• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hunter Biden's laptop acknowledged by the NY times

Not in legitimate dispute. The media likes to conflate the issue of it being his laptop with the issue of whether it came to light through nefarious means.
well it was in illegitimate dispute, much as these news outlets that buried the story initially are illegitimate lol.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/16/us/politics/hunter-biden-tax-bill-investigation.html

The NY times, now that they have no political motivation to cover it up any longer, has revealed that the laptop is real.

I wonder what else is real about this situation that we have not been allowed to ask about or talk about for over a year, since before the election?

the times appears to be saying his offenses aren't that serious, and the DOJ has not decided what to do with the information yet (daddy is president after all)... but then again the NY Times among other media, helped cover up and criticize the laptop story in the first place, so who can believe them now?

The Times never said that Hunter Biden‘s laptop wasn‘t real.

Did you even read the article??

The Times is saying that the only thing that the DoJ is really investigating are tax issues and whether Hunter Biden violated the FARA Act, which appears to be a very difficult case to make. Biden, unlike Jared Kushner, Michael Flynn, or any of the trump family, knew all about FARA.

Of course, you double standard is showing.

You expect that Biden Sr will cover up for his son.

And you’re here to condemn him based on that assumption.

And yet, trump nation not only expect, but celebrates every time their fuhrer tried to do the same thing.

Last edited:
right but he tried to cover it up being his, that maybe it was stolen from him by russians, the media buried the story by and large and posters here stated it was not real.

by "not real" i understood to mean it was not his.

the social media outlets went so far as to BAN PEOPLE for talking about it.

H. Biden never said it wasn't his, or that the information therein was a plant.
Those were claims by Biden's defenders.

We can now safely say that Biden lied when he called the stories "garbage." He must have known they were true.

well it was in illegitimate dispute, much as these news outlets that buried the story initially are illegitimate lol.
Indeed. The media immediate goes with the "its Russian disinformation" and for some reason any publication of negative info about a Democrat is portrayed in the media as forbidden territory. Publishing negative info about a Democrat is "election interference". Publication of negative information about a Republican is a public service.

Lol, you're not here to present any evidence for the ridiculous things you're claiming "could be" the case, you just believe what you believe because you want to.

Let us know when there's literally any evidence at all to suggest Biden did something illegal. We'll be here eagerly waiting.
Give me a break! Are saying you never accused Trump or his kids of criminal behavior lacking any evidence showing it to be true?

No one cares. What is wrong with the Q folks that they treat this like it has some kind of meaning? Good God.

These posts need to grow the **** up .

The Times is saying that the only thing that the DoJ is really investigating are tax issues and whether Hunter Biden violated the FARA Act, which appears to be a very difficult case to make. Biden, unlike Jared Kushner, Michael Flynn, or any of the trump family, knew all about FARA.

The same as trump nation not only expect, but celebrates every time their fuhrer tried to do the same thing.

No-- you miss the point.
This isn't about H Biden any more so than Flynn was about Flynn.
It was about the incumbent president.

What these emails show is that Mr. Biden was aware of what his son was up (cashing in on his name and office) and that the current president seems to be expecting a cut on whatever H. Biden was able to obtain.

Give me a break! Are saying you never accused Trump or his kids of criminal behavior lacking any evidence showing it to be true?
I love this childish argument.

The good old implied "two wrongs make it right."

Holy pathetic, still with the Hunter Biden nonsense. LOL, really ****ing pathetic and desperate.

Nope. I criticized them for the things I saw. Like when Trump got on live TV and asked Russia to get involved in our election. Or when he publicly sided with Putin over all of the US intelligence services, saying he believes Putin over them.

See, I've got REAL criticisms, you have to make up things because you lack the ability to criticize Biden on his actual actions.

Lol, you're not here to present any evidence for the ridiculous things you're claiming "could be" the case, you just believe what you believe because you want to.

Let us know when there's literally any evidence at all to suggest Biden did something illegal. We'll be here eagerly waiting.

Wow-- I thought one of the appeals of "middle-class joe" was that he was man who sacrificed his life over the past half century for regular americans.
Now we learning that he apparently took a cut at whatever deals his son made by virtue of the fact who and what his father was.

Maybe there was nothing illegal in what the president did. Not much of an argument from those who otherwise slam Trump.

The New York Times, and Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC.

No, people cared to imply to the public that it may not have been Hunter's laptop, because it is loaded with criminal behavior, felonies, drug use, prostitution, and all sorts of nefarious behavior, plus information which implies business dealings involving odd and suspicious payments for contacts and introductions, and also percentages to be distributed to the Big Guy (Joe)., etc.

People cared, except the Democrats and their water-carriers in the media.
Do you not see the implied claims based on nothing but the fact that it's Biden's son? There has been ZERO evidence of the claims you've stated above being on this laptop. And, even if it was there, that's Hunter's problem isn't it? The issue back when this was deemed an important topic by FOX, was because it was the core of their attempt to smear Joe Biden with his son's activities and thus screw his chances to become President. Every claim was NEVER supported by any proven or displayed fact. It's all hearsay and oddball claims of what COULD be on the laptop, but not investigated.

