• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How well is Bush handling Katrina's aftermath?

• Good

Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Fair

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Average

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Poorly

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • Very Poorly

Votes: 17 27.9%

• Total voters
Huh? This is DEBATE POLITICS, and this is a thread DEBATING how Bush et al. have handled the Katrina aftermath.

I think you should mind your own business and not tell someone else to not express their opinions. You are trying to censor people. You have no right to do so.

So instead of telling me to "knock it off" maybe you should take your own advice and "knock off" telling others what they can or cannot write.

Listen TO ME. I will not tolerate politicizing this tragedy. I am not censoring. Amatter a fact I agree with your anecdotes but this isnt the time for it this is a time for only 100% HELPING. If you want to point fingers now and politicize this instead of helping our fellow countrymen the you are astonishingly cruel. You will have no integrity if you keep using spiteful comments to politicize this awful thing.

You want to help and and speak? Try helping us with new ideas to help those in need.

But if you want to continue to point fingers in this while your brothers and sisters are dying then go for it. No one will ever hold you to be of any credibility sir. I suggest you chose wisely.

SKILMATIC said:
Listen TO ME. I will not tolerate politicizing this tragedy. I am not censoring.
Dude, you have no right to tell someone what to, and what not to post. You write what you want and I will do the same.

You can always put me on ignore if your panties are in a bunch.

Here's a novel idea. You stop telling others what to write here and instead discuss what they've written, or why both replying? If you don't want to debate then I suggest that you stop posting.

Planning does not seem to be President Bush and the Republicans forte. Iraq is a mess and now we have the Gulf coast . It is a national disgrace too bad were not having an election next week.

Dude, you have no right to tell someone what to, and what not to post. You write what you want and I will do the same.

You can always put me on ignore if your panties are in a bunch.

Here's a novel idea. You stop telling others what to write here and instead discuss what they've written, or why both replying? If you don't want to debate then I suggest that you stop posting.

I have already criticaized everyone in government for this and I basically agree with you and johnny. However this is not the time for that right now. Its a time for help and optimism. We must stand together and help our fellow americans.

Your right I dont. However, I do have the right to tell you that you are wrong for what you are doing right now. You really think the people of new orleans really care what they think? I think they care more to feed themselves and to hydrate themselves casue they are dying rather than point fingers at whose responsible.

Please I beg you, you are not helping the situation with what you are doing right now. At least wait till all this gets taken care of and I will be right there with you criticising the president and everyone down the government chain for their actions. But now is not the time sir.

26 X World Champs said:
Incredible that anyone could ask such an ignorant question! I suppose the author never stopped to think that the people who he believes "wanted to stay" had no choice, they had no way to leave! It is incredibley stupid for anyone to believe that people simply wanted to stay and chose not to leave, especially after the water started rising. PATHETIC QUESTION.

Then explain why person after person after person being interviewed on TV or radio when asked the question "why didn't you leave" respond "I didn't think it would be that bad" or "I just didn't want to go". The fact is most of the poor have cars and places to go, there were shelters put up and made available outside the city. I have evacuated twice in the past year for hurricanes and the ones I stayed for made sure I was prepared for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsburns
Who's fault is it that the stranded people are looting and stealing guns?

Yet another outrageously stupid question! On a roll! "Stealing Guns" as if that is what the vast majority of refugees are doing!

Guns were a top target of the looters. Then they turned them on the rescue workers and firemen and families trapped in buildings. It's an outrageously stupid statement to deny what is actually happeneing and utter denial of the reality of the situation there.

Had our government had enough military personnel in place law and order would have been restored quickly. The failure of government at all levels is as responsible for the continuing looting as any other reason. I'm not suggesting that the looters are not totally and completely guilty and should be prosecuted if possible. What I am saying is that had the government been doing their job providing protection to citizens the looting would not have been nearly as severe as it now is.

Well first of all citizens should not take emergencies as the time to score bounty. Second they shouldn't take pride in it. This is not the first time black societies have taken advantage of such situtations to steal and pilage. You notice there is no looting to any extent going on in Gulfport or Biloxi or Pascagula or where I live on the Alabama coast. Nor are rescue workers being shot at, hospital being put under armed siege, or evactuations being halted because they are being shot at. I don't know what we are going to do about it in the future. I guess we can somehow barbwire around black communities to keep them under control but I think there would be an outcry if we did. What is your solution? Yes the GOVENOR should have had more National Guard on call but the fact is they could not have been stage in New Orlean else they be killed by the storm too. And no one knew preciesly where it was going to hit so they cannot be staged close to the coast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stsburns
Who's fault is it that they are starving?

