• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ethnic Profiling

Should Ethnic Profiling Be Done?

• Definitely yes.

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • In some situations only.

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No.

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Don't know.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
scottyz said:
The links I already posted say it. SA funded Bin Laden and his cronies. Do you usually defend terrorist regimes?

Yeah, right........:roll:

Stinger said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger
Why would you profile old ladies when old ladies are not doing what Arabs are doing, trying to kill us. They are Arabs that are doing that or are you trying to deny that fact?

So the FBI and the Israeli's who use such profiling successfully are just a bunch of hicks?

Not if the people who are trying to kill you are of a certain race. What is moronic is searching every 5th person regardless of thier race, age and sex. It's a waste of time and resources.

And sadly there are many in this country with such sophomoric beliefs that we in fact do waste valuable resources searching old ladies and babies.

The problem is the terrorist ARE smart enough to operate under such archane rules that force 90 year american men to under go worthless searches because it makes you feel better.

We both know that blue hair old lady is as likely a terrorist as the 22 year old arab muslim man with the backpack...LMAO

There are factions within this country that see to throw out Americans rights in order to give them to those that wish to kill us. This is done to prove a point of some sort. Course after the C4 detonates I am not really sure what point it carries other then easy targets

What if the little old lady is an arab? There has been a rise in female suicide bombers lately.

The left in this country is so screwed up.....All they are worried about is being politically correct..........I can never forget a few days after 9/11/01 there was a petition with 500,0000 signatures on it at moveon.org to try and negotiate with UBL.......I mean he just murdered 3,000 American citizens and they want to negotiate with this scumbag...........That has to be the height of political correctness......

The lesson is if you want to keep this country safe you can't listen to anything the whacko left says.......

scottyz said:
What if the little old lady is an arab? There has been a rise in female suicide bombers lately.

You profile her, plain and simple........

Navy Pride said:
The left in this country is so screwed up.....All they are worried about is being politically correct..........I can never forget a few days after 9/11/01 there was a petition with 500,0000 signatures on it at moveon.org to try and negotiate with UBL.......I mean he just murdered 3,000 American citizens and they want to negotiate with this scumbag...........That has to be the height of political correctness......
Have proof of this?

scottyz said:
Have proof of this?

I dont have proof at my fingertips, nor do i recall the specifics
but MoveOn.org did do something like what he said
showing the ignorance of the organization
you can not negotiate with terrorists, until they change their ways, which is unlikely

scottyz said:

She will cover her face like a bank robber. Search all people who hide their face.

DeeJayH said:
the admin has tried to negotiate with the Insurgents, NOT the terrorists
try a better story, or better yet, get back to the point raised about MoveOn.org

This is funny! What is the difference between insurgents and terrorists? Couldn't the 9-11 attackers been called insurgents?

independent_thinker2002 said:
This is funny! What is the difference between insurgents and terrorists? Couldn't the 9-11 attackers been called insurgents?

Allow me....

Insurgents = Those individuals of Iranian and Syrian background that have crossed the border to kill Americans and to punish and murder fellow Muslims for turning away from "Allah" as they attempt to embrace a freer society away from stricter oppressions that the Arab's version of Islam has to offer. The word insurgent implies a surge of individuals. Not a single attack.

Terrorists = Those individuals that purposefully target civilians and murder them as an attempt to gain attention or to warn others. This individual uses terror as a political weapon and often hides his activities under religion as a cover.

Often the two different individuals are one in the same, but do not have to be. It's pretty easy to understand, when you actually stop and think about it isn't it?

DeeJayH said:
try a better story, or better yet, get back to the point raised about MoveOn.org
The admin. says the insurgency is linked with terrorism. That they are not Iraqis but al qaeda members. Last I checked al qaeda was lumped in with the terrorists. "Better to fight them there than here"?

scottyz said:
Have proof of this?

Sure I do.........I told you the day after 9/11/01 there was a petition on moveon.org with 500,000 signatures on it saying we should negotiate with UBL..........

You boy Kerry said the war on terror should be handled as a police action........

Navy Pride said:
Sure I do.........I told you the day after 9/11/01 there was a petition on moveon.org with 500,000 signatures on it saying we should negotiate with UBL..........

You boy Kerry said the war on terror should be handled as a police action........
So in other words you can produce no evidence to back this claim.

scottyz said:
So in other words you can produce no evidence to back this claim.

