• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hard or Soft

Cookies, we're talking about cookies

• Total voters
... Cookies.

Get your mind out of the gutter.

Do you think cookies should be hard or soft?

Now, bit of a stupid question because it could depend on the type of cookie, but let's just use Chocolate Chip, the all time classic as our example.

To me, a cookie should be more on the soft side, chewie.

What say you?
If its a store bakery or home made chocolate chip cookie then I want them soft. I like the Famous Amos hard cookies.But I dislike the Keebler and Mother's soft chocolate chip cookies.

for chocolate chip, i prefer soft, but i do love Chips Ahoy even though i don't really eat them anymore. Mom called them "cardboard cookies," but i used to eat a lot of them back when i was heavy. great with milk.

Cookies need to have some snap. I really don't like soft chewy cookies.

Pepperidge farm now has Farmhouse Cookies, which are thin and crispy. There are several local brands here that are the same, especially like a thin butter crunch.

... Cookies.

Now, bit of a stupid question because it could depend on the type of cookie, but let's just use Chocolate Chip, the all time classic as our example.

What say you?

Like any food, it depends on the chef. Either can be good if done right.

You can keep your cakes and pies and ice cream, I'll have a good soft chocolate chip cookie any day over most desserts.
Maybe too good though, I find it hard to stop eating them.

Same here. On my birthday I always ask for chocolate chip cookies instead of cake, nothing beats a good soft chocolate chip cookie warm from the oven and all gooey.

... Cookies.

What say you?

Soft. No contest.

I honestly thought this thread was about ice cream not that it matters the answer is the same
Hard or soft doesn't matter what matters is you have a cookie! (or ice cream if we are talking about that)

Eat it off the roll............cold!

I love cookie dough, and of course cake batter

I used to buy Pillsbury Chocolate Chocolate chip cookie dough and eat it raw without cooking

I voted "hard," but I would prefer to use the term "crisp," like those buttery thin-baked chocolate chip cookies. Those are my favorites.

^^ This. I voted for hard, too, but not hard like biscotti. Hard like crisp. Like if I were eating Chips Ahoy, I'd want the blue bag instead of the red bag. The red bag tastes like ass and shouldn't even be considered a cookie.

I like cookies with crisp edges but soft insides. Those are the best. Thin gourmet cookies :)

Cookies that are hard and dry all the way through are basically stale IMO or the person who made them skimped on the butter.

^^ This. I voted for hard, too, but not hard like biscotti. Hard like crisp. Like if I were eating Chips Ahoy, I'd want the blue bag instead of the red bag. The red bag tastes like ass and shouldn't even be considered a cookie.

//// tastes like ass //// :lamo

Back
Top Bottom