• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Fox news guest says trump voters should pay for border wall by crowdfunding it

And you keep ignoring what I posted. That part of my post you truncated only had to deal with the promise of keeping the doctor. Nothing about increased premiums. Nothing at all. One more time. And I also never said the losses had to do with the passage of the ACA. I said - quite clearly - that the losses had nothing to do with the doctor promise.

And are you going to say your husband's insurance premiums didn't increase before the ACA was passed? Because that would make him pretty much the only person in the entire country who didn't see his premiums increase before the passage of the ACA.

Whether people's negative impressions of Obamacare were accurate or mistaken, those impressions led to the electoral slaughter of Democrats.

In Wisconsin in 2010, Feingold lost his Senate seat to Ron Johnson in that Obamacare-fueled red wave.

In 2016, it was thought he would be a shoe-in to take his seat back. And then came the ads reminding people about his Obamacare vote and his poll numbers started sinking.

I was responding to someone else who brought up Democratic lies about Obamacare. I gave an on-point answer to that person. You are attempting a thread derailment in about the most boorish way a person could do so without being a Trump supporter. Adios.

But Obama said the ACA would make premiums go down he also said if you like your insurance you could keep your insurance. The you can keep your doctor, you can keep your insurance and your premiums will go down are three lies that Obama told the public to sell them on the ACA.

I kept my insurance. So did everyone else I know. In fact, only 2.6 million Americans were forced to move to a different policy. I kept my doctor. So did everyone I know. So did almost all Americans.

He never sold me on the ACA. I wasn't stupid enough to think a President could decide where my family physician worked. Anyone who did deserves what they got. Just like any idiot who believed Mexico was going to pay for the wall deserved what they got when they voted for Trump.

Adults use their brains and don't willfully believe politicians.

Whether people's negative impressions of Obamacare were accurate or mistaken, those impressions led to the electoral slaughter of Democrats.

In Wisconsin in 2010, Feingold lost his Senate seat to Ron Johnson in that Obamacare-fueled red wave.

In 2016, it was thought he would be a shoe-in to take his seat back. And then came the ads reminding people about his Obamacare vote and his poll numbers started sinking.

I was responding to someone else who brought up Democratic lies about Obamacare. I gave an on-point answer to that person. You are attempting a thread derailment in about the most boorish way a person could do so without being a Trump supporter. Adios.

I didn't derail the thread. You were the one talking about Obama's promise about keeping your doctor. Now you're mad because I posted in response to your post about Obama promising that.

Maybe next time you should pay attention to what you post so you don't have vapors because someone actually wants to discuss what you posted about.

When the US government taxes GM how do you think GM recoups that business expense? You do realize that millionaires on average pay 30% of their income. And households making $100,000 pay 19% .

Maybe they can pay for the wall. But since as explained by others here, most of them get out of paying altogether (or at least those with tens or hundreds of millions and up) the middle class end up paying a larger portion of their income, and especially their living expenses.

I've never been for higher taxes for the wealthy, just for holding them to the obligations they already have. In fact I'd be happy to see the tax rate for the rich lowered to the same percentage as middle-income, just as long as they actually pay it. But there's about as much chance of that as getting Mexico to pay for the wall.

I'm fine with this. Also, the wall should only be built on the properties of Trump supporters.

I was thinking more along the lines of don't build it, and move all the progressive liberals down to the first homes encountered across the border....

I'm fine with this. Also, the wall should only be built on the properties of Trump supporters.

And for an additional fee or donation they can have their names inscribed on it as well!

I was thinking more along the lines of don't build it, and move all the progressive liberals down to the first homes encountered across the border....

Well, in order for the wall to be built on just trump supporter properties, they would first need to buy the land of all the people at the border. But of course they would need to pay the seller's asking price. Seems reasonable.

It's not the tax rate that's the problem, millionaires have a higher rate. It's all the write-offs, loopholes and deductions. Basically can bring their rates down to zero.
Yet even with all those loopholes they pay the majority of the tax burden

Think of it this way for every $10 the gov spends, the top 1% pays $5 of it, they borrow another $4, the next 49% pay $1, the other 50% pay $0

Last edited:
Well, in order for the wall to be built on just trump supporter properties, they would first need to buy the land of all the people at the border. But of course they would need to pay the seller's asking price. Seems reasonable.

Luckily there is a law that covers that....

em·i·nent do·main
nounLAW
the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation.

Whew....Solved that one.

lol... So you like the caste system of illegal immigrants to support our corporate fruit industry...

How... ruthlessly capitalistic you are xD

Everytime I hear "But they do jobs Americans don't want to do" from someone on the Left I can't help but laugh. They are literally supporting a 2nd class citizenry for cheaper labor, then turn around and cry about wage suppression.

Luckily there is a law that covers that....

em·i·nent do·main
nounLAW
the right of a government or its agent to expropriate private property for public use, with payment of compensation.

Whew....Solved that one.

Nope.

We could do this forever.....Eminent domain is exactly how this could be achieved for those whom didn't agree to sell.....It's how the government works....

We could do this forever.....Eminent domain is exactly how this could be achieved for those whom didn't agree to sell.....It's how the government works....

That's nice. But you're forgetting something: you have no leverage. The House is never going to agree to fund the wall that Trump wants. Sure, they'll probably agree to pay for some fence repairs, but you're not getting your wall.

So you want the wall? Pay for it yourself, and build it in your own back yard.

That's nice. But you're forgetting something: you have no leverage. The House is never going to agree to fund the wall that Trump wants. Sure, they'll probably agree to pay for some fence repairs, but you're not getting your wall.

Wait. Instead of having to force good upstanding Americans to sell their land along the border why not build it on Mexico's side? Since they are paying for it.

So, you're officially against national security....Good for you...I'm sure that's a winner.

It's not the tax rate that's the problem, millionaires have a higher rate. It's all the write-offs, loopholes and deductions. Basically can bring their rates down to zero.

Some even get refunds.

Wait. Instead of having to force good upstanding Americans to sell their land along the border why not build it on Mexico's side? Since they are paying for it.

That works too. They can pay for it and build it.

So, you're officially against national security....Good for you...I'm sure that's a winner.

Hey, nobody's stopping you from starting a gofund me account. I'm sure you'll get the 5 billion in no time. Of course you'll all have to build sections of the wall on your own property throughout the United States. I have to admit that would be pretty funny.

Likewise Obamacare helps millions of people, but you don't care about your fellow Americans that need Obamacare. Cons, and especially Trump supporters, can go choke on their soapboxes.

I love Obama care we get $1600 per month in assistance, America just can’t afford that kind of stupid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love Obama care we get $1600 per month in assistance, America just can’t afford that kind of stupid!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, Amerca cannot afford that kind of stupid!

My premiums more than doubled within two years when Unaffordable Care was first implemented.
Somebody had to pay for your assistance. It was me, and yes, I did mind.

Back
Top Bottom