How much more evidence do you need? What has to happen, the sky fall on you????:confused:

GySgt said:
Allow me....

Insurgents = Those individuals of Iranian and Syrian background that have crossed the border to kill Americans and to punish and murder fellow Muslims for turning away from "Allah" as they attempt to embrace a freer society away from stricter oppressions that the Arab's version of Islam has to offer. The word insurgent implies a surge of individuals. Not a single attack.

Terrorists = Those individuals that purposefully target civilians and murder them as an attempt to gain attention or to warn others. This individual uses terror as a political weapon and often hides his activities under religion as a cover.

Often the two different individuals are one in the same, but do not have to be. It's pretty easy to understand, when you actually stop and think about it isn't it?

i actually consider Insurgents to mean Iraqi's
former ba'ath party members, former military of iraq, plain old decent folk who think we are invaders not liberators, etc.....
foriegn fighters and al-qaida operatives i would consider terrorists

but what do i know, i am a Floridiot

scottyz said:
The admin. says the insurgency is linked with terrorism. That they are not Iraqis but al qaeda members.:roll: Last I checked al qaeda was lumped in with the terrorists. "Better to fight them there than here"?

could you contradict your self more? i dont think so

if they are al qaida, they are clearly terrorists
if they are linked to terrorists, just because they are fighting what they percieve as invaders/conqueror than they are insurgents NOT terrorists
unless they are using suicide bombs or attacking the innocents in iraq, because that would make them terrorists

and the fact that US officials have been talking to Insurgets, may have resulted in the passing of this constittution.

Al-Sistani has announced the Sunni's should support the Constitution
so despite all the nay-sayers,(in the US) apparently not only has Iraq had elections, but the Constitution will pass, and the change will continue

DeeJayH said:
could you contradict your self more? i dont think so

if they are al qaida, they are clearly terrorists
if they are linked to terrorists, just because they are fighting what they percieve as invaders/conqueror than they are insurgents NOT terrorists
unless they are using suicide bombs or attacking the innocents in iraq, because that would make them terrorists
So insurgents who plant bombs and shoot at civilians aren't terrorists simply because they don't blow themselves up? Working with Al qaeda doesn't make them terrorists? :rofl They're all fighting us because they perceive us as invaders.
and the fact that US officials have been talking to Insurgets, may have resulted in the passing of this constittution.
the talks apparently didn't go well.

scottyz said:
So insurgents who plant bombs and shoot at civilians aren't terrorists simply because they don't blow themselves up? Working with Al qaeda doesn't make them terrorists? :rofl They're all fighting us because they perceive us as invaders.

A lot of the insurgents are disgruntled sunnis who were in power under Saddam and know that if a legitimate gove. gets in it will be the end for them

scottyz said:

A lot of the insurgents are disgruntled sunnis who were in power under Saddam and know that if a legitimate gov. gets in it will be the end for them....The rest are foreign fanatics........

DeeJayH said:
Huh? I thought the insurgents work with terrorists? Remember? Al Quaeda is going to take over Iraq if we leave? Isn't that the Bush party line?

Bush most definintely negotiates with terrorists, and to deny so is really odd.

26 X World Champs said:
Huh? I thought the insurgents work with terrorists? Remember? Al Quaeda is going to take over Iraq if we leave? Isn't that the Bush party line?

Bush most definintely negotiates with terrorists, and to deny so is really odd.

to not understand the basic difference between insurgents and terrorists is sad
enemy of my enemy is my friend

I say Ethnic Profiling is not a bad thing, if you use it wisely.

Ok. Not ALL terrorists are arabs....but MANY of them are.

Therefore, it would be only prudent to check them (arabs) out with more care.

If they are not terrorists, I would hope that they would understand why they are being checked out more.

Sorry if this repeats any discussions, I didn't feel like spending the time to read all the posts, as alot of them seemed to be a few people telling each other how their logic didn't make any sense.

The Mark said:
I say Ethnic Profiling is not a bad thing, if you use it wisely.

Ok. Not ALL terrorists are arabs....but MANY of them are.

Therefore, it would be only prudent to check them (arabs) out with more care.

If they are not terrorists, I would hope that they would understand why they are being checked out more.

Sorry if this repeats any discussions, I didn't feel like spending the time to read all the posts, as alot of them seemed to be a few people telling each other how their logic didn't make any sense.

Welcome to the forum my friend.......Profiling is not only not a bad thing it is a necessary thing.................

Back
Top Bottom