Trump thought he could make a divided America based on Race and Politics to a degree to weaken America, so America would not be able to support any efforts to stop Putin's agenda in Russia and China's aims to take over Taiwan.

• Trump wanted to be over America, like Putin is over Russia, and Kim is over N. Korea and like Xi is over China and wanted to weaken NATO and the UN to try and achieve those objectives.

1. Now, is the time for People of Russia to take down Putin and all his high level supporters and wipe his military clean of Soviet Era Autocratic Officers.
  2. Now, is the time for People of China to take down Xi and all his high level supporters and wipe his military clean of Autocratic Officers.
  3. Now, is the time for People of N. Korea to take down Kim and all his high level supporters and wipe his military clean of Autocratic Officers.
  4. Now, is the time for People of Belarus to take down Lukashenko and all his high level supporters and wipe his military clean of Autocratic Officers.
When the People of these Nations wipe "Autocratic Tyrants Out"...

The other countries that have these type of leaders will know, The Powerful Nations of The World have a NEW GLOBAL IDEOLOGY, and with such a collectively it can push forward to get leaders in countries that don't push Autocratic Tyranny. It's won't be any more East against West, it will be a Global Agreement that will change the nature of what "United Nations" means and how it functions. Instead of NATO, we can have a Global Nation Alliance Treaty Organization.

We will then be on a pathway to build a Peaceful World,
Trumplicans dont think

Presidential elections are always a decision between the lesser of two evils.

Hillary was so thoroughly compromised by foreign contributions to their 'Clinton Foundation slush fund' that had she been elected, there would have been a queue of contributors at the back door of the White House demanding presidential favors.

Trump is a flawed human being, yes. He posts mean Tweets. He's bombastic and hyperbolic, and he doesn't express himself in a PC way, but more often than not, he ends up being correct about the point he raised. Just have to take a look at the 'Russian Collusion' hoax and the spying on his campaign and administration that we now know took place.

And yet, the governance in his administration was over all pretty good, at least from the larger policy standpoint, in spite of his personal all too human foibles.

Support him? See the first sentence above and the sentence directly above.

I can separate the man and his foibles from the governance he brought. Can you?

Just because the main stream media is protecting Biden and his administration, example Hunter's laptop reporting suppression, doesn't mean Biden and his administration doesn't lie, they lie all the time, just that the media doesn't 'count' them like they do with non-Democrat presidents and administrations.

Looking forward to 2024, I sure hope that Trump decides not to run. I'd rather he step aside and let another GOP political leader run for president.

If he does, then we are back to sentence #1.
Here is the bottom line for me and Trump. He persisted in insulting my immigrant relatives and black and Muslim friends, which disqualifies him for the role of leader of a country as diverse as ours. That he has offered support for war crimes, police brutality and torture increases his ineligibility. Secondly, among his first actions upon coming to office were to remove the requirement that worker safety, i.e., the number of deaths and injuries on the job, be *considered* when granting government contracts, and he legalized use of a pesticide that causes birth defects which was withdrawn for study. As they used to say about appeals to racism by southern politicians, Trump's "Make America Hate Again" rhetoric was a distraction while he picked working people's pockets.

Here is the bottom line for me and Trump. He persisted in insulting my immigrant relatives and black and Muslim friends, which disqualifies him for the role of leader of a country as diverse as ours. That he has offered support for war crimes, police brutality and torture increases his ineligibility. Secondly, among his first actions upon coming to office were to remove the requirement that worker safety, i.e., the number of deaths and injuries on the job, be *considered* when granting government contracts, and he legalized use of a pesticide that causes birth defects which was withdrawn for study. As they used to say about appeals to racism by southern politicians, Trump's "Make America Hate Again" rhetoric was a distraction while he picked working people's pockets.
I have no doubt that you believe these things to be true, or have been told that these things are true by the politically biased media.
🤷‍♂️
Have you ever considered the second 1/2 of the story? The one that comes out some 48 to 72 hours after the initial reports?

The politically biased 'news' (DNC political propaganda arm and political activism branch) media has been often proven either out right wrong, or been shown to have mischaracterized, miss quoted, or taken out of context in those follow up reports those hours later.

Example of this abound, but consider where the 'Russian Collusion' hoax and Hunter's laptop being 'Russian disinformation' reporting ended up.

I have no doubt that you believe these things to be true, or have been told that these things are true by the politically biased media.
🤷‍♂️
Have you ever considered the second 1/2 of the story? The one that comes out some 48 to 72 hours after the initial reports?

The politically biased 'news' (DNC political propaganda arm and political activism branch) media has been often proven either out right wrong, or been shown to have mischaracterized, miss quoted, or taken out of context in those follow up reports those hours later.

Example of this abound, but consider where the 'Russian Collusion' hoax and Hunter's laptop being 'Russian disinformation' reporting ended up.
Here's the second half of the story you made reference to, a report from the politically biased media for your review. It includes news about Trump's EPA permitting chlorpyrifos, and Biden's banning it. Below that is the story on worker safety. Again, in the latter instance, the only obligation was to *consider* a firms' safety record.

But really, do you believe that Trump is the sort to care about worker safety?

Here's the second half of the story you made reference to, a report from the politically biased media for your review.
So nothing in response to the 'Russian Collusion' hoax and Hunter's laptop being 'Russian disinformation'?
Why am I not surprised?
You don't get to change the subject because you don't like the answer you'd have to give.

How about this other bit of 'Russian Collusion'?

