• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Conway withdraws from Lincoln Project -Kellyanne leaving WH

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal

George Conway withdrawing from Lincoln Project | TheHill

George Conway, a D.C.-based attorney married to White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, said Sunday he would be withdrawing from the anti-Trump GOP group he helped found.

George Conway said he would be stepping away from The Lincoln Project to “devote more time to family matters” and said he would be taking a hiatus from Twitter, where he also frequently criticized President Trump.

George Conway’s tweet came roughly the same time news broke that Kellyanne Conway would be leaving the White House at the end of the month.
He personally attacked George Conway in the same series of tweets, stating “I don’t know what Kellyanne did to her deranged loser of a husband, Moonface, but it must have been really bad.”

His wife Kellyanne is leaving the WH at the end of the month

This does appear as a surprise, but well orchestrated, where the family will retreat from social media.

I wonder why she is leaving the WH?

We need a Pecker on this

Last edited:

This does appear as a surprise, but well orchestrated, where the family will retreat from social media.

We need a Pecker on this

Honestly I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. There is only so much a couple can be completely be polar opposites on strongly political views before they are either divorced, one agrees to side with the other, or both withdraw from both the polar opposite sides. Good for them and hopeful for their relationship.

We need a Pecker on this

Oh, my. Do you have a link for that, please? I'd like to read the article...

Edit: Never mind, I Googled one without a pay wall: Kellyanne Conway announces she's leaving the White House - CNNPolitics

We need a Pecker on this

Kellyanne Conway to leave White House at end of month

Kellyanne Conway to leave White House at end of month | TheHill

White House counselor Kellyanne Conway will depart her position in the Trump administration at the end of the month to focus on family matters, she said in a statement late Sunday.

"This is completely my choice and my voice," Conway said. "In time, I will announce future plans. For now, and for my beloved children, it will be less drama, more mama."

I'm not surprised. I don't know how these two have managed to stay together these past years. They are at totally opposite sides of the political spectrum when it comes to Trump. And, their 15 year old daughter has made a big public spectacle recently. Maybe Kellyanne and George have made the choice to put family first instead of ambition, celebrity and politics.

Their daughter who is about 15, and has been posting 'A plague on both their Houses' ins teen language for some time, is asking to be emancipated because she is so sick of both of them.Kellyanne Conway'''s daughter Claudia Conway says she'''s seeking emancipation

"On Saturday night, after allegedly learning that her mother will speak at the Republican National Convention this week, the teen tweeted,"I’m (devastated) that my mother is actually speaking at the RNC. like DEVASTATED beyond compare."

In a follow-up post, she wrote: "i’m officially pushing for emancipation. buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. welcome to my life."

Conway also shared the message with her TikTok followers in a video where she poses with her mouth agape.

"Just found out my mom is a speaker at the RNC...that's it. i'm out. running away phase 1 starts tomorrow at 7 am," she wrote on the video.

In subsequent tweets, Conway — who has 89,000 Instagram followers, 296,000 Twitter followers and more than 600,000 TikTok followers — opened up about why she's so candid on social media.

"I have been using social media as an outlet to express my passions, individuality, and to shed light on some hardships. i have been vulnerable for a reason. thank you for supporting me," she said.

She also specifically addressed the issues she has with her parents' work and political leanings. Her father, George Conway, is an attorney and vocal Trump critic.

"My mother’s job ruined my life to begin with. heartbreaking that she continues to go down that path after years of watching her children suffer. selfish. it’s all about money and fame, ladies and gentlemen," she wrote.

Conway has three siblings, her twin George IV, and young sisters Charlotte and Vanessa.

Turning to her father, the teen said, "As for my dad, politically, we agree on absolutely nothing. we just both happen to have common sense when it comes to our current president. stop 'stanning' him," a slang term that means to be a fan of someone.

On Sunday, Conway clarified and stood by her comments on Twitter.

"Y’all love to twist everything," she wrote. "I’m not getting emancipated because of my mom’s job.. it is because of years of childhood trauma and abuse."

The social media influencer has made headlines in recent months for her anti-Trump stances online and even replying to her mother's tweets.

"Herman Cain led a remarkable life and will be missed. He loved his family, the country and the Lord. He triumphed in business, beat cancer and was a voice for freedom. God bless you and yours, Herman," Kellyanne Conway wrote follow the death of the late Tea Party activist in July.

"Yes it is sad but wasn’t your administration complicit in his death ?? yikes," her daughter responded.

Spokespeople for the Conway family did not immediately reply to TODAY's request for comment.

Last edited:

We need a Pecker on this

They are definitely and odd couple.

Their daughter who is about 15, and has been posting 'A plague on both their Houses' ins teen language for some time, is asking to be emancipated because she is so sick of both of them.Kellyanne Conway'''s daughter Claudia Conway says she'''s seeking emancipation

"On Saturday night, after allegedly learning that her mother will speak at the Republican National Convention this week, the teen tweeted,"I’m (devastated) that my mother is actually speaking at the RNC. like DEVASTATED beyond compare."

In a follow-up post, she wrote: "i’m officially pushing for emancipation. buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. welcome to my life."

Conway also shared the message with her TikTok followers in a video where she poses with her mouth agape.

"Just found out my mom is a speaker at the RNC...that's it. i'm out. running away phase 1 starts tomorrow at 7 am," she wrote on the video.

In subsequent tweets, Conway — who has 89,000 Instagram followers, 296,000 Twitter followers and more than 600,000 TikTok followers — opened up about why she's so candid on social media.

"I have been using social media as an outlet to express my passions, individuality, and to shed light on some hardships. i have been vulnerable for a reason. thank you for supporting me," she said.

She also specifically addressed the issues she has with her parents' work and political leanings. Her father, George Conway, is an attorney and vocal Trump critic.

"My mother’s job ruined my life to begin with. heartbreaking that she continues to go down that path after years of watching her children suffer. selfish. it’s all about money and fame, ladies and gentlemen," she wrote.

Conway has three siblings, her twin George IV, and young sisters Charlotte and Vanessa.

Recommended
DADS
Larry King's children Chaia and Andy die weeks apart
VIDEO
Chuck Todd: ‘I don’t know what to expect’ at RNC
Turning to her father, the teen said, "As for my dad, politically, we agree on absolutely nothing. we just both happen to have common sense when it comes to our current president. stop 'stanning' him," a slang term that means to be a fan of someone.

"Y’all love to twist everything," she wrote. "I’m not getting emancipated because of my mom’s job.. it is because of years of childhood trauma and abuse."

The social media influencer has made headlines in recent months for her anti-Trump stances online and even replying to her mother's tweets.

"Herman Cain led a remarkable life and will be missed. He loved his family, the country and the Lord. He triumphed in business, beat cancer and was a voice for freedom. God bless you and yours, Herman," Kellyanne Conway wrote follow the death of the late Tea Party activist in July.

"Yes it is sad but wasn’t your administration complicit in his death ?? yikes," her daughter responded.

Spokespeople for the Conway family did not immediately reply to TODAY's request for comment.

Ronnie Koenig
by Taboola
Sponsored Stories

Her tweets about them, especially her mother and her work in the White House, have been brutal. I'm nor surprised they are retreating from public life.

The kid might have saved her mother's soul - although she claims dad is no bargain either.

George Conway withdrawing from Lincoln Project | TheHill

We need a Pecker on this

A strong rumor that they have a family situation involving a daughter.

We need a Pecker on this

Home schooling and she wants to spend more time with her family and save her marriage. I think her kids were tired of the "mama drama."

Usually when someone in DC resigns or forced out, they use the excuse "spend more time with the family"....but in KAC case I think she is sincere.

Her tweets about them, especially her mother and her work in the White House, have been brutal. I'm nor surprised they are retreating from public life.

