• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How well is Bush handling Katrina's aftermath?

How well is Bush handling Katrina's aftermath?

• Good

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Average

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Poorly

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Very Poorly

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters
What are you saying? You think I need to have "evidence" to prove that barb wiring in Blacks is wrong? Surely you jest (and I promise not to call you Surely again)?

No becasue you didnt proclaim that idea remember? I thought stinger did?

Do you need me to find an impossible statistic to tell you that the very poor in America do not own cars?

No becasue again you didnt proclaim that stinger did.

I would ask stinger to support this claim.

How about you contributing YOUR point of view? Are you capable of that?

I beleive I just did you didnt hear it very well or you didnt read it.

"Don't you think it goes with the job? I think no matter who is President in circumstances like this all eyes are going to be on the President because we want him to lead us out of the crisis. We being ALL AMERICANS and that includes Democrats and Liberals. Who in their right mind wants the President to mess up helping our fellow Americans? As with 9-11 this crisis goes way, way beyond partisan politics."

Of course it goes with the job, but blaming him for what went wrong and blaming him for not finding out what went wrong are two different things. I don't think he necessarily messed up. We don't know yet. It's very probable and likely that the powers and the hands involved tripped all over themselves trying to put something together for numerous reasons. How often in a military unit does the CO get blamed for things that he found out about after the fact? While making him take responsibility for it because he was in charge might be the norm....it's also unfair to him.

SKILMATIC said:
No becasue you didnt proclaim that idea remember? I thought stinger did?

No becasue again you didnt proclaim that stinger did.

I would ask stinger to support this claim.
Dude, you wrote this about me in a very recent post:
SKILMATIC said:
I also dont agree with you either. Never have agree with any of your posts becasue they are garbage rhetoric that has no evidentiary support to back them fair enough?
So how can you now write this post? You're not making any sense. You see, this is a DEBATE. In a debate one must make points to "win" the debate. You're not making any points or ones that I just can't understand. To me your posts for the most part do not make any sense and are not part of the debate.

Never have agree with any of your posts becasue they are garbage rhetoric that has no evidentiary support to back them fair enough?

So how can you now write this post? You're not making any sense. You see, this is a DEBATE. In a debate one must make points to "win" the debate. You're not making any points or ones that I just can't understand. To me your posts for the most part do not make any sense and are not part of the debate.

Your right that portion was uncalled for but you failed to read my next one

Ok let me diegress. Mabe that was a little too harsh. I actually do agree with you the way the admin has handled new orleans but i dont agree with the fact that its not the time to be discussing these things.

There we go happy now?

Skilmatic RE: 29
We can't let up they are still screwing up.They are running out of medical supplies at the airport Triage center.How in the name of God can they still be messing up.
President Bush is the Bogey Man president.Thats how he got re-elected .Vote for me or the Bogey Man wil get you.He was going to protect us from a terrorist attack.If this is the way he would have protected us we are i BIG TROUBLE!

JOHNYJ said:
Skilmatic RE: 29
We can't let up they are still screwing up.They are running out of medical supplies at the airport Triage center.How in the name of God can they still be messing up.
No offense here, but you sir have no clue what's going on here, my mother is a nurse and explained how this is going, and things are improving, slowly, and people have already suffered, but the point is that things are FINALLY coming together.
President Bush is the Bogey Man president.Thats how he got re-elected .Vote for me or the Bogey Man wil get you.
You clearly have no clue about why Bush got re-elected, it is simply because his opposition was incompetant, that being said, what in the holy hell does this have to do with a natural disaster?
He was going to protect us from a terrorist attack.If this is the way he would have protected us we are i BIG TROUBLE!
And finally, more politicizing, I have explained NUMEROUS times the chain response for these and other kinds of natural disasters, the buck starts at the local an stops at the state, FEMA is there to lend the last link and aid in cleanup, we have idiots in charge of the state and New Orleans has a beurocrat for a mayor, I live in Louisiana and hate what happened, but to blame the president is the height of stupidity and ignorance and I WILL NOT put up with it, blame the A-holes who did jacks@#t to help within the area, thank you, and good-night.

