• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am so tired of the fat acceptance movement and people trying to force the world to accommodate people that have no discipline and have lost control.

The snacking doesn't work because people overdo it. They end up eating 6 meals a day. If you do it correctly it can work well because it keeps your metabolism active which makes your body burn more calories naturally. That diet strategy is not responsible for the obesity epidemic. You get fat when you take in more calories than you burn off. It's impossible to have a calorie deficit and not lose weight. The body can not maintain or store new fat when your body is getting less calories than it uses.

What you just wrote is something I used to believe. We are smarter now as a society, so if I were you, I'd brush up on new knowledge. Start with anything Jason Fung. What he says makes a whole lot of sense. Most of all, his theory is backed-up by actual science and case studies. Studies on humans, not animals. Calories in and calories out is a dated theory that does not account for the most important facet -- your basal metabolism. If you're actually keen on learning and not set on what knowledge you know now, then I just dare you to watch this. Open your mind, Dex.

Exactly. A perfectly healthy woman has 15% more body fat than a perfectly healthy man.

And that doesn't make her fat. The fact that women naturally have 15% more fat does not make them more prone to obesity,

And that doesn't make her fat. The fact that women naturally have 15% more fat does not make them more prone to obesity,

Yes, exactly. But it's also realistic to not expect her to have the same leanness as a healthy man. A typical healthy women has hips and a bit of a belly.

What you just wrote is something I used to believe. We are smarter now as a society, so if I were you, I'd brush up on new knowledge. Start with anything Jason Fung. What he says makes a whole lot of sense. Most of all, his theory is backed-up by actual science and case studies. Studies on humans, not animals. Calories in and calories out is a dated theory that does not account for the most important facet -- your basal metabolism. If you're actually keen on learning and not set on what knowledge you know now, then I just dare you to watch this. Open your mind, Dex.

I understand that there are ways you can play with your metabolism to get your body to absorb and burn food faster. That changes the nature of your calories in and calories out strategy. It potentially allows you to eat more and still lose weight. None of that changes that your body must be at a calorie deficit to lose weight. It doesn't change the fact that if you are at a calorie deficit you will lose weight. All it changes is the amount you can eat to still be at the deficit so you can lose weight.

It's good to eat at healthy intervals and absorb good calories, but the fact of the matter is even if you ate bad food in crazy intervals you would still lose weight if you ate small enough portions to be at a calorie deficit.

Last edited:
If you're fat the world doesn't exist to accommodate you. Get your shit together. Also stop polluting the minds of young people by making them think it's cool to accept being extremely fat and unhealthy.
Gee, a new fake movement invented by the Order of Perpetual Dyspepsia so they won't have any carp-free minutes in their pointless day. The idea is to quit with the shaming of obesity. Otherwise, it's just made harder for these people.

Yes, exactly. But it's also realistic to not expect her to have the same leanness as a healthy man. A typical healthy women has hips and a bit of a belly.

If a woman has a belly she could probably lose a few pounds to be in more optimal shape. How many female athletes do you see with a belly?

That being said many women still look great even with a few extra pounds. Being just slightly overweight isn't that big of a deal health-wise for either sex I think.

Last edited:
Gee, a new fake movement invented by the Order of Perpetual Dyspepsia so they won't have any carp-free minutes in their pointless day. The idea is to quit with the shaming of obesity. Otherwise, it's just made harder for these people.

You might be a little out of touch with younger people. More and more people are getting louder and louder about normalizing obesity.

I understand that there are ways you can play with your metabolism to get your body to absorb and burn food faster.

There aren't "ways." There's only one way and that's to take in few calories than you're expending. And there are only two options for that: either using exercise to "burn" off more than is being consumed or consuming fewer calories than needed for the BMR (basal metabolism rate). It's part of a law of physics known as the "conservation of energy."

There aren't "ways." There's only one way and that's to take in few calories than you're expending. And there are only two options for that: either using exercise to "burn" off more than is being consume or consuming fewer calories than needed for the BMR (basal metabolism rate). It's part of a law of physics known as the "conservation of energy."

Thanks. (y)

You might be a little out of touch with younger people. More and more people are getting louder and louder about normalizing obesity.
If you're referring to people who are working against being shamed then bully for them. Your method will not only not work but just make it all worse.

If you're referring to people who are working against being shamed then bully for them. Your method will not only not work but just make it all worse.

Normalizing obesity is not the same as not shaming obesity.

We have a very fat President who has a very fat Attorney General. What shall we do about them?
Along with the Sec. of State. But I don't think the Cult would be eager hot to shame them. They already cheat, lie, corrupt and steal and that suits the cult just dandy.

It’s not about any one individual per se, I used Trump’s obesity and greasy food habits as an example of what we as a nation accept as the image of a Captain of Industry Alpha. If that visual is what accompanies that description, that would probably account for why our country more closesly resembles someone who looks like Donald Trump than not.

If we accept that an obese man is the standard, then I’m not sure what you’re struggling with as to why we have a fat country.

I'm all about not electing fat people because it's an obvious sign of a lack of discipline. Good looking selling that to the masses though. They'll call you all kinds of nasty names.

Why do you care if someone is fat?

Mind your own business
It is a massive (no pun intended--really) national health problem. But it's easier to ridicule than address it. The vast majority of obese people don't want to be obese but anyone whose tried to lose just 10% of their wait knows how difficult it is. The by-pass option has even failed miserably (see: Chris Christie). If we really had a health care system this could be addressed methodically, carefully and rationally. But we can't have nice things like that.

I'm all about not electing fat people because it's an obvious sign of a lack of discipline. Good looking selling that to the masses though. They'll call you all kinds of nasty names.
Well, it's almost as if you're asking for those names.

It is a massive (no pun intended--really) national health problem. But it's easier to ridicule than address it. The vast majority of obese people don't want to be obese but anyone whose tried to lose just 10% of their wait knows how difficult it is. The by-pass option has even failed miserably (see: Chris Christie). If we really had a health care system this could be addressed methodically, carefully and rationally. But we can't have nice things like that.

Losing weight is not difficult unless you severely lack discipline.

Back
Top Bottom