• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hurricane Laura looms, and Trump is again the man without a plan

Everything, everything everything Baaaaaaaad is Trump's fault!!!!!!!!! Save us Joe!!! Saaaaaaaave us!!!!! :lamo

NWOFXDD33BEQRGYBW6JJRF67DQ.jpg

There is the possibility that we may now lose sports in 2020. Because Trump had no plan to fix racial injustice after the brutal police murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis, it keeps on happening, over and over and over. Now professional sports athletes in the NBA, MLB and NFL have had enough of this inaction. Games were boycotted last night and the athletes threaten to end their respective seasons unless the senseless police murders of people of color ceases. Three months after the execution of George Floyd, and Trump still has no plan to address racial injustice and police brutality. More than that, Trump encourages violence and then complains mightily when it happens.

We can't keep going on like this, calamity after calamity with never a plan to either mitigate or repair the damages. Do you really want four more years of Trump chaos?

Trump has no intention of doing anything that might stop or slow the protests because he feels that they are politically advantageous to him. That is how he makes EVERY decision. He did the same with Covid 19 when he rejected a national plan to fight the virus because people in blue states were dying the most and he wanted to blame the Governors. The truth is that like being #1 in the world for deaths from Covid, all the riots and violence can be attributed to Trump too. The idea of going through 4 more years of this kind of "leadership" is beyond frightening. There will be nothing left of America and that is Trumps ultimate goal. To destroy us from within.

Last edited:
Hurricanes don't need plans. Wait until it breaks crap and fix the broken crap like in any other hurricane.

Yeah, but if it isn't fixed up by this time next week, then Trump failed. Nevermind that it was the strongest storm since 1856.

There is planning that can done around hurricanes, mainly around construction codes and design of civil infrastructure.

Now tell me. Do you really, honestly, truly think that local construction codes are something that should be set in the White House? Or are you desperately seeking anything and everything to blame on the President?

We're too busy watching the usual suspects blame Trump for the destruction the hurricane caused. :lamo

The damage from a category 4 hurricane pales compared to the damage Trump has done to this country. 180,000 preventable deaths from a deadly virus that has crippled our economy and is still raging through our population unabated while Trump hardly even mentions it as his convention. It is the largest failure by a President in history.

The damage from a category 4 hurricane pales compared to the damage Trump has done to this country. 180,000 preventable deaths from a deadly virus that has crippled our economy and is still raging through our population unabated while Trump hardly even mentions it as his convention. It is the largest failure by a President in history.

So, you do blame Trump for not keeping the death toll at zero. The other day you said you didn't. Are you lying now, or were you lying then?

I am glad the high storm surge did not push inshore, water does a lot more damage than wind.
Thankfully the people in real danger evacuated, it looks like the loss of life was minimal,
considering the size of the storm.
I have not heard any reports from Cameron, but it took a direct hit.
This morning, the Houston news, said that about 300 linemen and trucks were staging at Reliant center to be deployed where needed,
when the roads were open again.
FEMA had a meeting reported on by the weather channel, saying that assets were staged and ready to help people as soon as it was safe to do so.
This was a really bad storm, so it looks like the preparations, and planning has paid off.

There is planning that can done around hurricanes, mainly around construction codes and design of civil infrastructure.

IOW, make construction costs more expensive. Priced so high, that government will have to subsidize it.

I am glad the high storm surge did not push inshore, water does a lot more damage than wind.
Thankfully the people in real danger evacuated, it looks like the loss of life was minimal,
considering the size of the storm.
I have not heard any reports from Cameron, but it took a direct hit.
This morning, the Houston news, said that about 300 linemen and trucks were staging at Reliant center to be deployed where needed,
when the roads were open again.
FEMA had a meeting reported on by the weather channel, saying that assets were staged and ready to help people as soon as it was safe to do so.
This was a really bad storm, so it looks like the preparations, and planning has paid off.

This is a section of road close to my house. It'll be weeks before the lighrs are back on

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1598545104185.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598545104185.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 26
  • FB_IMG_1598545110608.jpg
    FB_IMG_1598545110608.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 26
So, you do blame Trump for not keeping the death toll at zero. The other day you said you didn't. Are you lying now, or were you lying then?

