• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am going to keep a close eye on this.

Where did I ever say it's hard to be a white guy? Where did I even imply it? Your take on this thread is interesting to me. You used the old mans death to dump on whit "man" and to dump on me, you have issues.

Your posts pretty clearly expresses that sentiment. I am not using his death for anything. I am talking to you about your twist on this story and your fears about it not being appropriately represented in the media. Tell me. What does it mean to you if you are correct. What does it mean if it does not get the coverage you think it should?

...just for laughs?

Gruesome.

Luckily, we have an alternative to the above: the criminal justice system.

Although the use of the word "justice" is questionable.

What was the social issue in the Zim case that is not there in this brutal Spokane murder?

Zimmerman had no good reason to tail and pursue Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman was only charged with murder after over a month's worth of protest.

Two off the top of my head.

Edit: Third, Martin was portrayed online as some sort of thug or drug fiend in a lame attempt to justify his murder.

In essence, the Zimmerman case was actually about the larger issue of how white america perceived and behaved towards young black males.

Last edited:
Your posts pretty clearly expresses that sentiment. I am not using his death for anything. I am talking to you about your twist on this story and your fears about it not being appropriately represented in the media. Tell me. What does it mean to you if you are correct. What does it mean if it does not get the coverage you think it should?

It means our media has become so corrupted with a certain political agenda that we are in a lot of trouble because so many are so gullible.

and you could not answer the question posed, one way or the other.
Yes you said exactly that in post 47. How quickly they forget.

"Was there evidence Z did not kill T over race? ."

especially since the media is all one way
It means our media has become so corrupted with a certain political agenda that we are in a lot of trouble because so many are so gullible.

Nothing that is posted on this website matters so I post things sometimes to evoke a reaction. The bottom line is that since Obama has been President there is more racial divide that I have seen since I was a kid. And I went through the Detroit riot of 1967.

actually the reality is, since his election the people that never had a problem with race, black and white are equal or closer.
The ones that were always racist bigots (no matter their own color) are worse because they are scared, just have bigger and louder mouths but their numbers havent changed. They realize how dumb they are and that the country is getting smarter then them.

the fact is Obama got himself elected twice by his ability to bring races together :shrug:

this doesnt mean we all like him and his policies but it is how he got elected

Zimmerman had no good reason to tail and pursue Trayvon Martin, Zimmerman was only charged with murder after over a month's worth of protest.

Edit: Third, Martin was portrayed online as some sort of thug or drug fiend in a lame attempt to justify his murder.

In essence, the Zimmerman case was actually about the larger issue of how white america perceived and portrayed young black males.

So then this case could just be the mirror image. It could be about why young black males have such hatred for old white men. I'm not saying that is what happened, it may have been just another brutal senseless mugging but by your logic in the Zim case that is where we should immediately go in this case and where the media immediately went in the Zim case.

-------------------
Not true.
Neosteve CAN post whatever he wants.....for a very short while.
Say "goodnight", Steve.

goodnight steve

Used his tragic death to mock me, mock by association.:lol:

nope actually you were using the mans death to push an opinion you have and he mocked you for it

he never mocked the man not even by association

actually the reality is, since his election the people that never had a problem with race, black and white are equal or closer.
The ones that were always racist bigots (no matter their own color) are worse because they are scared, just have bigger and louder mouths but their numbers havent changed. They realize how dumb they are and that the country is getting smarter then them.

the fact is Obama got himself elected twice by his ability to bring races together :shrug:

A bit off subject but Obama didn't get elected by bringing races together. Even I was tempted to vote for him just because he was black and I thought it would be a good thing for America too have a black pres, in the end though I couldn't stomach his policies. It wasn't Obama that brought the races together in the polls, it was strictly his color, it could have been any black man.

You do realize that there very loud conservative media voices out there don't you. It's also my understanding that conservatives own about 90% of electronic media sources. What evidence do you have that there is any bias.

Also, your post really misrepresents your intentions if that is what your point was.

Witnesses described the suspects as 16 to 18-year-old African American males of average build, according to authorities.
The 88-year-old victim, Delbert "Shorty" Belton, had been taken to the Intensive Care Unit after the assault at the Eagles Ice-A-Rena at Francis near Lidgerwood around 8:15 p.m. Officials said they found him with serious head injuries. He died Thursday morning at a local hospital.

Shhhhhh.... didn't you get the memo from Lord Sharpton, these sorts of stories are not supposed to be spread around.

Yes, I did mean responsible.

You are not being very clear and that is giving me the impression you are trying to provoke a pointless brawl. I'm really not interested. If you would like to give me a little more information about what exactly you are trying to say....got for it.

