• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How The Republican Governor Of Utah Just Shamed His Entire Party

Women's civil rights are not being violated. Women are free to compete with the transgender kids. And 99% of these transgender kids will probably never even have a shot at a scholarship.

Life isn't always fair. It certainly isn't fair for these transgender kids just trying to find happiness and a sense of belonging in a society that is hostile to them.

Do you also want to get rid of affirmative action? Sometimes smart white kids lose scholarships to smart minority kids. Those are the choices that we make as a society.
Your answer is life isnt fair????

I believe that was the answer given by bigots throughout the course of history

My god

Your answer is life isnt fair????
That's what I said, isn't it? It's definitely not fair for transgenders, either.

I believe that was the answer given by bigots throughout the course of history
Well, you want to get rid of affirmative action. So you don't have much room to talk.

To the shock of most people in Utah, Governor Spencer Cox just vetoed a bill that would have stopped transgender children from playing school sports.

Cox wrote a letter explaining his decision, noting that there are just four trans kids playing school sports in the entire state of Utah, and only one is a trans girl.

Cox compares that to the 86 percent of trans youths reporting suicidality and the 56 percent who say they’ve attempted suicide, according to one study (other studies show similar results).

He also wrote the following in his letter. --

I admire no one in the Republican Party. However, if I were to admire a Republican, it would be Spencer Cox.

Well done, Sir. Your stand on this issue took a lot of moral courage in your insanely crazy GOP state.

Well I guess if theres ONLY ONE little girl that loses her competition because she was forced to go up against a boy, then that would be OK.
After all, we dont want the mentally ill to be forced into suicide by not indulging them in their delusions IMO.

Think about what you are saying. Think about what this Gov is saying.

4 kids. This year. 2 years ago there werent 4 kids mentally ****ed up enough to believe they were a made up gender...2 years later there are 1 in 10 in some schools. 2 years ago tran men had just started on the scene. 2 years ago a man named Fallon Fox pretended to be a woman beat a real womans brains in. 2 years ago male weightlifters werent breaking all the womens weightlifting records. Men werent winning womens cycling championships. Men werent knocking women all over the place on basketball courts, rugby pitches, and were stealing womens college scholarships and opportunities.

4 kids THIS year.

415a27878716024bae217aac2419d882.jpg

Laurel-Hubbard-a-male-lifter-who-identifies-as-transgender-regularly-defeats-female-opponents...jpeg

But then....the trans lunacy is just getting started

db.jpg

That's what I said, isn't it? It's definitely not fair for transgenders, either.

Well, you want to get rid of affirmative action. So you don't have much room to talk.
Why do minorities need affirmative action?

Life is not fair!!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

OP says the governor "shamed them" as though *they* are the fringe outliers and not him. The radical trans agenda is horrendously unpopular. Kudos to the legislature for shaming the governor by overriding his veto, upholding Title IX, and not letting boys cheat to win girl's sports.

View attachment 67382209

Yes, the governor shamed them. The cruel, crazy GOP legislature passed a bill that will probably never be applicable to more than 100 kids in the state.

Good for Gov Cox.

Yes, the governor shamed them. The cruel, crazy GOP legislature passed a bill that will probably never be applicable to more than 100 kids in the state.

Good for Gov Cox.
Your logic that discrimination is ok if it only affects a few people

Your logic that discrimination is ok if it only affects a few people

Ironic that you say that....since the only ones being discriminated against are transgender kids.

Maybe you need to look in the mirror when you say that.

Ironic that you say that....since the only ones being discriminated against are transgender kids.

Maybe you need to look in the mirror when you say that.
You misspelled biological females

Even you dont deny that trans females have an advantage

You misspelled biological females

Even you dont deny that trans females have an advantage
The integrity of sporting events is not more important than trying to help the most vulnerable people in our society.

It's sad that you don't seem to understand that.

The integrity of sporting events is not more important than trying to help the most vulnerable people in our society.

It's sad that you don't seem to understand that.
Then give gays a head start in sports.....unless you hate gay people?

Maybe we should at the start of every sporting event we decide how disadvantaged by society each athlete is and then we give them a head start based on that...so they can feel included?

Maybe we should at the start of every sporting event we decide how disadvantaged by society each athlete is and then we give them a head start based on that...so they can feel included?

Again, you're looking for a solution to a non-existent problem. Your gripe has nothing to do with the new law in Utah, which is relevant to only a handful of transgender kids who are actually brave enough to even try to play school sports.

You just want to keep ranting on and on about this because it makes you feel good, for some odd reason.

Again, you're looking for a solution to a non-existent problem. This has nothing to do with the new law in Utah, which is relevant to only a handful of transgender kids who are actually brave enough to even try to play sports.

You just want to keep ranting on and on about this because it makes you feel good, for some odd reason.
I will rant on forever to protect the rights of biological women

I will rant on forever to protect the rights of biological women

Except women's rights aren't being violated. Plus, the vast majority of women have zero interest in competing in sports beyond high school.

At the end of the day, sports are entertainment. I love sports, but that's just a fact. And sports certainly aren't more important than trying to protect the most vulnerable people in our society.

You just don't have your priorities straight.

Outside of athletics, society does its very best to accommodate individuals that are trans however possible so that they can live complete and satisfied lives.

Autistic children aren’t accommodated on sports fields. Children with physical disabilities aren’t accommodated on sports fields. Children with Downs Syndrome aren’t accommodated on sports fields. Children with delays and disabilities are just told “no, you didn’t make the team”.

They either qualify to make the team of their biological sex or they don’t. We haven’t changed the rules, etc to make it so that THEY feel accommodated…so that THEY can make friends, aren’t depressed, etc.

So why is society making accommodations for trans in sports?

Compete with your sex or don’t play. Or play in a different league, in community teams, etc…much like how we have developed community leagues and then even the Special Olympics for individuals that have disabilities that preclude them from competing in your standard academic sports arena/field.

And no, I’m not saying that trans have a disability…I’m saying that we don’t accommodate even people with disabilities on sports teams…whereas in every other aspect of society we do…and so therefore, I don’t see why the need to accommodate trans individuals in sports. No one is “entitled” to play sports. And sports aren’t required to accommodate everyone.

Except women's rights aren't being violated. Plus, the vast majority of women have zero interest in competing in sports beyond high school.

At the end of the day, sports are entertainment. I love sports, but that's just a fact. And sports certainly aren't more important than trying to protect the most vulnerable people in our society.

You just don't have your priorities straight.
I see. As long as only a few women have their rights violated it's ok.

That's awful

So why is society making accommodations for trans in sports?
You're comparing apples and oranges. Children with neurological disorders such as autism are often not capable of participating in sporting events, because the rules for them are difficult to understand or they don't have the attention span.

Plus, there is NOTHING to prevent autistic children or children with Down Syndrome from participating in men's or women's sports if they have the athletic ability to do so. The new law in Utah is DISCRIMINATING against transgender children, PREVENTING them from participating. Your argument misses the mark.

I see. As long as only a few women have their rights violated it's ok.

That's awful
You must have missed my first sentence -- women's rights are not being violated. And you can't explain how they are being violated.

You must have missed my first sentence -- women's rights are not being violated. And you can't explain how they are being violated.
Of course they are being violated

Ranked 500th to national championship. Lol

Obvious discrimination

You're comparing apples and oranges. Children with neurological disorders such as autism are often not capable of participating in sporting events, because the rules for them are difficult to understand or they don't have the attention span.

Plus, there is NOTHING to prevent autistic children or children with Down Syndrome from participating in men's or women's sports if they have the athletic ability to do so. The new law in Utah is DISCRIMINATING against transgender children, PREVENTING them from participating. Your argument misses the mark.
No it merely recognizes that we separate sports based on your sex at birth

Trans females are welcome to participate.....with men

We always have

Of course they are being violated

Ranked 500th to national championship. Lol

Obvious discrimination

Nope. Sports rankings don't qualify as a violation of women's rights, especially when the Olympics and international swimming organizations are allowing it.

Female swimmers are free to argue this "violation" of their rights in court. Until then, you literally have nothing.

And none of this has anything to do with the cruel law passed in Utah.

Nope. Sports rankings don't qualify as a violation of women's rights, especially when the Olympics and international swimming organizations are allowing it.

Female swimmers are free to argue this "violation" of their rights in court. Until then, you literally have nothing.

And none of this has anything to do with the cruel law passed in Utah.
Well three girls in Connecticut have already done exactly that. Lol

The utah law looks like 31 other states.

Better get used to it. Lol

They can compete against the other boys, and no one will stop them. It isn't discrimination not to let boys compete in the girls league, for no reason other than they want to.

Back
Top Bottom