• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hurricane Laura looms, and Trump is again the man without a plan

Please point out the quotes from Marx that cover hurricane policy.

I can point out where the Communist Manifesto mandates where people can and can't live. How 'bout that?

I can point out where the Communist Manifesto mandates where people can and can't live. How 'bout that?

That is not hurricane policy or building codes. Keep trying.

NWOFXDD33BEQRGYBW6JJRF67DQ.jpg

There is the possibility that we may now lose sports in 2020. Because Trump had no plan to fix racial injustice after the brutal police murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis, it keeps on happening, over and over and over. Now professional sports athletes in the NBA, MLB and NFL have had enough of this inaction. Games were boycotted last night and the athletes threaten to end their respective seasons unless the senseless police murders of people of color ceases. Three months after the execution of George Floyd, and Trump still has no plan to address racial injustice and police brutality. More than that, Trump encourages violence and then complains mightily when it happens.

We can't keep going on like this, calamity after calamity with never a plan to either mitigate or repair the damages. Do you really want four more years of Trump chaos?

You know what they say? Everyone has an opinion, and yours is undoubtedly influenced by a WA. Post anti-Trump hit piece.

Glad I could help....:mrgreen:

I'm not splitting hairs. I'm pointing out how stupid it is to blame every kung flu death on Trump. Oh, and that you lied your butt off.

How many needless deaths does a President get? I remember Obama being blamed for 2 deaths from Ebola.

The Ebola crisis in the United States has become an anchor threatening to sink the Obama presidency.

Already under fire from critics who saw the federal response to the outbreak as disorganized and timid,
things went from bad to worse on Wednesday, when it was revealed a second nurse had contracted the disease while treating a Liberian man at a Dallas-area hospital.

President Obama’s Ebola problem | TheHill

There is the possibility that we may now lose sports in 2020. Because Trump had no plan to fix racial injustice after the brutal police murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis, it keeps on happening, over and over and over. Now professional sports athletes in the NBA, MLB and NFL have had enough of this inaction. Games were boycotted last night and the athletes threaten to end their respective seasons unless the senseless police murders of people of color ceases. Three months after the execution of George Floyd, and Trump still has no plan to address racial injustice and police brutality. More than that, Trump encourages violence and then complains mightily when it happens.

We can't keep going on like this, calamity after calamity with never a plan to either mitigate or repair the damages. Do you really want four more years of Trump chaos?

Sorry, the 'unpreparedness' lie doesn't fly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ "Trump Administration Earns Cautious Praise For Handling of Hurricanes"

And this is from a source that despises Trump. If there is one thing Trump especially excels at, it's mobilizing a large number of people to accomplish a large task in a short time with great efficiency. It's what he did all his real estate career.

Last edited:
The damage from a category 4 hurricane pales compared to the damage Trump has done to this country. 180,000 preventable deaths from a deadly virus that has crippled our economy and is still raging through our population unabated while Trump hardly even mentions it as his convention. It is the largest failure by a President in history.

Really? The Scientists said there were going to be well over two million dead in the United States. Two million! The President has limited it to less than 200K. He saved over 1.8 million lives. Best President in history.

Trumps idea of a hurricane plan.....

trump-puerto-rico-paper-towel-1200.jpg

I am glad the high storm surge did not push inshore, water does a lot more damage than wind.
Thankfully the people in real danger evacuated, it looks like the loss of life was minimal,
considering the size of the storm.
I have not heard any reports from Cameron, but it took a direct hit.
This morning, the Houston news, said that about 300 linemen and trucks were staging at Reliant center to be deployed where needed,
when the roads were open again.
FEMA had a meeting reported on by the weather channel, saying that assets were staged and ready to help people as soon as it was safe to do so.
This was a really bad storm, so it looks like the preparations, and planning has paid off.

Yes. So glad Louisiana's Governor activated the National Guard. First-responders and after-responders too were ready.

If Katrina is any guide, the ones cleaning up will be buses and buses of church people, most of which are................Donald Trump supporters

Really? The Scientists said there were going to be well over two million dead in the United States. Two million! The President has limited it to less than 200K. He saved over 1.8 million lives. Best President in history.

Scientists also say that most of our deaths could have been prevented with a better response from Trump. That was proven in other countries who had far less fatalities per 100,000 population. I do not call 4th worst in the entire world anything like the "best".

A faster response could have prevented most U.S. Covid-19 deaths - STAT
21170.jpeg

Scientists also say that most of our deaths could have been prevented with a better response from Trump. That was proven in other countries who had far less fatalities per 100,000 population. I do not call 4th worst in the entire world anything like the "best".