How about you and those who believe these claim, support them with some proven facts? You don't get to make a claim and demand an investigation without actually proving some wrongdoing first.

Wow-- I thought one of the appeals of "middle-class joe" was that he was man who sacrificed his life over the past half century for regular americans.
Now we learning that he apparently took a cut at whatever deals his son made by virtue of the fact who and what his father was.
Maybe there was nothing illegal in what the president did.
Show us the evidence of your claim. Blogs do not count.

The same as trump nation not only expect, but celebrates every time their fuhrer tried to do the same thing.
Read this: https://mynbc15.com/news/nation-wor...unter-biden-emails-not-russian-disinformation

The disinformation campaign against the Hunter Biden laptop reporting was led by the CIA's all-but-official spokesperson Natasha Bertrand (then of Politico, now with CNN), whose article on October 19 appeared under this headline: “Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say.” “virtually every media outlet — CNN, NBC News, PBS, Huffington Post, The Intercept, and too many others to count — began completely ignoring the substance of the reporting and instead spread the lie over and over that these documents were the by-product of Russian disinformation.” The Huffington Post even published a must-be-seen-to-be-believed campaign ad for Joe Biden, masquerading as “reporting,” that spread this lie that the emails were "Russian disinformation.” https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-nyt-now-admits-the-biden-laptop?s=r

The double standard is on the side of the media and Democrat sycophants who now want to pretend they never covered this up? They now want to galight the **** out of the nation when we all saw the mass bannings and censorship of this story, and every Democrat media outlet denying the story and then ignoring it?

When files from the device were first published ahead of the 2020 election, the NYT cast doubt on its provenance and linked it to Russian disinformation https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ear-DailyMail-com-confirmed-authenticity.html

The Trump derangement syndrome was strong at the time, and the media lied to us in order to manipulate public opinion and manufacture consent.

They are never to be forgiven. Ever. The Democrat media - WaPo, NYT, Chicago Tribune, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, NPR, etc etc etc - are lying pieces of shit, and anything they publish - after their track record over the past 5 years of being scumbag tools of the Democratic National Committee and the ****ing CIA/NSA -- will never be believed.

Don't believe them. Make them prove everything to a "t." Do not accept anonymous sources, and do not accept their paraphrasing. Quotes, and copies of documents, or it didn't happen.

I recall when this 'story' about Hunter's laptop first came to light in 2020. Trump's own DOJ and FBI determined it was a big nothing burger and no indictment was forthcoming. It pissed Trump off to no end.

Nope. I criticized them for the things I saw. Like when Trump got on live TV and asked Russia to get involved in our election. Or when he publicly sided with Putin over all of the US intelligence services, saying he believes Putin over them.

See, I've got REAL criticisms, you have to make up things because you lack the ability to criticize Biden on his actual actions.
Although nepotism isn't necessarily a crime you sure did complain about it when it came to Trump's kids. Your double standard is noted.

Do you not see the implied claims based on nothing but the fact that it's Biden's son? There has been ZERO evidence of the claims you've stated above being on this laptop. And, even if it was there, that's Hunter's problem isn't it? The issue back when this was deemed an important topic by FOX, was because it was the core of their attempt to smear Joe Biden with his son's activities and thus screw his chances to become President. Every claim was NEVER supported by any proven or displayed fact. It's all hearsay and oddball claims of what COULD be on the laptop, but not investigated.

How about you and those who believe these claim, support them with some proven facts? You don't get to make a claim and demand an investigation without actually proving some wrongdoing first.

The NY TIMES article is confirming what the NY POST reported back in 2020.
So certainly they are allowed to crow and mock the paper of record for coming late to the party.

The emails imply that J Biden was well aware that his son was cashing in on office. They also imply that J Biden would get a cut on that cashing in.

Although nepotism isn't necessarily a crime you sure did complain about it when it came to Trump's kids. Your double standard is noted.
What position in Joe Biden's administration does Hunter Biden work in? I don't believe he does at all, so your comparison to someone who put several of his kids, including his daughter's idiot son into important roles in his administration is stupid and desperate.

I recall when this 'story' about Hunter's laptop first came to light in 2020. Trump's own DOJ and FBI determined it was a big nothing burger and no indictment was forthcoming. It pissed Trump off to no end.

We had since learned that H Biden had been under investigation since the summer of 2020.
And that the DOJ was not going to alter its investigation based upon political timetables of Mr. Trump.

I’ll bet the laptop contains evidence that the Clintons assassinated their political enemies in the 90’s, or evidence of Plutonium One.

What position in Joe Biden's administration does Hunter Biden work in? I don't believe he does at all, so your comparison to someone who put several of his kids, including his daughter's idiot son into important roles in his administration is stupid and desperate.
Right, and Hunter was qualified for the foreign jobs he had while the "Big guy" was VP.

Back
Top Bottom