• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freeman Dyson: Climate Change Predictions Are Absurd

PoS

Minister of Love
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Sad that he has passed on. The greatest scientific mind since Einstein.

His reasonings are very down to earth, and fully explain why these climate apocalypse fears are nonsense.

How so?

His reasonings are very down to earth, and fully explain why these climate apocalypse fears are nonsense.
How so?

Was he a climate scientist, or just an old man at the time spouting denier propaganda?

I don’t need anyone to tell me that “Climate Change” predictions are absurd, all a person really needs is common sense.

I don’t need anyone to tell me that “Climate Change” predictions are absurd, all a person really needs is common sense.

So common sense tells us that human-produced CO2 spewing into the air since the advent of the Industrial Revolution has not long-term consequences for the atmosphere and climate? Really? That’s a very strange claim.

Common sense is when a kid learns that a hot stove will burn you if you touch it.

He actually was quite well known in math and quantum theory. Not sure that makes his critiques of climate topics all that meaningful but he was certainly no slouch academically.

What does it feel like to be smarter in the topic of climate than almost all the world's climate experts over the last 60 years? I'm curious how many accolades you've accumulated in the fields related to climate given your "common sense" approach.

It must be fun to be so very, very smart. But it also has to make you sad that thousands upon thousands of people who dedicated their lives to these topics were all so desperately stupid.

I wish you didn't have such a burden to carry. But I bet your "common sense approach" has netted brilliant benefits throughout your entire life! It's so much easier than actually knowing the science.

Look up his background, and watch the video, thats why its there.
You're the one that made claims about him, so you can provide a summary of why he's supposedly someone to listen to wrt Earth.

His reasonings are decidedly unscientific.

"Oh we can't know nobody knows for sure" and then presents a false dichotomy of things we can do. There's nothing interesting in this video. He presents no evidence.

"Oh we can't know nobody knows for sure" and then presents a false dichotomy of things we can do. There's nothing interesting in this video. He presents no evidence.

What papers has he written regarding climate science? Bottom line: just another denier.

Show your evidence that the world is about to end due to climate change. The onus is on you to prove it, not the other way around.

You're the one that made claims about him, so you can provide a summary of why he's supposedly someone to listen to wrt Earth.
Its why I posted the video. If you cant watch it then go troll somebody else's thread.

Why is the dark side of Venus hotter than the dark side of mercury?

Why are parts of the moon exposed to the sun far hotter than sun exposed parts of the earth, why are parts of the moon that are not sunlight far colder than parts of the earth not exposed to the sun?

Show your evidence that the world is about to end due to climate change. The onus is on you to prove it, not the other way around.

Its why I posted the video. If you cant watch it then go troll somebody else's thread.

The onus is not on Deuce. The onus is on you to discover the research of climate scientists on a worldwide basis the that shows that present global warming is due to man-produced CO2 and its potential long-term negative results. You can only educate yourself, no one else can do it for you.

The onus is not on Deuce. The onus is on you to discover the research of climate scientists on a worldwide basis the that shows that present global warming is due to man-produced CO2 and its potential long-term negative results. You can only educate yourself, no one else can do it for you.
Bullshit. Greta Thundberg and the rest of your friends do not state any facts when questioned, all they do is rant and keep telling us the world will end and something must be done now.

Show us the proof. We are waiting.

Bullshit. Greta Thundberg and the rest of your friends do not state any facts when questioned, all they do is rant and keep telling us the world will end and something must be done now.

Show us the proof. We are waiting.

See post #16. Also see the threads "Talking Points of Climate Deniers".

I am guessing that you do not understand that the scientific consensus is only that it has warmed in the last century,
and that Human activity is likely involved.
The consensus does not include any specific contribution by CO2, or any negative consequences.
Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate Is Warming
"Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*:
Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities."
There is scientific evidence that increasing the CO2 level will cause some warming.
The actual amount of warming caused from a particular increase in CO2, has not, and likely cannot be
validated in a repeatable scientific experiment.
The vast majority of predicted negative results from increases in CO2, are a result of Computer models,
which also have not, and likely cannot be tested by repeatable scientific experiment.
If you have any actual empirical evidence about how the climate will respond to increases in CO2,
then please cite and quote the sections of the peer reviewed papers, that support that claim?

I am guessing that you do not understand that the scientific consensus is only that it has warmed in the last century,
and that Human activity is likely involved.
The consensus does not include any specific contribution by CO2, or any negative consequences.
Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate Is Warming
"Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree*:
Climate-warming trends over the past century are extremely likely due to human activities."
There is scientific evidence that increasing the CO2 level will cause some warming.
The actual amount of warming caused from a particular increase in CO2, has not, and likely cannot be
validated in a repeatable scientific experiment.
The vast majority of predicted negative results from increases in CO2, are a result of Computer models,
which also have not, and likely cannot be tested by repeatable scientific experiment.
If you have any actual empirical evidence about how the climate will respond to increases in CO2,
then please cite and quote the sections of the peer reviewed papers, that support that claim?

You are repeating yourself again.

Only because my claims are still true!

Actually, they have been refuted numerous times by various people, but you still find a way to insert them yet again after awhile from the last time.

Actually, they have been refuted numerous times by various people, but you still find a way to insert them yet again after awhile from the last time.
Which claims have been refuted?
What do YOU this is the scientific consensus on climate change, and why?

You do love to go around in circles, don't you?
Something has to be defined, before it can be stated as fact!
You love to throw out what the climate scientists on a worldwide think, without actually
setting a boundary condition, on the extent of the claim.
Please tell us what you think the scientific consensus on climate change is, so that we can discuss
it using the same definition.
I use the NASA definition, if you are using a different definition, please state or cite it?

Back
Top Bottom