• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Florida OKs school materials aimed at making students conservatives

I would rather be indoctrinated by a Conservative promoting conservative ideals than by WOKE activists poisoning the minds of children and weak-minded Progressives.

Hmm… that’s simply stating that you’re not objecting to bias, as long as you happen to agree with that bias. I’d rather have educational and news sources present both (or all) sides of a matter and let students and readers draw their own conclusions.

You seem to fail label stuff which you happen to (largely?) agree with as ‘propaganda’, while labeling stuff which you happen to disagree with as ‘propaganda .

Ah, now a bold deflection. You're good at this! Let's see what is next in the playbook....

Hmm… that’s simply stating that you’re not objecting to bias, as long as you happen to agree with that bias.
Here's the problem, my friend. That dog not only don't hunt, it died and was buried decades ago. Even its pups died years ago...

Hmm… that’s simply stating that you’re not objecting to bias, as long as you happen to agree with that bias. I’d rather have educational and news sources present both (or all) sides of a matter and let students and readers draw their own conclusions.
Everyone, to some degree is biased. No one is without bias.
I agree with your last statement. That's why I sample news and commentary coming from both sides of the political fence.
We can only hope when black (and white) students experience that comprehensive black history curriculum in an actual classroom, the majority of the students appreciate how far-reaching that investigation into black history really is.

Neat, a fact-free "both sides" argument is the first response!

What fact(s) was I supposed to find in the OP?

Is it not a fact that MSNBC, CNN and Fox News all present biased content?

At what point does biased (or one sided) content become propaganda and who, exactly, gets to make that call and by using what metric(s)?

Let's get back to the thread, how about? What has become abundantly clear is that Ron DeFascist prefers to stack everything against reality and see if any of it sticks. The problem is, he's just so obvious about it. He's trying to ride the right-wing CT train into the White House, emphasis on the white, by proposing every white nationalist fantasy as policy. Misogyny? Check. Anti-LGBT? Check. Racism? Check. Xenophobia? Check. He's a rodeo clown, complete with silly costumes.

1690908571040.png 1690908617817.png

What fact(s) was I supposed to find in the OP?

Is it not a fact that MSNBC, CNN and Fox News all present biased content?

At what point does biased (or one sided) content become propaganda and who, exactly, gets to make that call and by using what metric(s)?
Ah, let's double down on the deflection! BZZZT. You used that one already... No points to Slytherin.

Yep, how dare anyone disagree with or question a post which you agree with? ;)
Because all of your responses, beginning with the first, are bullshit. You just keep repeating the same rightwing memes and expect people to swallow them. Did you even read the OP article? No, you didn't.

"The Florida Department of Education determined that educational materials geared toward young children and high school students created by PragerU, a nonprofit co-founded by conservative radio host Dennis Prager, were in alignment with the state’s standards on how to teach civics and government to K-12 students.

The content, some of which is narrated by conservative personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Candance Owens, features cartoons, five-minute video history lessons and story-time shows for young children. It is part of a brand called PragerU Kids. And the lessons share a common message: Being pro-American means aligning oneself to mainstream conservative talking points.

“We are in the mind-changing business and few groups can say that,” Prager says in a promotional video for PragerU. He reiterated this sentiment this summer at a conference for the conservative group Moms for Liberty in Philadelphia, saying it is “fair” to say PragerU indoctrinates children.

“It’s true we bring doctrines to children,” Prager told the group. “But what is the bad about our indoctrination?”

Them's facts, baby, and you are desperately trying to avoid them.

Everyone, to some degree is biased. No one is without bias.
I agree with your last statement. That's why I sample news and commentary coming from both sides of the political fence.
We can only hope when black (and white) students experience that comprehensive black history curriculum in an actual classroom, the majority of the students appreciate how far-reaching that investigation into black history really is.

Unfortunately, that option (to sample other material) is limited within a public K-12 school environment. If the teacher asserts that A caused B, then your assertion (no matter how well supported by documentation) that (mainly) Z caused B, will not be deemed correct.

WOKEness, DEI, CRT, and ESG are hurting our country because it takes away from our focus on treating all people equally and not treating them differently because they are gay or have a particular skin color.

Yes. Everyone needs to be treated equally all the time. (y)

1690909184118.png

Attachments

• alllivesmatter.jpg
    alllivesmatter.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 3
Let's get back to the thread, how about? What has become abundantly clear is that Ron DeFascist prefers to stack everything against reality and see if any of it sticks. The problem is, he's just so obvious about it. He's trying to ride the right-wing CT train into the White House, emphasis on the white, by proposing every white nationalist fantasy as policy. Misogyny? Check. Anti-LGBT? Check. Racism? Check. Xenophobia? Check. He's a rodeo clown, complete with silly costumes.

View attachment 67460032 View attachment 67460033

Hmm… so “back to the thread” means let’s all bash DeSantis? ;)

/thread

Ah, let's double down on the deflection! BZZZT. You used that one already... No points to Slytherin.

OK, let me get back “on topic”.

DeSantis is really icky in your opinion. ;)

It's amusing to see the desperation being played out by the right wingers in our midst: Premise: "The sky is blue"
Responses: "Liberals do it too!"
"That's just liberal indoctrination!"
"But snow is not blue, and it comes from the sky, so anything that comes from the sky must not be blue."
"But MSNBC!"

Because all of your responses, beginning with the first, are bullshit. You just keep repeating the same rightwing memes and expect people to swallow them. Did you even read the OP article? No, you didn't.

"The Florida Department of Education determined that educational materials geared toward young children and high school students created by PragerU, a nonprofit co-founded by conservative radio host Dennis Prager, were in alignment with the state’s standards on how to teach civics and government to K-12 students.

The content, some of which is narrated by conservative personalities such as Tucker Carlson and Candance Owens, features cartoons, five-minute video history lessons and story-time shows for young children. It is part of a brand called PragerU Kids. And the lessons share a common message: Being pro-American means aligning oneself to mainstream conservative talking points.

“We are in the mind-changing business and few groups can say that,” Prager says in a promotional video for PragerU. He reiterated this sentiment this summer at a conference for the conservative group Moms for Liberty in Philadelphia, saying it is “fair” to say PragerU indoctrinates children.

“It’s true we bring doctrines to children,” Prager told the group. “But what is the bad about our indoctrination?”

Them's facts, baby, and you are desperately trying to avoid them.

OK, so PragerU openly admits to indoctrination, so they alone are guilty of indoctrination. I understand your very selective outrage, but simply disagree with selective outrage.

I’ll now get back “on topic”:

DeSantis is icky in your opinion, therefore that’s a fact.

Oh come on, Tucker Carlson and Candace Owens? Public schools should not be sanitizing these overtly partisan personalities.

I agree that all overtly partisan nonsense should be eliminated from public education, but the OP is expressing very selective outrage and is mainly interested in bashing DeSantis. See posts #34 and #40.

Last edited:
OK, so PragerU openly admits to indoctrination, so they alone are guilty of indoctrination. I understand your very selective outrage, but simply disagree with selective outrage.

I’ll now get back “on topic”:

DeSantis is icky in your opinion, therefore that’s a fact.
I think the problem is, my friend, that you're so used to reacting with "the prescribed outrage" you don't even recognize when you're doing it anymore. This is actually the first post you've made that actually refers to the topic. But ...you have to resort to deflection, yet again before completing the first sentence.

I agree that all overtly partisan nonsense should be eliminated from public education, but the OP is expressing very selective outrage and is mainly interested in bashing DeSantis. See posts #35 and #40.
You have provided absolutely no evidence to support your assertions. Just tired old memes unrelated to arguments.

You've now admitted that including PragerU is indoctrination. That's it. Argument over. Everything after that is just ... what? Oh yeah, irrelevant. Why not stop with:
ttwtt78640 said:
"I agree that all overtly partisan nonsense should be eliminated from public education"?

You have provided absolutely no evidence to support your assertions. Just tired old memes unrelated to arguments.

You've now admitted that including PragerU is indoctrination. That's it. Argument over. Everything after that is just ... what? Oh yeah, irrelevant.

The OP question was “Anybody going to defend this?”.

My reply’s was “I won’t defend it…”.

Your idea seems to be that the OP intent (thread topic?) was to bash DeSantis, so please stop trying to play (thread?) moderator.

You've now admitted that including PragerU is indoctrination. That's it. Argument over. Everything after that is just ... what? Oh yeah, irrelevant. Why not stop with:
ttwtt78640 said:
"I agree that all overtly partisan nonsense should be eliminated from public education"?

I’ll continue to post as I please, whether you like it or not.

BTW, your post #34 had absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.

I’ll continue to post as I please, whether you like it or not.
And I'll occasionally point out how silly it is. But only occasionally. I don't have that much time or interest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom