• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Girl asks me to church, interest in me or thinks I need Jesus?

She had her daughter when she was 18 and works at Hooters. So no I don't.

seems like odd characteristics for someone who practices the SOUTHERN baptist faith
my experience was that the women tended to wear floor length skirts, wear no make up, play no cards, engage in no dancing, and act very deferential to all elderly and men folk
not what i would expect to be the source for many hooter gals

assume you are in the friend zone and act like it
let her convince you otherwise

seems like odd characteristics for someone who practices the SOUTHERN baptist faith
my experience was that the women tended to wear floor length skirts, wear no make up, play no cards, engage in no dancing, and act very deferential to all elderly and men folknot what i would expect to be the source for many hooter gals

Maybe you're thinking of Pentecostals. I grew up in a very Batpist environment in Texas. We were never to the extreme that you describe, even 50 years ago. Today, Baptist women even wear slacks to church- oh the horror. :lol:

Perhaps it is the day her church has their reading of Ezekial 23: 20-21?

Maybe you're thinking of Pentecostals. I grew up in a very Batpist environment in Texas. We were never to the extreme that you describe, even 50 years ago. Today, Baptist women even wear slacks to church- oh the horror. :lol:
to the extent i was raised in church as a youth, it was in the southern baptist tradition. there i found the women in long skirts who were both differential and obedient to males. dancing and cards were prohibited (eliminating board games where cards were used)
and today, when officiating at southern baptist schools, i see little change from that i experienced in the 50-60's
now my exposure was/is to southern baptists in the carolinas and those in your region of the country may be different
my wife is a member of the first baptist church. her minister makes a point to communicate to the public that this church is NOT affiliated in any way with the southern baptist congregations, as that denomination's intolerance is found to be embarrassing to them
another thing i observe that continues from my youth until today is that the youth in southern baptist congregations will likely be very respectful and obedient. but the church sponsored schools will be academically unchallenging

again, i found it surprising that a single mother working for hooters, who is at the top of her class, was also of the southern baptist tradition. hopefully, those traits are indicative of a independent thinker

my experience was that the women tended to wear floor length skirts, wear no make up, play no cards, engage in no dancing, and act very deferential to all elderly and men folk
not what i would expect to be the source for many hooter gals

Are you sure you're not thinking of 7th Day Adventists?

She may be interested in you or she may just be trying to earn some brownie points by being a good proselytizer

My advice is to go to the church with her and during the service, fall to the floor and writhe around like you're having a seizure. She will be impressed with your religiosity and then you can go home with her and bang the bejeezus out of her.

The Baptist denomination is not monolithic. There are many different types of "Baptists". :)

Are you sure you're not thinking of 7th Day Adventists?

not that different in these parts but for the day of sabbath thing
however, i am quite familiar with the local southern baptist congregations

how many southern baptist gals do you know who work at hooters
more likely to be employees of the bible book store

So the playground in my apartment complex I've been seeing the same girl there with her daughter while Im there with my daughter. We talk a lot, and the other day she asked if me and my daughter would want to go to church with her and if my daughter couldn't (if she was with her mom at the time) she still wanted me to go with her and her daughter. Let me give some set up, Im a 29 year old factory worker, dreams crushed years ago by ex, and I look like a blonde hair blue eyed ogre. She works at Hooters (which I found surprising when she told me you would have never guessed by how she talks), was featured in a local magazine for being the best student graduating, is going to another school for her Bachelors soon, is 22 and had her 4 year old when she was 18. Oh and she is also blonde hair, blue eyed, and very good looking and loves church.

So question is, is she at least relatively interested in me (Maybe she sees that Im the Iron Man of dads perhaps?) or does she just think I need Jesus that bad? Women's opinions are more valued here.

Perhaps some of both.

:)

Well just an update went to church with her, went to the pool with her, might go see a ball game with her with her daughter and mine. She clearly only sees this as strictly friends still. Seeing her in her swim suit was pretty cool though. See what happens I reckon.

Why would either sex ask someone to go to church? as a first date for the lack of a better word. Way too presumptuous unless you two talk about religion in depth. Equate it to her asking to meet your parents tomorrow. That would freak me out big time. Last, why do you prefer the advice of women on a woman problem? Not a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom