• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Homeless in Hawaii (1 Viewer)

last time i checked most major cities have busses. this where the endless line of excuses comes into play.
the fact is if you can't afford 2k a month then you can't afford 2k a month.

you have to move where it costs 1k a month.

house costs what the market will bear.
evidently there are enough people that 2k a month is acceptable to them to live.
if it wasn't then the price would drop.

pretty much every major city i know of has either a buss or uber or taxi to get you around in.

Hawaii consist of islands, so you can't just hop on the next bus out.

Saying a great majority of them or elderly, I highly doubt it would be easy for them to find a job in such a market.

I am 63 and still work to support myself and my 64 year old girlfriend but have the common sense not to try to live in a very high cost area with poor job prospects. Once we have agreed that living in a high cost area with few job prospects is (much of?) the problem - what is the best solution?

I am 63 and still work to support myself and my 64 year old girlfriend but have the common sense not to try to live in a very high cost area with poor job prospects. Once we have agreed that living in a high cost area with few job prospects is (much of?) the problem - what is the best solution?

A lot of these people are destitute. They can't afford to up and leave because they basically have nothing.

I think all those out of work miners in West Virginia who voted for Trump but are on Medicaid and Welfare and Food Stamps should just pick up and move to where there are jobs. Enough handouts to these lazy conservatives. ;)

How do all these homeless get too Hawaii swim?

Seems to be they would all be mostly home grown, homeless in NYC come from all over the country.

A lot of these people are destitute. They can't afford to up and leave because they basically have nothing.

A one way ticket to anywhere is likely to be less expensive than a month's rent in Oahu. The notion that wherever someone shows up they are then entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical care at or near that place is insane. Places with mild weather and good panhandling prostects are bound to attract more "homeless" but add in lots of tourists that are not likely to be around to testify as crime victims and you have a homeless Mecca. ;)

A while back I considered moving to Hawaii, searching online for info about Hawaii. Wow, I discovered the cost of living out there is crazy. The housing was the real issue for me. With what I pay for rent in Milwaukee my unit and building is 1st world conditions. It's very good. A few flaws but still very good. For the same price in Hawaii I would be living in fewer square feet and it would be 3rd world level conditions.

But if you can afford Hawaii its seems like a pretty great place (depending on the island and what you're looking for).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Our_Lady_of_F%C3%A1tima

The Republican Party (Religion) has deceived you. Just as the Democratic Party (Religion) has deceived liberals.

But taking morality out of it there are practical reasons to resolve certain dilemmas. Many secular British and secular Northern Europeans seem to think so. Kind of tied into what they call [negative] "externalities" in the field of economics.

The pay is much higher also

If you can afford to invest or save 10% of your earnings toward retirement living in Hawaii for 30 years will net you more money than in Milwaukee so its not such a bad deal

Then retire to New Nexico or Louisiana and live like a king

A one way ticket to anywhere is likely to be less expensive than a month's rent in Oahu. The notion that wherever someone shows up they are then entitled to food, clothing, shelter and medical care at or near that place is insane. Places with mild weather and good panhandling prostects are bound to attract more "homeless" but add in lots of tourists that are not likely to be around to testify as crime victims and you have a homeless Mecca. ;)

For the most part these people were natives. They have lived there their while lives and have been priced out of the market no fault of their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom