• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Conway withdraws from Lincoln Project -Kellyanne leaving WH

George Conway withdraws from Lincoln Project -Kellyanne leaving WH

George Conway withdrawing from Lincoln Project | TheHill

His wife Kellyanne is leaving the WH at the end of the month

This does appear as a surprise, but well orchestrated, where the family will retreat from social media.

I wonder why she is leaving the WH?

We need a Pecker on this

She needs to crack down on her husband. And he wants her to stop calling him Donald in bed.

Their daughter who is about 15, and has been posting 'A plague on both their Houses' ins teen language for some time, is asking to be emancipated because she is so sick of both of them.Kellyanne Conway'''s daughter Claudia Conway says she'''s seeking emancipation

"On Saturday night, after allegedly learning that her mother will speak at the Republican National Convention this week, the teen tweeted,"I’m (devastated) that my mother is actually speaking at the RNC. like DEVASTATED beyond compare."

In a follow-up post, she wrote: "i’m officially pushing for emancipation. buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. welcome to my life."

Conway also shared the message with her TikTok followers in a video where she poses with her mouth agape.

"Just found out my mom is a speaker at the RNC...that's it. i'm out. running away phase 1 starts tomorrow at 7 am," she wrote on the video.

In subsequent tweets, Conway — who has 89,000 Instagram followers, 296,000 Twitter followers and more than 600,000 TikTok followers — opened up about why she's so candid on social media.

"I have been using social media as an outlet to express my passions, individuality, and to shed light on some hardships. i have been vulnerable for a reason. thank you for supporting me," she said.

She also specifically addressed the issues she has with her parents' work and political leanings. Her father, George Conway, is an attorney and vocal Trump critic.

"My mother’s job ruined my life to begin with. heartbreaking that she continues to go down that path after years of watching her children suffer. selfish. it’s all about money and fame, ladies and gentlemen," she wrote.

Conway has three siblings, her twin George IV, and young sisters Charlotte and Vanessa.

Turning to her father, the teen said, "As for my dad, politically, we agree on absolutely nothing. we just both happen to have common sense when it comes to our current president. stop 'stanning' him," a slang term that means to be a fan of someone.

On Sunday, Conway clarified and stood by her comments on Twitter.

"Y’all love to twist everything," she wrote. "I’m not getting emancipated because of my mom’s job.. it is because of years of childhood trauma and abuse."

The social media influencer has made headlines in recent months for her anti-Trump stances online and even replying to her mother's tweets.

"Herman Cain led a remarkable life and will be missed. He loved his family, the country and the Lord. He triumphed in business, beat cancer and was a voice for freedom. God bless you and yours, Herman," Kellyanne Conway wrote follow the death of the late Tea Party activist in July.

"Yes it is sad but wasn’t your administration complicit in his death ?? yikes," her daughter responded.

Spokespeople for the Conway family did not immediately reply to TODAY's request for comment.

And then there's the tweet where she said that she was going to take her Mom's phone and make WAP the ringtone. :lamo

I dunno. She was about 11 yrs old when this **** hit the fan, and she saw mommy and daddy hurling insults at each other on tv nearly every damned day. Imagine living through that and puberty at the same time.

Actually, she got her frustration out, which is probably a good and relatively healthy thing, but all the kids in that family should probably be in counseling. God knows, they deserve all the help they can get, and their parents can damned well use the money they made destroying their childhoods to see they get it.

The victim shaming is disgusting, especially seeing as how nine out of ten of Claudia's harshest critics wouldn't last 15 minutes if they had to switch places with her.

Wow, that's really sad to hear. Being a teenager is hard enough, but when you add the theater that must be having to deal with parents in the limelight in such a contentious way can't be easy by a long shot. I hope the Conway's are able to sort things out for the sake of the children.

Sleeping With the Enemy.

For the 15 year old daughter it's like your mother is the village idiot.

Or at the very least, the Paid Professional Ass-Wiper and Chief Apologist for said Idiot.
And get the hypocrisy running rampant here...it amazes me that the folks who admire a Twitter President are now calling for removing social media access for the daughter of the Chief Apologist for said Twitter President for the sin of discovering HER Twitter bully pulpit.

No no, only TRUMP is allowed to destroy things with Twitter!! :lamo

I don't believe she mentions feeling abandoned in any of her tweets. She's very direct about her complaint. She knows Trump is a monster.

However, Twitter is a two-way street. I'm sure people have tweeted some very hurtful things to Conway's daughter, both about her and her parents. That can be difficult for anyone, let alone a teenager.

Well, since George is leaving the lincoln project at the same time, I bet it's to save her marriage.

I'm looking forward to reading BOTH their books. Should be a hoot.

I suspect that helped things along, but I honestly thing that the situation with the daughter brought things to a head, and both parents went to reevaluate their situation.

Surely, Claudia's rant on social media has brought their marital discord into the public spotlight but did it really have to get to this point for both of them to reach some kind of agreement that would convince both of them to work on their marriage? This has been ongoing since Trump took office. I believe there's other factors including the move to put Kayleigh McEneny front and center taking the spotlight away from Kellyanne.

Kayleigh made her dramatic debut in April and two months later Kellyanne had a fresh new look. It all could be just coincidence but yeah, I believe part of Kellyanne's departure was her realization that she's no longer needed in Trump's circle of sycophants.

I can't fault a couple for finally putting aside inconsequential bull**** and trying to fix their family. And this family really sounds like it needs fixing. All 3 of them are a mess.

I've avoided commenting on this thread because it is about a family in pain. It's obviously reached a crisis point. But, the circumstances, while dramatic, are going on all over the country.

Adolescents and teenagers often rebel against their parents, but, unless one is not paying attention, this is embematic of the generational conflict going on all over the country. Kids are marching over gun control, Black Lives Matter, immigration justice and the environment like I've never seen before, although I lived through the 60s and 70s. They're trying to get our attention.

Trump has been a catalyst for change, but in the opposite way he imagines. Kids all over, mine included, are pushing us to be better, to pay attention and to do something constructive about it. Face it, Trump represents the generation the kids of the 60s aand 70s were rebelling against. They now just have more issues to address. Frankly, AOC is just the tip of the iceberg. Her views are pervasive in the next generation, so Claudia is far from alone in her angst.

Implosion? Trump is on the rise right now. It’s the democrats imploding

Trump on the rise? From where, Rasmussen, the ULTIMATE OUTLIER? :lamo

Well, since George is leaving the lincoln project at the same time, I bet it's to save her marriage.

Only after posting the thread did I become aware of the family strife, and daughters SM comments
It was mentioned by 1 poster and 1 posted a link

My sympathy / empathy are with the 4 children that had/have to endure this.

She should’ve left long ago. It is improper for a married woman to be creating household drama by basically arguing against her husband

With that line of comments, the only way for someone to get a wife is from Iliketobeatmywife.com or a mail-order bride. How misogynistic of you.

Trump on the rise? From where, Rasmussen, the ULTIMATE OUTLIER? :lamo

Even Fox News is bailing on the Trump Train. They see where this is going.

I think Trump is going to get the Bush Jr treatment, but even faster this time. By the end of Biden’s first term, half the right wingers on this message board will swear they never liked Trump. (And immediately try to change the subject to how that COMMUNIST BIDEN is destroying AMERICA)

I've avoided commenting on this thread because it is about a family in pain. It's obviously reached a crisis point. But, the circumstances, while dramatic, are going on all over the country.

Adolescents and teenagers often rebel against their parents, but, unless one is not paying attention, this is embematic of the generational conflict going on all over the country. Kids are marching over gun control, Black Lives Matter, immigration justice and the environment like I've never seen before, although I lived through the 60s and 70s. They're trying to get our attention.

