• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House backs increasing coronavirus stimulus checks to $2,000

Another block by Mitch McConnell.

I know he'll still blame the Dems on this not getting passed.

Looks like the $2,000 check bill is heading for a vote in the Senate. The question is, what poison pill will Mitch attach to it to kill it then blame the Dems? Oh... the section 230 bullshit and voter suppression pork are his poison pills.

The McConnell Poison Pill Bill has been introduced...

The McConnell Poison Pill Bill has been introduced...

It's just a desperate attempt to pull the party together (like throwing a chicken wing to a pack of starving hyenas).This bill won't make it out of the Senate, nor will it make it into the new session of Congress.

Sometimes I almost think we grew up in the same neighborhood.
Alas, grew up in the suburbs and was raised by a typical PROUD old-school, old-world first generation Greek Orthodox Catholic father and a Roman Catholic mother. Eventually, she won the battle and we were raised RC.
To the bolded:

We did metaphorically, of sorts, if you consider era, Catholic heritage, Euro immigrant experience, and one or two other things we once discussed. We probably were raised with pretty similar values, and that counts more than just about anything I can think of!

To wit -

I married a women that is so different from me and my life's experiences, than you'd ever believe possible. I mean, our experiences, and cultures are totally different. We may as well be John Lennon & Yoko Ono! But you know what? My wife came from a conservative Catholic family that had the exact same values as mine did, and she practices them steadfastly. Hell, she lives them! And that meant instant symmetry between us, because we both hold and express the same core values.

I usually get along reasonably well with conservatives, as long as I don't talk politics. That's because I am conservative in my person! I just don't believe in impressing my values upon others, and very much believe in assisting my fellow man. So, my politics is liberal. (help others/allow them freedom)

To the bolded:

We did metaphorically, of sorts, if you consider era, Catholic heritage, Euro immigrant experience, and one or two other things we once discussed. We probably were raised with pretty similar values, and that counts more than just about anything I can think of!

To wit -

I married a women that is so different from me and my life's experiences, than you'd ever believe possible. I mean, our experiences, and cultures are totally different. We may as well be John Lennon & Yoko Ono! But you know what? My wife came from a conservative Catholic family that had the exact same values as mine did, and she practices them steadfastly. Hell, she lives them! And that meant instant symmetry between us, because we both hold and express the same core values.

I usually get along reasonably well with conservatives, as long as I don't talk politics. That's because I am conservative in my person! I just don't believe in impressing my values upon others, and very much believe in assisting my fellow man. So, my politics is liberal. (help others/allow them freedom)

Sounds so familiar. Thanks for sharing a slice of the good life. ;)

Back
Top Bottom