Just when I thought the questions could not get any stupider the author writes this! Incredible in it's outrageously meanness too!

Well you are trying to find fault why should they be exluded from the equation? Along with the Govenor and Mayor for why they did not have water and food delivered to the people on the overpasses or to the convention center.

Simple answer to the stupid question is FEMA is responsible for the horrid living conditions and lack of basics like food and water.

No it is not, the local EMA is responsible. President Bush declared a national emergency TWO FRIGGEN DAYS BEFORE it hit. That allowed the local and state governments to streamline THEIR request for aid from FEMA. FEMA administers and directs money to those agencies. There was/is no lack of federal money. Blanco is going to have to answer for her pitiful leadership and abosulte cluelessness during this crisis. Nagen has tried but has also failed in a lot of ways to get things done that had to be done. Granted he was working with a situation never before seen in this country.

Government failed and it's citizens are suffering. I am shocked that anyone would write such nastiness. This is a shameful post IMHO.

The question is which governement and why do you ignore the failure of the black society that lives there? What is going to be done about that to prevent this from happening again?

Stinger said:
Then explain why person after person after person being interviewed on TV or radio when asked the question "why didn't you leave" respond "I didn't think it would be that bad" or "I just didn't want to go".
What channel are you watching, "The Racist Network"? Get real! Your statements are incredibly misinformed at best, and outrageously evil at worst.
Stinger said:
The fact is most of the poor have cars and places to go
Now you really have outdone yourself. Without doubt this statement is the stupidest remark I've read in this thread. Where do you get your information from? I'm incredibly interested to see you prove that most poor people have cars! They're living below the poverty line but they have automobiles! Do they park them at their country clubs? How can anyone, even the most ignorant and racist amongst us write that:
The fact is most of the poor have cars and places to go
Stinger said:
there were shelters put up and made available outside the city. I have evacuated twice in the past year for hurricanes and the ones I stayed for made sure I was prepared for.
You're right they opened shelters at the Superdome and Convention Center. Did you somehow miss how that's going? Are you so incredibly blind that you were unable to tell how badly people are suffering? Did you miss the reports about the potential for thousands of deaths? Did you not see the elderly people who are infirmed and incapable of evacuating themselves near death? This post you wrote is even more outrageous and nasty than the previous one you posted. My opinion of you, if I actually wrote it in this thread would probably get me suspended, so please use your furtive mind to figure out my contempt for your posts?
Stinger said:
Guns were a top target of the looters. Then they turned them on the rescue workers and firemen and families trapped in buildings. It's an outrageously stupid statement to deny what is actually happeneing and utter denial of the reality of the situation there.
No, food, water, diapers and dry clothing were the TOP target of the looters. How anyone can be so ignorant to believe that GUNS were the "top target" of looters is amazing, amazingly racist IMHO!

I can smell racism in people's posts a mile away. When I read that someone thinks that poor people all have cars and that their main objective in looting was to steal guns I think something stinks big time.

Did you see how some news agencies are reporting the looting? This picture from the AP had the following caption:

A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005.

The AFP/Getty Images caption describes lighter skinned (white) people "finding" bread and soda from a grocery store. No stores are open to sell these goods.
looting.jpg

Stinger said:
This is not the first time black societies have taken advantage of such situtations to steal and pilage. You notice there is no looting to any extent going on in Gulfport or Biloxi or Pascagula or where I live on the Alabama coast.
I think your words are self-explanatory and no further comment from me are necessary. Funny, I saw reports of looters in your part of the world breaking into slot machines, Wal-Mart, Grocery Stores etc.? Maybe it's worse in New Orleans because the entire city is under water and people are trapped? How many people are trapped in Gulfport and Biloxi?

You really wrote this, didn't you:
Stinger said:
This is not the first time black societies have taken advantage of such situtations to steal and pilage.
Stinger said:
I guess we can somehow barbwire around black communities to keep them under control but I think there would be an outcry if we did.
I read this and the word "creepy" comes to mind. Sadness too. It's stunning to see anyone in 2005 America post a suggestion that we sepearate black communities from everyone else, no less using barbed wire to do it.
Stinger said:
The question is which governement and why do you ignore the failure of the black society that lives there? What is going to be done about that to prevent this from happening again?
Martin Luther King's words still ring true today:
We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
Segregation is the adultery of an illicit intercourse between injustice and immorality.

Last edited:
Excuse me people. Stop the arguing. This is a time for help not bickering.

Thank you

Even if the poor in N.O. did have running automobiles they probably still couldn't afford the gasoline to run them. Gas hasn't exactly been cheap under the Bush+ big oil administration.

SKILMATIC said:
Excuse me people. Stop the arguing. This is a time for help not bickering.

Thank you
Have you even bothered to read the title of this thread? Your continuous and repeated posts demanding that people stop posting to me, are spam. Please stop spamming this site.

Click ignore or avoid this thread all together if you can't deal with debating the topic. YIKES!

looting.jpg

Have you even bothered to read the title of this thread? Your continuous and repeated posts demanding that people stop posting to me, are spam. Please stop spamming this site.

Do you even bother to read? Look at who made this thread sir. I think I(SKILMATIC) is the individual who made this thread.

So again, just either dont post here or start your own hateful, non-constrcuctiveness, sptieful, finger pointing, life hating, bicker having thread.

Do I need to go on?

Or do you get the point finally?

Well simply just read my first post in this thread. I think you will find it that I we actually agree with each other just that this isnt the time for it right now.

Ok?

26 X World Champs said:
What channel are you watching, "The Racist Network"? Get real! Your statements are incredibly misinformed at best, and outrageously evil at worst.

I'm watching the reality channel and my local networks, that is when I'm not cleaning up hurricane damage. Perhaps you and others need to watch a little more reality channel.

Now you really have outdone yourself. Without doubt this statement is the stupidest remark I've read in this thread. Where do you get your information from? I'm incredibly interested to see you prove that most poor people have cars! They're living below the poverty line but they have automobiles! Do they park them at their country clubs? How can anyone, even the most ignorant and racist amongst us write that:

You're right they opened shelters at the Superdome and Convention Center. Did you somehow miss how that's going? Are you so incredibly blind that you were unable to tell how badly people are suffering? Did you miss the reports about the potential for thousands of deaths? Did you not see the elderly people who are infirmed and incapable of evacuating themselves near death? This post you wrote is even more outrageous and nasty than the previous one you posted. My opinion of you, if I actually wrote it in this thread would probably get me suspended, so please use your furtive mind to figure out my contempt for your posts?

No, food, water, diapers and dry clothing were the TOP target of the looters. How anyone can be so ignorant to believe that GUNS were the "top target" of looters is amazing, amazingly racist IMHO!

I can smell racism in people's posts a mile away. When I read that someone thinks that poor people all have cars and that their main objective in looting was to steal guns I think something stinks big time.

Did you see how some news agencies are reporting the looting? This picture from the AP had the following caption:

A young man walks through chest deep flood water after looting a grocery store in New Orleans on Tuesday, Aug. 30, 2005.

The AFP/Getty Images caption describes lighter skinned (white) people "finding" bread and soda from a grocery store. No stores are open to sell these goods.
looting.jpg

I think your words are self-explanatory and no further comment from me are necessary. Funny, I saw reports of looters in your part of the world breaking into slot machines, Wal-Mart, Grocery Stores etc.? Maybe it's worse in New Orleans because the entire city is under water and people are trapped? How many people are trapped in Gulfport and Biloxi?

You really wrote this, didn't you:

I read this and the word "creepy" comes to mind. Sadness too. It's stunning to see anyone in 2005 America post a suggestion that we sepearate black communities from everyone else, no less using barbed wire to do it.

Martin Luther King's words still ring true today:[/quote]

SKILMATIC said:
Do you even bother to read? Look at who made this thread sir. I think I(SKILMATIC) is the individual who made this thread.

So again, just either dont post here or start your own hateful, non-constrcuctiveness, sptieful, finger pointing, life hating, bicker having thread.

Do I need to go on?

Or do you get the point finally?
I think you need to stop taking credit for $hit you've not done. You did NOT start this thread. It's freaky that you think you did.

Maybe if you stopped patting yourself on the back in almost every post that you write you would be more focused on the topic. If the topic is:
then it sure seems logical to me to debate the topic. You keep spamming this thread telling people to stop discussing the topic. What's wrong with you?

BTW - Even if you had started the thread that does not give you ownership or control over what people post. If you need to see happy posts about the "great" job that FEMA et al has done in New Orleans maybe you need to start a new website? This site, IMHO, was created for people to DEBATE, not to kiss each other's butts.

26 X World Champs said:

I'm watching the reality channel and living it as well. Just got through cleaning up my last hurricane mess. Perhaps you should be watching a little more reality channel.

Go to the Heritage foundation they post poverty stats yearly. The fact, the reality remains that person after person interviewed admits they didn't leave because they CHOOSE not to leave. I have evacuated twice in the last year because I had the good sense to do so.

You're right they opened shelters at the Superdome and Convention Center.

Which quickly became the centers of horrible crimes and animalistic behavior.

Did you somehow miss how that's going?

Not at all that is preciesly my point I DO see what is going on.

Are you so incredibly blind that you were unable to tell how badly people are suffering? Did you miss the reports about the potential for thousands of deaths?

Are you so incredibly blind to see that the behavior of that society is preventing the care and attention those people need? Rescurers being shot at, hospitals under siege, drugs being looted, evacuation buses being shot at.

Did you not see the elderly people who are infirmed and incapable of evacuating themselves near death?

Yes and I also see the expontially more who a not elderly and are not infirmed and openly state they just didn't want to leave. Where you get the idea that the poor in New Orleans don't have cars is beyond me. I go there quite often and there are cars everywhere.

This post you wrote is even more outrageous and nasty than the previous one you posted. My opinion of you, if I actually wrote it in this thread would probably get me suspended, so please use your furtive mind to figure out my contempt for your posts?

Well it's too bad you have to try and counter my statements with personal ones but the fact is I am the one here is is willing to talk about the reality of the situation. Hiding from, denying it will not solve it.

No, food, water, diapers and dry clothing were the TOP target of the looters.

I have no problem if people get food that will spoil anyway, or water that is needed. But what you are claiming is not the case. Guns, drugs, TV's clothes were the targets.

How anyone can be so ignorant to believe that GUNS were the "top target" of looters is amazing, amazingly racist IMHO!

How anyone can deny it is amazing, it's reality and widely reported.

No you can't and you certainly can see reality when it hits you in the face.

Did you see how some news agencies are reporting the looting?

Yes and I've also talked with friends and family caught up in it. My statements still stand.

I think your words are self-explanatory and no further comment from me are necessary. Funny, I saw reports of looters in your part of the world breaking into slot machines, Wal-Mart, Grocery Stores etc.?

And the ones breaking into slots should be arrested too. But there is no anarchy on the MS coast, they are not shooting at thier rescuers, they are not running around in armed gangs raping and murdering.

Maybe it's worse in New Orleans because the entire city is under water and people are trapped? How many people are trapped in Gulfport and Biloxi?

Maybe it's better in Biloxi and Gulfport because the citizens there know how to act civilly and not like animals.

Then you tell me how the mayor and the governor were to prevent to anarchy that prevailed?

Martin Luther King's words still ring true today:

MLK is probably turning over in his grave seeing how his people are acting. He probably has tears running down his face. Where are the so called black leaders condemning this behavior?

This is not about racisim this is about the reality of the situation. The question is how to deal with it. People are suffering because resources have to be directed to security, security that is only needed because of a society that breeds people who have no respect for the law and the property of others, people who will prey on those in need and in the most helpless situations. Until we are able to discuss it honestly there will be no solution.

Stinger said:
MLK is probably turning over in his grave seeing how his people are acting. He probably has tears running down his face. Where are the so called black leaders condemning this behavior?

If you were starving, would you steal food from an abandoned and dilapidated grocercy store? Pretend you were black. Pretend you were white. Did the answer change?

If you were starving, would you steal food from an abandoned and dilapidated grocercy store? Pretend you were black. Pretend you were white. Did the answer change?

I dont mind them going into grocery stores. Its the luding of tv's and clothes and jewelry and other things of that nature which is rediculous. How are they going to use them anyway? :lol: Thats my question

FAIR! I can't believe that people can't see where we could have done better and voted "Good". Being in the military, I know how fast a unit can be ready to go in a crisis. Even the Air Force, who has barely an incination of this War on Terror, are mostly in CONUS and could have been prepared to act in some way. On that same note, I can't believe that people are fully aware of the issues with getting anything quickly through our system of jurisdictions and paper work that they would vote "Very Pooly."

I don't think there is much to debate just yet, because nobody really knows anything. So far we have been witness to a despicable exploitation of a bad situation. There are many that are jumping to blame a single individual out of panic and frustration.

