• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Few Republicans mention LGBT community in Orlando reactions

And yet you're not disgusted by your bigotry of Southerners.
Contradictory if you ask me.

it's merely a factual observation that most homophobia and anti gay legislation comes from rural areas and the south

you're not going to guilt trip me any more than X, so prove something i said wrong or don't bother

Some more articles i largely agree with that are along these lines:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...4a4286-33c9-11e6-8ff7-7b6c1998b7a0_story.html

"Everybody is, ‘LGBT, oh, we love our LGBT; oh, we’re there for our LGBT community.’ They’re there now because there’s a tragedy. Will they be there next week or the week after or a month from now or two months from now?”

Talking about lack of gay rights in florida

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/16/u...itical-divide-on-gay-rights-still-stands.html

"The massacre, with stunning speed, has been transformed into a political wedge, beginning with fierce disagreements over just what the crime should be called. An attack by “radical Islamic terrorists,” as Republicans insisted? A hate crime in a place seen as a safe haven by gays, as many Democrats said?

Politics have taken over in Washington and with particular force in Florida, where gay rights divisions are surfacing"

and the irrefutable republican bigotry continues

And we wouldn't hear a bit of condemnation from you or the OP.

too absurd a scenario to comment on

it's amazing to me though that you can lay into someone for valuing certain victims over others, or in my case simply explaining that people do that, but you have jack **** to say about the republican party's silence treatment towards the victims of this attack, OBVIOUSLY a silence born from their contempt for this group. Guess what, they value certain victims over others and you just deny or excuse it

I have heard gay work mates using the very term many many times back then...... get over your self righteousness kick.

The term has changed.............do your own leg work.

I remember when we all had to make a conscious effort to change our language reflect that homosexuality is not a choice or preference but, rather, an orientation.

And, I'd like to add, those slaughtered at Pulse were human beings and our fellow Americans. If others feel the need to use the descriptor "gay," okay.

too absurd a scenario to comment on

it's amazing to me though that you can lay into someone for valuing certain victims over others, or in my case simply explaining that people do that, but you have jack **** to say about the republican party's silence treatment towards the victims of this attack, OBVIOUSLY a silence born from their contempt for this group. Guess what, they value certain victims over others and you just deny or excuse it

I layed into someone? You layed into me for it, you hypocrite. I guess it's just bad if someone values victims you don't give a **** about. You think Christians don't die for their faith? Oh, that's right, I was so in the wrong to lament or care about that. Goodness knows you'd never condemn it - just like I said.

Last edited:
it's merely a factual observation that most homophobia and anti gay legislation comes from rural areas and the south

you're not going to guilt trip me any more than X, so prove something i said wrong or don't bother

Oh, I don't doubt it. Guilt takes some degree of honest self reflection. You'd have to be open, somewhat, to the possibility that, in fact, your **** does stink.

I remember when we all had to make a conscious effort to change our language reflect that homosexuality is not a choice or preference but, rather, an orientation.

And, I'd like to add, those slaughtered at Pulse were human beings and our fellow Americans. If others feel the need to use the descriptor "gay," okay.

And there would be folks that would be all, "they were people, why keep pointing out that they were gay?" (which actually makes more sense to me). To me it's not sad because they were gay, it's sad because they're people. But then, I'm just a gay basher and all.

yes but they were targeted for that reason, it wasn't random. If there was an attack on a grocery store and some of the victims were gay, none would bother to point this out. Regardless, the point you're making is NOT the reason republicans refuse to mention the victims' identities. It's just because they just flat out despise the victims' identities

either address the points i'm making or don't bother

yes but they were targeted for that reason, it wasn't random. If there was an attack on a grocery store and some of the victims were gay, none would bother to point this out. Regardless, the point you're making is NOT the reason republicans refuse to mention the victims' identities. It's just because they just flat out despise the victims' identities

Oh, well, you aren't going to find me affirming your ridiculous broadstroking of all Republicans.

Not everybody sees everyfreakingthing through the prism of orientation. I think most normal people today, whatever their political affiliation or orientation, are seeing this as an attack that could have happened to any one of us in the grocery store or theater or stadium.

Yes, I do think gays were targeted here. And that's sickening. But whether it's the San Bernardino employees or the Boston Marathon runners or the folks out clubbing this past Saturday, they're all our countrymen and women. I think your using this tragedy to flog your own political views is pretty sad.

And there would be folks that would be all, "they were people, why keep pointing out that they were gay?" (which actually makes more sense to me). To me it's not sad because they were gay, it's sad because they're people. But then, I'm just a gay basher and all.

Well, yes, because those killed and wounded were people, just innocent people like you and me who were out to have a good time.

But never waste an opportunity to get your partisan licks in, right? :roll:

But never waste an opportunity to get your partisan licks in, right? :roll:

Why didn't you say this to the one who started this thread? You know, the one who accused certain politicians, and their party in general, and all their constituents of hating gays as much as Omar Mateen apparently did?

And yet you're going after X Factor, of all contributors, for being partisan? Are you kidding? Have you not read the contents of this thread? What's wrong with you?

Your sputtering, red faced (I'm imagining) hate has made you irrational.

Why didn't you say this to the one who started this thread? You know, the one who accused certain politicians, and their party in general, and all their constituents of hating gays as much as Omar Mateen apparently did?

And yet you're going after X Factor, of all contributors, for being partisan? Are you kidding? Have you not read the contents of this thread? What's wrong with you?

No no, you're misreading her. She's not directing that at me. If anything, she's just building on my point

Do appreciate the sentiment though.

No no, you're misreading her. She's not directing that at me. If anything, she's just building on my point

Do appreciate the sentiment though.

Oh, oh. My bad. Thanks for clarifying. Sorry nota bene.

Your sputtering, red faced (I'm imagining) hate has made you irrational.

Hopefully when your other thread gets 0 replies you'll understand no one cares about your hard on for my approval. And that includes me

Once again, i have presented a thesis on republican hatred of lgbt. Either refute it, accept it, or **** off. I did not make the thread for your sake

Oh, well, you aren't going to find me affirming your ridiculous broadstroking of all Republicans.

Not everybody sees everyfreakingthing through the prism of orientation. I think most normal people today, whatever their political affiliation or orientation, are seeing this as an attack that could have happened to any one of us in the grocery store or theater or stadium.

Yes, I do think gays were targeted here. And that's sickening. But whether it's the San Bernardino employees or the Boston Marathon runners or the folks out clubbing this past Saturday, they're all our countrymen and women. I think your using this tragedy to flog your own political views is pretty sad.

yeah, i really post on a low circulation message board to 'spread the word' that republicans suck

i came across a couple articles that resonated and i posted them cause i was interested in debate, nothing more

but you still haven't presented a compelling reason for why i turn on the tv, even a soccer match there's gay pride stuff everywhere, there are messages everywhere about the victims' sexuality, and yet republican politicians are the only ones who seemed silent even before the attacker's sexuality was under suspicion

Last edited:
The republican led state of florida excludes lgbt from its hate crime protections. Hmmm, why is this if not certain groups are more deserving of crime?

Bigotry is all the same to me, you know this. Are you saying there's a reason the republicans have not mentioned who the victims were after this barbaric hate crime other than they hate lgbt? Is this much different from the silence due to contempt for the victims in 1972?

I accused some of them of taking advantage of an attack on a group they despise (lgbt) in order to attack another they despise (muslims). You reacted to this when mickeyw was doing it. You know what i mean.

IF these politicians wish to truly convince me they condemn the attack and mourn the victims, they can start by undoing the anti gay laws they have passed in state after state that only encourage discrimination and hate crimes, or hell, at least mentioning who the victims were! Kind of like how in south carolina they took down the flag after the attack on the black church. You know, take some responsibility for sustaining a culture of 2nd class citizens

Hate crime legislation is saying one persons suffering is worth more than another based on race. Think about that for a moment.

