• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Has anyone else come out today? (10/11)

What's your estimate on the Gay proportion of the US population (??) I'd like to know.

seriously?
Mhm, quite. Why?
What's your estimate on the Gay proportion of the US population (??) I'd like to know.
Of people who are flat out gay? I really am not sure, because I associate in fora that seem to have disproportionate numbers of LGBT people, so my parallax view of the demographic may be completely wrong. I'd guess around 5-7% of people are flat-out gay, and you probably have 10% more who are somewhere in between (like moi).

Too bad there doesn't seem to be anyone else, though.

Mhm, quite. Why?

Of people who are flat out gay? I really am not sure, because I associate in fora that seem to have disproportionate numbers of LGBT people, so my parallax view of the demographic may be completely wrong. I'd guess around 5-7% of people are flat-out gay, and you probably have 10% more who are somewhere in between (like moi).

How about 1% Really Gay and about an additional 4% Marginal with like Females making up a good 60% of that 4%.

Both.

It's not as though I don't know a few people who passed on the opportunity :D

well, the timing might need to be right, i would think....and would depend on who you are telling. are there cards for that? ;-)

agreed....i thought the accepted number was around 10%?
I really don't know. I know that anti-gay people like to lowball it, and I suspect of pro-gay people of inflating the numbers a bit.
well, the timing might need to be right, i would think....and would depend on who you are telling. are there cards for that? ;-)
Cards? I'm not understanding D:

I really don't know. I know that anti-gay people like to lowball it, and I suspect of pro-gay people of inflating the numbers a bit.

Cards? I'm not understanding D:

"Coming Out" cards......

Last edited:
"Comin Out" cards......
Oh, duh >_>.

I dunno. A lot of people knew already, it's just that all of my extended family are horrible religious bigots, so...

I just say "out with it." It would be nice to just hand someone a card and then have no more questions, but it almost never happens that way.

Oh, duh >_>.

I dunno. A lot of people knew already, it's just that all of my extended family are horrible religious bigots, so...

I just say "out with it." It would be nice to just hand someone a card and then have no more questions, but it almost never happens that way.

that's too bad. i hope your immediate family is supportive, and to hell with your extended family.

that's too bad. i hope your immediate family is supportive, and to hell with your extended family.
It's one of those "just know about it" things. I kind of like it. I don't have much reason to talk about it, and they don't bring it up.

Really? I'm the only one? ¬_¬

latest stats say about 7-8% of the US pop is gay. of course all those stats rely on the fact that people are being honest when asked about their sexual preference.

what is the point of having a national coming out day? how about a national shut the **** up, no one really gives a **** who you boink day?

the whole thing seems a bit narcissistic if you ask me... "ooooh look at me everybody, I'm special. please, please, please pay attention to me"

latest stats say about 7-8% of the US pop is gay. of course all those stats rely on the fact that people are being honest when asked about their sexual preference.

what is the point of having a national coming out day? how about a national shut the **** up, no one really gives a **** who you boink day?

the whole thing seems a bit narcissistic if you ask me... "ooooh look at me everybody, I'm special. please, please, please pay attention to me"
Maybe when the bolded part becomes true, you'll get your day.

4%-8% has been the accepted figure based on research over time.

Maybe when the bolded part becomes true, you'll get your day.

that's just it...I don't want or need a day. sad that so many people do. at least in the US gays are pretty much tolerated and for the most part people don't give a rat's ass. could be much worse

101010_serbiarioting_grid-8x2.jpg

BELGRADE, Serbia — Serbian riot police fought running battles Sunday with thousands of far-right supporters who hurled Molotov cocktails and stun grenades to try disrupt a gay pride march in downtown Belgrade. More than 140 people were hurt and more than 200 were arrested, officials said.

Thousands of police officers sealed off the streets in the capital where the march took place, repeatedly clashing at several locations with rioters who tried to burst through security cordons.

Several parked cars were set on fire or damaged, shop windows were broken, garbage containers were overturned and streets signs destroyed. Several shops were looted before police restored peace late afternoon.

The anti-gay rioters also fired shots and threw Molotov cocktails at the headquarters of the ruling pro-Western Democratic Party, setting the building's garage on fire. The state TV building and the headquarters of other political parties were also attacked, with many windows shattered by stones.

Protesters chanting "death to homosexuals!" hurled bricks, stones, glass bottles and stun grenades at riot police. Police responded by firing tear gas and deploying armored vehicles to disperse the protesters, who remained in the heart of the capital even after the brief pride march ended.

Dozens hurt, arrested in clashes at Serb gay march - World news - Europe - msnbc.com

when's the last time you saw "homophobes" in the US throwing bricks and fire bombs while screaming "death to homos" at a gay pride parade?

you too?

who knew?

Oh no I just meant that today is National Coming Out Day. I am totally straight. As I said in my facebook status I love women and boobs too much to go gay.

Back
Top Bottom