• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How I grew up and quit the Democrats

If Biden wins, and if the Press does to him as they did to Trump, will Biden actually slink into the corner and take it from the hateful Media?

I know, the Media always loves just Democrats. This started with FDR.

Think for example of why I was a long term Democrat. First it was my parents religion. I grew up hating Republicans. I used to berate the republicans fiercely as done by Democrats today. Came election time and I ranted against Republicans.

Changed in my early 40s. I grew up.

So how did I manage to change?

First One must study the issues.

This is issue one.

DO YOU HONESTLY THINK YOU CAN RUN YOUR NEIGHBORS LIFE BETTER THAN THEY CAN?
As a Democrat, hell Yes I thought I could.
As a Republican, that is not even on my mind.

DO YOU TRULY THINK YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS TO MUCH MONEY SO YOU APPOINT THUGS IN DC TO ROB HIM OF HIS EARNINGS?
As a loyal Democrat, who gives a shit. Republicans do not need money. They must have stolen it.
As a Republican, I now appreciate the effort it takes to hire workers, plunge your savingings into plant, equipment, paid workers ahead of profits, benefits one pays as an employer, rules employers must follow that workers do not have to follow... I now believe in freedom

VOTE ONLY FOR REPUBLICANS

If you value FREEDOM, do not vote for Democrats.

View attachment 67300668
what a load of bs

Actually I voted for Carter. He was such a loser I just helped him lose in 1980 and Reagan to win.

Yeah, I think pretty soon Carter is going to be off the hook as the one-term loser POTUS we all love to make fun of.

Yeah, I think pretty soon Carter is going to be off the hook as the one-term loser POTUS we all love to make fun of.
Well according to some Democrats, Biden already won and he will be sworn into office on November 4, 2020

Why the **** do people think that making a thread claiming to have once been a supporter of a party they spew nothing but hateful propaganda about bootstraps their rants into credibility?

Conservatives my ass, they were Democrats.

Don't know anything about the demographic switch between the parties around the first half of the 20th century? Figures.

Why the **** do people think that making a thread claiming to have once been a supporter of a party they spew nothing but hateful propaganda about bootstraps their rants into credibility?

No idea. It doesn't work, that's for sure.

Yes, because Donald Trump has been the most mature president in my lifetime.

**** outta here with that shit.

I was a Republican until I sobered up, then I became a Democrat. I'm not sure if there's a connection, but there might be!
Are you promoting the benefits of drinking?

Southern Conservatives were in the Democratic Party. Then they switched to the Republican Party.

This stuff isn't hard.
Not true.

5 minute video that explains the facts of the South and what they did.

It was AFTER Republicans started to move into the SOUTH that there became Republicans in force to change the votes there.

The crap Democrats were then called conservatives is a mere trick to try to deny it was Democrats who were racists.

Southern Conservatives were in the Democratic Party. Then they switched to the Republican Party.

This stuff isn't hard.

No, they stayed Confederates and ran for Congress, and instead of fighting against blacks they started conning them into thinking they were their friends. Does the name Robert Byrd ring a bell? This stuff isn't hard.

Why do you hate black people?

When you tell lies like that, I decided to tell you this fast story

Rastus, a small black boy, wondered if whites had it better. He covers himself with white paint and walks around.
His mom sees him covered to look like a white boy. Rastus, get your ass into my house. She whips him and takes off the water base white paint.

Mommy he yells, I wanted to find out if whites get better treatment. After that ass whipping you gave me, I hate blacks now. :cool:

Are you promoting the benefits of drinking?

LOL, no, drinking about killed me and it sure did mess with my judgment on politics.

There was a time I actually believed the GOP cared about deficits! LOLOL!! ROFLMAO!!

If Biden wins, and if the Press does to him as they did to Trump, will Biden actually slink into the corner and take it from the hateful Media?

Think for example of why I was a long term Democrat. First it was my parents religion. I grew up hating Republicans. I used to berate the republicans fiercely as done by Democrats today. Came election time and I ranted against Republicans.

This is issue one.

