• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Everything you wanted to know about gays (but were afraid to ask).

Kelzie said:
Ah crap. To...convert you....of course....:yes:

Then get the plastic sheets on the bed. I'm going to the store to get a gallon of baby oil!!! Happy friday to Kelzie. :mrgreen:

jallman said:
Then get the plastic sheets on the bed. I'm going to the store to get a gallon of baby oil!!! Happy friday to Kelzie. :mrgreen:

Yay! :rofl That's an awful lot of baby oil though....

On a different track, my little brother loves dancing, only has girl friends, is very sensitive, and has a lisp. What are the odds?

jallman said:
I knew about the time other guys started thinking about girls, I suppose. I found myself noticing the physiques of other boys in gym and after soccer practice.

This is what is so frickin' unfair about the whole thing. People like you may go into any locker room or gym or anywhere else and enjoy an eye full of nudity at your convenience. People like me, in order to enjoy some nudity, would get arrested.

GySgt said:
This is what is so frickin' unfair about the whole thing. People like you may go into any locker room or gym or anywhere else and enjoy an eye full of nudity at your convenience. People like me, in order to enjoy some nudity, would get arrested.

Hey...That is unfair.

Kelzie said:
Hey...That is unfair.

Hell yeah it is. I think about that unfair advantage all of the time.

GySgt said:

Well, membership does have its privileges!!!

GySgt said:

:lamo :2rofll:

That reminds me of one of my favorite jokes (sorry for going off topic):

Why is it that when a man talks dirty to a woman, it's sexual harrassment; but when a woman talks dirty to a man, it's usually $3.95 a minute?

Thanks for the answers.(all of you)

One last question...
Do you find it hard to show feelings in public? (ie holding hands and stuff like that)
or is that something you dont do?

ok maybe 2 questions..

Is it true one person is more dominate then the other?

GySgt said:

Yea but buddy you can always throw on some drag...LOL...:rofl

GySgt said:

Ummmm.......Gunny.......what exactly are you trying to convey to us here?:shock:

Just picture this when you are confused.......

story.jpg

Now I'm off to batten down the hatches, don't f**k with the Marines, especially where these issues are concerned!

hide.gif

cherokee said:

One last question...
Do you find it hard to show feelings in public? (ie holding hands and stuff like that)

Public affection is not something I am prone to anyway, just because of how I was raised. If I am at home and other people are around, I dont care and will reach over and kiss my partner or whatever, but if I am out in public, I just dont behave that way. I dont have some kind of embarassment or aversion to it, I just think it is a matter of decency to behave with proper decorum when you are around strangers.

I think it is just like heterosexual relationships. Sometimes there is a very dominant partner...women can be real bitches and men can be real a$$holes...you dont want to date either one.

For myself, I would not want to be with someone who was a pushover and let me dominate him. And God help the one who tries to dominate me...that wont last long at all. Someone who is a pushover is totally unattractive to me as is someone who has no respect.

jallman said:
cherokee said:
Public affection is not something I am prone to anyway, just because of how I was raised. If I am at home and other people are around, I dont care and will reach over and kiss my partner or whatever, but if I am out in public, I just dont behave that way. I dont have some kind of embarassment or aversion to it, I just think it is a matter of decency to behave with proper decorum when you are around strangers.

I think it is just like heterosexual relationships. Sometimes there is a very dominant partner...women can be real bitches and men can be real a$$holes...you dont want to date either one.

For myself, I would not want to be with someone who was a pushover and let me dominate him. And God help the one who tries to dominate me...that wont last long at all. Someone who is a pushover is totally unattractive to me as is someone who has no respect.

Nothing wrong with that, I rarely show much affection in public as well, I don't know why, maybe it's the way I was raised, and maybe I just like to keep that private, I don't know really, it's an interesting question to be sure.:confused:

Deegan said:
I have a question, surprise!:lol:

What is it that you find in men, that you can not seem to find in a woman?
Well, a hairy chest for one. Most women I've seen with that seem to be already taken.

Deegan said:
That is, what about being with the same sex, is that different then being with the opposite sex? I only ask because I find both men and women to have their own special qualities, and both are attractive in their own ways, I just wonder what limits you to one sex?
As jallman's pointed out, it seems as though it's easier to find common ground with someone of your own gender. It's not the deciding factor, of course, but it's a nice plus. There are other things that are attractive to me. Masculinity, my partner was a hunter, a fisher, and a camper and we did those things together. Of course, gay men run the gamut from masculine to feminine. For me, it's an important factor, I could never date or be attracted to a queenie guy. It's just not my type. There's a statement out there that goes "if I wanted to date a woman, I would". But there are many gays out there that are attracted to feminine men and it goes to show that sexuality isn't necessarily as binary as it's made out to be.

On the other side, there used to be a lesbian bar in town that my buds and I went to way back in the day. There were a couple "diesel dykes" that were pretty damn hot (alcohol and darkness helped. lol).

cherokee said:

One last question...
It's contextual and also knowing the comfort level and boundaries of other people too. I've never been much for PDA (public displays of affection) like making out for straights or gays. That's more of a private thing. I held my partner's hand in the theater, or in the car, or when he was in the hospital but the rest we saved for home.

cherokee said:
Well, yes and no. Some folks are into the whole submissive/dominant thing. This is particularly a common thing in the leather community and you can tell a person preference by armbands (used to be a hanky code, but I don't think that's still around). Armband on the left denotes dom (or top), on the right they're a sub (or bottom). If it's on both, they're a slut. Just kidding, it means they're versatile or will do either.

jallman said:

I still hold my wife’s hand in public, I sometimes get funny looks from other guys like I'm pu$$y whipped but like I told a guy who my she works with when he made the statement about being "P" whipped and a weak man after I brought flowers to her at work.