LaMidRighter said:
I live in Louisiana and hate what happened, but to blame the president is the height of stupidity and ignorance and I WILL NOT put up with it, blame the A-holes who did jacks@#t to help within the area, thank you, and good-night.
It's stupid to blame the guy whose actions made this disaster far worse than it needed to be? :rofl I bet it wouldn't be so stupid if it was Clintons work though. No it's not completely his fault, but to say he deserves none of the blame is wrong.

As I recall you didn't even know your own states National Guard had asked for the return of equipment from Iraq a month prior to this.
http://abc26.trb.com/news/natguard08012005,0,4504131.story

Where to start... Bush cut their funding to deal with hurricanes, took the national guards equipment, stopped his fathers "no net loss" wetlands protection program which Clinton also supported. A program which provides a natural speed bump around N.O. to lessen the severity of hurricanes.

A year ago the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers proposed to study how New Orleans could be protected from a catastrophic hurricane, but the Bush administration ordered that the research not be undertaken. After a flood killed six people in 1995, Congress created the Southeast Louisiana Urban Flood Control Project, in which the Corps of Engineers strengthened and renovated levees and pumping stations. In early 2001, the Federal Emergency Management Agency issued a report stating that a hurricane striking New Orleans was one of the three most likely disasters in the U.S., including a terrorist attack on New York City. But by 2003 the federal funding for the flood control project essentially dried up as it was drained into the Iraq war. In 2004, the Bush administration cut funding requested by the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for holding back the waters of Lake Pontchartrain by more than 80 percent. Additional cuts at the beginning of this year (for a total reduction in funding of 44.2 percent since 2001) forced the New Orleans district of the Corps to impose a hiring freeze. The Senate had debated adding funds for fixing New Orleans' levees, but it was too late.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune, which before the hurricane published a series on the federal funding problem, and whose presses are now underwater, reported online: "No one can say they didn't see it coming ... Now in the wake of one of the worst storms ever, serious questions are being asked about the lack of preparation."

The Bush administration's policy of turning over wetlands to developers almost certainly also contributed to the heightened level of the storm surge. In 1990, a federal task force began restoring lost wetlands surrounding New Orleans. Every two miles of wetland between the Crescent City and the Gulf reduces a surge by half a foot. Bush had promised "no net loss" of wetlands, a policy launched by his father's administration and bolstered by President Clinton. But he reversed his approach in 2003, unleashing the developers. The Army Corps of Engineers and the Environmental Protection Agency then announced they could no longer protect wetlands unless they were somehow related to interstate commerce.

In response to this potential crisis, four leading environmental groups conducted a joint expert study, concluding in 2004 that without wetlands protection New Orleans could be devastated by an ordinary, much less a Category 4 or 5, hurricane. "There's no way to describe how mindless a policy that is when it comes to wetlands protection," said one of the report's authors. The chairman of the White House's Council on Environmental Quality dismissed the study as "highly questionable," and boasted, "Everybody loves what we're doing."
http://service.spiegel.de/cache/international/0,1518,372455,00.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/katrina/story/0,16441,1561356,00.html

In fiscal year 2006, the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is bracing for a record $71.2 million reduction in federal funding.

It would be the largest single-year funding loss ever for the New Orleans district, Corps officials said.

I've been here over 30 years and I've never seen this level of reduction, said Al Naomi, project manager for the New Orleans district. I think part of the problem is it's not so much the reduction, it's the drastic reduction in one fiscal year. It's the immediacy of the reduction that I think is the hardest thing to adapt to.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4200/is_20050606/ai_n14657367#continue

The Bush administration consistently has pushed to trim the Corps' budget. But Congress has been reluctant to follow its lead, and regularly hands the organization several hundred million dollars more than the White House requests.
http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cfm?articleid=32144&dcn=e_tma

The former head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the agency that handles the infrastructure of the nation's waterways, said the damage in New Orleans probably would have been much less extensive had flood-control efforts been fully funded over the years.