1) Why did it take the national guard so long to mobilize? Because it's the National Guard and reacting quickly is not what they do. By the way, the President did not just arbritrarily decide to send aid days later. He sent them when they were finally prepared to go and after the danger had subsided. Being a part of Humanitarian efforts around the world, you cannot not just rush in to help. It does no good to get yourself into some trouble, so that now a seperate force has to be launched to rescue you too.

2. Why did it take so long for the Federal Government and it's many different departments to organize efforts? You got about a dozen places to investigate, because I'm sure there was beaurocratic BS all over the place screwing this one up.

3. What did the local governments do to prepare themselves from the storm and could they have done more? And no...sitting on their butts and playing the blame game because of the absence of their National Guard is not acceptable. If they were there it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway, because they would have been swept up by the storm just like the rest of the civilians and help still would have had to come from out of state.

People are taking advantage of the situation to blast away at the President. Same crap, different event. Turn your news medias off and let the reporters that are throwing in their political opinions as they report the facts influence someone else. What is routinely disgusting is our media and their ability to get in the way. They exist not for "truth". They exist to create contraversy and to sell juicy tabloid like pieces of information to the masses by placing the President under a microscope every time something happens. There is enough problems going on down south and the numerous reasons our government and local governments failed to get aid to the victims in time without refocusing attention on what ever a reporter can dig up on the President. On our own soil, they cannot even let humanitarian aid commence without trying to push their way into the situation like vultures so that they can create malicious and juicy stories before the next station does it.

Much like 9/11 when the President was accused of not caring because he sat in a class room for an extra twenty minutes, people are already hastening to show how much our President doesn't care about our recent disaster because he did not rush to fill sandbags amidst the looting. Today there was two seperate killings reported that were made by a National Guardsman and a Policeman. They were quite possibly erronous shootings and I'm sure their were some prior facts involved that led to what happened, but does that matter? Not to the media and those that salivate as they view it.

Eyes on the crisis people. There will be time afterwards to chop off heads and I suspect that there will be enough blame and screw ups to go all around. OR we can not even bother ourselves with such investigations and closer looks and simply blame the President....that's what so many want to do anyway...isn't it? On a side note....maybe we can remember how many Americans died this week and try to find ways to prevent such a disaster from happening again.

PS.....Trying not to be racial....but isn't this the same animalistic behavior we witnessed in L.A. a little ways back? It's not all about bread and milk. It's about taking advantage of a situation. Our media has good company.

Last edited:
Awwe gunny, I love reading your posts. :2razz:

Stinger said:
Go to the Heritage foundation they post poverty stats yearly.
The Heritage Foundation is a notoriously RIGHT WING, WHITE REPUBLICAN organization. Their "facts" are meaningless and have nothing to do with the ability of the people of New Orleans to evacuate themselves without the actual physical means to do so. How can you be so whacko about this?
Stinger said:
The fact, the reality remains that person after person interviewed admits they didn't leave because they CHOOSE not to leave. I have evacuated twice in the last year because I had the good sense to do so.
1. Your comments are bullshit, sorry. Are you just not smart enough to know that the people who stayed HAD to stay because they had no way of leaving? IF they had to stay and they were then asked why didn't they leave they would have to answer that they chose to stay BECAUSE that was their ONLY choice. What did you expect them to do, walk out of New Orleans? Talk about being separated from reality! I cannot state strongly enough how wrong I think you are believing that these poor people had a choice when it came to evacuating. Why don't you ask President Bush his opinion?

2. When you evacuated, how did you leave? Let me guess? You got into your car and drove off, right? What would you do if you didn't have a car or the money to leave, how would you evacuate then?
Stinger said:
Not at all that is preciesly my point I DO see what is going on.

