• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

I am going to keep a close eye on this.

Oh, you know there's more to that story then that.

In fact, the George Zimmerman trial was a complicated affair precisely because of the convergence of several social issues and questions.

So, first of all, you are admitting that this thread is indeed about how hard it is to be a white man these days?

Second, you likely won't find many (I can't discount any possibility) people who don't think what happened to this man is tragic.

That doesn't make it newsworthy, however. And if you think the race of the perpetrators and the victims is the reason for this, you are being delusional.

Because crime isn't, in and of itself, a newsworthy phenomena. It's common, everyday stuff.

The fact that you are downplaying the race factor in this crime is exactly what Sawyer is talking about.

You know, you can chose to stay in your angry little world only populated by things that really piss you off .... or you can listen when someone says what they think. None of that, represents anything I think.

Hey you're the one that used this tragic event to dump on white men in general and me in particular. I think maybe you are the angry one here.

I have no idea, the facts are not in yet but if two young white men beat an 88 year old black man to death the media would already be talking about race and looking for connections to the tea party or so called right wing radio.

maybe it is because whites in this country have never had to deal with the burden of being considered three-fifths of a person, being considered intellectually inferior because of the color of their skin, or have been violently persecuted just to keep them from earning the right to vote?

Jesse Jackson Sr. says he frowns upon black teenage boys beating rotten filthy nigger hating 88 year old white men to death.

I have no idea, the facts are not in yet but if two young white men beat an 88 year old black man to death the media would already be talking about race and looking for connections to the tea party or so called right wing radio.

So we're admitting this thread is about how hard white people have it these days, huh?

Also, I'm fairly sure you have no evidence for any of the above. Your paranoid ranting aside.

Hey you're the one that used this tragic event to dump on white men in general and me in particular. I think maybe you are the angry one here.

Tell me I used this tragic event to dump on white men.

maybe it is because whites in this country have never had to deal with the burden of being considered three-fifths of a person, being considered intellectually inferior because of the color of their skin, or have been violently persecuted just to keep them from earning the right to vote?

Sounds like it's open season on white men huh.

Was the Zimmerman case motivated by race? The DOJ tried really hard to find that and failed.

the initial media coverage of that story fed that perception of the zimmerman case being a hate crime.

and for many people the issue of racism is very much a open wound.

The fact that you are downplaying the race factor in this crime is exactly what Sawyer is talking about.

Oh, so you have evidence that this crime was motivated by race?

Cause I'd hate to let you know, but them being black and him being white does not make this newsworthy. It's not even a worthwhile point to make about the story itself.

Tell me I used this tragic event to dump on white men.

Your previous post.

"You sound like a frightened man to me. You will, over time, loose your power. Our nation will become more equally populated by people of all races and mixed races and the "good ole days" of old white guy power will be a distant memory. All that trying to hang on to it accomplishes is making you look bitter."

Oh, so you have evidence that this crime was motivated by race?

Cause I'd hate to let you know, but them being black and him being white does not make this newsworthy. It's not even a worthwhile point to make about the story itself.

Was their evidence Zimmerman killed Trayvon over race? That sure didn't stop the media from reporting on it that way did it.

Your previous post.

"You sound like a frightened man to me. You will, over time, loose your power. Our nation will become more equally populated by people of all races and mixed races and the "good ole days" of old white guy power will be a distant memory. All that trying to hang on to it accomplishes is making you look bitter."

So you mean dumping a white man as opposed to dumping on white men. I'm not dumping on you. I really do think that your perspective is motivated by fear. I'm sorry if that offends you.

What do you think?

I don't know you. I am hoping you are just trying to provoke. Although it seems like awfully big lengths to go to just to entertain yourself.

This statement above, is exactly why I began with my white man comment.

This thread isn't here for anything more than for you to bang on about how hard the white race has it these days.

This old man's death was a tragedy... I see no reason to bring race into it other than to race bait.

Good post. The OP's intention was painfully transparent, and I agree with your interpretation of it.

Back
Top Bottom