• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freeman Dyson: Climate Change Predictions Are Absurd

Oh get off your high horse. Do you think you're some kind of special? Of course I know what a Dyson Sphere is. It's not some esoteric lore only available to the intelligentsia, like you. Here's a hint- if you want to come off as some kind of intellectual elite, you might want to practice up on simple things like sarcasm and humour.
Before you make moronic comments, y'unnerstan.
If you knew what a Dyson sphere was why did you say "It was about surrounding the earth with a metal shell"?

It's obvious you dont.

Yeah. He was a legit scientist but he had a lot of rather loony sci-fi ideas.

As for climate change, he's the perfect point person for PoS. He wasn't a climate scientist. He was in entirely different fields. But, for example, :
Climate scientist James Hansen said that Dyson "doesn't know what he's talking about… If he's going to wander into something with major consequences for humanity and other life on the planet, then he should first do his homework – which he obviously has not done on global warming."[78] Dyson replied that "[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much, but it's rather against the way those people behave and the kind of intolerance to criticism that a lot of them have."[79]
wiki. Admits he doesn't know what he's talking about it, talks about it, and it slots right into your average denier's partisan approach to the problem. PoS does this shit all the time. "Oh, these scientists say they disagree with one thing about AGW. It's all wrong!" Then it turns out he's citing an engineer who works on bridges and some guy who spent the last two decades in string theory.

Please show the credentials of the climate scientists that you worship then. And while youre at it, show me a link to a study that proves a climate apocalypse is about to happen, Im waiting.

(This ought to be good for a laugh)

Naturally. Deniers need to feel special.

Your classic denier likes to pretend that he is that weird old dude in the movies who lives in shack because society shunned him for his crazy ideas, except - TADA - it turns out that he was right all along and the scientists were stupid to

These people would never argue with their heart surgeon about whether or not surgery is needed to clear a few arteries that are almost completely blocked, leaving them weeks if not days from a fatal massive heart attack. They'd never say "nah, you guys are just in it for the money. I don't have blocked arteries and they aren't a problem anyway. That's just liberal crap". But the effects of AGW aren't supposed to get really bad for 30, 50, 100 years. It'll happen to someone else, so what do they care?

I have trouble believing that these people seriously believe that they can poke around on blogs and high-five each other on forums, and thereby learn more than thousands and thousands of scientists around their world who devoted their careers to the field. Then again, Trump seemed to genuinely believe he knew more than the generals about war, so . . . 🤷

Blah, blah, blah, the climate cult karens spew nothing but hot air. No facts, just childish rants about nothing in order to gain attention to themselves.

6imG3m8.jpg

Look, you brought up Dyson.

And this is what Dyson says in the piece:

The "we" is humans, humans are having an effect of the climate.

Mr. Dyson states he does not believe the effect will be catastrophic, without presenting any evidence, without presenting any data or study. It is just his personal opinion, not backed up by anything, and it does nothing to further the discussion.

Wrong, he is saying there is no evidence that a climate catastrophe will happen, and he's right.

Let's see your evidence.

If you knew what a Dyson sphere was why did you say "It was about surrounding the earth with a metal shell"?

It's obvious you dont.

Please show the credentials of the climate scientists that you worship then. And while youre at it, show me a link to a study that proves a climate apocalypse is about to happen, Im waiting.

Blah, blah, blah, the climate cult karens spew nothing but hot air. No facts, just childish rants about nothing in order to gain attention to themselves.

6imG3m8.jpg

Wrong, he is saying there is no evidence that a climate catastrophe will happen, and he's right.

Let's see your evidence.

What are your credentials? What evidence do you have that the climate changes will not indeed result in catastrophic weather events?

Yeah. He was a legit scientist but he had a lot of rather loony sci-fi ideas.

As for climate change, he's the perfect point person for PoS. He wasn't a climate scientist. He was in entirely different fields. But, for example, :
Climate scientist James Hansen said that Dyson "doesn't know what he's talking about… If he's going to wander into something with major consequences for humanity and other life on the planet, then he should first do his homework – which he obviously has not done on global warming."[78] Dyson replied that "[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much, but it's rather against the way those people behave and the kind of intolerance to criticism that a lot of them have."[79]
wiki. Admits he doesn't know what he's talking about it, talks about it, and it slots right into your average denier's partisan approach to the problem. PoS does this shit all the time. "Oh, these scientists say they disagree with one thing about AGW. It's all wrong!" Then it turns out he's citing an engineer who works on bridges and some guy who spent the last two decades in string theory.

