• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has Fox News stopped reporting on the Hillary Clinton spy story?

No Durham really did say that the right wing media coverage of it wasn't true.

I guess you don't know that because Fox News is hiding that from you.

You really need better sources.
I don't watch Fox. Oh, and I'm guessing Durham DIDN'T say EVERYTHING reported on rw media was false.
So, until I see the whole story I'm not going to comment further.

I don't watch Fox. Oh, and I'm guessing Durham DIDN'T say EVERYTHING reported on rw media was false.
So, until I see the whole story I'm not going to comment further.
You always have an excuse.

They didn't "report" on Clinton, they told a false story about her.

And they didn't retract it when it was debunked by Durham.

That should bother you.
I still haven't seen anything about Durham "debunking" anything. The content of the document Durham submitted is still fact.

I still haven't seen anything about Durham "debunking" anything. The content of the document Durham submitted is still fact

I'm know this will not change your mind but the timing of his issuing this statement and Fox dropping the subject are not a coincidence.

"“If third parties or members of the media have overstated, understated or otherwise misinterpreted facts contained in the government’s motion, that does not in any way undermine the valid reasons for the government’s inclusion of this information,” he wrote.

All at once after a week of the Hillary Clinton is a spy story on Fox News, it seems that the story is slowly being dropped by Fox. It could be for two reasons. The first that Durham might just have filed more info at court that says the whole thing Fox was reporting was a lie or at least not the truth. Of course the other reason might just be as important. Hillary mentioned a magic word, malice. It is a legal term and though Hannity said bring it on, I do not think that Fox wants anymore billion dollar law suits against it. THey like Trump are in enough legal trouble. And maybe that is why the GOP and Fox have spent the entire week trying to deflect their viewers talking about Clinton rather then the multiple legal problems that have come to a head this week for Trump. What will they use nexxt to deflect?
Ceasing and desisting is good, but Fox News should be made to do a retraction for a full week on all their time slots.

Jeez/1 You guys whine when Fox reports on Clinton and whine when the don't.
What Fox did was let out a giant fart in a crowded elevator, and stepped off while everybody else had twenty floors to go. That’s the problem.

It’s not enough to merely stop telling the lie. If you tell a lie, you’re responsible for fixing the damage caused by that lie.

They didn't "report" on Clinton, they told a false story about her.

And they didn't retract it when it was debunked by Durham.

That should bother you.
hell, they CRAVE the lies from fox.

radio silence in this case is a good thing. Let Durham reveal what he is going to do and we can comment on it later.

if FOx and other news outlets reported this with too much fervor, too quickly and are proven wrong, then they should be criticized for that.

but I am going to wait to see what Durham reveals completely , first.

Ceasing and desisting is good, but Fox News should be made to do a retraction for a full week on all their time slots.
that's the beauty of their model. they can lie 24/7 and then never correct their lies so that their consumers (many people here) only hear their lies.

if FOx and other news outlets reported this with too much fervor, too quickly and are proven wrong, then they should be criticized for that.

“Reporting with too much fervor” is a hell of a euphemism for “lying.”

“Reporting with too much fervor” is a hell of a euphemism for “lying.”
well if so and it wasn't just a case of misunderstanding what Durham is saying, then I guess that makes all the news agencies about even, like lies by CNN and the times about collusion.

its too bad. I expect a higher standard from the Federalist an FOx news.

well if so and it wasn't just a case of misunderstanding what Durham is saying,

“Misunderstanding.” Another euphemism for “lying.” No matter how many euphemisms you come up with, lying is lying.

I expect a higher standard from the Federalist an FOx news.

I don’t know why you would. Here’s around 50 Fox News articles pushing the Durham narrative based on a lie they created. And yes, Fox News has an entire news category on their site devoted to a failed Presidential candidate from 6 years ago.

That’s not a “misunderstanding” or “reporting with too much fervor.” That’s propaganda and a highly coordinated disinformation campaign. So I don’t know if Clinton considers it within her interests to sue, but I definitely suspect she has a solid defamation case if she wants to.

Yea, that makes sense LOL
Fox reports what is in the Durham filing and they are afraid of a lawsuit by Hillary?
Yes
Hillary is afraid to file a lawsuit against Fox or any news organization reporting on the Durham investigation. Hillary would be subject to discovery motions. She doesn't want that.
Why don't you put your tin foil hat on and tell us what they'd find in discovery?

Yea, that makes sense LOL
Fox reports what is in the Durham filing and they are afraid of a lawsuit by Hillary?

Hillary is afraid to file a lawsuit against Fox or any news organization reporting on the Durham investigation. Hillary would be subject to discovery motions. She doesn't want that.
If Hillary sues and goes on the stand, she’ll answer questions pertinent to the issue. So she’ll answer questions such as

1) Did you order your campaign to spy on Trump? (This would get an obvious “no”).
2) What harm to your reputation/standing/emotional state/finances/etc. did you suffer? (Sarah Palin was wholly unable to answer this question, which is a good chunk of why her suit against the NYTimes failed).

And of course her lawyers would need to demonstrate that Fox News knowingly acted with a reckless disregard for the truth, which I think would be an incredibly easy case to make.

There are far more parallels to Dominion’s successful defamation case against Kraken And Co. than people realize. It’s not a perfect comparison, but it’s quite close. Certainly close enough for her to ask her attorneys to explore such a defamation suit.

The only problem with such a defamation suit is that Fox News has made their anti-Clinton narratives such an integral core of their identity that they couldn’t back down or settle like CNN did with that little twerp whose name I keep forgetting. They would almost certainly feel like they’d have to die on this hill.

Last edited:
I think they may have actually stopped talking about Benghazi.
Haha…nope!

Hannity: The same Hillary who allegedly lied about Benghazi​

radio silence in this case is a good thing. Let Durham reveal what he is going to do and we can comment on it later.

Durham revealed that fox lied. I guess you're still waiting though.

Haha…nope!

Hannity: The same Hillary who allegedly lied about Benghazi​

I hope Hannity pushes it enough for Hillary to sue.

Fat chance.

Back
Top Bottom