"Levees would have been higher, levees would have been bigger, there would have been other pumps put in," said Mike Parker, a former Mississippi congressman who headed the engineering agency from 2001 to 2002

Since 2001, the Army Corps has requested $496 million for that project but the Bush administration only budgeted $166 million

Tensions over funding for the New Orleans levees emerged more than a year ago when a local official asserted money had been diverted to pay for the
Iraq war. In early 2002, Parker told the U.S. Congress that the war on terrorism required spending cuts elsewhere in government.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050901/pl_nm/weather_katrina_funding_dc

scottyz said:
It's stupid to blame the guy whose actions made this disaster far worse than it needed to be? :rofl I bet it wouldn't be so stupid if it was Clintons work though. No it's not completely his fault, but to say he deserves none of the blame is wrong.
I am getting sick and f#$%!ing tired of jerks attempting to make this a political issue, people DIED becuase of a NATURAL disaster,l what part of this is so f#$%king hard for ideologes to understand, this is not a human fault in the beginning, the president has done a bangup job and if Clinton had done the same I would have said so. Now I will ask the braindead Bush haters one thing. What did he specifically do to cause this disaster, and how was he directly derilect in his duty, now keep in mind if you are not in the disaster area that he is the TERTIARY line of defense, also remebering that I am not taking anyone's crap right now.

As I recall you didn't even know your own states National Guard had asked for the return of equipment from Iraq a month prior to this.
http://abc26.trb.com/news/natguard08012005,0,4504131.story
Read the entire article, paragraph two said that everything was taken care of, try again.

Where to start... Bush cut their funding to deal with hurricanes, took the national guards equipment, stopped his fathers "no net loss" wetlands protection program which Clinton also supported. A program which provides a natural speed bump around N.O. to lessen the severity of hurricanes.
Source?

Gandhi>Bush said:
If you were starving, would you steal food from an abandoned and dilapidated grocercy store? Pretend you were black. Pretend you were white. Did the answer change?

Where have you been. This isn't about food and water. It's about looting stores of material goods, TV's, stereo's, cars. It's about loot stores of drugs. It's about holding a Children's Hospital hostage and under gunfire. It's about hold firemen and thier families under siege and killing a deputy sheriff trying to come to thier aid. It's about reports tonight that the military had to clear these thugs out of the second story of the Civic Center by force. It's about firing a rescue helicopters. It's about raping and murder in the Superdome.

So if I pretend I am black then these things are suppose to be OK?

LaMidRighter said:
I am getting sick and f#$%!ing tired of jerks attempting to make this a political issue, people DIED becuase of a NATURAL disaster,l what part of this is so f#$%king hard for ideologes to understand, this is not a human fault in the beginning, the president has done a bangup job and if Clinton had done the same I would have said so. Now I will ask the braindead Bush haters one thing. What did he specifically do to cause this disaster, and how was he directly derilect in his duty, now keep in mind if you are not in the disaster area that he is the TERTIARY line of defense, also remebering that I am not taking anyone's crap right now.
Whether your like it or not or our taking "crap" it is a political issue. The politicians failed and thousands of people are suffering because of it.

Read the entire article, paragraph two said that everything was taken care of, try again.
It says they could get by for now with the assistance of they neighboring states. It doesn't change the fact they asked for the return of equipment.
:rofl See my above post which I can't believe you didn't see..

Quote:
A year ago the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers proposed to study how New Orleans could be protected from a catastrophic hurricane, but the Bush administration ordered that the research not be undertaken. After a flood killed six people in 1995, Congress created the Southeast Louisiana Urban Flood Control Project, in which the Corps of Engineers strengthened and renovated levees and pumping stations. In early 2001, the Federal Emergency Management Agency issued a report stating that a hurricane striking New Orleans was one of the three most likely disasters in the U.S., including a terrorist attack on New York City. But by 2003 the federal funding for the flood control project essentially dried up as it was drained into the Iraq war. In 2004, the Bush administration cut funding requested by the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for holding back the waters of Lake Pontchartrain by more than 80 percent. Additional cuts at the beginning of this year (for a total reduction in funding of 44.2 percent since 2001) forced the New Orleans district of the Corps to impose a hiring freeze. The Senate had debated adding funds for fixing New Orleans' levees, but it was too late.

The New Orleans Times-Picayune, which before the hurricane published a series on the federal funding problem, and whose presses are now underwater, reported online: "No one can say they didn't see it coming ... Now in the wake of one of the worst storms ever, serious questions are being asked about the lack of preparation."

The Bush administration's policy of turning over wetlands to developers almost certainly also contributed to the heightened level of the storm surge. In 1990, a federal task force began restoring lost wetlands surrounding New Orleans. Every two miles of wetland between the Crescent City and the Gulf reduces a surge by half a foot. Bush had promised "no net loss" of wetlands, a policy launched by his father's administration and bolstered by President Clinton. But he reversed his approach in 2003, unleashing the developers. The Army Corps of Engineers and the Environmental Protection Agency then announced they could no longer protect wetlands unless they were somehow related to interstate commerce.

In response to this potential crisis, four leading environmental groups conducted a joint expert study, concluding in 2004 that without wetlands protection New Orleans could be devastated by an ordinary, much less a Category 4 or 5, hurricane. "There's no way to describe how mindless a policy that is when it comes to wetlands protection," said one of the report's authors. The chairman of the White House's Council on Environmental Quality dismissed the study as "highly questionable," and boasted, "Everybody loves what we're doing."
http://service.spiegel.de/cache/inte...372455,00.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/katrina/st...561356,00.html

Quote:
In fiscal year 2006, the New Orleans district of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is bracing for a record $71.2 million reduction in federal funding.

It would be the largest single-year funding loss ever for the New Orleans district, Corps officials said.

I've been here over 30 years and I've never seen this level of reduction, said Al Naomi, project manager for the New Orleans district. I think part of the problem is it's not so much the reduction, it's the drastic reduction in one fiscal year. It's the immediacy of the reduction that I think is the hardest thing to adapt to.
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...57367#continue

Quote:
The Bush administration consistently has pushed to trim the Corps' budget. But Congress has been reluctant to follow its lead, and regularly hands the organization several hundred million dollars more than the White House requests.
http://www.govexec.com/story_page.cf...2144&dcn=e_tma

Quote:
The former head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the agency that handles the infrastructure of the nation's waterways, said the damage in New Orleans probably would have been much less extensive had flood-control efforts been fully funded over the years.

"Levees would have been higher, levees would have been bigger, there would have been other pumps put in," said Mike Parker, a former Mississippi congressman who headed the engineering agency from 2001 to 2002

Since 2001, the Army Corps has requested $496 million for that project but the Bush administration only budgeted $166 million

Tensions over funding for the New Orleans levees emerged more than a year ago when a local official asserted money had been diverted to pay for the
Iraq war. In early 2002, Parker told the U.S. Congress that the war on terrorism required spending cuts elsewhere in government.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050901/...ina_funding_dc

Last edited:
SKILMATIC said:
I dont mind them going into grocery stores. Its the luding of tv's and clothes and jewelry and other things of that nature which is rediculous. How are they going to use them anyway? :lol: Thats my question

What about the raping? What about the murdering? What about the firing at the rescuers. And will the black community do anything about the people perpetrating these acts? Will the black community accept that help could have come to more of them had these acts not have gone on? Don't count on it, all we will here are excuses and shouts or racisim towards anyone with the guts to talk about it.

THAT is what has to be addressed. My brother traveled back to Covington to check on his house today. He carried a gun because his neighbors told him how dangerous it was. I watched the game tonight with 3 couples who evacuated from New Orleans. They are wondering if they will ever move back because the city is so out of hand with lawlessness and too dangerous to live in anymore. This has to be a wake up call to all of us that this behavior, this lifestyle has to end else our entire society is in danger.

scottyz said:
Whether your like it or not or our taking "crap" it is a political issue. The politicians failed and thousands of people are suffering because of it.
The fact that you are on a soap box about this speaks volumes about you, I need say no more.

It says they could get by for now with the assistance of they neighboring states. It doesn't change the fact they asked for the return of equipment.
getting the job done is the bottom line, but then I guess I wouldn't expect your kind to see that.