???? You need to check with the hive. The Biden/Harris argument is that the President had no response, still doesn't have a plan, he has ignored the pandemic. The study you cite says that these lives would have been saved if the President closed down the borders earlier.. Which by the way, your candidate says was hysterical and racist.

Yeah, but if it isn't fixed up by this time next week, then Trump failed. Nevermind that it was the strongest storm since 1856.

With American exceptionalism comes exceptional storms.

Sounds like good summation of this administration. "Why bother with plans?"

The last time Trump wrote his plans out with Sharpie, the left had a melt down. He leaves the sharpie in the drawer, the left has a melt down.

And it is hot as **** out here in California. When is the Goddamn President going to do something about that?

He'll have Mike Pence, Betsy DeVos and Paula White pray for you. After that you're on your own............

OMG. Now Trump is responsible for sports!! LMAO

PS. I understand people are planning o rioting this weekend in Miami because the weather is predicted to be really humid and Trump has no plan to deal with it.

PS. Obama is insisting the NBA boycott the games because of, ummmm, I think, hmmmm. I dunno. He just wants to boycott.

The last time Trump wrote his plans out with Sharpie, the left had a melt down. He leaves the sharpie in the drawer, the left has a melt down.

So if the other side is going to criticize anyway, why bother making plans? Don't know about you, but I prefer to vote for a president who isn't that sensitive to criticism.

???? You need to check with the hive. The Biden/Harris argument is that the President had no response, still doesn't have a plan, he has ignored the pandemic. The study you cite says that these lives would have been saved if the President closed down the borders earlier.. Which by the way, your candidate says was hysterical and racist.

The study says if we closed down the COUNTRY earlier with a stay at home order and social distancing mandates lives would have been saved. Closing the country to Chinese visitors while allowing Americans who were visiting China to return like normal was not only racist it did nothing to stop the virus from coming here. It was those Americans that first brought the virus here. Trump needed to quarantine all people coming from China if he wanted to stop the virus but was too stupid to realize it. When will you realize what a moron he is? Here is the first known case of Covid 19 in the U.S....

On January 19, 2020, a 35-year-old man presented to an urgent care clinic in Snohomish County, Washington, with a 4-day history of cough and subjective fever. On checking into the clinic, the patient put on a mask in the waiting room. After waiting approximately 20 minutes, he was taken into an examination room and underwent evaluation by a provider. He disclosed that he had returned to Washington State on January 15 after traveling to visit family in Wuhan, China.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2001191

Last edited:

So now Trump is responsible for the weather! Another baseline and idiotic claim. The Sports that we may lose are because of a virus brought to the country from China. A virus that was around for at least 4-5 weeks before the Chinese bothered to share information on its existance. Within weeks Trump put a ban on travel to/from China. Many on the left called him crazy and xenophobic for that move then and now say he didn't do anything. It's no wonder the extreme left wing results to violence, they don't have the good sense to make an intellectual argument.

OMG. Now Trump is responsible for sports!! LMAO

PS. I understand people are planning o rioting this weekend in Miami because the weather is predicted to be really humid and Trump has no plan to deal with it.

PS. Obama is insisting the NBA boycott the games because of, ummmm, I think, hmmmm. I dunno. He just wants to boycott.

When millions of peaceful protesters take to the streets with a grievance and the President refuses to address that grievance in any meaningful way it causes more protests. Why do you think we have the right to free assembly? So our leaders can ignore the reason for the protests and instead call them "anarchists"? That is not how America works. A President is not supposed to incite more violence because he thinks it is political advantage for him like Trump has done either.

AN6I5DHOKRJPMNGJNIPJQ2KHN4.jpg

He'll have Mike Pence, Betsy DeVos and Paula White pray for you. After that you're on your own............

Works for me. More than I ever got out of the Obama administration.

That is not hurricane policy or building codes. Keep trying.

It's an abuse of government power, no matter what bull**** you use to justify it. Tyrrants have always used "the greater good" as justification for their tyranny.

When millions of peaceful protesters take to the streets with a grievance and the President refuses to address that grievance in any meaningful way it causes more protests. Why do you think we have the right to free assembly? So our leaders can ignore the reason for the protests and instead call them "anarchists"? That is not how America works. A President is not supposed to incite more violence because he thinks it is political advantage for him like Trump has done either.

AN6I5DHOKRJPMNGJNIPJQ2KHN4.jpg

I suppose a firebomb can be thrown peacefully and people can be killed peacefully and cop cars burned peacefully and stores looted peacefully and.......

Back
Top Bottom