• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP seeks to place limits on Absentee voting and Early Voting on Sunday

I find your inability to address the topic personally embarrassing.

How many of you democrats feel that states should have their executive and judicial branches make election law despite it being constitutionally mandated that legislatures do so?

There's no topic really to address here. You're just spreading misinformation.

True and I hope for every voter suppression bill put forward by Republicans there are two bills expanding voter access for everyone...
It would be nice. It's just logical to install mail-in voting systems the likes of Colorado.

No, their job was not to hear the case. Their job is to rule on cases they decide to hear. They decide what cases to hear. Do you not know how the supreme court works? lmao

I do indeed, which is why this blatant disregard for how they are supposed to adjudicate bothers me.

I do indeed, which is why this blatant disregard for how they are supposed to adjudicate bothers me.

Part of their job is to not hear cases. You're mad they didn't hear this case. That doesn't mean they didn't do their job. They did. They deemed it not worthwhile to hear. That's how their job works. They literally did their job. You're just mad they didn't entertain the ridiculous case.

Really, what part of that is misinformation?

Your claims that "executive and judicial branches are making voting laws" or whatever

Part of their job is to not hear cases. You're mad they didn't hear this case. That doesn't mean they didn't do their job. They did. They deemed it not worthwhile to hear. That's how their job works. They literally did their job. You're just mad they didn't entertain the ridiculous case.

Your claims that "executive and judicial branches are making voting laws" or whatever

Sigh Pennsylvania. The executive and judicial branches changed voting laws within 90 days of an election when the legislature did not do so. They exceeded their authority.

Why are you screaming misinformation when you don't even know what's going on?

That is my read as well. This is just getting uncomfortable, though. It is getting so much more transparent. Maybe it just needs to be uncomfortable and the masks need to come off.
Did you mean hoods?

Demonization in place of rational discussion, no surprise. The court abdicated their job. Their job was to hear a case that had no other constitutional venue.

All Trump supporters have been doing is demonizing instead of rational discussion. You guys all claimed election fraud but could never PROVE there was election fraud. You are the ones demonizing our system.

Demonization in place of rational discussion, no surprise. The court abdicated their job. Their job was to hear a case that had no other constitutional venue.
That's not true. SCOTUS chooses not to hear thousands more cases than they do hear, obviously not all Constitutional issues. Since SCOTUS chose not to hear the case even though they have original jurisdiction indicates the case was obviously without merit.

All Trump supporters have been doing is demonizing instead of rational discussion. You guys all claimed election fraud but could never PROVE there was election fraud. You are the ones demonizing our system.

I am presenting perfectly rational discussion. In Pennsylvania, according to their state constitution, all election law is made by the legislature. The executive branch has no power to modify it and the judicial branch is supposed to rule on constitutionality not make remedies that rewrite the law.

Agree or disagree?

That's not true. SCOTUS chooses not to hear thousands more cases than they do hear, obviously not all Constitutional issues. Since SCOTUS chose not to hear the case even though they have original jurisdiction indicates the case was obviously without merit.
Not according to Alito and Thomas.

Sigh Pennsylvania. The executive and judicial branches changed voting laws within 90 days of an election when the legislature did not do so. They exceeded their authority.

Why are you screaming misinformation when you don't even know what's going on?

Tell us what laws were changed.

Link.

First try at posting a thread. I don't know what qualifies as MSM. Admins of course are free to move this as need be.

That said, this stinks to high heaven. Absentee voting has been shown to be perfectly reliable. Getting rid of early voting on Sunday? This just seems to be such a blatant attempt at voter suppression. Thoughts?
I see no need for early voting when absentee is a thing. I don't much care for absentee, either, but I see why it exists and haven't heard of a reasonable alternative.

If it "stops" some people from voting, I imagine those people didn't care too much about the process in the first place. I've never understood why voting is supposed to be as easy as possible. Expend some effort.

I find your inability to address the topic personally embarrassing.

How many of you democrats feel that states should have their executive and judicial branches make election law despite it being constitutionally mandated that legislatures do so?

First off I am not nor ever will be a member of any party, I think for myself.

In other words I am anti cultist...

And emergency actions taken by anyone in order to make sure anyone's vote is counted even during a pandemic is fine by me.

Conservatives all over tbe country are crying that trump lost here in Wisconsin.

What they fail to acknowledge is that all tbe changes to our voting regulations were bipartisan.

The two people who were in charge if the election were our current AG a Democrat, and our previous AG a Republican.
They worked together so that all legal votes could and would be counted.

So if you think that in some way Scott Walker's AG fixed the election against trump, you are not partaking in reality...

I see no need for early voting when absentee is a thing. I don't much care for absentee, either, but I see why it exists and haven't heard of a reasonable alternative.

If it "stops" some people from voting, I imagine those people didn't care too much about the process in the first place. I've never understood why voting is supposed to be as easy as possible. Expend some effort.

Democracy isn’t a hazing ritual. Voting should be easy.

Unfortunately logic and politics mix like oil and water...
Particularly in Republican controlled States looking to enact voter suppression techniques in order to maintain power.

If the states pass new election laws to make absentee voting harder....they'll be cutting off their nose to spite their face...because before the 2020 election, Republicans overwhelmingly used mail in voting more than Democrats by wide margins.

In short, they won't just be making harder for Democrats to vote....they'll be making it much harder for Republicans to vote, too.
I don't care. If people want to vote, they'll vote. I just want to make it harder for the corrupt crooks to engage in election fraud.

I don't care. If people want to vote, they'll vote. I just want to make it harder for the corrupt crooks to engage in election fraud.

Then we are already successful because there wasn't any fraud that would change the election results. So /thread for you then.

The problem is, of course, that facts aren't conspiracy theory. But they are uncomfortable to the narrative being built up.
True facts are not a CT but you are not peddling facts you are peddling a proven CT

And I want the corrupt crooks to stop claiming election fraud where there was none.

Republicans are just going to make harder for millions of republican voters who are used to voting by mail and/or have been primed to believe the elections are rigged and/or find the new rules inconvenient and/or will likely just stay home and not vote at all. Whereas Democrats are used to being inconvenienced at the polls and getting IDs, and driving for miles to the nearest polling station and standing in line for long hours in all kinds of weather just to vote. The point is Republicans will hurt their own voter turnout a lot more than they will the Democrats.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom