• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

George Conway withdraws from Lincoln Project -Kellyanne leaving WH

She's a very emotional 15 year old, but more than that, she's a spoiled, rich one. Those are the ones that feel they're important enough because of the status of her parents, that people will listen to her and she will somehow make a difference. If the Conway's were just a normal couple working hard and raising their kids the best they could, then little Ms. Hormones wouldn't be so publicly dramatic. Sure, she might go on Instagram and rag on her ****ty parents, but nobody would give two cents about her, and she knows it.

Bingo. The same could be said if of any young man or woman whose parents abandon them to focus on their highly public careers.

Bingo. The same could be said if of any young man or woman whose parents abandon them to focus on their highly public careers.

I don't believe she mentions feeling abandoned in any of her tweets. She's very direct about her complaint. She knows Trump is a monster.

Parents focus on personal careers and public persona all the time without ripping the family apart. Its who the public persona was working for that drove her over the edge.

Seriously, how would you like see one of your parents on TV regularly defending Trump?

I would not presume to speak for DiAnna, but it would not bother me one iota. Unless of course my parents both abandoned me to do it. Keep in mind it appears that she was asking for emancipation from both her parents, not stating she wants nothing to do with mom and just wishes to spend time with dad. Both parents screwed up.

Parents focus on personal careers and public persona all the time without ripping the family apart. Its who the public persona was working for that drove her over the edge.

Seriously, how would you like see one of your parents on TV regularly defending Trump?

Oh, I agree; the girl was obviously furious with her mother. However, she clearly has problems with her father as well, saying basically the only thing they agree upon in Trump shouldn't be in the WH. If I was that young girl, I would blame both my parents for putting our family in the public limelight, insulting each other on tv, for years and years. Neither parent would give an inch on their public positions and their public career.

Both are to blame for the dark place their children are at now. Pulling out totally to work on their family relationship and their children's well-being is probably the only thing they've done in the past four years that benefited those kids. I'm glad they finally did so.

Edit: For those who don't know, duh, I despise Trump and everyone who has ever covered for and lied for him over the years, and that includes Kelly Ann Conway, who disgusts me. I have always supported the Lincoln Project, and hope it continues without George Conway. This isn't about politics, though; it's about four young children growing up in an untenable situation, and hoping they get the help they need at this vulnerable time in their lives.

Last edited:
Oh, I agree; the girl was obviously furious with her mother. However, she clearly has problems with her father as well, saying basically the only thing they agree upon in Trump shouldn't be in the WH. If I was that young girl, I would blame both my parents for putting our family in the public limelight, insulting each other on tv, for years and years. Neither parent would give an inch on their public positions and their public career.

Both are to blame for the dark place their children are at now. Pulling out totally to work on their family relationship and their children's well-being is probably the only thing they've done in the past four years that benefited those kids. I'm glad they finally did so.

Truly, Trump kills everything he touches. Maybe the poor girl can save her family.

I mean, really, can you see this happening under any other president? I sure can't.

Truly, Trump kills everything he touches. Maybe the poor girl can save her family.

I mean, really, can you see this happening under any other president? I sure can't.

Please read my edit on post #29; it clarifies my take on this one specific situation.

I know that their daughter Claudia is very intelligent and I don't want to blame her emotions on her age or gender or hormones, that's actually misogynist and I don't mean to play that way. The Conway's and their four kids have had this life for at least 4 years. Claudia and her siblings have only known their parents to be wealthy, high profile people that aren't there at home with them when they've needed them. So I see a lot of anger there with this oldest daughter. But let's face it, if she was the daughter of a mailman and a nurse, I think the situation might be different. She may have turned to drugs or alcohol to escape. She found her voice and she's using it quite publicly. If George and Kellyanne knew this is how their kids were being affected by their obvious opposing political views and jobs, they should have come together long ago to resolve it. Each side has to give up something they love, that's how it works.

I really think that the hiring of Kaleigh McEnany in April had a lot to do with Kellyanne's decision to leave.

Ruin your marriage and family over some orange turd. Yikes.

Sleeping With the Enemy.

For the 15 year old daughter it's like your mother is the village idiot. It's really hard on her sensibilities as a minor child. The daughter's talk of emancipation means her environment needed radical change yet the parents are political junkies forever with the missus needing a thorough detoxing and halfway house.

Still, the end of this family Truman Show has to be a great relief to the daughter and for the mouse of the house George. The snake oil salesman missus got out of Trumpworld before the election Trump is trying to wreck and before Trump leaves the WH either voluntarily or involuntarily but Constitutionally either way. The bunch of 'em can try to pick things up afterward with the onus on the dominating and obnoxious missus who is at the root of it and needs to repent.

Honestly I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner. There is only so much a couple can be completely be polar opposites on strongly political views before they are either divorced, one agrees to side with the other, or both withdraw from both the polar opposite sides. Good for them and hopeful for their relationship.

IMO it has nothing to do with their relationship but everything with the implosion of The Donald.

KellyAnne is a rat deserting a sinking ship, just IMO.

This is the barely coherent and grammatically inept speech of a man who desperately wants to be able to claim that he "cured coronavirus."

That's it, in a nutshell. When we do get a handle on this crisis, he wants to be able to pull out footage and declare "I called it! I said use this! I said try this! I told them to do this, it was my idea!" He's just doing it with lots of stupid stuff because he doesnt want to miss an opportunity. He's afraid 'the big one' will be mentioned and he wont get credit for it.

It's all about declaring himself the savior of the cv crisis and we'll hear all about it, esp in his campaign. (Which is basically each of his press briefings these days) --- Lursa

George Conway withdrawing from Lincoln Project | TheHill

His wife Kellyanne is leaving the WH at the end of the month

This does appear as a surprise, but well orchestrated, where the family will retreat from social media.

I wonder why she is leaving the WH?

We need a Pecker on this

She should’ve left long ago. It is improper for a married woman to be creating household drama by basically arguing against her husband

IMO it has nothing to do with their relationship but everything with the implosion of The Donald.

KellyAnne is a rat deserting a sinking ship, just IMO.

Implosion? Trump is on the rise right now. It’s the democrats imploding

She's a very emotional 15 year old, but more than that, she's a spoiled, rich one. Those are the ones that feel they're important enough because of the status of her parents, that people will listen to her and she will somehow make a difference. If the Conway's were just a normal couple working hard and raising their kids the best they could, then little Ms. Hormones wouldn't be so publicly dramatic. Sure, she might go on Instagram and rag on her ****ty parents, but nobody would give two cents about her, and she knows it.

as i see it, she also has the articulate gift of both her parents

her words were adequate to convince the president's preeminent detractor as well as the woman who may have initially paved the president's way into the white house to both stand down from their public political activities

Their daughter who is about 15, and has been posting 'A plague on both their Houses' ins teen language for some time, is asking to be emancipated because she is so sick of both of them.Kellyanne Conway'''s daughter Claudia Conway says she'''s seeking emancipation

"On Saturday night, after allegedly learning that her mother will speak at the Republican National Convention this week, the teen tweeted,"I’m (devastated) that my mother is actually speaking at the RNC. like DEVASTATED beyond compare."

In a follow-up post, she wrote: "i’m officially pushing for emancipation. buckle up because this is probably going to be public one way or another, unfortunately. welcome to my life."

Conway also shared the message with her TikTok followers in a video where she poses with her mouth agape.

"Just found out my mom is a speaker at the RNC...that's it. i'm out. running away phase 1 starts tomorrow at 7 am," she wrote on the video.

In subsequent tweets, Conway — who has 89,000 Instagram followers, 296,000 Twitter followers and more than 600,000 TikTok followers — opened up about why she's so candid on social media.

"I have been using social media as an outlet to express my passions, individuality, and to shed light on some hardships. i have been vulnerable for a reason. thank you for supporting me," she said.

She also specifically addressed the issues she has with her parents' work and political leanings. Her father, George Conway, is an attorney and vocal Trump critic.

"My mother’s job ruined my life to begin with. heartbreaking that she continues to go down that path after years of watching her children suffer. selfish. it’s all about money and fame, ladies and gentlemen," she wrote.

Conway has three siblings, her twin George IV, and young sisters Charlotte and Vanessa.

