• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Everything you wanted to know about gays (but were afraid to ask).

Deegan said:
LOL, brilliant, we really are quite blessed to have this opportunity to ask these questions, I just love this thread.

Deegan, if I didn't know better, I'd swear that Chicago just got in a fresh batch of some really good skunk-bud. :rofl Either that or you have just found Jesus or something....

Whatever...it looks good on you bro.

Captain America said:
Deegan, if I didn't know better, I'd swear that Chicago just got in a fresh batch of some really good skunk-bud. :rofl Either that or you have just found Jesus or something....

Whatever...it looks good on you bro.

I just love this internet thing, it has opened me up to so many different prospectives, I feel like a child here sometimes, but somehow I feel that's a good thing. I never thought I could learn so much here, but I guess when I finally stopped trying to teach, and just listen............I realized how wrong I was!

Get this, I even got out my old album, "A Star Is Born" now that's saying something!

How did this thread turn into a love-fest for a group of allegedly str8 guys?

Naughty Nurse said:
How did this thread turn into a love-fest for a group of allegedly str8 guys?

I apologize for stealing the spotlight girlfriend, but have you not had enough attention, sheesh?;)

Deegan said:
I apologize for stealing the spotlight girlfriend, but have you not had enough attention, sheesh?;)

Honey, a gay man can NEVER have enough attention! :2wave:

Naughty Nurse said:
Honey, a gay man can NEVER have enough attention! :2wave:

Nor can a straight man, we are children in adult sized outfits, just watch a football game with me, and you'll see what I mean.

cherokee said:
Do you hear of or have spouse beatings like some flucked up non gay couples do?
Yup. Domestic violence is everywhere. We had a friend who was in a relationship like that. At one point, it got bad enough that we went over and packed up all of his belongings and moved him in with us for a couple months. After that, he moved in with another friend and then went back to his abusive partner. We wrote him off, which was kind of sad but we did what we could and he's an adult who made his own decisions.

shuamort said:
Yup. Domestic violence is everywhere. We had a friend who was in a relationship like that. At one point, it got bad enough that we went over and packed up all of his belongings and moved him in with us for a couple months. After that, he moved in with another friend and then went back to his abusive partner. We wrote him off, which was kind of sad but we did what we could and he's an adult who made his own decisions.

Josh and I had a similar situation...but it was more of a mental/emotional abuse thing. Sometimes it got physical between our two friends and they would go through cycles of leaving and getting back together. It finally became absolutely tiring for the rest of us. It ended with me sitting them down and offering our spare room to one or the other if they would just take a break and get some perspective. In the end, that never happened and we lost touch eventually.

I am just thankful that Josh and I have such a good relationship with eachother. He is less of a boyfriend and more of a partner in crime...which has worked well for years now. :mrgreen:

Q: Have you been in a situation that you feared violence against you do to your sexual identity?

Q: If sexuality were a choice, would you chose to be gay or heterosexual?

Q: Do you have a lisp?

jallman said:
Josh and I had a similar situation...but it was more of a mental/emotional abuse thing. Sometimes it got physical between our two friends and they would go through cycles of leaving and getting back together. It finally became absolutely tiring for the rest of us. It ended with me sitting them down and offering our spare room to one or the other if they would just take a break and get some perspective. In the end, that never happened and we lost touch eventually.

I am just thankful that Josh and I have such a good relationship with eachother. He is less of a boyfriend and more of a partner in crime...which has worked well for years now. :mrgreen:

There is nothing that makes me more angry then an abusive person, either sex. But I have learned my lesson about stepping in, it nearly got me killed one time. I was at a bar one night, and I was about to get in the car, I heard this couple arguing, so I watched to make sure everything was o.k. Just then this guy slaps the woman so hard, she flew across the parking lot, so naturally, I felt I should step in, and make sure she was o.k. I walked over and asked if she was alright, then this guy takes a swing at me, again, naturally I knocked his *** unconscious, only to have this woman jump on my back, with a knife in hand. I threw her to the ground where I found her sorry ***, and got out of there fast, only she had cut my shoulder, and I needed twenty stitches. I swore I would not do that again, but I am sure I would probably do the same again if the situation presented it's self, I just can't stand to see a woman treated that way, it makes me crazy.

Last edited:
More questions from aps:

(1) Do you think size matters?

(2) Does it bother you that a bunch of states have passed laws that prevent gay people from getting married? Do you want to get married?

(3) Are any of you effeminate? Is this something you even notice with other men?

vauge said:
Q: Have you been in a situation that you feared violence against you do to your sexual identity?

I have been queer bashed - just once. Not nice.

vauge said:

Wow, what a question!! I think I'd go for gay - you just can't teach an old dog new tricks!

vauge said:

Now that'th jutht a thtupid thtereotype you thilly thod!

vauge said:

Not really. In fact, the only thing close was when I started a fight at Pantana Bob's on Hillsborough St in Raleigh. But...I was drinking tequila and heard someone call my date a fag.got. It was his birthday and, I dont know, I guess I just let my temper flare or the tequila incite me, not sure. But I clearly started the fight and it was my fault.

I dont have any other perception of myself. I would choose to be gay.

No, I dont. The lisp thing is about 50/50 with all the other gay men I know. I do notice this about gay men, we do tend to be very well-spoken as a whole.

Naughty Nurse said:
I have been queer bashed - just once. Not nice.

Wow, what a question!! I think I'd go for gay - you just can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Now that'th jutht a thtupid thtereotype you thilly thod!

LOL, I have always wondered though, does anal sex hurt?:3oops:

aps said:
More questions from aps:

Absolutely! If the suitcase is too small you just can't get all your cosmetics in!

aps said:
(2) Does it bother you that a bunch of states have passed laws that prevent gay people from getting married? Do you want to get married?

No it doesn't. Here in the UK we now have civil unions. Good enough for me. My partner and I will be getting civil-unioned at some point.

aps said:
(3) Are any of you effeminate? Is this something you even notice with other men?

Butch as anything, me!

One of the plus points about being gay is the feeling that you don't have to be constrained by gender stereotypes. I can be quite masculine, but I can also camp it up like anything! But I have a preference for the more masculine type.

aps said:
More questions from aps:

No, size does not matter. But...I will not be going back for another go if a guy has a 4 inch piece either.

Yes it bothers me that they pass these laws because of the rationale behind them. I dont think that marriage is appropriate because, as a Catholic, I respect the will of the Church and it is clearly against church doctrine. However, I am a strong supporter of civil union. Josh and I have accumulated enough assets and investments now that I get nervous about what would happen if one of us were to die. Civil union is important to me because I want to see to Josh's security in the event of some unforeseen tragedy.

(3) Are any of you effeminate? Is this something you even notice with other men?[/QUOTE]

I am not effeminate, but thats not to say I dont have a little inner sister in me that breaks out sometimes. ;)

Q: Is there really a special look? How does one "just know" if another person is gay?

Q: Is cuddling a requirement?

Deegan said:
LOL, I have always wondered though, does anal sex hurt?:3oops:

In the words of one of my favorite black lady comics: "F.uckin in the butt is some painful, horrible, evil, nasty sh.it...

...But I like it now."

vauge said:
Q: Is there really a special look?

The Pacridge look!

vauge said:
How does one "just know" if another person is gay?

One often doesn't! But I think there's something about eye contact.

pacridge said:

Absolute necessity, in my book!

jallman said:
In the words of one of my favorite black lady comics: "F.uckin in the butt is some painful, horrible, evil, nasty sh.it...

...But I like it now."

I only asked because I have done that with a few women, but I always felt bad after. But I had some women who demanded I do it, I just wondered if it was something you had to do a few times, and then enjoy, sounds like it from your answer.

OMG, what am I doing asking these things, I feel silly now!

vauge said:
Q: Is there really a special look? How does one "just know" if another person is gay?

It used to be in the dress and style of a guy. When I started college, if he had highlights, an earring, smooth face, perfect eyebrows, and nice casual but preppy dress, he was a homo. Time I graduated college, you would just be describing any random frat boy.

When I was single, not at all. In fact, I had a policy of never letting anyone sleep in my bed (just didnt want to give the wrong signals) and if I was at his house, I never spent the night. Most guys I knew were like that...and if they werent, they were the kind of guys those policies were meant to keep at bay.

Deegan said:
I only asked because I have done that with a few women, but I always felt bad after. But I had some women who demanded I do it, I just wondered if it was something you had to do a few times, and then enjoy, sounds like it from your answer.

OMG, what am I doing asking these things, I feel silly now!

I dont understand how it could possibly be pleasurable to a woman.

jallman said:
I dont understand how it could possibly be pleasurable to a woman.

But you said you now enjoy it, is your bum different from theirs?:confused:

jallman said:
When I was single, not at all. In fact, I had a policy of never letting anyone sleep in my bed (just didnt want to give the wrong signals) and if I was at his house, I never spent the night. Most guys I knew were like that...and if they werent, they were the kind of guys those policies were meant to keep at bay.

As a young nurse, I always said I was on early shift the next day, and made my exit / threw them out.

Deegan said:
But you said you now enjoy it, is your bum different from theirs?:confused:

Men have prostate glands, which are perfectly positioned!

Back
Top Bottom