• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How I grew up and quit the Democrats

Robertinfremont

Photo of me taken in the Army 1963
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
If Biden wins, and if the Press does to him as they did to Trump, will Biden actually slink into the corner and take it from the hateful Media?

I know, the Media always loves just Democrats. This started with FDR.

Think for example of why I was a long term Democrat. First it was my parents religion. I grew up hating Republicans. I used to berate the republicans fiercely as done by Democrats today. Came election time and I ranted against Republicans.

Changed in my early 40s. I grew up.

So how did I manage to change?

First One must study the issues.

This is issue one.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU CAN RUN YOUR NEIGHBORS LIFE BETTER THAN THEY CAN?
As a Democrat, hell Yes I thought I could.
As a Republican, that is not even on my mind.

DO YOU TRULY THINK YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS TO MUCH MONEY SO YOU APPOINT THUGS IN DC TO ROB HIM OF HIS EARNINGS?
As a loyal Democrat, who gives a shit. Republicans do not need money. They must have stolen it.
As a Republican, I now appreciate the effort it takes to hire workers, plunge your savingings into plant, equipment, paid workers ahead of profits, benefits one pays as an employer, rules employers must follow that workers do not have to follow... I now believe in freedom

VOTE ONLY FOR REPUBLICANS

If you value FREEDOM, do not vote for Democrats.

American flag.jpg

If Biden wins, and if the Press does to him as they did to Trump, will Biden actually slink into the corner and take it from the hateful Media?

Think for example of why I was a long term Democrat. First it was my parents religion. I grew up hating Republicans. I used to berate the republicans fiercely as done by Democrats today. Came election time and I ranted against Republicans.

This is issue one.

DO YOU TRULY THINK YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS TO MUCH MONEY SO YOU APPOINT THUGS IN DC TO ROB HIM OF HIS EARNINGS?
As a loyal Democrat, who gives a shit. Republicans do not need money. They must have stolen it.
As a Republican, I now appreciate the effort it takes to hire workers, plunge your savingings into plant, equipment, paid workers ahead of profits, benefits one pays as an employer, rules employers must follow that workers do not have to follow... I now believe in freedom

View attachment 67300668

This is pretty funny from someone drawing SS and Medicare.... Are in you favor of reducing your benefits? Let's say 30%, that would equal, on average, what you paid in...

This is pretty funny from someone drawing SS and Medicare.... Are in you favor of reducing your benefits? Let's say 30%, that would equal, on average, what you paid in...

Well if you resent both programs, take mine from me.

a whole shit load of Confederates switched parties.

Yes the Democrats who grew a conscience finally changed to being a Republican.

Please quit and join our party.

As to the Confederates of long ago, it is valuable to learn how voting works. They voted for a new nation. War was used to rip it out of their hands.
Get your hand out of my pocket.

Attachments

• The Idea of a Southern Nation.jpg
    The Idea of a Southern Nation.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 0

This is issue one.

View attachment 67300668
Yes we know Robert, you’ve told this tale many times. It’s unremarkable, the path of the liberal young man to the conservative old man is well trodden. What is interesting about this latest version of your origin story is the mention of freedom. Like you I am a white man, from a privileged background. As such I enjoy great freedom. However I am aware that the same freedom is not enjoyed by women, people of colour and the poor. I cannot stand passively by and allow this inequality to continue which is why I have no home in the Republican Party. If you truly care about the freedom of all people regardless of gender, skin colour or wealth , then you wouldn’t go near the Republicans either.

And the gop were not the white supremacists they are now....oh wait....yes they were

We then Democrats (not us in California though) were the dedicated racists. See Democrats still are dedicated racists.

How can you tell? Gee there still is racism of the good old Democratic party kind.

The GOP has never ... NOT EVER been white supremacists.

You misspelled Democrats who are of course.

Yes we know Robert, you’ve told this tale many times. It’s unremarkable, the path of the liberal young man to the conservative old man is well trodden. What is interesting about this latest version of your origin story is the mention of freedom. Like you I am a white man, from a privileged background. As such I enjoy great freedom. However I am aware that the same freedom is not enjoyed by women, people of colour and the poor. I cannot stand passively by and allow this inequality to continue which is why I have no home in the Republican Party. If you truly care about the freedom of all people regardless of gender, skin colour or wealth , then you wouldn’t go near the Republicans either.

I was a Republican until I sobered up, then I became a Democrat. I'm not sure if there's a connection, but there might be!

We then Democrats (not us in California though) were the dedicated racists. See Democrats still are dedicated racists.

How can you tell? Gee there still is racism of the good old Democratic party kind.

Well I agree the gop are the racists now

Trump told the white supremacists to stand back and stand by

I doubt if you're seeing any benefit from the Trump tax cuts for the rich.

Rich people are receiving tens of thousands of dollars a year from the tax cuts.

What has happened is the tax burden has shifted from the rich onto the backs of the working class.

Don't believe me? Just ask your friends about "trickle down" economics and see what they think of it.

LOL

Southern Conservatives were in the Democratic Party. Then they switched to the Republican Party.

This stuff isn't hard.

Back
Top Bottom