• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Friendly Reminder: Candidates Do Not Get A Say In Entering Or Leaving The WH

President Bush - will you leave after the election? (no direct answer)
President Obama - will you leave after the election? (no direct answer)
President Trump - will you leave after the election? (no direct answer)

If the sitting prez says YES, then he is saying that he won't win and expects to lose.

Nothing new ... but lots of spinning of the same old stuff that has been said/done before.

There's a pandemic this time though, with 1000 new deaths every few days, and since this is the U.S, a better chance it will be much worse in November. The mail-in ballot option is relevant. Trump doesn't like it because it means more likely democrat votes that can't be suppressed in the normal way. He doesn't want to count legal democrat mail-in votes, but he likes it for Florida where he needs every one of the republican mail-in votes, beyond transparent.
I still think dems should vote in person unless you are worried because you are elderly, infirm or otherwise vulnerable.
To say there is democrat-only fraud with mail-in ballots is wild speculation.

There's a pandemic this time though
Good point and completely irrelivant. The next Prez will not answer the same silly question come election season after thier first term.

He is taking a stance that no other president up for re-election has ever taken, it's called a red flag. It's curious that you aren't concerned about that.
You obviously haven't heard the advice that Dems...especially Hillary...have given Biden.

Good point and completely irrelivant. The next Prez will not answer the same silly question come election season after thier first term.

How is the mail-in option during a pandemic, which is my point, not relevant?

Trump is the only one who keeps insisting he won’t leave. I agree it’s just bluster but it’s not the LIBRUL MEDIAS fault that Trump keeps saying our elections are rigged and ****ed and only if he wins will they be legitimate.

Trump cannot refuse to leave. He cannot deny a loss. He does not have to agree to accept voting results. He can simply leave when he loses or be removed via force if he’s stupid enough to be do *that*.

Just as Joe cannot just stroll into the WH should he lose, President Ramp cannot jsut decide “Not fair“ and sue until he’s given what he wants. He can certainly sue. He can certainly entertain his own opinion. But once we have spoken, it doesn’t matter what he says.

Let’s try to keep this in perspective as we freak out closer to the election. There is nothing that says the SC gets to decide a damn thing where oru elections are concerned. THis is a GOP created new myth designed to define down voting. Don’t take the bait.

I do not understand this nonsense about whether Trump will concede or not ,if he loses.

It does not matter.

No losing Presidential candidate took the courtesy of conceding before William Jennings Bryan sent a telegram to William McKinley in 1896,

It’s a formality.

I do not understand this nonsense about whether Trump will concede or not ,if he loses.

It does not matter.

No losing Presidential candidate took the courtesy of conceding before William Jennings Bryan sent a telegram to William McKinley in 1896,

It’s a formality.

It’s Trump’s nonsense. His base’s too. I just wanted to help out. It doesn’t matter if Trump concedes or not, we agree. He has no say in our choice.

I'll leave the conspiracy theories up to you and your ilk.

My ilk? :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Aiight, bud, scurry away with tail between legs it is, I guess. Not what I would choose, but I don't blame you. You don't have a lot of options at this point.

The purpose of these news stories (The courts will decide, get rid of the ballots and there won't be a transfer just a continuation, etc) is to demoralize and to decrease voter turnout.

I hate to admit it but it's really effective.

If the sitting prez says YES, then he is saying that he won't win and expects to lose.

Nothing new ... but lots of spinning of the same old stuff that has been said/done before.
This is kind of dumb. The question is "Will you leave after the election if you lose the election?", which wasn't asked of Bush, nor Obama.

Trump cannot refuse to leave. He cannot deny a loss. He does not have to agree to accept voting results. He can simply leave when he loses or be removed via force if he’s stupid enough to be do *that*.

Just as Joe cannot just stroll into the WH should he lose, President Ramp cannot jsut decide “Not fair“ and sue until he’s given what he wants. He can certainly sue. He can certainly entertain his own opinion. But once we have spoken, it doesn’t matter what he says.

Let’s try to keep this in perspective as we freak out closer to the election. There is nothing that says the SC gets to decide a damn thing where oru elections are concerned. THis is a GOP created new myth designed to define down voting. Don’t take the bait.

The beauty of the Electoral College, as its presently constructed, means presidential election are controlled by the states.
Let us hope the Democrats don't tamper with it in the future, make it a 'national' vote, and consequently, invite the courts in.

The beauty of the Electoral College, as its presently constructed, means presidential election are controlled by the states.
Let us hope the Democrats don't tamper with it in the future, make it a 'national' vote, and consequently, invite the courts in.

The courts wouldn’t be involved much we get rid of the EC. In fact, a direct national vote for potus ends most of the litigation threats.

The courts wouldn’t be involved much we get rid of the EC. In fact, a direct national vote for potus ends most of the litigation threats.

Of course they would. Because at that point its a NATIONAL election, directly involving the national government. Then we have all the attendant issues of equal protection, polling places ect.
And imagine a close election. A NATIONAL recount would then be required. You think there is no litigation potential there??
Please.

Of course they would. Because at that point its a NATIONAL election, directly involving the national government. Then we have all the attendant issues of equal protection, polling places ect.
And imagine a close election. A NATIONAL recount would then be required. You think there is no litigation potential there??
Please.
Not if the standard is to count all the votes. And you guys insist there's massive fraud no matter what. You have zero evidence but you want everyone to accept as an article of faith that this is happening.

Besides the GOP really doesn't have to worry about the pop for quote a while..

States don't have a right to take away constitutionally-protected rights.
Actually, the Constitution specifically and directly states that the federal government is limited, not the states.
The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

The individual states get to decide how the voters in the state select the electors to the Electoral College. State supreme courts have the final word on those processes. To challenge the outcome in any given state, the Trump campaign would have to demonstrate fraud in the state process. Election boards are always made up of bipartisan selection. To assert fraud The Trump campaign would have to allege fraud against democrats and republicans. How many states will Trump attack before the republicans in those states rebel?

Sorry, this BS is going nowhere.

Another example of the Left accusing others of the evil they commit.

How do you feel about Hillary telling Joe not to concede, no matter what?

Just as angry at her?

How many Democrats spoke up when she said that?

How do you feel about Hillary telling Joe not to concede, no matter what?

Just as angry at her?

She’s not running for potus nor has any say in my candidate’s campaign. Still waiting for your dude to honor a peaceful transition. Or not! :)

She’s not running for potus nor has any say in my candidate’s campaign. Still waiting for your dude to honor a peaceful transition. Or not! :)
Did you hear about the military ballots found in the trash in Texas? A majority of which were Trump votes?

You all’s scheming is what’s going to prevent a peaceful transition.

Did you hear about the military ballots found in the trash in Texas? A majority of which were Trump votes?

You all’s scheming is what’s going to prevent a peaceful transition.

Yes, and like you I also heard they were discarded per a GOP request.

You folks don’t even want the suckers and losers who serve in our military to vote.

Do you have a source/link for this?

Yup. Thread in General posted today, and the DOJ updated the language on the original statement. I know you know how to search, go get your own sandwich.

And we’re still waiting on your dude to agree to a peaceful transfer of power that NOOO ONE needs him to agree to. ;)

I could be wrong but I do not recall either Bush or Obama ever being asked "Will you commit to a peaceful transfer of power" or even being asked if they would leave after the election.

Yup. Thread in General posted today, and the DOJ updated the language on the original statement. I know you know how to search, go get your own sandwich.

And we’re still waiting on your dude to agree to a peaceful transfer of power that NOOO ONE needs him to agree to. ;)
What is your feeling about this article? Establishing how honest Democrats are about mail-in balloting?

Also, what was Joe's response to Hillary's demand for him not to concede, no matter what? I don't recall him telling her she was crazy.

Texas AG accuses county official, 3 others of election fraud in mail-in ballot scheme

Back
Top Bottom