:rofl See my above post which I can't believe you didn't s
ee..
Whatever chief...... BTW, the Times Picayune is a liberal paper, one source opinions mean nothing to me, have a nice life.

LaMidRighter said:
The fact that you are on a soap box about this speaks volumes about you, I need say no more.
And the fact that you're defending these fools speaks volumes about you.
getting the job done is the bottom line, but then I guess I wouldn't expect your kind to see that.
They requested more equipment to do so, but then I guess I wouldn't expect "your kind" to see that.

Whatever chief...... BTW, the Times Picayune is a liberal paper, one source opinions mean nothing to me, have a nice life.
There were 5 sources there and only one was the "liberal" Times Picayune(your words, not mine). So you're saying none of that is true? Bush didn't hand over the wetlands his father and Clinton were trying to protect to developers? Bush didn't cut their funding or disrupt studies on the subject? Can you prove any of this?

26 X World Champs said:
The Heritage Foundation is a notoriously RIGHT WING, WHITE REPUBLICAN organization. Their "facts" are meaningless and have nothing to do with the ability of the people of New Orleans to evacuate themselves without the actual physical means to do so. How can you be so whacko about this?

They are highly respected and provide full citation for all thier facts. Your dismissal out of hand does not rebut what I previously stated.

1. Your comments are bullshit, sorry. Are you just not smart enough to know that the people who stayed HAD to stay because they had no way of leaving?

Sorry but most admit that they stayed because they choose to. Again where you get the idea that blacks in New Orleans don't drive cars is beyond me. And for that matter there were lots of whites who didn't leave either, but they didn't riot and create anarchy.

2. When you evacuated, how did you leave? Let me guess? You got into your car and drove off, right? What would you do if you didn't have a car or the money to leave, how would you evacuate then?

You get on a bus, you ride with someone else, it's one good reason to make sure you have enought education to get a job so you can afford a car. But you keep ignoring the fact that in interview after interview the people said they stayed because they CHOOSE to not because they could not leave.

I believe only small minded people are ignorant enough to blame the actions of a few on the majority.

I blame the actions of the few on the total break down of black society as a whole on the refusal of that society to stop those among them who commit such acts, on the societal attitude that roiting is an accetable behavior whenever one doesn't get what they want, that protecting the "brotha" is more important than civil behavior, that if you can take it it is yours. That claiming oppression gives you permission to burn down the property of others.

I think it's a lame smokescreen for racism when someone apparently is unable to express any compassion for the obvious human suffering that we have witnessed this week.

I have all the compassion in the world for them, but THEY have to act against those who are causing the suffering and thier refusal to do so has to stop. Instead they blame everyone else.

To make it sound like this natural disaster is due to black people choosing to stay in an underwater city so that they can rip everyone off is incredible.

I have no doubt that many stayed there preciesly because they new the bounty would be waiting as soon as the winds died down and in that society that is acceptable behavior.

When I see the people who stole and pillage get turned in by their fellow citizens so the courts can prosecute I will be convinced differently. This is not the first occasion of this.

To me, opinions like that are the dark side of America, the worst side of our nation.

The dark side of our nation, the worst side of our nation is what you are seeing in New Orleans. You don't see it in the majoirity white cities which have been hit just as hard if not worse.

The people who believe this are the people that are hurting America this week, last week, and will continue to do so because they're beliefs are based in hate and racism.

The people who are hurting our nation are those who are committing these acts and those who refuse to do anything about it and prefer to deny the reality of what is happening.

Am I the only one in Debate Politics who thinks this statement is outrageously racist?

Probably not but then most don't have a clue as to what racisim is in the first place.

Can there be a more racist remark than this? Can there be a stupider post than this? I condemn anyone who would write posts that contain crap like this! It's shameful, evil and wrong, wrong, wrong!

And because there are people with an attitude such as yours that it is better to ignore the reality, to deny the obvious, to do nothing, to not call for change that this will continue.

Dude, when you write untruths

DUDE you haven't shown one untruth in my post, you have simply attempted to deny.

Tell you what, let's submerge the MS Coast too,

It was and parts still are, and what isn't has nothing left on it. The MS coast got the worst of it.

remove all food and water

It was, but then the citizens there didn't shot at those who were bringing in the aid.

and isolate hundreds of thousands of refugees and then tell me how different it would be than New Orleans?