Turning to her father, the teen said, "As for my dad, politically, we agree on absolutely nothing. we just both happen to have common sense when it comes to our current president. stop 'stanning' him," a slang term that means to be a fan of someone.

On Sunday, Conway clarified and stood by her comments on Twitter.

"Y’all love to twist everything," she wrote. "I’m not getting emancipated because of my mom’s job.. it is because of years of childhood trauma and abuse."

The social media influencer has made headlines in recent months for her anti-Trump stances online and even replying to her mother's tweets.

"Herman Cain led a remarkable life and will be missed. He loved his family, the country and the Lord. He triumphed in business, beat cancer and was a voice for freedom. God bless you and yours, Herman," Kellyanne Conway wrote follow the death of the late Tea Party activist in July.

"Yes it is sad but wasn’t your administration complicit in his death ?? yikes," her daughter responded.

Spokespeople for the Conway family did not immediately reply to TODAY's request for comment.

Kids just don't know what's good for them, do they? <sarcasm>

You heard it here first - Kelly Ann Conway is The Mole in the Administration that wrote the letter to The New York Times in 2018. She stayed on as long as she could, fighting the "good fight." That's the only way that she and her husband could possibly stay together at odds as they supposedly were - they had a secret pact. She's now about to unload, just in time for the election.

At least this is my best guess, since I'm just some dude with a brain down in H-town, waiting for hurricanes to smack me.

This does appear as a surprise, but well orchestrated, where the family will retreat from social media.

We need a Pecker on this

Well, since George is leaving the lincoln project at the same time, I bet it's to save her marriage.

I know that their daughter Claudia is very intelligent and I don't want to blame her emotions on her age or gender or hormones, that's actually misogynist and I don't mean to play that way. The Conway's and their four kids have had this life for at least 4 years. Claudia and her siblings have only known their parents to be wealthy, high profile people that aren't there at home with them when they've needed them. So I see a lot of anger there with this oldest daughter. But let's face it, if she was the daughter of a mailman and a nurse, I think the situation might be different. She may have turned to drugs or alcohol to escape. She found her voice and she's using it quite publicly. If George and Kellyanne knew this is how their kids were being affected by their obvious opposing political views and jobs, they should have come together long ago to resolve it. Each side has to give up something they love, that's how it works.

I really think that the hiring of Kaleigh McEnany in April had a lot to do with Kellyanne's decision to leave.

I suspect that helped things along, but I honestly thing that the situation with the daughter brought things to a head, and both parents went to reevaluate their situation.

The young lady seems to have some serious problems. I'd say some serious counseling is coming. At 15 to be so filled with hate is not a normal thing.

Well, think of her as a metaphor for America as a whole....

Her tweets about them, especially her mother and her work in the White House, have been brutal. I'm nor surprised they are retreating from public life.

The kid might have saved her mother's soul - although she claims dad is no bargain either.

The real beneficiaries of this very very public cry for help and the dual retreat from politics it engendered, will be her twin brother and her younger sisters. Remember when this sideshow hit the road, the oldest two were 11-12 years old. How long has Donald Trump and the media been getting more of these parent's attention than any of them? I am embarrassed I never gave these kids a second thought but it wasn't my job to think about them. It was somebody else's. Its worrisome to wonder if George and Kelly did little better!

Last edited:
At least this is my best guess, since I'm just some dude with a brain down in H-town, waiting for hurricanes to smack me.

Oh, heck.....don't worry about those pesky hurricanes.
The all-powerful Trump will just take out his magic sharpie and alter the projected paths of those storms.
On a serious note, stay safe and we're hoping everything goes well in the gulf states.
Good luck.

We need a Pecker on this

Probably too many fights at home. Did I see on social media (or was it a joke?) that her teenage daughter was disavowing her? I'd imagine he agreed to stop undermining her work at the white house, she agreed to stop working for the Trump white house and maybe the daughter will starting speaking to both of them again. They'll both have careers as GOP operators or Republican pundits in future. Kellyanne deserves her own show on Fox.

Farewell Kellyanne Conway. Thanks for poisoning the public discourse with your “alternative facts” nonsense which emboldened the president and his supporters, eventually leading to the “fake news” bs.

Back
Top Bottom