• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Family Thought Unvaxxed 13-Year-Old Beat COVID–Then She Died

I agree with you that parents who do not deal with their kids' weight issues need to face the music and get it under control. That said, its no easy task to get parents to do the right thing. In the decades I was in practice as a pediatrician I had little success convincing parents to prioritize diet and exercise in their kids. I could show them growth charts all day long and the kids would come in for their next well child exam just as heavy. Its a major problem and frankly, I don't know the solution to it. I don't think anyone does.
However, there is no need for overweight (or any kid) to die from covid. The vaccines available are highly effective in preventing the serious consequences of the disease regardless of comorbidities. They are safe and readily available. Its just dumb not to utilize this tool to protect your kids from the rare serious effects of C19.

And yes because she was obese she should have been vaccinated.

Wow. My opinion of you, actually had lower to go!
Someone should compile all my post in here into book form. It would go down through the ages with the wisdom of Socrates.

I'm sure I'll make enemies on both sides of the isle here but parents of obese children are guilty of child neglect if not abuse IMO. And yes because she was obese she should have been vsccinated.
Why? Obese children (and adults) with asthma or other co-morbidities should absolutely be vaccinated. Can't see anyone arguing with that.

How tragic !

Another young teen dies from Covid 19.

She was unvaccinated and thought she was recovering from her Covid symptoms when she took a turn for the worse and died.
……..
Family Thought Unvaxxed 13-Year-Old Beat COVID–Then She Died
Kensey Dishman thought she was in the clear as she returned to school after quarantining. Then she was found “slumped against the wall” in a bathroom.

https://apple.news/A0Y3L39YRTeSCKdJse6EnOQ
As a father who lost a child this is horrible and I wish it on nobody. I lost my daughter due to a random car accident she was in and over the years Ive thought to myself about maybe things i could have done differently that would have caused her not to be in that care that day. Its all pretty dumb because it has nothing to do with it but in a case like this where there's an honest logical possibility you caused your childs death I couldn't even imagine that type of pain and mind racing whether its true or not. Its a thought that is hard to never have and I feel so bad for anybody in this position of losing a child. It's no place i want anybody to be.

💙

Why? Obese children (and adults) with asthma or other co-morbidities should absolutely be vaccinated. Can't see anyone arguing with that.
I would argue with that: ALL kids should be vaccinated against Covid. If its YOUR kid who gets really sick with it the odds become 100%. There is NO NEED for any child to suffer serious illness from this disease.

A jump to declaring it was the result of not being vaccinated is the go to response. I found it interesting point the father made.
Yes she is not to blame. Whoever told her that it was a "personal choice" is. Vaccinations for deadly contagious diseases has never been a choice in this country.

If she took birth control, they’re a potential side effect. And teens and kids do die of blood clots annually, pre-Covid and still now.
Please provide Source of numbers teens and kids dying from blood clots pre Covid ?

If she took birth control, they’re a potential side effect. And teens and kids do die of blood clots annually, pre-Covid and still now.
From Webmd:

Blood clots are rare, even among birth control users. The rate for getting clots is about 0.3% to 1% over 10 years for a woman on the pill

From the article:

The coroner said that there was still no official cause of death, but the body had been released Friday morning.

So saying she died from Covid is premature.
Agreed. She was also asthmatic. The question is, did she die of covid? Or with covid? And if it was omicron, the vaccines are not all that effective. Hopefully the next series of shots will be specific to omicron.

Agreed. She was also asthmatic. The question is, did she die of covid? Or with covid? And if it was omicron, the vaccines are not all that effective. Hopefully the next series of shots will be specific to omicron.
Yeah
You’re right
Even though she died from covid she got that “ineffective “ vaccine….oh wait
No
She didn’t get vaccinated
It was a “personal choice” to commit suicide by covid

Last edited:
Yeah
You’re right
Even though she died from covid she got that “ineffective “ vaccine….oh wa.
No
It was a “personal choice”

As usual, you assume too much. What's known is that she had covid, she was unvaccinated and sadly she died. What's not known is if she died from covid or the comorbidities.

As usual, you assume too much. What's known is that she had covid, she was unvaccinated and sadly she died. What's not known is if she died from covid or the
The 2017–2018 flu season was severe for all US populations and resulted in an estimated 41 million cases, 710,000 hospitalizations and 52,000 deaths.