Trump has been a catalyst for change, but in the opposite way he imagines. Kids all over, mine included, are pushing us to be better, to pay attention and to do something constructive about it. Face it, Trump represents the generation the kids of the 60s aand 70s were rebelling against. They now just have more issues to address. Frankly, AOC is just the tip of the iceberg. Her views are pervasive in the next generation, so Claudia is far from alone in her angst.

Millennials failed.

See, we were born when the system was still holding together. It was breaking at the seams, the signs of failure were there, but it will still limping along. Our formative years involved a system that kinda still sort of functioned. So we grew up thinking the system could be fixed, nudged back onto the right course using the existing processes.

Well, it can’t. We’ve seen the outcome. Recession after recession. The cost of home ownership, healthcare, and education spiraling out of control far while pay doesn’t grow at all, for the lower classes. Endless bailouts and giveaways to the already-wealthy. A system circling the drain and Millennials still believing they can save it.

Gen Z, on the other hand, entered the workforce with the system already broken. They never had even a semblance of a fair fight ahead of them. Older generations don’t understand this. “I worked hard and I did ok, why can’t you?” You can show them the facts, the numbers that show definitively that a young person entering the workforce today has it far, far, far harder than their grandparents. Those old ****s just respond to that with their bull**** claims of kids being lazy and entitled, they never even respond to the math behind it all. Because it is still possible for some people to succeed despite the odds, it doesn’t matter to Boomers that the odds got worse. Way, way worse. Because Boomers are the most lazy and entitled generation in the history of this country. They stole the success of their parents and grandparents, claimed credit for building the whole thing, and then tore the system down for the next generations.

Gen Z knows the system has to be destroyed, not fixed. They’ll do it, too. We didn’t give them a better option.

Millennials failed.

See, we were born when the system was still holding together. It was breaking at the seams, the signs of failure were there, but it will still limping along. Our formative years involved a system that kinda still sort of functioned. So we grew up thinking the system could be fixed, nudged back onto the right course using the existing processes.

Well, it can’t. We’ve seen the outcome. Recession after recession. The cost of home ownership, healthcare, and education spiraling out of control far while pay doesn’t grow at all, for the lower classes. Endless bailouts and giveaways to the already-wealthy. A system circling the drain and Millennials still believing they can save it.

Gen Z, on the other hand, entered the workforce with the system already broken. They never had even a semblance of a fair fight ahead of them. Older generations don’t understand this. “I worked hard and I did ok, why can’t you?” You can show them the facts, the numbers that show definitively that a young person entering the workforce today has it far, far, far harder than their grandparents. Those old ****s just respond to that with their bull**** claims of kids being lazy and entitled, they never even respond to the math behind it all. Because it is still possible for some people to succeed despite the odds, it doesn’t matter to Boomers that the odds got worse. Way, way worse. Because Boomers are the most lazy and entitled generation in the history of this country. They stole the success of their parents and grandparents, claimed credit for building the whole thing, and then tore the system down for the next generations.

Gen Z knows the system has to be destroyed, not fixed. They’ll do it, too. We didn’t give them a better option.

I had a great, long conversation with my younger son about finances, employment and the future, yesterday. He recognizes the advantages he has had in life, and the pitfalls - he's remarkably self-aware. He's living with us, being frugal and saving like crazy to buy his own house. But when he looks at what is needed and what he wants, he recognizes the gap. He hates capitalism with a passion, but knows he needs to participate to get his savings to grow and that irks him no end. He knows he needs a better paying job, but being able to work from home has such an advantage and the job market, frankly, sucks. He's afraid his art skills are atrophying, because although he's employed in his field, the work is pretty rote and meaningless. He's representative of his generation.

Despite our generation's worst efforts, our kids are on the ball. They have a broader view than we do, and are passionate about making the world a better place. Although Army brats, both my boys are peaceniks. They reject consumer culture, although I'm a materialist. They're ethical and principled and yearn to live that way. If not for COVID, they'd be marching (I would, too). They care, deeply, and are intently altruistic. The kids are alright. They'll blow us all away.