The kid might have saved her mother's soul - although she claims dad is no bargain either.

The young lady seems to have some serious problems. I'd say some serious counseling is coming. At 15 to be so filled with hate is not a normal thing.

Holy crap. That poor kid... all of those kids have been through hell. It's about time both of their parents sat up and recognized what they both have put their children through. So sad. Thanks for this link.

I've followed her daughter for awhile. The Daughter absolutely hates Trump, and hates her Mother for supporting Trump. So that probably didn't help their family dynamic. Though I can't say I blame her much. If Kellyanne was my Mother I'd also push for emancipation.

Its not shocking to me though. Last lifeboat off that sinking ship Presidency.

The young lady seems to have some serious problems. I'd say some serious counseling is coming. At 15 to be so filled with hate is not a normal thing.

I've read her tweets. Her comments about her mother are right on the mark. I mean, after all, the GOP just utterly abandoned their policies, their principles and their people for obedience to one man. Her mother is on TV constantly covering for his corruption, his cruelty and and his incompetence. What kind of person works around someone like that? A Nazi?

Beyond the unfortunate effects of being raised by that woman, the poor girl may be the healthiest of the bunch.

She's a very emotional 15 year old, but more than that, she's a spoiled, rich one. Those are the ones that feel they're important enough because of the status of her parents, that people will listen to her and she will somehow make a difference. If the Conway's were just a normal couple working hard and raising their kids the best they could, then little Ms. Hormones wouldn't be so publicly dramatic. Sure, she might go on Instagram and rag on her ****ty parents, but nobody would give two cents about her, and she knows it.

I was unaware the daughter had taken her views to SM
Thanks for the link

She's a very emotional 15 year old, but more than that, she's a spoiled, rich one. Those are the ones that feel they're important enough because of the status of her parents, that people will listen to her and she will somehow make a difference. If the Conway's were just a normal couple working hard and raising their kids the best they could, then little Ms. Hormones wouldn't be so publicly dramatic. Sure, she might go on Instagram and rag on her ****ty parents, but nobody would give two cents about her, and she knows it.

She is 15 so cut her some slack

Holy crap. That poor kid... all of those kids have been through hell. It's about time both of their parents sat up and recognized what they both have put their children through. So sad. Thanks for this link.

You can't have a household divided and Kellyanne had a job and her husband didn't support her. He should have kept silent and at least supported her. Definite lack of parenting going on by the parents. Plenty of DC couples manage to raise their kids just fine but the Conway's have internal issues.

I dunno. She was about 11 yrs old when this **** hit the fan, and she saw mommy and daddy hurling insults at each other on tv nearly every damned day. Imagine living through that and puberty at the same time.

Actually, she got her frustration out, which is probably a good and relatively healthy thing, but all the kids in that family should probably be in counseling. God knows, they deserve all the help they can get, and their parents can damned well use the money they made destroying their childhoods to see they get it.

Yet she has more wisdom and insight than the very emotional spoiled, rich brat in the White House. Imagine watching your mother on TV lying to protect his corruption? She might just save her mother's soul.

You can't have a household divided and Kellyanne had a job and her husband didn't support her. He should have kept silent and at least supported her. Definite lack of parenting going on by the parents. Plenty of DC couples manage to raise their kids just fine but the Conway's have internal issues.

How does one support a wife or mother on TV lying constantly in the name of a man who runs his government and party like a tyrant?

Her mother's public debasement was all the poor daughter could stand.

Bull****. Both parents caused this destructive family mess because they were more focused on their personal careers and public persona than they were in their own children's emotional well-being.

Bull****. Both parents caused this destructive family mess because they were more focused on their personal careers and public persona than they were in their own children's emotional well-being.

Parents focus on personal careers and public persona all the time without ripping the family apart. Its who the public persona was working for that drove her over the edge.

Seriously, how would you like see one of your parents on TV regularly defending Trump?

Back
Top Bottom