I have been a bigot and a racist and I have been a victim of racism and bigotry. And if for one second you don't think that white people can be victims of racism then I suggest a rectal cranial inversion. Have you ever been surrounded by a gang of people of the opposite race and beaten and spit upon? By opposite race I mean white or black. Have you ever called a person of the opposite race a nigger or a honky just because it would get a laugh out of your peer group? If you have, you just might be a racist. Since the break down in America of the family unit we have gone deeper into the hole. Girls who are raised without a male figure in their lives and boys who are raised with the idea that it is okay to be the baby daddy. Children don't need a baby daddy they need a father who loves them and protects them. I apologize for being rude in my previous comments but like I mentioned earlier it has been a very bad day and unfortunately I some times deal with grief by partaking in a beer or two. In this case maybe a beer or six. I offer my apology to all those I have offended.

You do realize that there very loud conservative media voices out there don't you. It's also my understanding that conservatives own about 90% of electronic media sources. What evidence do you have that there is any bias.

Also, your post really misrepresents your intentions if that is what your point was.

Fine, tell me when you hear about this on the nightly news of the big 3. Tell me when it gets 1% of the coverage the Zim thing got.

So then this case could just be the mirror image. It could be about why young black males have such hatred for old white men.

Evidenced by...?

I'm not saying that is what happened, it may have been just another brutal senseless mugging but by your logic in the Zim case that is where we should immediately go in this case and where the media immediately went in the Zim case.

Well, no. I gave you concrete happenings regarding the Zimmerman trial. He was not even charged with Trayvon's death until enough of an uproar was raised.

This is different from the case you've presented, where you've shown... no evidence to suggest this behavior was racially motivated.

By the way, racial motivation isn't the only thing that could make this newsworthy. However, you specifically cited the race of the actors involved as a way of highlighting what you thought was unfair conduct of the media. You haven't, however, been able to provide one shred of evidence that a white-on-black killing is in itself newsworthy in the media's eyes while the opposite is explicitly untrue for black-on-white killings, nor have you been able to provide evidence of racial animus as a motivation for the killings.

In essence, the Zimmerman case was actually about the larger issue of how white america perceived and behaved towards young black males.

well said.

I have been a bigot and a racist and I have been a victim of racism and bigotry. And if for one second you don't think that white people can be victims of racism then I suggest a rectal cranial inversion. Have you ever been surrounded by a gang of people of the opposite race and beaten and spit upon? By opposite race I mean white or black. Have you ever called a person of the opposite race a nigger or a honky just because it would get a laugh out of your peer group? If you have, you just might be a racist. Since the break down in America of the family unit we have gone deeper into the hole. Girls who are raised without a male figure in their lives and boys who are raised with the idea that it is okay to be the baby daddy. Children don't need a baby daddy they need a father who loves them and protects them. I apologize for being rude in my previous comments but like I mentioned earlier it has been a very bad day and unfortunately I some times deal with grief by partaking in a beer or two. In this case maybe a beer or six. I offer my apology to all those I have offended.

Beer can do that especially after a day like you had. Fresh start.:)

Evidenced by...?

Well, no. I gave you concrete happenings regarding the Zimmerman trial. He was not even charged with Trayvon's death until enough of an uproar was raised.

This is different from the case you've presented, where you've shown... no evidence to suggest this behavior was racially motivated.

By the way, racial motivation isn't the only thing that could make this newsworthy. However, you specifically cited the race of the actors involved as a way of highlighting what you thought was unfair conduct of the media. You haven't, however, been able to provide one shred of evidence that a white-on-black killing is in itself newsworthy in the media's eyes while the opposite is explicitly untrue for black-on-white killings, nor have you been able to provide evidence of racial animus as a motivation for the killings.

What was the evidence the Zim shooting was racially motivated again? Oh yeah, there wasn't any! Unless of course you mean the audio of the 9-11 call NBC doctored.

1.)A bit off subject but Obama didn't get elected by bringing races together. Even I was tempted to vote for him just because he was black and I thought it would be a good thing for America too have a black pres, in the end though I couldn't stomach his policies.
2.)It wasn't Obama that brought the races together in the polls, it was strictly his color, it could have been any black man.

1.) yes he did
2.) this is the most laughable asinine thing i heard in a while "it could have been any black man"

listen up everybody, if flava flav would have run for president instead of Obama he would have won according to sawyer. There is nobody honest and educated that would ever buy that. SOrry

Hey Steve, so sorry about your dog, they can certainly be like family.

You've met black people that you've liked before, haven't you?

Do you have evidence to back this claim or are you just being holier than thou.

My post was tongue in cheek, in reality I do think he mocked the old guy that was beaten to death.

in reality there's no logic to support that since he was addressing you and your post

Back
Top Bottom