I had a great, long conversation with my younger son about finances, employment and the future, yesterday. He recognizes the advantages he has had in life, and the pitfalls - he's remarkably self-aware. He's living with us, being frugal and saving like crazy to buy his own house. But when he looks at what is needed and what he wants, he recognizes the gap. He hates capitalism with a passion, but knows he needs to participate to get his savings to grow and that irks him no end. He knows he needs a better paying job, but being able to work from home has such an advantage and the job market, frankly, sucks. He's afraid his art skills are atrophying, because although he's employed in his field, the work is pretty rote and meaningless. He's representative of his generation.

Despite our generation's worst efforts, our kids are on the ball. They have a broader view than we do, and are passionate about making the world a better place. Although Army brats, both my boys are peaceniks. They reject consumer culture, although I'm a materialist. They're ethical and principled and yearn to live that way. If not for COVID, they'd be marching (I would, too). They care, deeply, and are intently altruistic. The kids are alright. They'll blow us all away.

It's not 'capitalism' per say. It's supply side economics, which was put into place under Reagan, and never got dismantled.

I think they are hunkering down with the kids because they know what's coming. Regardless who wins the election a violent crap show soon will follow

Really no different than James Carville and Scary Mary stepping back from their heated political difference once they started spawning guppies.

It's not 'capitalism' per say. It's supply side economics, which was put into place under Reagan, and never got dismantled.
Respectfully, I disagree. Supply side thinking is a corruption of capitalism, but it is rooted strongly in the underlying structure. I've analogized capitalism before as rocket fuel, gasoline or dynamite - all volatile substances that have the power to be incredibly destructive - but when harnessed properly, regulated strongly and directed appropriately can do great things and take us a long way. But, heaven forfend, take off the governors and disaster is inevitable. Capitalism is the seminal "necessary evil".

Respectfully, I disagree. Supply side thinking is a corruption of capitalism, but it is rooted strongly in the underlying structure. I've analogized capitalism before as rocket fuel, gasoline or dynamite - all volatile substances that have the power to be incredibly destructive - but when harnessed properly, regulated strongly and directed appropriately can do great things and take us a long way. But, heaven forfend, take off the governors and disaster is inevitable. Capitalism is the seminal "necessary evil".

Bingo.

I know that their daughter Claudia is very intelligent and I don't want to blame her emotions on her age or gender or hormones, that's actually misogynist and I don't mean to play that way. The Conway's and their four kids have had this life for at least 4 years. Claudia and her siblings have only known their parents to be wealthy, high profile people that aren't there at home with them when they've needed them. So I see a lot of anger there with this oldest daughter. But let's face it, if she was the daughter of a mailman and a nurse, I think the situation might be different. She may have turned to drugs or alcohol to escape. She found her voice and she's using it quite publicly. If George and Kellyanne knew this is how their kids were being affected by their obvious opposing political views and jobs, they should have come together long ago to resolve it. Each side has to give up something they love, that's how it works.

I really think that the hiring of Kaleigh McEnany in April had a lot to do with Kellyanne's decision to leave.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Conway may have both thought that their careers would ultimately benefit their families but they forgot that the wellbeing of their children must necessarily come first. It looks like the Conway parents stopped spending time together as a family and focused monomaniacally on making public spectacles of themselves. They lost the plot, and both their marriage and their children suffered from it. Hopefully they are not so addicted to the limelight that they can save their family from disintegration.

Implosion? Trump is on the rise right now. It’s the democrats imploding

Sorry, he's floundering. The more pressure, the better.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

With that line of comments, the only way for someone to get a wife is from Iliketobeatmywife.com or a mail-order bride. How misogynistic of you.

It must really grate on such men to see women make their own choices, choose who they want to sleep with, choose who they want to marry, outdo lots of poorly competitive (and seemingly common) males in the workplace, enjoy sports and horses and skiing and sailing and Las Vegas and island getaways, make more $$ than them, choose to have kids or not, etc etc etc and they cant do a thing about it.

Their resentment is palpable.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

Back
Top Bottom