If you knew what a Dyson sphere was why did you say "It was about surrounding the earth with a metal shell"? It's obvious you dont.

Please show the credentials of the climate scientists that you worship then. And while youre at it, show me a link to a study that proves a climate apocalypse is about to happen, Im waiting. (This ought to be good for a laugh) Blah, blah, blah, the climate cult karens spew nothing but hot air. No facts, just childish rants about nothing in order to gain attention to themselves.

Wrong, he is saying there is no evidence that a climate catastrophe will happen, and he's right. Let's see your evidence.

Please try that in English, without dishonestly editing my post. Thank you in advance for the good faith posting I do not expect to receive.

It'd be particularly interesting why you tried to cite Dyson as a source for your AGW denier bullshit and lies, seeing as he admitted point-blank that he actually doesn't have much of any clue as to the details, seeing as this is NOT HIS AREA OF SCIENCE.

:ROFLMAO:

Please try that in English, without dishonestly editing my post. Thank you in advance for the good faith posting I do not expect to receive.

It'd be particularly interesting why you tried to cite Dyson as a source for your AGW denier bullshit and lies, seeing as he admitted point-blank that he actually doesn't have much of any clue as to the details, seeing as this is NOT HIS AREA OF SCIENCE.

His interview was nothing more than warmed-over denier talking points. Nothing at all original to him.

It's obvious you dont.

6imG3m8.jpg

Let's see your evidence.
Every teenage sci-fi reader from the '70's knows what a Dyson Sphere is. You just can't recognize sarcasm. You're too literal for that kind of nuance.
As for the rest of this crap post, you can blow it out your ass. You're just a poseur here. Climate scientist you worship? How stupid is that? You've got empty pockets and you're hoping a good line of bullshit will get you through.

As usual I asked you to provide proof that the scientists you believe are actual climate experts and show proof of their work, and you respond with your usual bullshit and run away. Typical you.

His interview was nothing more than warmed-over denier talking points. Nothing at all original to him.
LOL no facts as usual, just more hot air. Typical climate cultist talking points.

What are your credentials? What evidence do you have that the climate changes will not indeed result in catastrophic weather events?
I asked you first. For once in your life, show me proof instead of chickening out like you always do.

Every teenage sci-fi reader from the '70's knows what a Dyson Sphere is. You just can't recognize sarcasm. You're too literal for that kind of nuance.
As for the rest of this crap post, you can blow it out your ass. You're just a poseur here. Climate scientist you worship? How stupid is that? You've got empty pockets and you're hoping a good line of bullshit will get you through.
Your silly sarcasm (if it is one) has failed, as usual. Your posts are neither amusing nor do they rebut what Dyson has spoken about. Good job on another fail.

As usual I asked you to provide proof that the scientists you believe are actual climate experts and show proof of their work, and you respond with your usual bullshit and run away. Typical you.

LOL no facts as usual, just more hot air. Typical climate cultist talking points.

I asked you first. For once in your life, show me proof instead of chickening out like you always do.

Your silly sarcasm (if it is one) has failed, as usual. Your posts are neither amusing nor do they rebut what Dyson has spoken about. Good job on another fail.

Who are the climate experts? You and the other deniers here??????

See what I mean? Nothing, nada, zilch. You talking about someone else failing at humour or sarcasm is about as close as you could get to any literary technique but doesn't really qualify as using irony, being unintentional.

See what I mean? Nothing, nada, zilch. You talking about someone else failing at humour or sarcasm is about as close as you could get to any literary technique but doesn't really qualify as using irony, being unintentional.

Don't you see, he's worked out a way to defeat those scientists. All @PoS has to do is say something as snotty as it is stupid, like this: "Please show the credentials of the climate scientists that you worship then. And while youre at it, show me a link to a study that proves a climate apocalypse is about to happen,"

Sure, nobody "worships" or said they "worship" any "climate scientists".

Sure, nobody said that there is "a study" that "proves a climate apocalypse is about to happen", nor is that where the bar is.

Sure, he couldn't even understand what he was responding to, which was someone pointing out that Freeman Dyson in his own words admits that he doesn't know much of anything about climate science, so he's just about the worst source to rely on in *totally defeating* climate science.

Sure, PoS himself isn't even making a point, just pointing to Dyson and trolling anyone who responds.

Sure, the only reason this thread exists is that PoS fancies himself a star sci-fi author and stands in awe of Dyson's nutty sci-fi ideas.

