• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How The Republican Governor Of Utah Just Shamed His Entire Party

To the shock of most people in Utah, Governor Spencer Cox just vetoed a bill that would have stopped transgender children from playing school sports.

Cox wrote a letter explaining his decision, noting that there are just four trans kids playing school sports in the entire state of Utah, and only one is a trans girl.

Cox compares that to the 86 percent of trans youths reporting suicidality and the 56 percent who say they’ve attempted suicide, according to one study (other studies show similar results).

He also wrote the following in his letter. --

I admire no one in the Republican Party. However, if I were to admire a Republican, it would be Spencer Cox.

Well done, Sir. Your stand on this issue took a lot of moral courage in your insanely crazy GOP state.
Where there's just four trannies, there will always be more.

Cox is a flaming marshmallow.

Where there's just four trannies, there will always be more.

Cox is a flaming marshmallow.

Whoa!! There will be more than 4!! Maybe there will even be 100 transgender kids playing sports in the entire state of Utah! What will we do then???

It's pathetic to see grown Republican "men" terrified of boogey men....well, boogey kids in this case.

Governor Cox has held statewide office in Utah since 2013, and was sworn into office as Governor last January. He is a well known commodity and enjoys high approval ratings.

That he did the right thing should surprise no one that knows him.

As for HB11, it isn’t as popular as you might think, and the veto override didn’t come easy.

Its Utah. Those Dem legislators voting 'No' on the bill override, won't be helping him one bit in the GOP primary. The only thing he has going for him is time. He's got three years for voters to forget this.

Did someone put something in the nations water ?

How come transgender is such a big issue now.

It didn't exist until about 20 years ago.

Whoa!! There will be more than 4!! Maybe there will even be 100 transgender kids playing sports in the entire state of Utah! What will we do then???

It's pathetic to see grown Republican "men" terrified of boogey men....well, boogey kids in this case.
One's too many.

Cox is a tool.

Perhaps you're a tool for the crazy Republican Party? You seem easily distracted by bullshit.
In a time where radicals can't even decide what "is" is, yes, simplicity is crucial.

Now calmy go **** ********. ;)

Women's civil rights are not being violated. Women are free to compete with the transgender kids. And 99% of these transgender kids will probably never even have a shot at a scholarship.

Life isn't always fair. It certainly isn't fair for these transgender kids just trying to
Do you also want to get rid of affirmative action? Sometimes smart white kids lose scholarships to smart minority kids. Those are the choices that we make as a society.
Got it. So lets give a head start to the gay kids so they can find happiness and a sense of belonging in a society that is hostile to them.

Unless you hate gay kids?

In a time where radicals can't even decide what "is" is, yes, simplicity is crucial.

Now calmy go **** ********. ;)

Well, considering that you're afraid of children...simplicity must be your middle name.

Got it. So lets give a head start to the gay kids so they can find happiness and a sense of belonging in a society that is hostile to them.

Unless you hate gay kids?

Yes, that's a logical assumption....gay boys don't get a chance to compete in girls' sports, like transgender kids do....therefore, I must hate gay boys.

Yeah, no giant leap in logic there.

Yes, that's a logical assumption....gay boys don't get a chance to compete in girls' sports, like transgender kids do....therefore, I must hate gay boys.

Yeah, no giant leap in logic there.
Dont you want gay kids to find happiness and a sense of belonging in a society that is hostile to them?

So a 2 minute head start?

Well, considering that you're afraid of children...simplicity must be your middle name.
Don't spread lies, rip; you know better than that. Children are awesome.

It's the groomers that freak me out. You know, degenerates like these guys:

Don't spread lies, rip; you know better than that. Children are awesome.

It's the groomers that freak me out. You know, degenerates like these guys:

The law wasn't about them.

tool...cough...cough

Dont you want gay kids to find happiness and a sense of belonging in a society that is hostile to them?

So a 2 minute head start?
That doesn't even make any sense. Seriously. Your argument is searching for relevance.

How is a 2 minute head start going to give them happiness?

Its Utah. Those Dem legislators voting 'No' on the bill override, won't be helping him one bit in the GOP primary. The only thing he has going for him is time. He's got three years for voters to forget this.
You think the Dem representatives would’ve supported Governor Cox in the GOP primary under any circumstances?

Not only did no Dems vote yes in the House and Senate, but two Republicans in both the House and Senate voted with the Dems.

Did someone put something in the nations water ?

How come transgender is such a big issue now.

It didn't exist until about 20 years ago.
Some folks have always had issues with transgender folks.

That doesn't even make any sense. Seriously. Your argument is searching for relevance.

How is a 2 minute head start going to give them happiness?
How odd? You don't want to give an advantage to gays but you do to trans women?

Why?

The law wasn't about them.

tool...cough...cough
You accused me of being afraid of kids, and I instantly corrected you.

You think I'm gonna let you slide with that bullshit? Uh uh. ;)

That's pretty cold, man. Transgender kids and gay kids commit suicide in high numbers. I think helping them feel like they belong is more important than a few high school girls missing out on a scholarship.
Not to those girls.

How odd? You don't want to give an advantage to gays but you do to trans women?

Why?

I don't want to give transgender kids an advantage. The transgender kids don't want an advantage.

Their life is hard enough that this "advantage" isn't going to matter much. They just want to have fun and they don't want to be pariahs.

I don't want to give transgender kids an advantage. The transgender kids don't want an advantage.

Their life is hard enough that this "advantage" isn't going to matter much. They just want to have fun and they don't want to be pariahs.
So a athlete that is ranked 500th but then gets to compete with women and the first year of competition wins the national championship didnt just get an advantage????

Come on. Lol

So a athlete that is ranked 500th but then gets to compete with women and the first year of competition wins the national championship didnt just get an advantage????

Come on. Lol

Again, that has nothing to do with the law in Utah that affects a total of 4 freaking people. This is about kids under 18.

You're losing this argument and now you're changing the subject.

Again, that has nothing to do with the law in Utah that affects a total of 4 freaking people.

You're losing this argument and now you're changing the subject.
Woukd you prefer to talk about high school athletes like Cece Telfer? Did she get a clear advantage?

Back
Top Bottom