DO YOU TRULY THINK YOUR NEIGHBOR HAS TO MUCH MONEY SO YOU APPOINT THUGS IN DC TO ROB HIM OF HIS EARNINGS?
As a loyal Democrat, who gives a shit. Republicans do not need money. They must have stolen it.
As a Republican, I now appreciate the effort it takes to hire workers, plunge your savingings into plant, equipment, paid workers ahead of profits, benefits one pays as an employer, rules employers must follow that workers do not have to follow... I now believe in freedom

View attachment 67300668
I don't speak for anyone but myself here.
I'm not exactly a standard Democrat, in any case - if such a thing exists.

I am a registered Democrat because I need to be in PA if I want to vote in the primary. I wanted to vote for Sanders in the 2016 primary. And for that matter the 2020 primary. Which I did.
I usually vote for Democrat candidates these days, because when I look at the options, I think they are the best.
Sometimes independent or 3rd party, but lately not so much, because either the difference between the candidates is stark enough I am worried about the Republican, or I agree/disagree on an issue enough that I want to ensure the Democrat wins.
Which, of course, they don't always.

I disagree with the notion that democrats want to run their neighbors lives. I certainly don't. But certain things are reasonable to have the government do. And I think more things should be run by the government then are currently.
More than even most democrats do, perhaps.

There is some degree of "this would be better whether you think so or not" though.
For example, I tend to think that we must have a government health care system to serve as a bottom floor for the market. And it has to be available to everyone, with sufficient care available that no one dies or avoids care for fear of cost.

But a part of that means I think everyone has to pay into that system (at least above a certain income level).
I think a system like that would be good for everyone, whether they use it or not, because overall it would mean a healthier population. Less chance of disease spreading.
But still, it means I am effectively demanding that everyone pay into the system.
It means I am indeed demanding that you pay for the homeless person on the corner to have health care, or the lazy neighbor you despise.

And I'm demanding that I pay for that too, because I think it's a net positive.

I recognize this is a thing some will not consider acceptable.

When you tell lies like that, I decided to tell you this fast story

Rastus, a small black boy, wondered if whites had it better. He covers himself with white paint and walks around.
His mom sees him covered to look like a white boy. Rastus, get your ass into my house. She whips him and takes off the water base white paint.

Mommy he yells, I wanted to find out if whites get better treatment. After that ass whipping you gave me, I hate blacks now. :cool:
So you do hate black people

LOL, no, drinking about killed me and it sure did mess with my judgment on politics.

There was a time I actually believed the GOP cared about deficits! LOLOL!! ROFLMAO!!
I’m sorry. If I knew I wouldn’t have said it. Glad you came through it.

No, they stayed Confederates and ran for Congress, and instead of fighting against blacks they started conning them into thinking they were their friends. Does the name Robert Byrd ring a bell? This stuff isn't hard.

Right, I love this line. It asserts that blacks are too stupid to know who to vote for and so vote for racist whites and run for office in that party of racist whites, etc. That's a good one. I would love to see an actual politician run on this theory. Should work out great for them!

I’m sorry. If I knew I wouldn’t have said it. Glad you came through it.

LOL there's no problem about the drinking part and no need to apologize. I'm not sensitive about it and if I was I sure wouldn't joke about it on here. It's part of the past and I'm not ashamed of that past.

This stuff isn't hard.

Oh right, now he wants to put the blame on republicans.

FACT Who was the Klu Klux Klan = Democrats
Who hung blacks + Democrats

It was when Republicans changed the South it became republican only by them leaving other states to move into the South.

The South did not change in 1964, it changed it's nature in the 1990s

Right, I love this line. It asserts that blacks are too stupid to know who to vote for and so vote for racist whites and run for office in that party of racist whites, etc. That's a good one. I would love to see an actual politician run on this theory. Should work out great for them!
Johnson laughed as he claimed he would get the N word to vote for Democrats for 200 years. And he did what? He created the war on Poverty.

Democrats however wised up faster and today we find a lot of blacks voting for republicans. Their actual friends.

This is issue one.

View attachment 67300668
Yeah, the freedom to work in a mine with no safety regulations, the freedom to go hungry, etc. As the old saying went, capitalism allows both rich and poor to sleep under bridges. And those who open factories couldn't do so without government help, and would be nothing without workers. Obama was right with his inelegant phrase, "you didn't build that." Face it, the world long ago moved beyond your way of thinking. Other countries like ours have higher taxes and greater social welfare benefits, but less crime and poverty. Even republicans want to repeal and *replace* the ACA. Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom