• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I have to wonder if many who support the gop stop to think what they are supporting could end up making america into a version of russia today?

These are baseless and false politically motivated political push narratives, in the hopes that if they are repeated often enough they'll become the accepted truths.
They neither truthful nor accurate.

Quote from the "talking points" that were "...neither truthful nor accurate." and, based on what evidence you can give, why?

Quote from the "talking points" that were "...neither truthful nor accurate." and, based on what evidence you can give, why?
Those political motivated push narratives have already been debunked multiple times in these very forums and elsewhere.
I suspect that this debunking has already been presented to you previously, as they have to many other from the left, yet only to be continued to be rejected, as their acceptance are articles of leftist religious zealotry. 🤷‍♂️

These are baseless and false politically motivated political push narratives, in the hopes that if they are repeated often enough they'll become the accepted truths.
They neither truthful nor accurate.
How many laws restricting voting has the GOP, and only the GOP, pushed in the last couple of years? How often have republicans said they do better when fewer people vote?

Your reading of the citation is inaccurate.
All the Intel agencies say the Russians meddled in the election. Russians have been meddling in US election since before the onset of the Cold War, and have only recently changed their tools to include social media.

Your conclusion that 'wouldn’t have won but for Russian interference' is not in that citation. Try again.

To deny that there weren't irregularities in the 2020 election is not a position based on the facts, because there certainly were irregularities leading up to the election, and post election.

For example:
There were a number of states which changed voting laws and voting regulations by other than the State legislatures, which, per the constitution, are the only ones authorized to change a state's voting laws and regulations.
  • What would you expect an advocate of mail-in balloting to say? Other than ‘if you did it my way everything would be solved, and better’.
  • In Kentucky Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear, Republican Secretary of State Michael Adams and the nonpartisan State Board of Elections came to an agreement earlier this year to eliminate the excuse requirement for mail-in ballots and expand in-person early voting. – Not the State legislature?
  • Secretaries of state from both parties in Ohio and Michigan took unilateral action to help make the voting process easier during this election. – Not the State legislature?
  • Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin -- judges have recently issued rulings that extend the deadline for mail ballots to be received. – Not the State legislature?
  • In Georgia, a federal judge ruled that ballots postmarked by Election Day will count if election officials get them by the third day after the election, but the secretary of state, the Republican National Committee and the Georgia Republican Party are challenging this order in court. – Not the State legislature?
Here's how states have changed the rules around voting amid the coronavirus pandemic
Nine states plus D.C. will send mail-in ballots to active registered voters.
By Quinn Scanlan, September 22, 2020

So to deny that there weren't unprecedented irregularities in the 2020 election is not a position based on the facts,
Key phrase above is "amid the Coronavirus pandemic." That was the chief "unprecedented irregularity." Of course the "precedented irregularity" was sore loser Trump once again claiming that an election that displeased him was rigged.

I am still waiting for so,some who participated in the crime of the century to come forward to sell their story and explain who recruited him/her and how they pulled it off with no one but Trump and a few contributers here noticing. Trump hasn't offered proof, can any of his followers?

How many laws restricting voting has the GOP, and only the GOP, pushed in the last couple of years? How often have republicans said they do better when fewer people vote?
If you are making the claim that there's voter suppression going on, do please cite something which proves this, and brings forth a voter which has been suppressed.

The state legislatures which have been making changes to their states election laws and regulations are with their full rights and constitutional obligations in doing so, and are addressing the issues which have shown themselves during the 2020 election.

Key phrase above is "amid the Coronavirus pandemic." That was the chief "unprecedented irregularity."
Because of the pandemic the laws and constitution surrounding the authorized changing of a state's election laws and regulations are null and void?
I think you need to re-think that.
Had the state legislatures made those changes there'd be no argument, but it has been clearly cited to you which unauthorized people changes those election laws and regulations, and still, you stand on 'because of COVID' argument?

Did COVID eliminate other laws too? Like maybe murder, arson, armed robbery? No? Then why should it be the reason to change election laws and regulations?

Of course the "precedented irregularity" was sore loser Trump once again claiming that an election that displeased him was rigged.

I am still waiting for so,some who participated in the crime of the century to come forward to sell their story and explain who recruited him/her and how they pulled it off with no one but Trump and a few contributers here noticing. Trump hasn't offered proof, can any of his followers?

There is a tendency towards authoritarianism in part of the GOP, and some on the right have in this forum would - absurdly in my view - compare mandates that come from the left (environmental, consumer laws, political correctness) as the same sort of thing. But what saves us as a country, is our ornery national character. Witness our impatience with mask mandates and other COVID measures. Yes, that people elected Trump, despite his bigoted demagoguery and suggestion of torture and war crimes, could be interpreted as troubling. In addition, the unprecedented “what a relief”-like celebrations of his defeat suggest that many believed we dodged a bullet in 2020, but his election came in significant part as a result of years of Hillary-bashing and the arrogance of some liberals. Nevertheless, I contradict my self by my fear that an authoritarian figure that wasn’t so obviously crooked and bigoted could get our support in the future.

It's the bigoted that get the necessary support from the bigoted to be in an authoritarian position. They will have to speak in bigot language to get that support, so it will be obvious.

Those political motivated push narratives have already been debunked multiple times in these very forums and elsewhere.
I suspect that this debunking has already been presented to you previously, as they have to many other from the left, yet only to be continued to be rejected, as their acceptance are articles of leftist religious zealotry. 🤷‍♂️

I haven't seen any debunking/refutation of the "points" in question. Your suspicion is unfounded. You didn't answer the question. If you'll do the debate courtesy of providing the evidence of what you say, it will be most appreciated.

I haven't seen any debunking/refutation of the "points" in question. Your suspicion is unfounded. You didn't answer the question. If you'll do the debate courtesy of providing the evidence of what you say, it will be most appreciated.
The thread topic is: "I have to wonder if many who support the gop stop to think what they are supporting could end up making america into a version of russia today?"

This is just so much political driven corrosive BS hyperbole, and doesn't require this 'debunking / refutation' you believe you are entitled to.

It's the bigoted that get the necessary support from the bigoted to be in an authoritarian position. They will have to speak in bigot language to get that support, so it will be obvious.

Without authority, there is the freedom of the jungle: the rule of the strong over the week. That’s fine when you’re in a position of power. But if you ever find yourself in a society where you are not, you may not find that that kind of freedom is not that great. You have no recourse or appeal.

I'm going to choose the America that knows how to capitalize and does not write run-on sentences.
yo semite!!!!

that's a good choice americans are generally stupid they write could of and should of really really dumb people all trump voters don't be a fool i'll call you later covegevegevr

Without authority, there is the freedom of the jungle: the rule of the strong over the week. That’s fine when you’re in a position of power. But if you ever find yourself in a society where you are not, you may not find that that kind of freedom is not that great. You have no recourse or appeal.

The Reps are waging total war on the Dems. The Dems are playing fair in the jungle, not using the recourse option of a machete to get through the dense obstruction of the Reps.

Actually, the censorship that the Democrats seem fine with that our big tech companies are doing is closer to Russia than anything that the Republicans are currently doing.

Actually, the censorship that the Democrats seem fine with that our big tech companies are doing is closer to Russia than anything that the Republicans are currently doing.

What is it the Dems are doing more than the Rep/cons and exactly what is the censorship?

What is it the Dems are doing more than the Rep/cons and exactly what is the censorship?

Playing dumb doesn't make a good start to your case. It has been widely understood that big tech has been censoring issues against conservatives. Covid "misinformation" being one large example, Hunter Biden's laptop being another. Any true liberal would be screaming about this censorship, even if it was happening to your enemies.

The thread topic is: "I have to wonder if many who support the gop stop to think what they are supporting could end up making america into a version of russia today?"

This is just so much political driven corrosive BS hyperbole, and doesn't require this 'debunking / refutation' you believe you are entitled to.

You refused to answer a fairly asked debate question. See you on another thread.