Are you so incredibly blind to see that the behavior of that society is preventing the care and attention those people need? Rescurers being shot at, hospitals under siege, drugs being looted, evacuation buses being shot at.
I believe only small minded people are ignorant enough to blame the actions of a few on the majority. I think it's a lame smokescreen for racism when someone apparently is unable to express any compassion for the obvious human suffering that we have witnessed this week. To make it sound like this natural disaster is due to black people choosing to stay in an underwater city so that they can rip everyone off is incredible. To me, opinions like that are the dark side of America, the worst side of our nation. The people who believe this are the people that are hurting America this week, last week, and will continue to do so because they're beliefs are based in hate and racism.
Stinger said:
Where you get the idea that the poor in New Orleans don't have cars is beyond me. I go there quite often and there are cars everywhere.
Am I the only one in Debate Politics who thinks this statement is outrageously racist? Can there be a more racist remark than this? Can there be a stupider post than this? I condemn anyone who would write posts that contain crap like this! It's shameful, evil and wrong, wrong, wrong!
Stinger said:
I have no problem if people get food that will spoil anyway, or water that is needed. But what you are claiming is not the case. Guns, drugs, TV's clothes were the targets.
Dude, when you write untruths like this there's no point in debating with you. Are you really this ignorant or do you just really hate minorities?
Stinger said:
And the ones breaking into slots should be arrested too. But there is no anarchy on the MS coast, they are not shooting at thier rescuers, they are not running around in armed gangs raping and murdering.
Tell you what, let's submerge the MS Coast too, remove all food and water and isolate hundreds of thousands of refugees and then tell me how different it would be than New Orleans?
Stinger said:
Maybe it's better in Biloxi and Gulfport because the citizens there know how to act civilly and not like animals.
Or, maybe it's better because no one is stuck in the attics of their homes without any food or water or stuck in a sports arena with 30,000 others who are also homeless, dirty, hungry and thirsty?
Stinger said:
MLK is probably turning over in his grave seeing how his people are acting. He probably has tears running down his face.
"His people"? Maybe I'm wrong but "his people" were AMERICANS. We're all Americans and that is what we all have in common. We're Americans first. Race has nothing to do with this, nothing. "His people"! UGH!!!

Last edited:
O there goes world champs again world domination again.

SKILMATIC said:
O there goes world champs again world domination again.
Do you have anything to contribute to the debate or are you all about spam?

Maybe you agree with Stinger, is that your side of this debate? Where do you stand? Stinger wrote that he wants to put barbed wire around all the Blacks in New Orleans, do you agree? Do you agree that everyone in New Orleans has cars and they should have simply driven out of harm's way and since they didn't Fuc%k 'em?

Or, are you going to continue to write one sentence spam posts complaining that people in this thread are debating?

Do you have anything to contribute to the debate or are you all about spam?

Oh I cant beleive you just called my eloquent post a bunch of spam!!

O I am completely shocked!!!

:lol:

And no I dont agree with those points that you stated about stinger but I also dont agree with you either. Never have agree with any of your posts becasue they are garbage rhetoric that has no evidentiary support to back them fair enough?

GySgt said:
FAIR! I can't believe that people can't see where we could have done better and voted "Good". Being in the military, I know how fast a unit can be ready to go in a crisis. Even the Air Force, who has barely an inclination of this War on Terror, are mostly in CONUS and could have been prepared to act in some way.
I agree with you! I've not understood why our incredible military was not mobilized immediately. It defies logic.
GySgt said:
3. What did the local governments do to prepare themselves from the storm and could they have done more? And no...sitting on their butts and playing the blame game because of the absence of their National Guard is not acceptable. If they were there it wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway, because they would have been swept up by the storm just like the rest of the civilians and help still would have had to come from out of state.
Again, I agree completely. The local governments were mostly powerless and they needed quick reaction and help from the Fed.
GySgt said:
People are taking advantage of the situation to blast away at the President. Same crap, different event.
Don't you think it goes with the job? I think no matter who is President in circumstances like this all eyes are going to be on the President because we want him to lead us out of the crisis. We being ALL AMERICANS and that includes Democrats and Liberals. Who in their right mind wants the President to mess up helping our fellow Americans? As with 9-11 this crisis goes way, way beyond partisan politics.

Now, does that mean that once the dust settles that partisanship will not dominate both sides of the aisle? No, it does not. Politics demand partisanship once the crisis abates. At that point I hope there will be an independent commission report a la the 9-11 Commission that will fairly determine what went wrong and right and what can be done to help prevent the depth of this crisis in the future.

Ok let me diegress. Mabe that was a little too harsh. I actually do agree with you the way the admin has handled new orleans but i dont agree with the fact that its not the time to be discussing these things.

SKILMATIC said:
And no I dont agree with those points that you stated about stinger but I also dont agree with you either. Never have agree with any of your posts becasue they are garbage rhetoric that has no evidentiary support to back them fair enough?
What are you saying? You think I need to have "evidence" to prove that barb wiring in Blacks is wrong? Surely you jest (and I promise not to call you Surely again)? :mrgreen:

Do you need me to find an impossible statistic to tell you that the very poor in America do not own cars?

How about you contributing YOUR point of view? Are you capable of that?

Back
Top Bottom