People who caught the flu in 2017 - 2018 and died were listed as flu deaths when they tested positive for flu.

Because people are dying with Covid 19 some conservatives wish to change the standard of how deaths are counted.

Count me as surprised 😮….. NOT !

Last edited:
As a father who lost a child this is horrible and I wish it on nobody. I lost my daughter due to a random car accident she was in and over the years Ive thought to myself about maybe things i could have done differently that would have caused her not to be in that care that day. Its all pretty dumb because it has nothing to do with it but in a case like this where there's an honest logical possibility you caused your childs death I couldn't even imagine that type of pain and mind racing whether its true or not. Its a thought that is hard to never have and I feel so bad for anybody in this position of losing a child. It's no place i want anybody to be.

💙
I am so sorry you lost a daughter to a car accident.

I lost a nephew to a car accident also. His seat belt actually broke douring the impact and he was killed instantly.

I agree the death of a child is very tragic for a family and their loved ones.

The 2017–2018 flu season was severe for all US populations and resulted in an estimated 41 million cases, 710,000 hospitalizations and 52,000 deaths.

People who caught the flu in 2017 - 2018 and died were listed as flu deaths when they tested positive for flu.

Because people are dying with Covid 19 some conservatives wish to change the standard of how deaths are counted.

Count me as surprised 😮….. NOT !
With all due respect, that has been occurring on both sides. Many who have died of something other then Covid have been counted as a Covid death, merely because they tested positive for covid. In at least one extreme case, someone died from a a car crash, yet was listed as a Covid death because he tested positive for Covid. To be fair, I am sure that the teenage girl in your article was not helped by having Covid, nor was she helped by having asthma. My own mother passed away after coming down with the flu, however she also had COPD and a pacemaker. And she did get the flu vaccine year after year. If you are not healthy to begin with, the common cold can kill you. Same goes with the 13 year old.

I am so sorry you lost a daughter to a car accident.

I lost a nephew to a car accident also. His seat belt actually broke douring the impact and he was killed instantly.

I agree the death of a child is very tragic for a family and their loved ones.
Thank you Minni
Unfortunately in my daughter's accident a seatbelt on or off was meaningless. SHe to passed the same way.
sorry for your loss as well
💙

Yeah
You’re right
Even though she died from covid she got that “ineffective “ vaccine….oh wait
No
It was a “personal choice” to commit suicide by covid
You wish she died from covid but what's worse is you would delight in that if she actually did.

Stupid way to die.
There is no guarantee should would not have died had she taken the vaccine, which has not been all that effective against Omicron.

There is no guarantee should would not have died had she taken the vaccine, which has not been all that effective against Omicron.

There is no guarantee that my motorcycle helmet will save me. Nor that the seat belt will save me. Or that the floatation device will save me. Or that the kickback guard on a chain saw will save me.....

Etc., Etc., Etc.

They do lesson the chances of dying/injury greatly.

There is no guarantee that my motorcycle helmet will save me. Nor that the seat belt will save me. Or that the floatation device will save me. Or that the kickback guard on a chain saw will save me.....

Etc., Etc., Etc.

They do lesson the chances of dying/injury greatly.
Concerning, Omicron, I am not so sure about the "greatly". I am all for vaccines. Including three Moderna Covid vaccine shots, I have personally received 7 vaccine shots since last February, most recently a pneumonia shot just last week. The Covid vaccines have been very effective up until Omicron. against that, it has not been. The last four infections in my office at work have been since the Omicron variant became dominant. They were all vaccinated. I am just against coercing people to get vaccinated. It must remain a personal choice. I will not bash a a 13 year old for making the choice not to get the vaccine. Perhaps she was afraid of the possible side effect "myocarditus", which is a much higher risk for children and young adults. Perhaps she saw the one or more days her parents suffered side effects after the shot and as an asthmatic, did not want to go through that. I felt like shit for about a day after all three Moderna shots.

Vaccines don’t work
Masks don’t work
Lockdowns don’t work
Ivermectin cures covid

There are no intersecting points on which to debate someone who lives in a fantasy world

Back
Top Bottom