• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP seeks to place limits on Absentee voting and Early Voting on Sunday

All the election fraud your side has never been able to prove.

I don't think lies and dishonesty are a strong backbone for arguments supporting voter suppression.

Funny how they keep pushing this despite actual evidence that it is in fact Trump that was attempting election fraud. It defies any logic, and that's how they like to roll.
It will be interesting, yet predictable, how they will respond when Trump is jailed for it.

Quit yer bitching.

After all the election fraud that was enabled by abusing the absentee ballot system, did you expect the GA Republicans to just sit back without doing something to prevent it happening again?

I particularly like the one about requiring a photo id when applying for an absentee ballot. This will eliminate all those illegal ballots dumped into the counting center at 3:00 in the morning.
The claims of the stolen election were just a con by Trump who is nothing more than a con man. the only attempt at stealing the election was done by trump and his minions.

Funny how they keep pushing this despite actual evidence that it is in fact Trump that was attempting election fraud. It defies any logic, and that's how they like to roll.
It will be interesting, yet predictable, how they will respond when Trump is jailed for it.
It defines any logic for anyone to be pro Trump yet they exist and are willing to destroy the country for him

The claims of the stolen election were just a con by Trump who is nothing more than a con man. the only attempt at stealing the election was done by trump and his minions.
This will go on forever or till Trump is in jail, it reminds me of the divorced man who can't "let go" and get on with his life, but has to keep lamenting about how evil his wife was and everything was HER fault, when it was just as likely his.

That's because evidence and reality isn't of concern to their narrative.

Quit yer bitching.

After all the election fraud that was enabled by abusing the absentee ballot system, did you expect the GA Republicans to just sit back without doing something to prevent it happening again?

I particularly like the one about requiring a photo id when applying for an absentee ballot. This will eliminate all those illegal ballots dumped into the counting center at 3:00 in the morning.
4lgjyw.jpg

Link.

First try at posting a thread. I don't know what qualifies as MSM. Admins of course are free to move this as need be.

That said, this stinks to high heaven. Absentee voting has been shown to be perfectly reliable. Getting rid of early voting on Sunday? This just seems to be such a blatant attempt at voter suppression. Thoughts?
Of course it is blatant. The GOP makes no secret of the fact that they need to suppress Democrats and minorities from getting to the polls. That's how GOP candidates win elections.

Yeah, some of the more devout "election was stolen" Trump Cultists do seem to hate America and American democracy as was demonstrated on Jan 6.

That's because evidence and reality isn't of concern to their narrative.
Remember when this approach would have been considered insanity by all? Yet they have huge support with that narrative. Ultimately they would also turn on their supporters if they were successful, because as we've been shown, their new approach is 'why do the works when you can still get the perks' (see Ted Cruz's first act when his constituents were without power and heat during a bitter winter storm resulting in deaths) These vile a-holes are out to steal as much as they can from the people and doing as little as possible for them, and eventually they wish to do nothing for them, yet retain full power. Why else are they more than hinting at Authoritarian rule in the U.S. with the vilest a-hole of them all at the top?

Last edited:
This will go on forever or till Trump is in jail, it reminds me of the divorced man who can't "let go" and get on with his life, but has to keep lamenting about how evil his wife was and everything was HER fault, when it was just as likely his.
I hope you are right but many are already claiming he has done nothing wrong and will pretend any convictions are purely political in nature. I think it will take a bit longer for the stench of Trumpism to disappear

The Confederate Party seeks to end voting and democracy

GOP seeks to place limits on Absentee voting and Early Voting on Sunday

Yeah, some of the more devout "election was stolen" Trump Cultists do seem to hate America and American democracy as was demonstrated on Jan 6.
How about claims that the voting practices in Pennsylvania were unconstitutional in multiple ways? Does saying that means to your eyes, I'm inside the capitol? Frankly, its disgusting you can't discuss things without a deliberate smear that just shuts down the conversation.

Of course it is blatant. The GOP makes no secret of the fact that they need to suppress Democrats and minorities from getting to the polls. That's how GOP candidates win elections.
I used to have a memo from ALEC (eventually lost on a computer crash) that was leaked.

It was sent to California Republicans stating that their studies ( heritage Foundation if my memory serves me) show that voter ID would drop minority votes by as much as ten percent.

Conservatives have zero interest in fair elections, all they are concerned with is who is voting....

How about claims that the voting practices in Pennsylvania were unconstitutional in multiple ways? Does saying that means to your eyes, I'm inside the capitol? Frankly, its disgusting you can't discuss things without a deliberate smear that just shuts down the conversation.
If there were a conversation worth having, then sure. But I'm not going to entertain inane and insane conspiracy theories like "the election was stolen" false narrative. It's disgusting that some cannot discuss things without falling back on that lie. And so long as folk want to rely on that lie, THEY will shut down the conversation. You can't discuss science with a flat-earther, you can't discuss politics with an "election was stolen" Cultist.

The very definition of "cult" that they continue to deny.

They are very, very fragile about that label, I believe it hits too close to home.

There are a couple of very outspoken cultists on here that will go crying to a mod if you even suggest they have cultist tendencies. (You thin skinned weenies know who you are...)

They are more than willing to be cultists, but are not brave enough to own the title...

If there were a conversation worth having, then sure. But I'm not going to entertain inane and insane conspiracy theories like "the election was stolen" false narrative. It's disgusting that some cannot discuss things without falling back on that lie. And so long as folk want to rely on that lie, THEY will shut down the conversation. You can't discuss science with a flat-earther, you can't discuss politics with an "election was stolen" Cultist.

Well you can, however you get warnings and time outs for pointing out stupidity...

No I am not talking about anyone in particular, I am clinging tightly to my last point... 😁

The problem is you cant find anyone willing to discuss the things that were done that were not constitutional. Because the stereotypes come flying out and the conversation collapses.

Certified by the GA Election Commission.

But so what?

That doesn't mean there wasn't election fraud and it certainly doesn't mean steps to prevent election fraud shouldn't be taken by the legislature.

They would do that immediately after they install the sasquautch fencing and the anti dragon missiles on tbe roof of their Capitol.

I mean if your going to fight a fictional foe, find one that people can really get behind...

The problem is you cant find anyone willing to discuss the things that were done that were not constitutional. Because the stereotypes come flying out and the conversation collapses.
Things went through the courts and found to be OK. So there's not much there.

I would hope, actually, that all States without mail-in voting systems take this time to develop mail-in voting systems like Colorado.

No the problem for you is that most people live in tbis place called reality, and have become tired of trying to help people like you.

It's sad but sometimes you just have to walk away from people that are unwilling to accept the help offered to them...

No the problem for you is that most people live in tbis place called reality, and have become tired of trying to help people like you.

It's sad but sometimes you just have to walk away from people that are unwilling to accept the help offered to them...

Why are you doing your absolute best to make this personal? Discuss the topic and back off the baiting bullshit.

Back
Top Bottom