Stop spitting hairs when 100's of 1000's of lives have been lost needlessly and are still being lost needlessly. Trump is the one who said "It's going to be close to zero".

A faster response could have prevented most U.S. Covid-19 deaths - STAT

Experts: 90 percent of US coronavirus deaths could have been avoided if measures had been taken just two weeks earlier | TheHill

US could have prevented majority of deaths and cases if it shut down sooner, new model finds

Last edited:
IOW, make construction costs more expensive. Priced so high, that government will have to subsidize it.

If its impossible to build there safely and affordably, then don't

NWOFXDD33BEQRGYBW6JJRF67DQ.jpg

There is the possibility that we may now lose sports in 2020. Because Trump had no plan to fix racial injustice after the brutal police murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis, it keeps on happening, over and over and over. Now professional sports athletes in the NBA, MLB and NFL have had enough of this inaction. Games were boycotted last night and the athletes threaten to end their respective seasons unless the senseless police murders of people of color ceases. Three months after the execution of George Floyd, and Trump still has no plan to address racial injustice and police brutality. More than that, Trump encourages violence and then complains mightily when it happens.

We can't keep going on like this, calamity after calamity with never a plan to either mitigate or repair the damages. Do you really want four more years of Trump chaos?
WaPo meh! :roll:

This is a section of road close to my house. It'll be weeks before the lighrs are back on

Just curious. If your lights are out how are you still on the internet and posting to DP?

Now tell me. Do you really, honestly, truly think that local construction codes are something that should be set in the White House? Or are you desperately seeking anything and everything to blame on the President?

No, but I did not have federal policy in mind when I made my statement. I was responding to the generalized statement that nothing could be done.

I hope you are yours are safe, since you are online, I assume you are a practical person with a generator.
They announced the order they would be working on electricity, (The TV is on in the background)
I think the said medical facilities and first responders were first, then they pick the repair that fixes the most people,
and work down the list.
Good luck!

Just curious. If your lights are out how are you still on the internet and posting to DP?

I'm not at home. Even if I was home, I can still charge my smart phone in my truck. We have a small generator to run the fridge and an appliance, or two. I could use that.

If its impossible to build there safely and affordably, then don't

Now, the government will mandate where you can build. You still wonder why Leftists are compared to communists?...lol

I'm not splitting hairs. I'm pointing out how stupid it is to blame every kung flu death on Trump. Oh, and that you lied your butt off.

I hope you are yours are safe, since you are online, I assume you are a practical person with a generator.
They announced the order they would be working on electricity, (The TV is on in the background)
I think the said medical facilities and first responders were first, then they pick the repair that fixes the most people,
and work down the list.
Good luck!

We got damn lucky, brother. Other people in the area got completely butt ****ed by the storm.

It does not have to be that much more expensive, Hurricane clips, on a whole house, would likely only add about $100.
Access Denied
Tying the roof to the frame helps a lot, shallow eves also helps.
Wind rated roofs are about $1000 extra, but they say they last longer.

Now, the government will mandate where you can build. You still wonder why Leftists are compared to communists?...lol
Please point out the quotes from Marx that cover hurricane policy.

We got damn lucky, brother. Other people in the area got completely butt ****ed by the storm.
Oh I know, I have been through many Hurricanes, and would have been happy to miss any of them.
That level of wind can rip a normal house apart.

I was wondering how you got through the storm. Glad to hear the above.

Oh I know, I have been through many Hurricanes, and would have been happy to miss any of them.
That level of wind can rip a normal house apart.

My mom had some trees blow down. They missed the house, thank goodness.

Attachments

• received_1711601952322735.jpg
    received_1711601952322735.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 26
  • received_3023141207796772.jpg
    received_3023141207796772.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 26
And it is hot as **** out here in California. When is the Goddamn President going to do something about that?

100 here again today... It's all Trump's fault. When will he fix this for those of us who are roasting like a chicken on a spit?

Back
Top Bottom