• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP seeks to place limits on Absentee voting and Early Voting on Sunday

You're right. And U.S. Supreme Court opinions also said that this does not mean that those laws are not subject to judicial review or administration by state governments.

And the law said Pennsylvania would not count votes received after election day.
Extending ut out by three days is administrating the law.

Tough shit.

The PA Supreme Court has the power to review election laws and laws related to the elector's close.

Tough shit.

That's what judges do.
SCOTUS should have have taken up the challenge. Justice Thomas was correct in that this issue will yet again flare up in 2024.
Better to decide now when the political passions of the issue are somewhat cooler.

I refer you to the second line of the statute you quoted. Were you hoping I and others would forget?

Sec. 2. Failure to make choice on prescribed day.

Whenever any State has held an election for the purpose of choosing electors and has failed to make a choice on the day prescribed by law, the electors may be appointed on a subsequent day in such a manner as the legislature of such State may direct.

Why would I think you have forgotten? The legislature laid out how the vote was to occur. The court said 'no' and ordered it done another way.
I am not seeing "court" in that sentence, are you?[/QUOTE]

How about claims that the voting practices in Pennsylvania were unconstitutional in multiple ways? Does saying that means to your eyes, I'm inside the capitol? Frankly, its disgusting you can't discuss things without a deliberate smear that just shuts down the conversation.
Then Pennsylvania should have taken steps to correct it before the election. It certainly is no reason to disqualify thousands of ballots cast in good faith

the legislature granted them emergency powers. take it up with them.

The legislature doesn't get to delegate its responsibilities and it certainly doesn't to the COURTS, who have no power to craft election laws but to decide their constitutionality.

If the legislature doesn't make a law the law on the books remains operable. In this instance the court simply grabbed authority and in addition refused every challenge to their newly drafted legislation, which is exactly why they don't get to make law---there is no check or balance on a state SC making law.

Then Pennsylvania should have taken steps to correct it before the election. It certainly is no reason to disqualify thousands of ballots cast in good faith

Pennsylvania doesn't need to correct anything, they had constitutional laws on the books before.

Pennsylvania doesn't need to correct anything, they had constitutional laws on the books before.
Whatever laws applied for the 2020 election were the same whether people voted for Trump or for Biden. Biden won. End of story

Whatever laws applied for the 2020 election were the same whether people voted for Trump or for Biden. Biden won. End of story

Well, so much for serious responses.

The legislature doesn't get to delegate its responsibilities and it certainly doesn't to the COURTS, who have no power to craft election laws but to decide their constitutionality.

If the legislature doesn't make a law the law on the books remains operable. In this instance the court simply grabbed authority and in addition refused every challenge to their newly drafted legislation, which is exactly why they don't get to make law---there is no check or balance on a state SC making law.

Emergency powers are laws written by legislatures.

Did not everybody voting in Pennsylvania vote under the same conditions?
Why are you bringing in an irrelevant response and expecting to be taken seriously?

Why are you bringing in an irrelevant response and expecting to be taken seriously?
Please answer my question and do it CORRECTLY this time
Did everyone voting in Pennsylvania vote under the same condition or not?

Please answer my question and do it CORRECTLY this time
Did everyone voting in Pennsylvania vote under the same condition or not?
LOL, demand away with your capslock. Its irrelevant to discussion so expect to be waiting a long time.

The GOPers losses so bad in the field of demographics and ideas that gradually feel the need to become fascists to retain their power...

LOL, demand away with your capslock. Its irrelevant to discussion so expect to be waiting a long time.
Lol indeed. You know very well that the conditions under which votes were cast in Pennsylvania were the same regardless of who one voted for. And it so happened that Biden got the most

The GOPers losses so bad in the field of demographics and ideas that gradually feel the need to become fascists to retain their power...
I don't disagree with your statement in general but the GOP didn't do so bad in down ballot races. If there was massive voting fraud as Trump claims, wouldn't it stand to reason that Democrats would have cheated in down ballot races as well and secured themselves a filibuster proof majority in the Senate?

Lol indeed. You know very well that the conditions under which votes were cast in Pennsylvania were the same regardless of who one voted for. And it so happened that Biden got the most

Which is in no way relevant to what is being discussed. No one was arguing they were somehow different or unequal, so straw man points, go you!

Back
Top Bottom