• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Forum upgrade complete

Thanks! It looks really neat and sleek! Hope you can get some sleep soon.

ispy is acting kind of buggy, in case that is not on the list of kinks to work out yet.

here is a screencap of what i am seeing from it:

ispy.png

Edit: and apparently pictures do not automatically resize now either, but I am sure there are a million and one little kinks to iron out to finish moving in yet.

Last edited:
I'm sure there are many good features that come with the upgrade, but I'm afraid that I have to agree in that readability is less clear even when you switch to the old dp theme. Also, the white background is so bright.

I'm sure there are many good features that come with the upgrade, but I'm afraid that I have to agree in that readability is less clear even when you switch to the old dp theme. Also, the white background is so bright.

The white background is horrible....blinding. I hope they can shade the quotes.

It should be working ok now. iSpy

:thumbs:

looks good.

Where is the link kept for that these days? I could not find it.

iSpy <--edit: links are not automatically underlined unless you mouse over them?

Not sure where the original thread is that contained the link, but I posted it here so it can get lost in yet another location :2razz:

looks good.

iSpy <--edit: links are not automatically underlined unless you mouse over them?

Not sure where the original thread is that contained the link, but I posted it here so it can get lost in yet another location :2razz:

Yeah, I knew that was a link in his post. I meant where is it permanently on the forum? Where can I find it normally without going to this thread?

Yeah, I knew that was a link in his post. I meant where is it permanently on the forum? Where can I find it normally without going to this thread?

I can't either.

looks good.

But where is it found within DP? I don't see it in any of my drop down menu's? It's only available via link?

:confused:

Where are the stats? I found logged in users at the bottom of the Forum view, but no stats on threads. That is how I used to find new threads to subscribe to.
No worries, awaiting until the server completes search re-index before enabling them.

Anyone except reefedjib have the courage to agree or disagree and be Specific why? "Oh Goody" doesn't count.

I was specifically responding to your comment about the server jamming up occasionally. I like the new site.

I retract my earlier comments.

The layout will take some getting used to, but so far I am finding it smooth and user friendly. It feels a lot cleaner than the previous one... maybe it's the new paint job. :)

Thank you vauge and Akston.

I retract my earlier comments.

The layout will take some getting used to, but so far I am finding it smooth and user friendly. It feels a lot cleaner than the previous one... maybe it's the new paint job. :)

Thank you vauge and Akston.

Yeah, though there are some differences that I don't like, it's the cleanness of the look that impresses me.

Good news and some ..meh news.

Good news:
* I've found a sphinx search implementation that appears to work.
* We need to take the forums down for a few minutes to implement it. I've installed it in our testing forums and it works great.

Meh news:
* We are about 2/3 through the search re-indexing.
* After that is complete, we can turn off forums and move over to the new search. Should take less than 1 hour.
* I will give the forum a 30 minute notice before hand.

Good news and some ..meh news.

Good news:
* I've found a sphinx search implementation that appears to work.
* We need to take the forums down for a few minutes to implement it. I've installed it in our testing forums and it works great.

Meh news:
* We are about 2/3 through the search re-indexing.
* After that is complete, we can turn off forums and move over to the new search. Should take less than 1 hour.
* I will give the forum a 30 minute notice before hand.

We appreciate all the trouble you're going to on our behalf, even if some of us aren't entirely comfortable with change.

Ruh roh - The upgrade is violating the Vegas Rule. You can see the title of the most recent Basement post upstairs. I am sure you have your work cut out for you as it is, so sorry for putting yet another item on your plate.

It seems to be running a little smoother this morning; I no longer have to click on buttons three times, and then wait 30 seconds for results.
So... it's all good. :)

It seems to be running a little smoother this morning; I no longer have to click on buttons three times, and then wait 30 seconds for results.
So... it's all good. :)

It's going to get even better. Just give it a little time. Soon, very soon, you will forget all about the old forum.

Stats added back to homepage. I am working on the colors, but the default doesn't look too bad. However, it was a feature many of us missed for the last few days.
Appears to be running ok without taxing the server so far ....

:)

Back
Top Bottom