Hopefully when your other thread gets 0 replies you'll understand no one cares about your hard on for my approval. And that includes me

Once again, i have presented a thesis on republican hatred of lgbt. Either refute it, accept it, or **** off. I did not make the thread for your sake

I refute it. There. Consider yourself refuted.

Ask a religiously conservative Christian Republican simpleton to choose between militarily defending gay Americans, versus militarily defending homophobic radical Muslims that attack a gays on our soil. Do you think the religious conservative Republican-voting Christians would join the homophobic Muslims? Or do you think they'd defend the gay Americans and take any opportunity they could to squish the homophobic Muslims like a bug?

They'd defend the gay Americans over the murderously homophobic Muslims, any day. Easy. They might say "get away from me you gaywad, I need some elbow room to mow down these homophobic Muslims," but the gay Americans shouldn't take it personally. Americans first. Even if gay, Americans first.

Last edited:

Good people will always make a conscientious effort to treat all people fairly regardless of "pick your own orientation".

I'm presenting a counter thesis on the LGBT hatred of Republicans and you're my exhibit A.

I'm not trying to guilt trip you.
It's rather obvious that what drives your observations is more internal bias than reality though.
Homophobia and hatred? :lol:

You do know gay people live all over the South and rural areas.
It's less what you stated and more a conflict of beliefs, which are wrong but won't be corrected by being just as bigoted.
Continue to live in your illusion bubble though.

I'm not trying to guilt trip you.
It's rather obvious that what drives your observations is more internal bias than reality though.
Homophobia and hatred? :lol:

You do know gay people live all over the South and rural areas.
It's less what you stated and more a conflict of beliefs, which are wrong but won't be corrected by being just as bigoted.
Continue to live in your illusion bubble though.

Y'know, Harry, I was starting to think maybe I've been too rough on him, but it just occurred to me that he's engaging exactly what he's accusing Repubs of doing, exploiting this tragedy to preach his own hate for Republican "devils". What happened has really nothing to do with Repubs, but he's made it about that incessantly and in pretty much every thread he's replying to. I think "projection" is more common of an accusation than it should be, but I genuinely think it's accurate here. He believes everyone sees what occurred the same way he does - as an opportunity

Y'know, Harry, I was starting to think maybe I've been too rough on him, but it just occurred to me that he's engaging exactly what he's accusing Repubs of doing, exploiting this tragedy to preach his own hate for Republican "devils". What happened has really nothing to do with Repubs, but he's made it about that incessantly and in pretty much every thread he's replying to. I think "projection" is more common of an accusation than it should be, but I genuinely think it's accurate here. He believes everyone sees what occurred the same way he does - as an opportunity

I don't want to beat up on anyone, but I take special issue with the constant bigotry towards my kinsman.
The rather clear message people have towards them is Southerner = lesser human.

Lets give Republicans some credit. I know this is just one Republican politician, but Republicans are Americans and human beings as well. I refuse to go along with a blanket condemnation of Republicans just as I do for all Muslims. This story provides a ray of hope and shows that compassionate human beings, no matter their politics or religion, are the only hope for our country and the world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/17/us/utah-republican-is-unlikely-star-at-lgbt-vigil-for-orlando.html?_r=0

yeah, i really post on a low circulation message board to 'spread the word' that republicans suck

i came across a couple articles that resonated and i posted them cause i was interested in debate, nothing more

but you still haven't presented a compelling reason for why i turn on the tv, even a soccer match there's gay pride stuff everywhere, there are messages everywhere about the victims' sexuality, and yet republican politicians are the only ones who seemed silent even before the attacker's sexuality was under suspicion

You think she, or anyone should answer to or for your highly subjective and pretty obviously biased perception of what you do and don't see on TV and you're wondering why nobody's trying to address that? Besides, you know that if every single repub devil mentioned how this victim or that one was gay, you'd be reading into that how what they're really saying is how their death matters less because they they are gay. No matter what the devils say (or don't) you'll argue it's done for the worst purposes possible.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom