• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Conway withdraws from Lincoln Project -Kellyanne leaving WH

She should’ve left long ago. It is improper for a married woman to be creating household drama by basically arguing against her husband

I'm guessing that you're single.

Honestly I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. There is only so much a couple can be completely be polar opposites on strongly political views before they are either divorced, one agrees to side with the other, or both withdraw from both the polar opposite sides. Good for them and hopeful for their relationship.

She is scheduled to speak at the RNC, which is kind of crazy given this news.

George Conway withdraws from Lincoln Project -Kellyanne leaving WH

George Conway withdrawing from Lincoln Project | TheHill

His wife Kellyanne is leaving the WH at the end of the month

This does appear as a surprise, but well orchestrated, where the family will retreat from social media.

I wonder why she is leaving the WH?

We need a Pecker on this

Their kids are totally ****ed up. Who wooda ever thunk? The mother is a forever Trumper and the father is a never Trumper. Their mother is delusional and their father is just a plain lunatic. He lost his battle to TDS a long time ago.

However, Twitter is a two-way street. I'm sure people have tweeted some very hurtful things to Conway's daughter, both about her and her parents. That can be difficult for anyone, let alone a teenager.

Yup.
That's why she also tweeted, "Welcome to my life" when remarking on the issue of all this becoming public anyway...it was going to anyway because for Claudia, it has been going that way for the entire time, since she was eleven and Kellyanne joined Team Trump.

Her entire teenage life has been in a fishbowl not of her making.
So now she has apparently decided to take some measure of control over it.

I've avoided commenting on this thread because it is about a family in pain. It's obviously reached a crisis point. But, the circumstances, while dramatic, are going on all over the country.

Adolescents and teenagers often rebel against their parents, but, unless one is not paying attention, this is embematic of the generational conflict going on all over the country. Kids are marching over gun control, Black Lives Matter, immigration justice and the environment like I've never seen before, although I lived through the 60s and 70s. They're trying to get our attention.

Trump has been a catalyst for change, but in the opposite way he imagines. Kids all over, mine included, are pushing us to be better, to pay attention and to do something constructive about it. Face it, Trump represents the generation the kids of the 60s aand 70s were rebelling against. They now just have more issues to address. Frankly, AOC is just the tip of the iceberg. Her views are pervasive in the next generation, so Claudia is far from alone in her angst.

And YES, in due time some of this new generation will gradually moderate a few of their more extreme views, but the net result is still going to be a process that brings America a little more back to a moderate center-Left atmosphere.

We've been pulled so far to the extreme political right that outright authoritarian fascists are feeling entitled to make their cause look legitimate, by virtue of constructing a well-funded false series of narratives about everyone outside their circle, to include of course, Democrats, liberals, social democrats and yes, never-Trumper conservatives, who they label closet communist sympathizers, or at the very least, RINO's.

They've even constructed a false history, false current events and a false political spectrum which is pretzeled into a Gordian Knot that says that communists are the real fascists, antifa are the real fascists and that people who see racism are the real racists.

The only stage beyond this is the total dissolution of any effective representative democracy and neutering the Rule of Law itself.
This is not a stretch for Trump or Trumpers, because for Trump it is nothing more than a hostile corporate takeover of the Constitution, and since he sells reality TV dreams for a living, he has sold it to his audience.

Only he knows the truth and only he can fix these multiple crises, of his own making, but for which he blames everyone else, especially the previous administration.

But yes, in due time, many of this new generation will gravitate a little more to that center-Left, but in the process they will carry forward the essence of some of their more progressive values, in much the same way every successive generation carries with them some essence of their values. They will adapt and they will seek growth and stability.

But that is only possible if authoritarianism is fully and totally repudiated, in all its forms.
If not, we are destined to be forcibly slammed into a total embrace of it...quite possibly forever or until the collapse of this society.
And by the way, that latter possibility is just fine with the evangelical wing of Trumplandia...it is part of their plan for theocracy, which would just be another wrinkle in authoritarianism.
Both are wholly incompatible with constitutional representative democracy in a republic.

The Kids Are Alright.

1979-The-Kids-Are-Alright-OST.jpg

The victim shaming is disgusting, especially seeing as how nine out of ten of Claudia's harshest critics wouldn't last 15 minutes if they had to switch places with her.

Victim shaming? You mean on social media?

Sounds like dude was being too effective at the Lincoln Project so Kellyanne took one for the team.

Sounds like dude was being too effective at the Lincoln Project so Kellyanne took one for the team.

wish she could get a memoir out before november

She is scheduled to speak at the RNC, which is kind of crazy given this news.

Her daughter reacting to the news she is to speak I think is what triggered all of this. She was quite vocal on social media about it.

Trump on the rise? From where, Rasmussen, the ULTIMATE OUTLIER? :lamo

Personally, I just as soon see them and all polls report Trump ahead by 10 points. That's the way Biden needs to run, like he is behind. Complacency was the big fail in 2016.

I'm guessing that you're single.

He claims to have a beautiful MEXICAN girlfriend, which proves he is not a racist at all.

He claims to have a beautiful MEXICAN girlfriend, which proves he is not a racist at all.

I trust both sides of that statement the way I trust gas station sushi.

The victim shaming is disgusting, especially seeing as how nine out of ten of Claudia's harshest critics wouldn't last 15 minutes if they had to switch places with her.

True enough, 11 years old and with her life everywhere dominated by the rift the parents have.

From school to friends, she went thru and will go thru this for years, the hell for her parents actions

My opinion, KA got caught up in the limelight, thinking one is important and has influence and what importance she assigned that at the expense of her family

She should have left the administration for a couple years then come back to help re-elect. That was her best asset.

Wow, that's really sad to hear. Being a teenager is hard enough, but when you add the theater that must be having to deal with parents in the limelight in such a contentious way can't be easy by a long shot. I hope the Conway's are able to sort things out for the sake of the children.

Add in social media and the impact it has.

Can you imagine going thru your teens with the levels of life scrutiny now which we never experienced

I'm looking forward to reading BOTH their books. Should be a hoot.

My opinion- a ton of Trump insider book deals will be signed after he loses the election

True enough, 11 years old and with her life everywhere dominated by the rift the parents have.

From school to friends, she went thru and will go thru this for years, the hell for her parents actions

I barely handled the overreaction of "the left" during the height of the No Nukes! movement of the late 1970's.
It was just before I moved away to Minneapolis for college, and the movement was seeking out anything and everything nuclear related.
My old man had built this:

AURORA PULSED RADIATION SIMULATOR

The Aurora Pulsed Radiation Simulator was the first gamma radiation simulator of its size and capacity built in the world, The simulator achieved a new plateau of nuclear effects simulation, able to test complete weapons electronics packages critical to both strategic and tactical nuclear weapons design

That was his whole point, nuclear shots at Nevada Test Site were no longer necessary for 95% of weapons design and testing because these tiny simulators could do the job. But because it was owned by The Defense Nuclear Agency, the No Nukers were convinced that it was a hidden nuclear source in the friendly woods of rural Maryland, and our home was the site of no less than three demonstrations which lasted nearly two months.

No, nothing the size and scope of what we're seeing now, but the mere fact that these ignoramuses did not "get" the facts before assembling boggles the mind.

Her tweets about them, especially her mother and her work in the White House, have been brutal. I'm nor surprised they are retreating from public life.

The kid might have saved her mother's soul - although she claims dad is no bargain either.

Fat Boy Conway is a blithering fool.

You heard it here first - Kelly Ann Conway is The Mole in the Administration that wrote the letter to The New York Times in 2018. She stayed on as long as she could, fighting the "good fight." That's the only way that she and her husband could possibly stay together at odds as they supposedly were - they had a secret pact. She's now about to unload, just in time for the election.

At least this is my best guess, since I'm just some dude with a brain down in H-town, waiting for hurricanes to smack me.

Looks like Laura took a lot of the energy from Marcos (they actually predicted that ), and Laura is gonna hit north of you, so you won't bear the brunt. It's not gonna be a Harvey, that's for sure. For Huston at least.

I barely handled the overreaction of "the left" during the height of the No Nukes! movement of the late 1970's.
It was just before I moved away to Minneapolis for college, and the movement was seeking out anything and everything nuclear related.
My old man had built this:

AURORA PULSED RADIATION SIMULATOR

That was his whole point, nuclear shots at Nevada Test Site were no longer necessary for 95% of weapons design and testing because these tiny simulators could do the job. But because it was owned by The Defense Nuclear Agency, the No Nukers were convinced that it was a hidden nuclear source in the friendly woods of rural Maryland, and our home was the site of no less than three demonstrations which lasted nearly two months.

No, nothing the size and scope of what we're seeing now, but the mere fact that these ignoramuses did not "get" the facts before assembling boggles the mind.

Being honest I did not know they had kids that young

I once had a discussion with a fellow regarding hate for someone

I stated that is a bad road to go on.

Hate grows on itself

But I do hold Trumps enablers accountable

While KA to my knowledge has not broken any laws, she will be held accountable

Unfortunate that this includes their father & children

KA chose this road, and while others will pay, I feel for the rest of the family

You heard it here first - Kelly Ann Conway is The Mole in the Administration that wrote the letter to The New York Times in 2018. She stayed on as long as she could, fighting the "good fight." That's the only way that she and her husband could possibly stay together at odds as they supposedly were - they had a secret pact. She's now about to unload, just in time for the election.

At least this is my best guess, since I'm just some dude with a brain down in H-town, waiting for hurricanes to smack me.

Any proof?

Add in social media and the impact it has.

Can you imagine going thru your teens with the levels of life scrutiny now which we never experienced

Yeah, it's crazy. I have a teenage daughter so I've had multiple conversations about how to use it wisely. I'm not on social media at all; I dropped off once it started becoming to cluttered with useless information. I used Facebook to post pics of my daughter when she was young because it was a much easier thing to do than constantly sending emails. Once they introduced the newsfeed, it became a task having to limit posts from people who liked posting hour by hour updates.

Too much Trump drama has worn both of them out. I can relate. In fact I think most of the country can relate. See ya' Donald.

Back
Top Bottom