• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How The Republican Governor Of Utah Just Shamed His Entire Party

Your point is? Selfishness should always rule the day?

Well....that is a Republican belief.
My point is a 'few' high school girls don't get to go to college because you want to make someone else feel like they fit in, is an unbalanced solution. And just plain dumb. How about you pay for those girls scholarships to show support and your selflessness. Put your money where your mouth is.

Woukd you prefer to talk about high school athletes like Cece Telfer? Did she get a clear advantage?

So what if she did? Again, doing something to try to reduce the suicide rate among transgender and gay young people is way more important to me.

You never answered my question about affirmative action. If you think this is so unfair, you must be willing to get rid of affirmative action as well.

So what if she did? Again, doing something to try to reduce the suicide rate among transgender and gay young people is way more important to me.

You never answered my question about affirmative action. If you think this is so unfair, you must be willing to get rid of affirmative action as well.
Wow. So what if we give an advantage to one group in sports over another????

Sure. Get rid of affirmative action.

You want to give an advantage in sport to trans women.....only.

Not black kids
Not gay kids
Not hispanic kids

Why?

My point is a 'few' high school girls don't get to go to college because you want to make someone else feel like they fit in, is an unbalanced solution. And just plain dumb. How about you pay for those girls scholarships to show support and your selflessness. Put your money where your mouth is.

You'll have to show me that these girls don't get to go to college because of transgender athletes. Which, of course, you can't do.

And I don't see how it's really much different than affirmative action. Is it fair to smart white kids that they can't get a scholarship because of smart minority kids?

These are the choices that we make as a society.

You'll have to show me that these girls don't get to go to college because of transgender athletes. Which, of course, you can't do.

And I don't see how it's really much different than affirmative action. Is it fair to smart white kids that they can't get a scholarship because of smart minority kids?

Let's do affirmative action in sports then. Black and gay kids get a ten second head start.....right?

Wow. So what if we give an advantage to one group in sports over another????

Sure. Get rid of affirmative action.

You want to give an advantage in sport to trans women.....only.

Not black kids
Not gay kids
Not hispanic kids

Why?

I already answered this. You just don't like my answer. And you keep putting words in my mouth.

Dude, you're the one who said it: "I think helping them feel like they belong is more important than a few high school girls missing out on a scholarship"

I'm not arguing about whether the transgender kids can play sports - just the ridiculous comment you made about it.

I already answered this. You just don't like my answer. And you keep putting words in my mouth.
Your argument is crumbling.

You support affirmative action in sports....but only for one group. Why?

Dude, you're the one who said it: "I think helping them feel like they belong is more important than a few high school girls missing out on a scholarship"

I'm not arguing about whether the transgender kids can play sports - just the ridiculous comment you made about it.

Except I didn't make a ridiculous comment. It is more important.

I love how the same people who mock Kamala Harris, AOC, Hillary Clinton, etc. are suddenly "concerned" about discrimination against women and women's rights. :rolleyes:

So why do you only want to give one group a advantage?

I don't believe that. I believe that transgender kids deserve some compassion.

I also believe that affirmative action in still necessary in our society. You just said you're willing to get rid of it.

I guess you want to go back to the old days, when racist old white men prevented minorities from having opportunities.

I don't believe that. I believe that transgender kids deserve some compassion.

I also believe that affirmative action in still necessary in our society. You just said you're willing to get rid of it.

I guess you want to go back to the old days, when racist old white men prevented minorities from having opportunities.
Trans females get an advantage and you dont deny it

You just want to deny that advantage to black and gay kids. Why?

Trans females get an advantage and you dont deny it
That is not true in every case. Many of these transgender athletes take medication to lower their testosterone levels after high school. In fact, the Olympics have started to require this. And again, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things when the vast majority of these kids will not be competing for scholarships or Olympic medals.

You just want to deny that advantage to black and gay kids. Why?
Actually, you're the one who said that you are against affirmative action. You have more explaining to do than I do.

That is not true in every case. Many of these transgender athletes take medication to lower their testosterone levels after high school. In fact, the Olympics have started to require this. And again, it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things when the vast majority of these kids will not be competing for scholarships or Olympic medals.

Actually, you're the one who said that you are against affirmative action. You have more explaining to do than I do.
If it's TRUE in one case it means you support an advantage for that player

Why?

If it's TRUE in one case it means you support an advantage for that player

Why?

I already told you why.....many times.

It's more concerning that you are ready to get rid of affirmative action, after all of the racist Trumpsters that have come out of the woodwork during the past several years.

I already told you why.....many times.

It's more concerning that you are ready to get rid of affirmative action, after all of the racist Trumpsters that have come out of the woodwork during the past several years.
What post did you give a valid reason to only give an advantage to this one group?

That sounds like bigotry

What post did you give a valid reason to only give an advantage to this one group?
How many times have I talked about the need for compassion for these transgender kids? Can you not put 2 and 2 together?

That sounds like bigotry
Bigotry against minorities? Yes, Trumpsters are notorious for this, I agree.

How many times have I talked about the need for compassion for these transgender kids? Can you not put 2 and 2 together?

Bigotry against minorities? Yes, Trumpsters are notorious for this, I agree.
Hmmmm. You wont cite the post or explain why you have compassion for trans athletes but not gay or black athletes?

That's odd

OP says the governor "shamed them" as though *they* are the fringe outliers and not him. The radical trans agenda is horrendously unpopular. Kudos to the legislature for shaming the governor by overriding his veto, upholding Title IX, and not letting boys cheat to win girl's sports.

1648303646867.png

Hmmmm. You wont cite the post or explain why you have compassion for trans athletes but not gay or black athletes?
The better question is why you have no compassion for a handful of transgender kids in Utah just trying to play sports and make friends.

You just go on and on about irrelevant and/or unrelated shit. You want to apply your harsh sledgehammer "logic" to every single situation involving transgender athletes.

Not a wise move.

The better question is why you have no compassion for a handful of transgender kids in Utah just trying to play sports and make friends.

You just go on and on about irrelevant and/or unrelated shit. You want to apply your harsh sledgehammer "logic" to every single situation involving transgender athletes.

Not a wise move.
Well answer my question first before we move on to yours.

You are running faster than Cece Telfer. Lol

Back
Top Bottom