You look at the precarious nation security position that climate activists have forced nations into, with questionable funding sources, you wonder about it, especially considering that the cleanest and most environmentally friendly petroleum is what the US pumps. Doesn't environmental pollution, i.e. climate change count when it's not in the US?

It includes news about Trump's EPA permitting chlorpyrifos, and Biden's banning it. Below that is the story on worker safety. Again, in the latter instance, the only obligation was to *consider* a firms' safety record.

But really, do you believe that Trump is the sort to care about worker safety?
Why all of a sudden diversion to a new topic? Do please answer the question posed:

What is your response to the 'Russian Collusion' hoax and Hunter's laptop being 'Russian disinformation'?

Meh. Balance in everything.

Last edited:
So nothing in response to the 'Russian Collusion' hoax and Hunter's laptop being 'Russian disinformation'?
Why am I not surprised?
You don't get to change the subject because you don't like the answer you'd have to give.

How about this other bit of 'Russian Collusion'?

You look at the precarious nation security position that climate activists have forced nations into, with questionable funding sources, you wonder about it, especially considering that the cleanest and most environmentally friendly petroleum is what the US pumps. Doesn't environmental pollution, i.e. climate change count when it's not in the US?

Why all of a sudden diversion to a new topic? Do please answer the question posed:

What is your response to the 'Russian Collusion' hoax and Hunter's laptop being 'Russian disinformation'?

Meh. Balance in everything.
My response to the Russian collusion “hoax” is that there were very good reasons for the investigation. It was of a republican by a republican appointed by Republicans. Trump had a record of shady dealings before coming to office (his University and Foundation), Trump obstructed the investigation on several occasions, and Mueller did not clear him, saying that specifically. In addition, Trump showed no concern at all at Russia’s involvement in our election. Still doesn’t. And if Hunter Biden broke the law, I hope he is prosecuted. I imagine you feel the same about Trump.

My response to the Russian collusion “hoax” is that there were very good reasons for the investigation. It was of a republican by a republican appointed by Republicans.
Obama's politicized FBI and politicized intel agencies were wielded as political weapons, and it wasn't the first time for Obama to have done this during his administration.
From it's onset to the it's conclusion, the FBI's behavior has established a track record of lack of sufficient predicate, improper conduct, altering evidence, investigative abuse, malpractice, and malfeasance.

Your trying to whitewash that away with 'republican by a republican appointed by Republicans' is a sad joke, apparently driven by the political affiliations of those on the receiving end of that treatment.

Imagine a US where your political affiliations determine your treatment by law enforcement. I can almost hear you cackling with glee, just as long as those you politically disagree with are on the receiving end of that stern treatment.

Now imagine a US where your political affiliations determine your treatment by law enforcement, and are not aligned with your political affiliations.

It was an orchestrated and malevolent hindering of a legally and legitimately elected president and his administration, and prior to that administration, a spying on an opposition presidential political campaign. This is dangerous banana republic stuff here, used to vast powers of the state against political opponents.

Trump had a record of shady dealings before coming to office (his University and Foundation), Trump obstructed the investigation on several occasions,
Casting about the unproven obstruction accusation? I don't believe that there were ever any charges filed on this, so I'd chalk it right up there with the NYC DA's politically motivated charges.

and Mueller did not clear him, saying that specifically.
It wasn't within Mueller's role to 'clear' or exonerate anyone. Since when does a prosecutor ever exonerate anyone he's investigated? Doesn't happen. What if some evidence later turns up which would justify re-opening the investigation and possibly filing charges? Once a prosecutor exonerates someone, far harder to go back on that.

This isn't any pro-Trump or anti-Trump thing, this is how the US legal system works thing.

In addition, Trump showed no concern at all at Russia’s involvement in our election. Still doesn’t. And if Hunter Biden broke the law, I hope he is prosecuted. I imagine you feel the same about Trump.
The Russians have been meddling in US elections since before the Cold War, all they did different this time was the tools they used, in this case it was social media, and it has not yet even been proven that this meddling had any effect.

If you are really worried about Russian meddling, I think you should be concerned about this Russian meddling:

Want to see *actual* collusion? Michael Shellenberger details how Russia’s collaboration with climate activists has helped fuel the global energy crisis
March 3, 2022 by Sarah D.

Especially given the national security and weak foreign policy implications the importation of energy places the nation. Far better to the energy independent. Oh wait. We had that for awhile, but no longer.

At least someone is paying attention:

House GOP demands investigation into alleged Russian influence in US environmental groups
"Unlike the Russia hoax, Putin's malign influence on our energy sector is real and deserves further investigation," Jim Banks said.​

I honestly fear what they will do if they gain control of all three branches of government again with all of their talk about being weak and how america needs to be strong right on down to the street level cops and no more of this woke shit. Nationalism is fine when the japanese attacked pearl harbor, otherwise it looks like thousands of nazi flags celebrating nationalism and the leader.

Which america will we choose? A free america or an america ruled by a strong dictator?

Unfortunately, this is not a difficult decision for supporters of the Republican Traitor Party.

They want this country to be like Russia...only worse, with a much more dangerous military than Russia's.

The irony, imo, is that those who vote for the republican party hoping they'll see their ultra conservative values implemented think that they will be immune to the loss of freedom under a fascist regime. Once the minorities are gone and christianity is declared the national religion the people who voted in the fascists will be the ones who are left to suppress. Duh.

Back
Top Bottom