Yes, because a government that advocates the latest recommendations of doctors and scientists in a deadly pandemic is worse than one which calls the press "the enemy of the people", focuses on taking away people's access to vote, and incites insurrection and undermines American democracy every time it loses an election. :rolleyes:

Can always count on your parroting the left's baseless and false talking points. :rolleyes:

You refused to answer a fairly asked debate question. See you on another thread.
How can the claim of 'focuses on taking away people's access to vote' disputed by:

record-high-turnout-in-2020-general-election-figure-2.jpg

'taking away people's access to vote' is contradictory to the increasing number of voter turn out, including minority voter turn out.

Baseless and false talking points debunked.

Baseless and false talking points debunked.

Not at all. Your graph is showing no evidence of fraud-consistent with all other studies.

So what possible other purpose is there to all this torrent of new laws?

Not at all. Your graph is showing no evidence of fraud-consistent with all other studies.
Try reading my post again as to what point of yours I was addressing, then get back to me.
So what possible other purpose is there to all this torrent of new laws?
The 'torrent' of new voting regulation and regulations were to address the issues experienced in the 2020 election cycle.
For example, but not limited to:
And also people and state executive branch offices changing election laws and regulation who were not authorized to change them, as this reserved for the state legislatures.
  • A judge in the key battleground state of Wisconsin ruled Thursday that ballot drop boxes and ballot harvesting violate state law and cannot be used in the upcoming midterm elections.
  • Waukesha County Circuit Court Judge Michael Bohren determined “there is no statutory authority” to allow for either practice, which became highly controversial in Wisconsin following the state’s razor-thin outcome in the 2020 presidential election. President Joe Biden defeated former President Donald Trump in the state by approximately 20,000 votes.
Wisconsin Judge Bans Ballot Drop Boxes, Says Election Officials Broke The Law
The Wisconsin legislature has launched a special counsel investigation into the 2020 election in which officials say numerous laws were broken.
BY: DAN O'DONNELL, JANUARY 17, 2022
https://thefederalist.com/2022/01/1...-boxes-says-election-officials-broke-the-law/

and also:
  • In Kentucky Democratic Gov. Andy Beshear, Republican Secretary of State Michael Adams and the nonpartisan State Board of Elections came to an agreement earlier this year to eliminate the excuse requirement for mail-in ballots and expand in-person early voting. – Not the State legislature?
  • Secretaries of state from both parties in Ohio and Michigan took unilateral action to help make the voting process easier during this election. – Not the State legislature?
  • Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin -- judges have recently issued rulings that extend the deadline for mail ballots to be received. – Not the State legislature?
  • In Georgia, a federal judge ruled that ballots postmarked by Election Day will count if election officials get them by the third day after the election, but the secretary of state, the Republican National Committee and the Georgia Republican Party are challenging this order in court. – Not the State legislature?
Here's how states have changed the rules around voting amid the coronavirus pandemic
Nine states plus D.C. will send mail-in ballots to active registered voters.​
By Quinn Scanlan, September 22, 2020​

Contrary to the absolute bullshit political narrative pushed liberals / progressives / Democrats that it's 'Jim Crow 2.0'.

My God! How often does this lie need to be dispelled and debunked?
It's that much of an ingrained and unquestioned article of 'faith' to the liberals / progressives / Democrats?

Playing dumb doesn't make a good start to your case. It has been widely understood that big tech has been censoring issues against conservatives. Covid "misinformation" being one large example, Hunter Biden's laptop being another. Any true liberal would be screaming about this censorship, even if it was happening to your enemies.

I certainly would not accuse you of playing smart.

What you say as being widely understood is so amongst the rabid right Trump cult.

What COVID misinformation? That vaccine works? Please specify.

Hunter’s laptop what? What a load. Nothing solid. Our IS believes it has all the markings of Russian setup of Biden:

Hunter Biden laptop controversy - Wikipedia

You can’t show that the Dems are doing more than the Rep/cons, which was my question, regardless of the “screaming”.

Back
Top Bottom