• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hunter Biden's laptop acknowledged by the NY times

I do not believe I have ever said the NY TIMES is 'fake news."
I certainly do think they have a partisan slant though.
Definitely. And, they were part of the movement in the media to push the narratives about Trump. They viewed their role as "get Trump."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/16/us/politics/hunter-biden-tax-bill-investigation.html

The NY times, now that they have no political motivation to cover it up any longer, has revealed that the laptop is real.

I wonder what else is real about this situation that we have not been allowed to ask about or talk about for over a year, since before the election?

the times appears to be saying his offenses aren't that serious, and the DOJ has not decided what to do with the information yet (daddy is president after all)... but then again the NY Times among other media, helped cover up and criticize the laptop story in the first place, so who can believe them now?
You need a link without a paywall

One of the things I love about this story is that it comes from Giuliani, who the FBI already knew was a Russian target for misinmation and he was hanging out with pro-Russian Ukrainians. Maybe if they had bothered to use a more reliable source for the laptop information, people would have taken it more seriously. So they really only screwed themselves.

Definitely. And, they were part of the movement in the media to push the narratives about Trump. They viewed their role as "get Trump."

Another left-wing conspiracy monger. lol.

No-- you miss the point.
This isn't about H Biden any more so than Flynn was about Flynn.
It was about the incumbent president.

What these emails show is that Mr. Biden was aware of what his son was up (cashing in on his name and office) and that the current president seems to be expecting a cut on whatever H. Biden was able to obtain.

They can watch this or bury their heads again. It's up to them and of course the SOURCE lol

Tucker exclusive: Tony Bobulinski, ex-Hunter Biden associate, speaks out on Joe Biden​

Trump didn't need any help; he "got" himself through his incompetence, routine failure and utter unsuitability. The people saw, spoke, voted and he finished by losing an election by a landslide.

What are the criteria you use to determine when the NYT is "fake news" and when it is a reliable source of information?
It's never a source of reliable information, except if it happens to cite clear and persuasive evidence which can be independently verified. Like most of the major media, if they are asking you to trust them on an anonymous source or if they are telling you they have "debunked" something without showing you the proof or if they are asking you to accept that something which came out in the news yesterday is a "wild conspiracy theory" without actually having done a good investigation, then you ought not believe them.

Never, ever trust an article that is anonymously sourced. Political operatives on both sides of the aisle regularly plant stories and push narratives.

This particular story is a comparison of two positions taken by the New York Times and illustrates exactly that - that the NYT and most major media acted to try to silence and censor a legitimate story (prior to a full vetting of the facts) because they thought it could be damaging to the Biden candidacy - and their job, as they saw it, was to eject Trump.

Nobody is suggesting that NOW the NYT is to be trusted. All the folks are saying is that NOW the New York Times is agreeing with what we already knew - that the biden laptop story is legiitimate -- nobody is saying it's legitimate now for the reason that the NYT says so.

They can watch this or bury their heads again. It's up to them and of course the SOURCE lol

Tucker exclusive: Tony Bobulinski, ex-Hunter Biden associate, speaks out on Joe Biden​

Tucker "I lie when I'm cornered" Carlson and no supporting evidence? Yep, that's me convinced! "They tarred my family name". There you go, a pissed-off snowflake who got his feelings hurt, and wants revenge :ROFLMAO:

Tucker "I lie when I'm cornered" Carlson and no supporting evidence? Yep, that's me convinced!

Now that the NY TIMES has verified the information (ie H Biden was cashing in and implying his father was aware of, and benefited from it) Bobuslisnki's comments along the same would seem to have greater credibility.

Now that the NY TIMES has verified the information (ie H Biden was cashing in and implying his father was aware of, and benefited from it) Bobuslisnki's comments along the same would seem to have greater credibility.
How is it verified? Because they say so? What have you seen that proves any crime or wrongdoing whatsoever on Hunter Biden's part? More importantly this whole thing has been tossed around for years; why have no formal legal proceedings been implemented, or arrests been made, given this apparent mountain of damning evidence?

The NY times, now that they have no political motivation to cover it up any longer, has revealed that the laptop is real.

I wonder what else is real about this situation that we have not been allowed to ask about or talk about for over a year, since before the election?

the times appears to be saying his offenses aren't that serious, and the DOJ has not decided what to do with the information yet (daddy is president after all)... but then again the NY Times among other media, helped cover up and criticize the laptop story in the first place, so who can believe them now?
I don't think anyone on here ever held up Hunter Biden as a paragon of virtue. He has admitted addiction problems exacerbated by his brother's untimely death. It's a good thing Hunter never ran for President.

Hunter was seen as a weak link for the Biden campaign and became a lightning rod for the Trump cult. It's not the fault of the dems that Hunter was the subject of lies and vicious attacks and now the attackers look like the boy who cried wolf. And we are all still waiting for those damning documents from Tucker.

If Hunter broke laws, he should suffer the consequences.

the story wasn't run by most major media outlets and the idea that it was hunter biden;s laptop, much less having evidence of foul play revealed by it, was scoffed at during the election cycle last time for a long time... you know when it mattered ? the idea of the laptop still gets ridicule in some circles.

but good try.
Why would it matter?

What office was Hunter running for?

Well, its true that the Trump kids have long been involved in the family's real estate business.
Its kind of difficult to deny that this is true.

Its also true H Biden doesn't seem to support as a lawyer, but rather from these deals he makes.
And the Trump kids would be washing dishes somewhere if it were not for their dad's money. They are a pack of entitled grifters just like Hunter Biden. The fact you can't see that is pretty ridiculous.

How is it verified? Because they say so? What have you seen that proves any crime or wrongdoing whatsoever on Hunter Biden's part? More importantly this whole thing has been tossed around for years; why have no formal legal proceedings or arrests having been made, given this apparent mountain of damning evidence?

The story is fundamentally about J Biden and whether he was cashing in on his son's cashing in who his father was.
Whether it was illegal for H Biden to do so, for J Biden to do so (he is not under investigation), I have no idea.

The story is fundamentally about J Biden and whether he was cashing in on his son's cashing in who his father was.
Whether it was illegal for H Biden to do so, for J Biden to do so (he is not under investigation), I have no idea.
So it's nothing but speculation then.

And the Trump kids would be washing dishes somewhere if it were not for their dad's money. They are a pack of entitled grifters just like Hunter Biden. The fact you can't see that is pretty ridiculous.

Maybe so. But that is speculation.
In any event, they run a business which is more than what H Biden does (Biden Inc. is not real business).

We all know the NYT's is not a reliable source. That's the point of this whole scenario. They are only now grudgingly admitting what was obvious in 2020.
It apparently was not "obvious" to Trump's AG, DOJ, or FBI back in 2020. Or are you saying that those entities were also part of the left wing media's conspiracy to "get Trump"?

It apparently was not "obvious" to Trump's AG, DOJ, or FBI back in 2020. Or are you saying that those entities were also part of the left wing media's conspiracy to "get Trump"?
It's the same thing as the 2020 election "fraud". While Trump was in office the Republican-controlled Senate could have implemented hearings, issued subpoenas, etc. Instead, we were fed vague fraud accusations from a few Trump Senate lackeys.

Dismiss whatever you want. Democrats already dismiss the laptop scandal. It would just be refreshing if Democrats would be somewhat consistent.

What's the "scandal?"

Dismiss whatever you want. Democrats already dismiss the laptop scandal. It would just be refreshing if Democrats would be somewhat consistent.
There are nothing more than accusations by partisans. How does that constitute a "scandal"? Was Pizzagate a scandal? Other than the fact that someone ran with those irrefutably false claims and went in armed and shot that weapon because of what he had heard about it from Info-Wars?

Alex Jones, the Info-Wars host, was reporting that Hillary Clinton was sexually abusing children in satanic rituals a few hundred miles north, in the basement of a Washington, D.C., pizza restaurant. Welch told his friends the “raid” on a “pedo ring” might require them to “sacrifice the lives of a few for the lives of many.” A friend texted, “Sounds like we r freeing some oppressed pizza from the hands of an evil pizza joint.” Welch was undeterred. Three days later, armed with an AR-15 semiautomatic rifle, a .38 handgun and a folding knife, he strolled into the restaurant and headed toward the back, where children were playing ping-pong. As waitstaff went table to table, whispering to customers to get out, Welch maneuvered into the restaurant’s kitchen. He shot open a lock and found cooking supplies. He whipped open another door and found an employee bringing in fresh pizza dough. Welch did not find any captive children – Comet Ping Pong does not even have a basement

Back
Top Bottom