• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How I grew up and quit the Democrats

When he saw George wallace lose robert knew he needed to switch parties
" It wasn’t until Harry Truman garnered 77 percent of the black vote in 1948 that a majority of blacks reported that they thought of themselves as Democrats. Earlier that year Truman had issued an order desegregating the armed services and an executive order setting up regulations against racial bias in federal employment. "

Johnson laughed as he claimed he would get the N word to vote for Democrats for 200 years. And he did what? He created the war on Poverty.

Democrats however wised up faster and today we find a lot of blacks voting for republicans. Their actual friends.
It's not the '60's anymore. Whatever LBJ did or didn't do has no bearing on the politics of 2020.

Yeah, the freedom to work in a mine with no safety regulations, the freedom to go hungry, etc. As the old saying went, capitalism allows both rich and poor to sleep under bridges. And those who open factories couldn't do so without government help, and would be nothing without workers. Obama was right with his inelegant phrase, "you didn't build that." Face it, the world long ago moved beyond your way of thinking. Other countries like ours have higher taxes and greater social welfare benefits, but less crime and poverty. Even republicans want to repeal and *replace* the ACA. Go figure.

What you said that among the tens of thousands of laws, Democrats imposed laws against the people many many other ways.

Capitalism is not FORCE

Capitalism is freedom of will, free to choose

He's in willful denial.
it's one of the dumbest arguments that will never stop. all because people flipped parties (and Rush and the gang use the Party name to claim that Southern Conservatives weren't the white supremacists/racists back in the day and that they aren't now either).

Not true.
see what i mean folks.

this current day Confederate is saying that Southern Conservatives WEREN'T in the Democratic Party before (meaning it was filleed with Northern Liberals or something) and now Southern Conservatives aren't now in the Republican Party (Northern Liberals again I guess).

that is the dumbest argument that anyone can possibly make.

We had a blow-out going away party after you left.

No, they stayed Confederates and ran for Congress, and instead of fighting against blacks they started conning them into thinking they were their friends. Does the name Robert Byrd ring a bell? This stuff isn't hard.
see what i mean folks. these dudes want you to believe that the Democratic Party (of yesteryear) was filled with libbies (or something) and Southern Conservatives didn't play a role in the old South/Democratic Party and that current people of the same mindset (Southern Conservatives) don't occupy the current Republican Party.

it's more boring than anything. well, and dumb.

" It wasn’t until Harry Truman garnered 77 percent of the black vote in 1948 that a majority of blacks reported that they thought of themselves as Democrats. Earlier that year Truman had issued an order desegregating the armed services and an executive order setting up regulations against racial bias in federal employment. "

Well since I personally recall Truman so well, I saw the man living at one of his speeches from the back of his presidentail rail car.
Truman changed the military for blacks. And deserves a ton of credit.

But he was not from the South. He was born and raised in Missouri just off highway 70. I have been to the Truman library and the home he grew up in. Where he came from, as for me, blacks were not seen often if at all. At my high school I did not see blacks. And grew up at Hayward, CA.
see what i mean folks.

this current day Confederate is saying that Southern Conservatives WEREN'T in the Democratic Party before (meaning it was filleed with Northern Liberals or something) and now Southern Conservatives aren't now in the Republican Party (Northern Liberals again I guess).

that is the dumbest argument that anyone can possibly make.

Lets let a black professor clear this up for all of us

Attachments

• Old Hayward High School.jpg
    Old Hayward High School.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
Why the **** do people think that making a thread claiming to have once been a supporter of a party they spew nothing but hateful propaganda about bootstraps their rants into credibility?
Isn't this the theme for the vast majority of his threads? The needle really seems to be stuck.

FACT Who was the Klu Klux Klan = Democrats
Who hung blacks + Democrats
KKK = Southern Conservatives.

dude, we all know it's important for you to run from the truth. accept it. it will set you free.

see what i mean folks. these dudes want you to believe that the Democratic Party (of yesteryear) was filled with libbies (or something) and Southern Conservatives didn't play a role in the old South/Democratic Party and that current people of the same mindset (Southern Conservatives) don't occupy the current Republican Party.

Oh hell no, Democrats were NEVER then nor Today liberals. And they damned sure were not conservatives as used by Caught up in myths.

Given never at any point did the Democrats label themselves as conservatives, why use the term now?
Mrs Swain explains this best.

It does serve one purpose. You know not to take anyone, who makes this argument, seriously.

Lets let a black professor clear this up for all of us
what needs to be cleared up.

Southern Conservatives of yesteryear = Democrats
Southern Conservatives of today = Republicans

Isn't this the theme for the vast majority of his threads? The needle really seems to be stuck.

If i was not a devout Democrat, why did my entire family vote only for Democrats? Mom caused me to hate republicans. I stopped around 1978 in time to later vote for Reagan.

what needs to be cleared up.

Southern Conservatives of yesteryear = Democrats
Southern Conservatives of today = Republicans

We were not the Democrats. Republicans like the climate and moved there once the place was cleaned up by laws that were caused by Republicans.

We for instance would approve slavery per the way you talk. We never did nor will we ever. Democrats approved Slavery. I believe they still do.

It does serve one purpose. You know not to take anyone, who makes this argument, seriously.
too bad some of those old Southern Conservatives couldn't pop out of their graves for a day just to say...

"Damn right I'm a PROUD Southern Democrat!!"

Well since I personally recall Truman so well, I saw the man living at one of his speeches from the back of his presidentail rail car.
Truman changed the military for blacks. And deserves a ton of credit.

But he was not from the South. He was born and raised in Missouri just off highway 70. I have been to the Truman library and the home he grew up in. Where he came from, as for me, blacks were not seen often if at all. At my high school I did not see blacks. And grew up at Hayward, CA.
Old Hayward High School.jpg

If Biden wins, and if the Press does to him as they did to Trump, will Biden actually slink into the corner and take it from the hateful Media?

I know, the Media always loves just Democrats. This started with FDR.

Think for example of why I was a long term Democrat. First it was my parents religion. I grew up hating Republicans. I used to berate the republicans fiercely as done by Democrats today. Came election time and I ranted against Republicans.

Changed in my early 40s. I grew up.

So how did I manage to change?

First One must study the issues.

This is issue one.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU CAN RUN YOUR NEIGHBORS LIFE BETTER THAN THEY CAN?
As a Democrat, hell Yes I thought I could.
As a Republican, that is not even on my mind.

DO YOU TRULY THINK YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS TO MUCH MONEY SO YOU APPOINT THUGS IN DC TO ROB HIM OF HIS EARNINGS?
As a loyal Democrat, who gives a shit. Republicans do not need money. They must have stolen it.
As a Republican, I now appreciate the effort it takes to hire workers, plunge your savingings into plant, equipment, paid workers ahead of profits, benefits one pays as an employer, rules employers must follow that workers do not have to follow... I now believe in freedom

VOTE ONLY FOR REPUBLICANS

If you value FREEDOM, do not vote for Democrats.

View attachment 67300668

I understand where you are coming from

That age old battle between labor and capital.

Since Reagan capital has had control. But it is inevitable that eventually the pendulum swings the other way.

Presently we have the same income inequality/concentration of wealth we had during the hoover days. That has never worked out well. This is the third time in our history. The guilded age of the late 1800's, the roaring 20's and today. All have ended in economic collapse. The fed rescued the rich during the Bush years but they didn't fix anything. Since we have just been kicking the can down the road.

Will it take a depression to fix it or is there another way.

too bad some of those old Southern Conservatives couldn't pop out of their graves for a day just to say...

"Damn right I'm a PROUD Southern Democrat!!"

Reply to Democratic party con jobs

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Except briefly in the 1860s–1870s, there has never been a national political party in the United States called the Conservative Party. All major American political parties support republicanism and the basic classical liberal ideals on which the country was founded in 1776, emphasizing liberty, the pursuit of happiness, the rule of law, the consent of the governed, opposition to aristocracy and fear of corruption, coupled with equal rights before the law.[1] Political divisions inside the United States often seemed minor or trivial to Europeans, where the divide between the Left and the Right led to violent political polarization, starting with the French Revolution.[2]
No American party has advocated European ideals of conservatism such as a monarchy, an established church, or a hereditary aristocracy. American conservatism is best characterized as a reaction against utopian ideas of progress.[3] Although the laissez-faire policy goals of American conservatives have never been popular,[4] historian Patrick Allitt expresses the difference between conservative and liberal in terms not of policy but of attitude.[5]
Unlike Canada and the United Kingdom, there has never been a major national political party named the Conservative Party in the United States.[6] The Conservative Party of Virginia, founded in 1867, elected members to the House of Representatives from two other states (Maryland and North Carolina). Since 1962, there has been a small Conservative Party of New York State which currently has about 1% support there. During Reconstruction in the late 1860s, the former Whigs formed a Conservative Party in several Southern states, but they soon merged into the state Democratic parties.[7]

I understand where you are coming from

That age old battle between labor and capital.

Since Reagan capital has had control. But it is inevitable that eventually the pendulum swings the other way.

Presently we have the same income inequality/concentration of wealth we had during the hoover days. That has never worked out well. This is the third time in our history. The guilded age of the late 1800's, the roaring 20's and today. All have ended in economic collapse. The fed rescued the rich during the Bush years but they didn't fix anything. Since we have just been kicking the can down the road.

Will it take a depression to fix it or is there another way.

This nation would still be composed of ranches and farms were it not for capital.

We would not have railroads, airplanes, steel mills, factories, jet airplanes, tanks, and a lot more other than for capital.

We want a TV, we use capital.

We want to go on a vacation... we use capital

We want our home painted or the electrician to come help us, we need capital

If you hate Capital, how will you live.

When the Soviets formed, all they had on farms was dirt and seeds. What were they missing? Capital is what they lacked.

Southern Conservatives were not Democrats back in the day, correct?

Let's put it another way, are you saying Washington, a Southerner was a conservative? Why then did conservatives wage war on England?

Why are you ashamed to use the proper word, Democrat?

When this shift was going on, I was still loyal to Democrats. I sure never approved slavery. I did not even like going to the South. I had some black buddies and they were scared shitless. Scared of Democrats.

This nation has never had a conservative party other than one time in the late 1800s and it called itself the conservative party.

Dingbats say conservative yet they do not even know the definition.

It's not the '60's anymore. Whatever LBJ did or didn't do has no bearing on the politics of 2020.
And it sure does. Democrats of the 1960s are the same as those today. I see no difference at all.

Let's put it another way, are you saying Washington, a Southerner was a conservative? Why then did conservatives wage war on England?

Why are you ashamed to use the proper word, Democrat?

When this shift was going on, I was still loyal to Democrats. I sure never approved slavery. I did not even like going to the South. I had some black buddies and they were scared shitless. Scared of Democrats.

This nation has never had a conservative party other than one time in the late 1800s and it called itself the conservative party.

Dingbats say conservative yet they do not even know the definition.
Southern Conservatives were not Democrats back in the day, correct?

KKK = Southern Conservatives.

dude, we all know it's important for you to run from the truth. accept it. it will set you free.

Conservative has nothing to do with the Klan

(in a political context) favoring free enterprise, private ownership, and socially traditional ideas.

Did Slaves enjoy free enterprise, have private ownership and were socially traditional?

Back
Top Bottom