But PoS won't let that stop him. Oh no. He can still win. All he's got to do is put stupid words in other peoples' mouth, demand they answer moronic challenges that have nothing to do with anything anyone was saying, and thereby totally overthrow all of climate science from right there at his keyboard.

Sure, nobody will ever know because he's just spamming an anonymous internet forum with this swill. But he's not gonna let that stop him from believing he "won".

Last edited:
Don't you see, he's worked out a way to defeat those scientists. All @PoS has to do is say something as snotty as it is stupid, like this: "Please show the credentials of the climate scientists that you worship then. And while youre at it, show me a link to a study that proves a climate apocalypse is about to happen,"

And then, no matter what the person posts, he can declare that they have not succeeded, and thereby prove that he has single-handedly overthrown all of climate science from his keyboard.

Sometimes dimwits who puff themselves up and play-act at being knowledgable can be amusing but usually they're just annoying. That's mostly because they rely on the juvenile bulletin-board tricks and ploys that have worked on them in the past and think it covers for their complete lack of substance.

Sometimes dimwits who puff themselves up and play-act at being knowledgable can be amusing but usually they're just annoying. That's mostly because they rely on the juvenile bulletin-board tricks and ploys that have worked on them in the past and think it covers for their complete lack of substance.

I'm staggered by the genius of his approach. I never realized that all I have to do to overturn an entire field of scientific endeavor is to pick a random anonymous person on the internet, demand that they prove that every accepted proposition in the field is valid, and then announce that I do not accept their proof.

And I surely never saw the advantage I would have in citing the statements of a person who admits they don't understand the field themselves in support of my coup de grace.

Was he a climate scientist, or just an old man at the time spouting denier propaganda?
physics tells me the two factors that influence the global climate are:

1st earth orbital dynamics (i.e. the closer earth is to the sun the warmer the planet AND the further away the earth is from the sun the cooler the planet)

2nd concentrations of green house gases in the atmosphere which trap infrared radiation (i.e. higher concentrations of CO2 warm the planet)

as just anther knucklehead w/ a physics degree, what I noticed in the video is the ramblings of an old guy who said nothing about physics of climate change

Sure, nobody "worships" or said they "worship" any "climate scientists".

Sure, nobody said that there is "a study" that "proves a climate apocalypse is about to happen", nor is that where the bar is.

Sure, he couldn't even understand what he was responding to, which was someone pointing out that Freeman Dyson in his own words admits that he doesn't know much of anything about climate science, so he's just about the worst source to rely on in *totally defeating* climate science.

Sure, PoS himself isn't even making a point, just pointing to Dyson and trolling anyone who responds.

Sure, the only reason this thread exists is that PoS fancies himself a star sci-fi author and stands in awe of Dyson's nutty sci-fi ideas.

But PoS won't let that stop him. Oh no. He can still win. All he's got to do is put stupid words in other peoples' mouth, demand they answer moronic challenges that have nothing to do with anything anyone was saying, and thereby totally overthrow all of climate science from right there at his keyboard.

Sure, nobody will ever know because he's just spamming an anonymous internet forum with this swill. But he's not gonna let that stop him from believing he "won".

He’s not alone. All that any of them seem to have is the standard denier talking points.

1st earth orbital dynamics (i.e. the closer earth is to the sun the warmer the planet AND the further away the earth is from the sun the cooler the planet)

2nd concentrations of green house gases in the atmosphere which trap infrared radiation (i.e. higher concentrations of CO2 warm the planet)

as just anther knucklehead w/ a physics degree, what I noticed in the video is the ramblings of an old guy who said nothing about physics of climate change

Nothing but the standard denier talking points from him in this interview. He might as well have been posting on an online forum.

The difference is that the old guy is a Physics expert of world acclaim, a contemporary of Richard Feynman,
whose logic related to physics is beyond reproach.
Part of the issue with AGW, is that the proponents will reject someone like Dyson, because he has not worked in the climate side of physics in 30 years,
but anyone who has the credentials, and still says the idea of catastrophic AGW, is BS, is somehow in the pay of the oil companies.
It could be argued that Richard Lindzen has more climate experience than even James Hansen,
yet his findings are not really considered. Judith Curry's works in the climate sciences come close to what I think
the data actually says in the climate's response to added CO2, but she is called a heretic.

Reactions: PoS
You claim the world is about to end because of climate change, so prove it with a link or a study.

Since you have not done so, it only means you and the others are lying, simple as that.

Go take your humor at the appropriate forum, because your silly attempt only made you look bad.

I'm staggered by the genius of his approach. I never realized that all I have to do to overturn an entire field of scientific endeavor is to pick a random anonymous person on the internet, demand that they prove that every accepted proposition in the field is valid, and then announce that I do not accept their proof.

And I surely never saw the advantage I would have in citing the statements of a person who admits they don't understand the field themselves in support of my coup de grace.
LOL since you cant answer a simple question, now you karen rant to someone else? Keep derping. :ROFLMAO:

Show me a link that contradicts what he says then, Im waiting.

Its something that you people always fail to do: prove anything that you say is true.

You claim the world is about to end because of climate change, so prove it with a link or a study.

Since you have not done so, it only means you and the others are lying, simple as that.

Go take your humor at the appropriate forum, because your silly attempt only made you look bad.

LOL since you cant answer a simple question, now you karen rant to someone else? Keep derping. :ROFLMAO:

Its something that you people always fail to do: prove anything that you say is true.

No climate scientist has said that the world is about to end. It only means that you and the other right wing deniers are lying, simple as that.

No climate scientist has said that the world is about to end. It only means that you and the other right wing deniers are lying, simple as that.

It really is such a stubbornly idiotic way of trying to go about "debate". He thinks he can disprove AGW by picking a random person, lying about what they said, taking the words they didn't say and putting them in your mouth, then demanding you "prove" them.

LOL since you cant answer a simple question, now you karen rant to someone else? Keep derping.

Nobody claimed any of the things you say they claimed. Take your moronic bullshit routine elsewhere.

All that happened is you cited someone, Dyson, who in his own words doesn't know anything about climate change. You are completely unable to hold your own in anything like a debate, so you just started trolling people.

All you ever do.

It really is such a stubbornly idiotic way of trying to go about "debate". He thinks he can disprove AGW by picking a random person, lying about what they said, taking the words they didn't say and putting them in your mouth, then demanding you "prove" them.

Except that it's basically what they all do.

"[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much,"

- Freeman Dyson

_______________________________________-

That's Dyson speaking (see the quote attribution?). Dyson, the person PoS cited as authority for rejecting AGW.

And apparently - because PoS alone is entitled to determine the rule of 'debate' - Dyson's uniformed complaint about AGW is carved in stone unless and remains thus until other people "prove" to PoS that what PoS dishonestly claims some politician said about AGW must be true.

:ROFLMAO: @ PoS . Just...how do you think this passes for debate? How?

Last edited:
You made a claim that there is going to be a climate catastrophe many times in this forum, and now youre backing away. Your lies are exposed.

LOL your retarded way of debating is throwing insults around and demanding people believe whatever lies you spew out because "you say so."

Wrong as usual. If you have an argument then back it up with facts, but we know you cant since you dont have any, so you run away instead.

You might ought to try reading this link and learn something for a change:

You made a claim that there is going to be a climate catastrophe many times in this forum, and now youre backing away. Your lies are exposed.

LOL your retarded way of debating is throwing insults around and demanding people believe whatever lies you spew out because "you say so."

Wrong as usual. If you have an argument then back it up with facts, but we know you cant since you dont have any, so you run away instead.

Yes, the climate scientists are indeed predicting an increase in extreme weather events that will indeed be able to be defined as "catastrophe" to those experiencing them. But that is not your repeated claim of "the world is going to end".

Blah blah blah, more vapid b/f/t from PoS.

Sad that he has passed on. The greatest scientific mind since Einstein.

His reasonings are very down to earth, and fully explain why these climate apocalypse fears are nonsense.

Shall we put aside your latest round of idiotic b/f/t? Great.

Your thread is entirely based on an appeal to authority fallacy. That alone is hilarious because you always squawk/meltdown at people about their alleged fallacies.

And even then, the authority you appealed to admits that he does not understand the mechanics of AGW:

"[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much . . . "

- Freeman Dyson

And to top if off, you actually think you are being clever by pretending that the faulty authority to whom you have idiotically appealed speaks God's One Truth, just so long as you make sure not to admit that someone has "proved" the idiocy of your post to you.

Yes, the climate scientists are indeed predicting an increase in extreme weather events that will indeed be able to be defined as "catastrophe" to those experiencing them. But that is not your repeated claim of "the world is going to end".

It really is special. @PoS actually believes that putting words in peoples' mouths, demanding they defend those words, and making a big show of waving his naked ass around is how one debates.

Back
Top Bottom