They are and the difference is they no how to act civilly and as human beings.

Or, maybe it's better because no one is stuck in the attics of their homes without any food or water or stuck in a sports arena with 30,000 others who are also homeless, dirty, hungry and thirsty?

it's better because they are not firing on the firemen and police who are there to help them. It's better because they are not commiting rape and murder and if anyone there does they will be turned over to the police.

"His people"? Maybe I'm wrong but "his people" were AMERICANS. We're all Americans and that is what we all have in common. We're Americans first. Race has nothing to do with this, nothing. "His people"! UGH!!!

I have nothing in common with people who pillage and rape and murder during times of crisis.

The point you miss is that black society has to have a major shift in attitude and behavior. The acceptance of violence as a solution to problems, the acceptence of lawlessness as a way of life, the belief that they are "due" something therefore it is OK to steal from others has to be called down and ended. And it has to be done from within the community else this type of sitution we see in New Orleans will happen again and again and again.

26 X World Champs said:
Do you have anything to contribute to the debate or are you all about spam?

Maybe you agree with Stinger, is that your side of this debate? Where do you stand? Stinger wrote that he wants to put barbed wire around all the Blacks in New Orleans, do you agree?

Don't mistrepresent what I said. I want black society to be lawful and peaceful and productive. I want black society to be protective of itself and the rest of us. It isn't. The government is being blamed for what has happend so I asked what is government to do next time and posed the rhetorical put barbed wire around the black community unitl it is over? What do you do with a lawless community? You tell me.

Do you agree that everyone in New Orleans has cars and they should have simply driven out of harm's way and since they didn't Fuc%k 'em?

And again don't misrepresent what I said, the majority do and to a tee those being asked by reporters why they didn't leave do NOT say they couldn't they say they CHOOSE not to. You CHOOSE to keep ignoring this, why?

scottyz said:
LaMidRighter said:
And the fact that you're defending these fools speaks volumes about you.

They requested more equipment to do so, but then I guess I wouldn't expect "your kind" to see that.
First off, I know my state well, all you "know" is what you selectively pick out. I am defending the president because this WAS OUR RESPONSIBILITY first, the fact that you automatically blame the president once again shows your agenda, and I have no time for that crap.

There were 5 sources there and only one was the "liberal" Times Picayune(your words, not mine). So you're saying none of that is true? Bush didn't hand over the wetlands his father and Clinton were trying to protect to developers? Bush didn't cut their funding or disrupt studies on the subject? Can you prove any of this?
Really? For True?:roll: seriously, get a grip, Louisiana owns it's wetlands and so then that would make the logical members of this country stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the president is innocent of that which you accuse him.

26 X World Champs said:
What are you saying? You think I need to have "evidence" to prove that barb wiring in Blacks is wrong? Surely you jest (and I promise not to call you Surely again)? :mrgreen:

Do you need me to find an impossible statistic to tell you that the very poor in America do not own cars?

How about you contributing YOUR point of view? Are you capable of that?

From the Census Bureau as reported in the Heritage Foundations annual report on poverty in America
*Forty-six percent of all poor households actually own their own homes. The average home owned by persons classified as poor by the Census Bureau is a three-bedroom house with one-and-a-half baths, a garage, and a porch or patio.
*Seventy-six percent of poor households have air conditioning. By contrast, 30 years ago, only 36 percent of the entire U.S. population enjoyed air conditioning.
*Only 6 percent of poor households are overcrowded. More than two-thirds have more than two rooms per person.
*The typical poor American has more living space than the average individual living in Paris, London, Vienna, Athens, and other cities throughout Europe. (These comparisons are to the average citizens in foreign countries, not to those classified as poor.)
*Nearly three-quarters of poor households own a car; 30 percent own two or more cars.
*Ninety-seven percent of poor households have a color television; over half own two or more color televisions.
*Seventy-eight percent have a VCR or DVD player; 62 percent have cable or satellite TV reception.
*Seventy-three percent own microwave ovens, more than half have a stereo, and a third have an automatic dishwasher.