I walked over to him (about 4 inches from his face) and said in a polite manner

Don’t misconstrue affection for weakness. The relationship I share with my wife is 50/50 No one over the other. If you think I’m weak because I love my wife think about this. Harm her and I’d have no problem ripping your heart and eating it then sending your body back your family.

It been over a year and he still wont talk to me?..
I was in a bad mood that day...thats why I took her flowers, she can always cheer me up.

shuamort said:
It's contextual and also knowing the comfort level and boundaries of other people too. I've never been much for PDA (public displays of affection) like making out for straights or gays. That's more of a private thing. I held my partner's hand in the theater, or in the car, or when he was in the hospital but the rest we saved for home.

Well, yes and no. Some folks are into the whole submissive/dominant thing. This is particularly a common thing in the leather community and you can tell a person preference by armbands (used to be a hanky code, but I don't think that's still around). Armband on the left denotes dom (or top), on the right they're a sub (or bottom). If it's on both, they're a slut. Just kidding, it means they're versatile or will do either.

I dont have a problem with guys holding hands in public just like I dont care if a girl and a guy do...I really dont want to see a girl and a guy or 2 guys going at it in public...lol...

but chit holding hands is showing you love and respect them...but that just me..

ohh one last question....

Do you hear of or have spouse beatings like some flucked up non gay couples do?

shuamort said:
Well, a hairy chest for one. Most women I've seen with that seem to be already taken.

As jallman's pointed out, it seems as though it's easier to find common ground with someone of your own gender. It's not the deciding factor, of course, but it's a nice plus. There are other things that are attractive to me. Masculinity, my partner was a hunter, a fisher, and a camper and we did those things together. Of course, gay men run the gamut from masculine to feminine. For me, it's an important factor, I could never date or be attracted to a queenie guy. It's just not my type. There's a statement out there that goes "if I wanted to date a woman, I would". But there are many gays out there that are attracted to feminine men and it goes to show that sexuality isn't necessarily as binary as it's made out to be.

On the other side, there used to be a lesbian bar in town that my buds and I went to way back in the day. There were a couple "diesel dykes" that were pretty damn hot (alcohol and darkness helped. lol).

I had no idea you were gay, oh well, no big deal, it just surprised me is all. Thanks for the input, I am learning so much here, it's quite useful.;)

I have a couple of questions.

Should I paint my sunroom an aqua/green or go with a beige?

Should I get rid of my flannel and jeans look and maybe upgrade to a more modern look? I have really become attached to my moccassins.

One more thing. My wife likes me better with my ball cap off....what say ye?

cherokee said:
ohh one last question....

Do you hear of or have spouse beatings like some flucked up non gay couples do?

I have so many mixed feelings about that topic. It is insane that any man would beat his wife or treat her with a lack of respect. It is as you said, flucked up.

However, two men together is a totally different ballgame to me. If one is blatantly more powerful and stronger than the other, then I would consider it abuse. But if both are even matched, then its a fist fight and not abuse. I just think that with two men together, it is a natural thing that they may fight with eachother sometimes...especially if they are drinking buddies in addition to being lovers.

Mind you though, others will heatedly disagree with my assessment.

jallman said:
Mind you though, others will heatedly disagree with my assessment.

Too right. And if I have to punch you in the face to prove it .... ;)

Disadvantage of teh USA - UK time difference - too many questions piled up! Will try to answer some of them!

Sex with a woman? Never! That has just never appealed to me at all!!

Came out to my family at 18, and barely spoke to them for about 10 years after that. Not good! But I think we've since made up for lost time, and they simply love my partner. Decided at age 20 that I would never be in the closet again to anyone.

What is attractive in a man? Well, like Shuamort, I'm quite partial to a hairy chest, and a mustache (where are you Pacridge?). Like jallman, I like a strong jaw-line and a good neck, and I love the V shape (rear view) from shoulders to waist. And hands - have a real thing for a good pair of hands! I also love the fact that with a man sometimes you have to be the strong one, and sometimes you can be all pathetic and feel protected in those strong arms!!

Affection in public: Well, like others I don't like to see people practically eating each other in public, but where we live it's quite safe to walk down the street hand in hand, so we sometimes do that.

Will have to go back and look at the other questions!!

Captain America said:
I have really become attached to my moccassins.

Surgical removal may be the only answer!!

Deegan said:
I hear ya, a threesome, who would want that kind of pressure to perform!:shock:

Now what, exactly, is a threesome?

:rofl

Captain America said:
I have a couple of questions.

Should I paint my sunroom an aqua/green or go with a beige?

Should I get rid of my flannel and jeans look and maybe upgrade to a more modern look? I have really become attached to my moccassins.

One more thing. My wife likes me better with my ball cap off....what say ye?

LOL, brilliant, we really are quite blessed to have this opportunity to ask these questions, I just love this thread.

Deegan said:
I
O.k, maybe that's a few questions, but I have always been interested in why you homosexuals find it necessary to stick to just your own sex?

Why do you find it necessary to limit yourself to just the opposite sex?

Deegan said:
I now feel like I am suggesting being bi-sexual,

Well, if you'd like a little practice ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom