• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP seeks to place limits on Absentee voting and Early Voting on Sunday

Certified by the GA Election Commission.

But so what?

That doesn't mean there wasn't election fraud and it certainly doesn't mean steps to prevent election fraud shouldn't be taken by the legislature.
There was no election fraud. Your opinion means nothing. You are inconsequential.

Quit yer bitching.

After all the election fraud that was enabled by abusing the absentee ballot system, did you expect the GA Republicans to just sit back without doing something to prevent it happening again?

I particularly like the one about requiring a photo id when applying for an absentee ballot. This will eliminate all those illegal ballots dumped into the counting center at 3:00 in the morning.

If the states pass new election laws to make absentee voting harder....they'll be cutting off their nose to spite their face...because before the 2020 election, Republicans overwhelmingly used mail in voting more than Democrats by wide margins.

In short, they won't just be making harder for Democrats to vote....they'll be making it much harder for Republicans to vote, too.

The problem is you cant find anyone willing to discuss the things that were done that were not constitutional. Because the stereotypes come flying out and the conversation collapses.
What you want to do is take that claim to the CT section where it belongs.

What you want to do is take that claim to the CT section where it belongs.
Oh for gods sake, read Thomas' dissent. Your response is intellectually lazy.

Things went through the courts and found to be OK. So there's not much there.

I would hope, actually, that all States without mail-in voting systems take this time to develop mail-in voting systems like Colorado.

That is one thing we learned from this election, mail in voting is not only convenient, it is safe and secure and is tbe answer to 15 hour lines at the polls.

It is clearly the way to move forward if democracy is the goal.

Now it your goal is voter suppression, you obviously have to make voting as inconvenient as humanly possible...

Oh for gods sake, read Thomas' dissent. Your response is intellectually lazy.

Its already been decided that it wasnt unconstitutional.
You have 3 choices
1. Take it to the Ct section where it belongs.
2. Stop talking about it
3. Stop whining that no one wants to discuss your CT

Thomas's dissent doesn't mean squat...

It damn sure isn't CT material. This is what I mean, no effort whatsoever to discuss the actual facts and every attempt to strangle the conversation. By multiple methods in just this thread.

If you are that ready to destroy the conversation, there is a reason why.

That is one thing we learned from this election, mail in voting is not only convenient, it is safe and secure and is tbe answer to 15 hour lines at the polls.

It is clearly the way to move forward if democracy is the goal.

Now it your goal is voter suppression, you obviously have to make voting as inconvenient as humanly possible...
Well a handful of States, like Colorado, knew that mail-in voting was safe and secure and the best way to run voting.

Its already been decided that it wasnt unconstitutional.
You have 3 choices
1. Take it to the Ct section where it belongs.
2. Stop talking about it
3. Stop whining that no one wants to discuss your CT

Last I checked you aren't a mod and can't tell me what to post and last I checked posting facts isn't conspiracy theory.

Why do you think the legislative reaction to restrict absentee voting?

Last I checked you aren't a mod and can't tell me what to post and last I checked posting facts isn't conspiracy theory.

Why do you think the legislative reaction to restrict absentee voting?
Ok take option 4 continue talking about the CT here and whine because no one is taking you seriously
I was giving you the options that would end your impasse but if you want to continue hitting your head on a brick wall of course you are free to do so

Why are you doing your absolute best to make this personal? Discuss the topic and back off the baiting bullshit.

Not personal at all, just trying to point the way to reality...

For instance for most of my life I entertainer beliefs in. Bigfoot.

I benefit was possible with some of tbe vast stretches of wilderness that still exist that it would be possible for such a creature to exist.

However with tbe advent of trail cams, with millions and millions out there it is clear he does not exist...

I do find it personally embarrassing that I realized that Santa, and God were not real when I was eight, but I believed in Bigfoot til well into my forties.

My point being is that reality is just a moment of clarity away...

You are mad that the courts didn't do what you wanted. That's life. Especially when you are promoting some crackpot conspiracy theory lmao. The courts did their job.
"crackpot conspiracy theory" as outlined by Thomas in his recent dissent. Nothing a healthy dose of rationalization can't fix.

Well a handful of States, like Colorado, knew that mail-in voting was safe and secure and the best way to run voting.

True and I hope for every voter suppression bill put forward by Republicans there are two bills expanding voter access for everyone...

Ok take option 4 continue talking about the CT here and whine because no one is taking you seriously
I was giving you the options that would end your impasse but if you want to continue hitting your head on a brick wall of course you are free to do so

The problem is, of course, that facts aren't conspiracy theory. But they are uncomfortable to the narrative being built up.

A dissent means that the rapist Thomas was in the minority. The court did their job.
Demonization in place of rational discussion, no surprise. The court abdicated their job. Their job was to hear a case that had no other constitutional venue.

Link.

First try at posting a thread. I don't know what qualifies as MSM. Admins of course are free to move this as need be.

That said, this stinks to high heaven. Absentee voting has been shown to be perfectly reliable. Getting rid of early voting on Sunday? This just seems to be such a blatant attempt at voter suppression. Thoughts?

Not bad for a first attempt. You couldn't have chose a more contentious issue. ;)

Early voting on Sundays have been accepted for a long time. It's usually been a matter left up to the respective counties in each state. Most states didn't prohibit early voting on Sundays as long as it was conducted within a specific time frame as this information brief from the National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) points out. So, why has early voting on Sundays suddenly become an day of concern? The answer should be obvious to everyone, but as the OP article makes clear, many Black churches hold "Souls to the Polls" voting drives in the days prior to the general election.

Quit yer bitching.

Well, that's rather friendly of you. If this is how you treat someone making their first thread post, I'd hate to see how you treat a first time visitor to your home.

After all the election fraud that was enabled by abusing the absentee ballot system, did you expect the GA Republicans to just sit back without doing something to prevent it happening again?

GA election officials have NEVER claimed widespread voter fraud in the 2020 presidential election. In fact, they've discounted it. Therefore, none of your or any conservative Republican projecting your claims of voter fraud will ever make it true.

I particularly like the one about requiring a photo id when applying for an absentee ballot.

I think photo ID is a good things as well. However, I have a problem with states, i.e., Alabama, shutting down satellite DMV offices where in some regions these sites were the only place minorities voters in rural areas could obtain a valid state issued photo ID, thus, making it more difficult for these poor people with very limited transportation to go to larger population areas to obtain an ID.

This will eliminate all those illegal ballots dumped into the counting center at 3:00 in the morning.

Where's your proof that such a thing ever happened? If you're referring to the ballot drop box situation out of CA, here's an article that explains it all. I'll provide you with the highlights as quoted below:

Mike Sanchez, a spokesman for the L.A. County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk (RR/CC) told Reuters via email that the ballots shown in these videos “are valid ballots and will be processed and counted in our Official Election Canvass.” The ballots, Sanchez said, were being picked up by RR/CC staff.

All vote by mail ballot drop boxes were closed and locked at 8 PM on Election Day. Ballots from all boxes throughout the County were picked up the following day,” he added.

Information on the California Secretary of State's website (bit.ly/36pCyVl) states: "Vote-by-mail ballots that are personally delivered to a ballot drop-off location must be delivered no later than the close of polls at 8:00 p.m. on Election Day."

As long as the ballots are dropped off at a valid ballot drop-box by 8pm on Election Day, they can be collected and counted even if the counts take place after Election Day. And as has been stated, the drop-off boxes are locked by 8pm on Election Day. Provide proof this was done illegally and we can debate it. In other words, unless you have proof that a ballot drop box wasn't secured by the 8pm Election Day dead line, you have no argument. So, stop being a sore loser and apologize to the new thread poster for your rude behavior.

Demonization in place of rational discussion, no surprise. The court abdicated their job. Their job was to hear a case that had no other constitutional venue.

No, their job was not to hear the case. Their job is to rule on cases they decide to hear. They decide what cases to hear. Do you not know how the supreme court works? lmao

Not personal at all, just trying to point the way to reality...

For instance for most of my life I entertainer beliefs in. Bigfoot.

I benefit was possible with some of tbe vast stretches of wilderness that still exist that it would be possible for such a creature to exist.

However with tbe advent of trail cams, with millions and millions out there it is clear he does not exist...

I do find it personally embarrassing that I realized that Santa, and God were not real when I was eight, but I believed in Bigfoot til well into my forties.

My point being is that reality is just a moment of clarity away...

I find your inability to address the topic personally embarrassing.

How many of you democrats feel that states should have their executive and judicial branches make election law despite it being constitutionally mandated that legislatures do so?

Back
Top Bottom