• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Help me solve this mystery.....

What is it? A problem for your over-worked janitor

What I think it is: some sort of cocoon for some flying critter that has gotten in the building.

An eye from a doll, the pin that attaches the eye stuck in the ceiling when it (the eye, without the doll) was thrown there.

I went to my classroom today and saw this hanging from the ceiling:

View attachment 67150652

It's kind of roundish, but not quite a sphere. It's amber-colored, translucent except for that black spot there. What the heck is that?

You can't see the "sailboat?"

View attachment 67150652

It's kind of roundish, but not quite a sphere. It's amber-colored, translucent except for that black spot there. What the heck is that?

You are being watched

2.jpg

I put an arrow in the image pointing to a stick protruding from the object. It's made of plastic, so my guess is it's some sort of student prank.

There's only one way to find out. Take it down. Then eat it. That's what Bear Grylls would do.

url

I dare you Josie. I double-dog-dare you!

Replace that ceiling tile with a new one. You can have a look around above the ceiling when you get that one out. Put the new tile in. Save the old one with the malignant mole on it for further analysis. Or, you could call a Hazmat team in - seal the classroom, and take a vacation.

There's only one way to find out. Take it down. Then eat it. That's what Bear Grylls would do.
I dare you Josie. I double-dog-dare you!

*gags*

One of my best friends last name is Tomah no kidding.

That's what everyone says when they really don't like toomahs, but they want to appear like they do...... ;)

Update! It's kind of shriveled up a bit. I almost got up there and flicked it off, but I was too chicken.

View attachment 67150652

It's obviously something. Have you ever been above a drop ceiling?

That could be a "marker" (marking a spot/pipe/viable entry into the ceiling etc) or part of a bugs nest - hell it could be an old piece of gum someone threw at the ceiling .

Why don't you go up there and pull the panel back and find out?

Update! It's kind of shriveled up a bit. I almost got up there and flicked it off, but I was too chicken.

Dude I don't think it bites so why the fear?

How big is it anyways? Use a coin as a comparison.

Just get a yardstick and knock the damned thing off. The good news is that it isn't bigger so it's probably not from a leak but it would be a good idea to have maintenance check it out.

View attachment 67150652

It looks like glue that's leaked from a pipe above or that came off of one of the suspension wires that holds the brackets of the ceiling up.

Colonel Custard in the conservatory with the candlestick.

*edit* posted before I read the OP I was going off the thread title, this is in answer to a different mystery. As to this one DO NOT sit underneath that tile

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom