• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Freeman Dyson: Climate Change Predictions Are Absurd

Yes, the climate scientists are indeed predicting an increase in extreme weather events that will indeed be able to be defined as "catastrophe" to those experiencing them. But that is not your repeated claim of "the world is going to end".
LOL what catastrophe? Show me a link that proves people are dying due to climate change caused by AGW.

Shall we put aside your latest round of idiotic b/f/t? Great.

Your thread is entirely based on an appeal to authority fallacy.
LOL you claim I am doing appeal to authority, yet you do the exact same thing! Tu quoque fallacy!

You keep claiming Dyson isnt qualified to say anything, yet you fail to provide any list of names of these so-called scientists you believe in. Thanks for once again making the most idiotic posts ever- DERP.

Youre like a Christian missionary who demands people worship your nutty god but when asked to see proof you run away. LMAO. What a joke your posts are. :ROFLMAO:

LOL what catastrophe? Show me a link that proves people are dying due to climate change caused by AGW.

LOL you claim I am doing appeal to authority, yet you do the exact same thing! Tu quoque fallacy!

You keep claiming Dyson isnt qualified to say anything, yet you fail to provide any list of names of these so-called scientists you believe in. Thanks for once again making the most idiotic posts ever- DERP.

Youre like a Christian missionary who demands people worship your nutty god but when asked to see proof you run away. LMAO. What a joke your posts are. :ROFLMAO:

Psychological projection BIGTIME!

Blah blah blah. More lazy b/f/t. Neither I nor any words you put in my mouth are the subject.

This is the subject, and you should know seeing as you created the thread:

Sad that he has passed on. The greatest scientific mind since Einstein.
His reasonings are very down to earth, and fully explain why these climate apocalypse fears are nonsense.

A straight appeal to Dyson as authority on AGW. Except this is what Dyson has said about his eminent knowledge of AGW:
"[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much,"

Your thread, your burden. That's how this works. You need to explain why anyone should listen to a guy who admits ignorance about AGW verbally piss on it.

Can you do that? Or are you going to have another spazzed-out b/f/t meltdown at me to try to hide your fail?

Last edited:
Psychological projection BIGTIME!
LOL thanks for admitting youre out of excuses now. I win. Heehee!

And now onto DERP Central:

Blah blah blah. More lazy b/f/t. Neither I nor any words you put in my mouth are the subject.

This is the subject, and you should know seeing as you created the thread:
LOL you made an appeal to authority first by claiming FD doesnt have the credentials, so Im still waiting for you to show that anyone on your side has any, so go on, we're all waiting with baited breath.

But I doubt you will show any proof of anything since youre totally clueless on the subject. Prove me wrong, if you dare. :LOL:

LOL you made an appeal to authority first by claiming FD doesnt have the credentials, so Im still waiting for you to show that anyone on your side has any, so go on, we're all waiting with baited breath.
But I doubt you will show any proof of anything since youre totally clueless on the subject. Prove me wrong, if you dare.

More b/f/t and cowardly evasion. I am not the subject of the thread, PoS. This is the subject of the thread:

His reasonings are very down to earth, and fully explain why these climate apocalypse fears are nonsense.

Why should we listen to Dyson when Dyson himself says he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to AGW?

I mean, you get how debate works, right?

Last edited:

But I doubt you will show any proof of anything since youre totally clueless on the subject. Prove me wrong, if you dare. :LOL:

Dyson doesn't have the credentials. He admitted that himself. What do you not understand about that?

More b/f/t and cowardly evasion. I am not the subject of the thread, PoS. This is the subject of the thread:

Why should we listen to Dyson when Dyson himself says he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to AGW?

I mean, you get how debate works, right?
Wrong. He says there is no conclusive evidence to prove that humans are directly causing changes in climate, or that its bad for us.

You claim he's wrong, so prove it!

But you cant. We know that. So keep derping. :LOL:

Dyson doesn't have the credentials. He admitted that himself. What do you not understand about that?
Okay, so show us someone who has the credentials who proves that there's a threat to humanity. I'm still waiting on you and your friend to provide me with some.

Wrong. He says there is no conclusive evidence to prove that humans are directly causing changes in climate, or that its bad for us.
Okay, so show us someone who has the credentials who proves that there's a threat to humanity. I'm still waiting on you and your friend to provide me with some

Blah blah blah, more b/f/t and cowardly evasions. You still haven't done a single thing to meet your burden.

Why should anyone listen to the opinion of someone about AGW when that person says:

"[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much"

Blah blah blah, more b/f/t and cowardly evasions. You still haven't done a single thing to meet your burden.

Why should anyone listen to the opinion of someone about AGW when that person says:

"[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much"
LOL you claim he is wrong, so prove it!

But you cant, because you have NOTHING!

Keep Derping, Mr. P, its the only thing youre good at! :LOL:

LOL you claim he is wrong, so prove it!

Actually here's what I said:

You don't get to demand that I "prove" words you put in my mouth. Either you can establish that Dyson is an authority on AGW or your thread is just more stupid bullshit.

:ROFLMAO:

Actually here's what I said:

You don't get to demand that I "prove" words you put in my mouth. Either you can establish that Dyson is an authority on AGW or your thread is just more stupid bullshit.

He has more authority than you thats for sure. So Im still waiting for you to prove him wrong.

But you cant. Keep derping LMAO!

Okay, so show us someone who has the credentials who proves that there's a threat to humanity. I'm still waiting on you and your friend to provide me with some.

All that Dyson did in his interview was to parrot the very same denier talking points that we hear every day in here from chatters in an online forum. I have no need to “prove” anything because he did not provide EVEN A SINGLE SOURCE to back up his statements. All that you are doing is using an appeal to authority, even though that “authority” has never done even a single day of research into the matter. EPIC FAIL!

All that Dyson did in his interview was to parrot the very same denier talking points that we hear every day in here from chatters in an online forum. I have no need to “prove” anything because he did not provide EVEN A SINGLE SOURCE to back up his statements. All that you are doing is using an appeal to authority, even though that “authority” has never done even a single day of research into the matter. EPIC FAIL!
LOL more projection from the climate cult. Either show a link to a study that proves Dyson wrong, or go away.

LOL more projection from the climate cult. Either show a link to a study that proves Dyson wrong, or go away.

See and read post #137 and respond to it directly. Can you name a study about climate change in which Dyson participated? Waiting. Waiting.
P.S.: appeal to authority only works when the person truly IS an authority. Dyson clearly is not in regards to climate change.

He has more authority than you thats for sure.

Bwwwwaahahaahahahahahah!

See? Nothing. You've got nothing. Like always, you went off half-cocked and cited a guy who says he's not an authority on AGW.

Stupid. ****ing. Bullshit. Every time.

See and read post #137 and respond to it directly. Can you name a study about climate change in which Dyson participated? Waiting. Waiting.
P.S.: appeal to authority only works when the person truly IS an authority. Dyson clearly is not in regards to climate change.
So Im supposed to believe you because... you say so? Not a chance. Prove Dyson wrong by posting a link... oh wait you cant because like your derping pal, you got nothing!

Bwwwwaahahaahahahahahah!

See? Nothing. You've got nothing. Like always, you went off half-cocked and cited a guy who says he's not an authority on AGW.

Stupid. ****ing. Bullshit. Every time.

Dyson is a million times smarter than you, oh wait make that a billion times. LOL.

Still failing to prove anything. Your posts are nothing but bullshit and everyone knows it. Pwned!

ROFL!

@PoS is still trying to fight his way out of his fail.

"[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much," means Dyson is not an authority.

Seriously. How can he not figure this out?

ROFL!

"[m]y objections to the global warming propaganda are not so much over the technical facts, about which I do not know much," means Dyson is not an authority.

And now youre claiming to be an authority over him because you say so? LMAO! Nobody on this planet believes you, so keep on derping.

So Im supposed to believe you because... you say so? Not a chance. Prove Dyson wrong by posting a link... oh wait you cant because like your derping pal, you got nothing!

Dyson is a million times smarter than you, oh wait make that a billion times. LOL.

Still failing to prove anything. Your posts are nothing but bullshit and everyone knows it. Pwned!

Please see and respond DIRECTLY to post #137.

ROFL!

I forgot to tell PoS how much I agree with his handle!

And now youre claiming to be an authority over him because you say so? LMAO! Nobody on this planet believes you, so keep on derping.

More psychological projection.

LOL says the person who thinks he's as smart as Freeman Dyson!

omfg, you actually typed that?

Your "argument" for why we should trust someone who says he is not an authority on AGW is.....accusing people of "thinking they are as smart as Freeman Dyson"

That's mind-****ingly stupid. Pure idiocy.

omfg, you actually typed that?

Your "argument" for why we should trust someone who says he is not an authority on AGW is.....accusing people of "thinking they are as smart as Freeman Dyson"

That's mind-****ingly stupid. Pure idiocy.
It's based on his quote right here:

So once again you try your idiotic gotcha tactic and it fails miserably for you. Care to dig that hole any deeper? :D

It's based on his quote right here:
Not according to his own words. I have done no actual first-hand research into AGW and neither has Dyson. That puts us on equal footing in the matter.

So once again you try your idiotic gotcha tactic and it fails miserably for you. Care to dig that hole any deeper?

lol wut? You're quoting watsup telling you that he is just as ignorant as Dyson when it comes to AGW.

Do you even understand how comprehensively you have just failed?

See if you can follow this:
- Dyson says he is not an authority on the technical details of AGW
- Your thread asks us to accept Dyson as an authority on AGW, and rely on it to reject what climate scientists are saying about AGW's effects.
- We asked you why we should listen to Dyson when Dyson says he doesn't know what he's talking about.
- Your response was to accuse us of thinking we are "smarter than Freeman Dyson".
- You are now justifying that moronic display by quoting watsup saying that he is also ignorant about the technical details of AGW.

You are genuinely trying to use watsup saying that he is as ignorant as Dyson on AGW as justification for accusing watsup and me of thinking we are smarter than Freeman Dyson!

Ye Gods!

Back
Top Bottom