But you continue to make a pointless arguement, the many interviews prove that most could have left but they choose not to, which meant that rescuing and coming to the aid of those who truly could not was made exponiatially more difficult.

Last edited:
LaMidRighter said:
First off, I know my state well, all you "know" is what you selectively pick out. I am defending the president because this WAS OUR RESPONSIBILITY first, the fact that you automatically blame the president once again shows your agenda, and I have no time for that crap.
It was Bush's responsibility to give N.O. the money it needed and keep those wetlands protected like Bush sr. and Clinton did.

The fact that you don't blame him at all shows your agenda.

Really? For True?:roll: seriously, get a grip, Louisiana owns it's wetlands and so then that would make the logical members of this country stop to think that maybe, just maybe, the president is innocent of that which you accuse him.
So you can't disprove any of it? Thanks for playing I guess...

The Bush haters of the country must be salivating with glee as they watch reporters slip in their personal political views as they exploit the situation.

Blaming Bush is a simpleton's task bred purely out of frustration and panic. For the people not even involved it is merely a chance to personally attack someone they are angry at for other events. Bush's job is to find out what went wrong and to fix it. It didn't start and stop at his door step. Because of the way things unfolded, so far their is blame to go around everywhere and they haven't even started to investigate yet.

Stinger said:
Where have you been. This isn't about food and water. It's about looting stores of material goods, TV's, stereo's, cars. It's about loot stores of drugs. It's about holding a Children's Hospital hostage and under gunfire. It's about hold firemen and thier families under siege and killing a deputy sheriff trying to come to thier aid. It's about reports tonight that the military had to clear these thugs out of the second story of the Civic Center by force. It's about firing a rescue helicopters. It's about raping and murder in the Superdome.

So if I pretend I am black then these things are suppose to be OK?

Do you really think that this is a racial issue? Do you think it's appropriate to bring Martin Luther King into this and then say that a particular race is resposible for such acts? This isn't about black people. This isn't about white people.

Gandhi>Bush said:
Do you really think that this is a racial issue? Do you think it's appropriate to bring Martin Luther King into this and then say that a particular race is resposible for such acts? This isn't about black people. This isn't about white people.

Say that to Kanye's face...

NEW YORK - A celebrity telethon for Hurricane Katrina survivors took an unexpected turn when outspoken rapper Kanye West went off script during the live broadcast, declaring America is set up "to help the poor, the black people, the less well-off as slow as possible."...

...Comedian Mike Myers was paired with West for a 90-second segment that began with Myers speaking of Katrina's devastation. Then, to Myers' evident surprise, West began a rant by saying, "I hate the way they portray us in the media. If you see a black family, it says they're looting. See a white family, it says they're looking for food."

While allowing that "the Red Cross is doing everything they can," West _ who delivered an emotional outburst at the American Music Awards after he was snubbed for an award _ declared that government authorities are intentionally dragging their feet on aid to the Gulf Coast. Without getting specific, he added, "They've given them permission to go down and shoot us."

After he stated, "George Bush doesn't care about black people," the camera cut away to comedian Chris Tucker.

http://www.comcast.net/entertainment/index.jsp?cat=ENTERTAINMENT&fn=/2005/09/03/214193.html

Last edited:
I was watching. I thought that was the most selfish **** I'd ever seen. These people need help and he brings his moronic political views into a frickin' telethon. It's not black people that need help, it's Americans, and it shouldn't have go beyond that.

JOHNYJ said:
Planning does not seem to be President Bush and the Republicans forte. Iraq is a mess and now we have the Gulf coast . It is a national disgrace too bad were not having an election next week.

How much planning did Mayor Nevin and Governor Blanco put into their evacuation plan?

Gandhi>Bush said:
If you were starving, would you steal food from an abandoned and dilapidated grocercy store? Pretend you were black. Pretend you were white. Did the answer change?

It doesn't freaking matter. What myself and other are objecting to is the theft of guns, TVs, DVDs, etc. A small percentage of looters? Yes. Criminal? Yes. Destabilizing? Yes!

Back
Top Bottom