• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freeman Dyson: Climate Change Predictions Are Absurd

Show your evidence that the world is about to end due to climate change. The onus is on you to prove it, not the other way around.
"The world is about to end due to climate change" is not an argument I am making, or ever have made. Thanks for further proving this video is garbage, though! Attacking a straw man, yet another unscientific argument.

Bullshit. Greta Thundberg and the rest of your friends do not state any facts when questioned, all they do is rant and keep telling us the world will end and something must be done now.

Show us the proof. We are waiting.

You're waiting on a straw man. Please, hold your breath.

See post #16. Also see the threads "Talking Points of Climate Deniers".
So once again youve got nothing to back up your false, cultish beliefs. Im not surprised.

"The world is about to end due to climate change" is not an argument I am making, or ever have made. Thanks for further proving this video is garbage, though! Attacking a straw man, yet another unscientific argument.
The one with the fallacious arguments is you. Dyson clearly explains why he thinks apocalyptic predictions are silly, so your weaseling attempt at moving the goalposts fail yet again.

You're waiting on a straw man. Please, hold your breath.
Waiting on you to produce any facts will be like hell freezing over.

So once again youve got nothing to back up your false, cultish beliefs. Im not surprised.

The one with the fallacious arguments is you. Dyson clearly explains why he thinks apocalyptic predictions are silly, so your weaseling attempt at moving the goalposts fail yet again.

You're demanding proof to support an "apocalyptic prediction" that I never made.

You, and this old coot, are both making the same mistake. Attacking a straw man. I'm not interested in debating an argument nobody who matters is making.

Some rando on Twitter might see AOC state something about the world ending in 11 years and believe she was talking literally. I don't care about that person's misperception nor do I care about yours.

Psychological projection.

So common sense tells us that human-produced CO2 spewing into the air since the advent of the Industrial Revolution has not long-term consequences for the atmosphere and climate? Really? That’s a very strange claim.
Prove to me that the influence of the 0.005% of our atmosphere we contribute is more significant that the influence of the Sun and its constant variability and you've got me ?

All the rest is agenda driven hokum 😉

Prove to me that the influence of the 0.005% of our atmosphere we contribute is more significant that the influence of the Sun and its constant variability and you've got me ?

All the rest is agenda driven hokum 😉

“I” don’t have to prove it to you. There is plenty of info online as to why it is so. Do some research and then get back to me if you can find a source that undergirds your claim above. I’m betting you can’t find a source that says that the sun rather than CO2 is the primary factor for the present global warming. You’ll do plenty of dancing and deflecting, but you won’t find a mainstream source that says that.

“I” don’t have to prove it to you. There is plenty of info online as to why it is so. Do some research and then get back to me if you can find a source that undergirds your claim above. I’m betting you can’t find a source that says that the sun rather than CO2 is the primary factor for the present global warming. You’ll do plenty of dancing and deflecting, but you won’t find a mainstream source that says that.

I 've done plenty of research my friend over the last three decades hence my questions which I note you haven't yet answered 😉

I 've done plenty of research my friend over the last three decades hence my questions which I note you haven't yet answered 😉

It would help if you did your research from articles and papers by actual climate scientists instead of from denier blogs. GIGO, as they say in computerese. Garbage in, garbage out. Unless you use sources regarding the actual science, you won’t learn much in regard to the facts and truth of it.

It would help if you did your research from articles and papers by actual climate scientists instead of from denier blogs. GIGO, as they say in computerese. Garbage in, garbage out. Unless you use sources regarding the actual science, you won’t learn much in regard to the facts and truth of it.

By all means prove I have formulated my opinion from these so called 'denier blogs; and not from actual empirical data ?

You're demanding proof to support an "apocalyptic prediction" that I never made.

You, and this old coot, are both making the same mistake. Attacking a straw man. I'm not interested in debating an argument nobody who matters is making.

Some rando on Twitter might see AOC state something about the world ending in 11 years and believe she was talking literally. I don't care about that person's misperception nor do I care about yours.
If youre not going to debate what's said on the video, then why are you in this thread? Oh thats right, just trolling because you have nothing of substance to say.

If anyone is doing a strawman here, its you, congrats.
Cultish fallacious logic. And still no proof of your fanatical apoclyptic claims.

If youre not going to debate what's said on the video, then why are you in this thread? Oh thats right, just trolling because you have nothing of substance to say.

If anyone is doing a strawman here, its you, congrats.

Cultish fallacious logic. And still no proof of your fanatical apoclyptic claims.

Serious discussion of the potential for huge economic and environmental problems as a result of AGW is not "fanatical apocalyptic claims". The use of such emotion-based phrasing simply shows a lack of seriousness on your part.

Serious discussion of the potential for huge economic and environmental problems as a result of AGW is not "fanatical apocalyptic claims". The use of such emotion-based phrasing simply shows a lack of seriousness on your part.
But the idea that there will be huge economic and environmental problems as a result of AGW,
is predicated on the Climate having a high sensitivity to added CO2.
It the Climate's sensitivity to added CO2 is low, as the empirical data suggests, then
so is the likelihood of any huge economic and environmental problems!

Reactions: PoS
Please show us proof that these "huge economic and environmental problems" are going to happen.

Chicken Little climate model. The sky will fall by 1980......... no, wait,....the sky will fall by 1985......... make that 1990, and oceans will rise 40 feet...... now we got it right; 2000 is the end time, and people will literally burn up......... no, wait... WTF........ for sure in 2010...... for sure in 2015........ absolutely in 2020, and by then we will also be out of oil.

Chicken Little climate model. The sky will fall by 1980......... no, wait,....the sky will fall by 1985......... make that 1990, and oceans will rise 40 feet...... now we got it right; 2000 is the end time, and people will literally burn up......... no, wait... WTF........ for sure in 2010...... for sure in 2015........ absolutely in 2020, and by then we will also be out of oil.

None of this is accurate, it's all just denier talking points and rantings.

Sad that he has passed on. The greatest scientific mind since Einstein.

His reasonings are very down to earth, and fully explain why these climate apocalypse fears are nonsense.

Where is his data, where is his analysis of the data. This is nothing, an opinion without any support whatsoever.

But around 30 - 45 seconds in, he says "all the evidence we have is that we are having some effect on the climate". Well, there you go.

Where is his data, where is his analysis of the data. This is nothing, an opinion without any support whatsoever.

But around 30 - 45 seconds in, he says "all the evidence we have is that we are having some effect on the climate". Well, there you go.
There you go what? He says we dont know what the exact effect we are having, if any, and he's right. THERE IS NO PROOF.

There you go what? He says we dont know what the exact effect we are having, if any, and he's right. THERE IS NO PROOF.

There is EVIDENCE. Lots of it! You could easily find it if you cared to.

People don't understand real science any more. They go with post-modern science, or popular belief.

Reactions: PoS
There is EVIDENCE. Lots of it! You could easily find it if you cared to.
You clearly dont have any, so why should anyone with a brain believe you?

People don't understand real science any more. They go with post-modern science, or popular belief.

How many times have you posted that particular talking point? Doesn’t matter. It’s still false every time you do so.

Back
Top Bottom