• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

House backs increasing coronavirus stimulus checks to $2,000

Right. Cause the GOP doesn’t want it. We got that part. And?

I'm simply saying there will be NO additional stimulus passed by the senate this round...

Btw, a survey of registered voters disagree.
In a result unusual in an era of acute political polarization, support for the $2,000 stimulus checks was fairly evenly balanced between the two parties, with 53% of Republicans favoring that amount, compared to 47% of Democrats.

Two thirds in new poll favor new stimulus checks of $2,000 or higher | Just The News

House passes the Trump quested $2000 stimulus, and quite a number of repubs joined in.

Now, let's see what they do in the Senate.

The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives passed a bill Monday evening to increase direct coronavirus relief payments to some people to $2,000, though the measure faces an uphill battle in the Republican-run Senate, despite support from President Donald Trump.
So don't expect it to get the votes in the Senate.

Pretty much all Democrats votes for the $2,000 check.

Only 44 Republicans voted for it.

Hmmm......

I pray the Senate passes this. There's no reason not to pass it. It will make Americans very happy.

House passes the Trump quested $2000 stimulus, and quite a number of repubs joined in.

The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives passed a bill Monday evening to increase direct coronavirus relief payments to some people to $2,000, though the measure faces an uphill battle in the Republican-run Senate, despite support from President Donald Trump.
It doesn't say... did they pull any of the crap out of the original bill, or just add additional spending?

It doesn't say... did they pull any of the crap out of the original bill, or just add additional spending?
The increase in payments was stand alone, the rest of the bill has passed and is being implemented as we speak.

The increase in payments was stand alone, the rest of the bill has passed and is being implemented as we speak.

So do we get one check for $600 and one for $2,000???

A survey of voters disagrees with what? That article is written as though the 2K was Trump’s initiative. He just brought it up this weekend and dropped it just as quickly.

They disagree with the senate GOP and agree that 2 grand should be the stimulus but you'd already know that if you actually took the time to read what I shared.
I think Trump still wants the two grand, but he won't be changing minds at this point.

The $2,000 stimulus checks will never be passed tomorrow. Most of the senate held Republicans had already opposed even a $1,200 check because the Democrats refused to remove the pork.
But, this might cause political stress for the GA GOP run-off senators. I have no idea how popular stimulus checks are with Georgians. But if they are, the Dems are going to hammer them.

But, this might cause political stress for the GA GOP run-off senators. I have no idea how popular stimulus checks are with Georgians. But if they are, the Dems are going to hammer them.

Can't argue with any of the above. And if the Rasmussen survey is correct-from my link above, polled voters on both sides of the aisle seem to agree that the 2 grand stimulus should be issued to those who qualify.

And it's that easy to divide a political party! Just make it about money and the hypocrisy of 4 years of deficit growth shine on through.

Can't argue with any of the above. And if the Rasmussen survey is correct-from my link above, polled voters on both sides of the aisle seem to agree that the 2 grand stimulus should be issued to those who qualify.
Well. few of us refuse an offer for 'free' money! But, I've known a few (working-class!) conservatives who resolutely refuse to acquiesce on hand-outs like this, due to principle (fiscal conservatism).

Can't say if there's a great many like that left, and no idea if there's many down south in GA. But I grew up with them, and all I can say is, 'God bless 'em!'

This sounds good, unless Pelosi has loaded this one up with pork and LW wish list idiocies.

They disagree with the senate GOP and agree that 2 grand should be the stimulus but you'd already know that if you actually took the time to read what I shared.
I think Trump still wants the two grand, but he won't be changing minds at this point.

I did, and I was right, it’s a right wing shithole website.

48ED876A-411F-472C-B5AA-1126C24CD264.jpeg

Well. few of us refuse an offer for 'free' money! But, I've known a few (working-class!) conservatives who resolutely refuse to acquiesce on hand-outs like this, due to principle (fiscal conservatism).

Can't say if there's a great many like that left, and no idea if there's many down south in GA. But I grew up with them, and all I can say is, 'God bless 'em!'

We won't qualify but hell yeah, I wouldn't give it back if we were qualified and should find its way into our mailbox. ;)
I could help my family with that money.

Back
Top Bottom