• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Hamid Karzai demands US hand over gunmen who killed children

RyrineaHaruno

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Hamid Karzai demands US hand over gunmen who killed children - Times Online

A Western official was also scathing. “There’s no doubt that there were insurgents there, and there may well have been an insurgent leader in the house, but that doesn’t justify executing eight children who were all enrolled in local schools,” he said. Rahman Jan Ehsas, the local headmaster, told The Times that seven of the students were handcuffed before they were shot. A local farm labourer and a shepherd boy were also killed, he said.

What the hell? They killed children this is a outrageous.... If this is true, I to demeaned that they have a trail for these people.

Last edited:
The Afghani government claims that this operation "killed ten youths, eight of them school students inside two rooms in a house, without encountering any armed resistance." A local official claims that seven of the students were handcuffed before being shot. The UN says "Based on our initial investigation, eight of those killed were students enrolled in local schools." The US and NATO claim that the forces came under fire and that all the people killed were part of a bomb-making cell. Neither side notes the age of these students or any further details.

Unclear what actually happened, but any calls for people to be turned over are certainly premature.

Just because they were enrolled in school doesn't mean they weren't insurgents. Id' like to know how old they are and what evidence NATO has before I form an opinion on this one.

I'd say we should be asking ourselves why kill children in cold blood. This is murder in cold blood even when these soldiers had the children handcuffed with no resistance they proceeded to shoot at them.

Last edited:
I'd say we should be asking ourselves why kill children in cold blood. This is murder in cold blood even when these soldiers had the children handcuffed with no resistance they proceeded to shoot at them.

Thats assuming that the information is accurate. I remember a few years back, we thought that our troops were executing enemy combatants due to the high number of "head shots." It was found that the shots were taken at hundreds of meters, indicating our soliders were just that good. Needless to say, you'd need more information before you could make an informed decision about what actually happened here.

Assuming this happened that way. Since we don't know yet, we shouldn't come to any conclusions either way.

I know, but still you have to wonder, if it is true.

if it is true, then the soldiers who commited these crimes deserve to face punishment. If they were given a command to the do this act, the CO deserves punishment as well. But unless we get enough information to determine this happened, we cannot persecute them. It'd be best to investigate this in cooperation with Afghanistan before jumping to conclusions.

Obviously its something you want to believe, so in your mind it is true.

Do you actually think that I want our soldiers to kill kids? I sure as hell don't want any of that type of thing. :roll:

Just because they were enrolled in school doesn't mean they weren't insurgents. Id' like to know how old they are and what evidence NATO has before I form an opinion on this one.

Ages 11-17.

Western troops accused of executing 10 Afghan civilians, including children - Times Online
In a telephone interview last night, the headmaster said that the victims were asleep in three rooms when the troops arrived. “Seven students were in one room,” said Rahman Jan Ehsas. “A student and one guest were in another room, a guest room, and a farmer was asleep with his wife in a third building.

“First the foreign troops entered the guest room and shot two of them. Then they entered another room and handcuffed the seven students. Then they killed them. Abdul Khaliq [the farmer] heard shooting and came outside. When they saw him they shot him as well. He was outside. That’s why his wife wasn’t killed.”

Please tell me you see the difference between an incident where civilians and children were accidentally killed in an airstrike and an incident where children were allegedly rounded up, handcuffed, and executed.

Yes, I do, see the difference......

Back
Top Bottom